[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kristaps and Kornet
Author Thread
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
3/27/2018  12:06 PM
Assuming KP returns healthy and Kornet sticks....what does everyone think of that combination? Kornet is more comfortable on offense outside setting screens and taking 3s...such a different dynamic than Kanter. Does that free up KP some more to play closer to the basket without the lane clogged?

On D, Kornet is more mobile and active than I thought he would be...showing a willingness to rotate to the outside guys. You lose some on the rebounding end compared to Kanter.

Thoughts?

PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/27/2018  12:08 PM
The combination of skillsets works really well. I am just concerned that Kornet isn't very good. I think he's an NBA player, but not sure if he will ever be a rotation caliber player.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/27/2018  12:16 PM
I still see Luke as a third string 5 and wouldn't feel comfortable with him chasing around 4s on perimeter. Heck, I'm still not comfortable with KP chasing around 4s. Spacing is the key to today's game and I think Kornet can provide plenty of it for KP to operate in the mid-range. Kornet's rim protection also could take pressure of KP. I think Kornet is worth bringing back to take a longer look. At the very least, he brings a different dynamic than KOQ and Kanter.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
3/27/2018  12:17 PM
I think the following. :

Who is gonna guard Boogie, Embiid, Towns, Ayers, Bagley, and all the dynamic bigs suddenly in the game?
I mean, do you expect KP Off surgery to mix it up and bang year one post surgery? That’s why my pick is Mo Bamba. Yes lots would have to flip correctly and the hoop Gods would have to see past Dolan - but we need a dynamic Big who has a touch, can vacuum the boards and intimidate. That’s what I think of Kornet and KP and don’t even ask me about Kanter.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/27/2018  12:24 PM
Kanter is one of the best low post scoring and rebounding bigs in the league, Wouldnt trade that for 3pt shooting. Kanter is a much better post up player than KP.

If Kanter opts out and eventually leaves Id rather see the Knicks get someone like Lopez, who is good enough to defend tbe team's best big. Clears a path for KP with his box outs, and provides scoring (and rebounding) now and then to keep the D honest.

Those conditions played a big part in KP having such a great rookie season.

BigDaddyG

3/27/2018  12:27 PM
Paris907 wrote:I think the following. :

Who is gonna guard Boogie, Embiid, Towns, Ayers, Bagley, and all the dynamic bigs suddenly in the game?
I mean, do you expect KP Off surgery to mix it up and bang year one post surgery? That’s why my pick is Mo Bamba. Yes lots would have to flip correctly and the hoop Gods would have to see past Dolan - but we need a dynamic Big who has a touch, can vacuum the boards and intimidate. That’s what I think of Kornet and KP and don’t even ask me about Kanter.

Mo is, at a minimum, three years away. He needs to mature physically and skillwise. That still leaves the question of who do we plug in during those developmental years? We need to find out if Kornet is one of those guys.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
blkexec
Member: #748
3/27/2018  12:30 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:I still see Luke as a third string 5 and wouldn't feel comfortable with him chasing around 4s on perimeter. Heck, I'm still not comfortable with KP chasing around 4s. Spacing is the key to today's game and I think Kornet can provide plenty of it for KP to operate in the mid-range. Kornet's rim protection also could take pressure of KP. I think Kornet is worth bringing back to take a longer look. At the very least, he brings a different dynamic than KOQ and Kanter.

He's a nice cheap add.....But with his limited all around skill set and more bigs playing like guards these days. There are plenty of mobile bigs his height with better defense, but not the 3 pt range. It comes down do what we value more in this rebuild, offense or defense?

What about adding a 3pt threat at SF and get a late pick on a 7 foot defender? I actually met and played with a dude going in the late 1st round. Mitchell Robinson I believe is his name. Same height, but guard like skills, with a jumper from deep (not as good as Kornet, but better than average)....He's also light in the azz like Kornet, but he's a slashing, defender with a workable jumper PF/Center....Lateral quickness like a guard....Depends on your rebuild style. I prefer defense, if I already have compitent shooters. I would add a shooter in the draft like Bridges at a position of need SF....

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/27/2018  1:32 PM
I like Kornet as the 3rd center. He's young enough to get better, but his skillset is nice to go to from time to time especially in practice. I really like KP as the primary center too. With his ACL injury we need to start thi take advantage of his unicorn abilities. Centers can't deal with him. He's going to destroy every nba center. He destroyed Anthony Davis and cousins at the same time when we played them. That's kps figure.... I love kanter, but he's a hammer. Let him do what he did in okc.... high production off the bench in 25-28 mins. We need that. Koq has been good in that role too. We're good at center. I would not worry
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/27/2018  2:06 PM
Hicks and Kornet both show promise in different areas in the post willy era.
Most likely neither will stick long term but for now we are building assets.
They are long and have interesting skills
BigDaddyG

3/27/2018  2:29 PM
blkexec wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:I still see Luke as a third string 5 and wouldn't feel comfortable with him chasing around 4s on perimeter. Heck, I'm still not comfortable with KP chasing around 4s. Spacing is the key to today's game and I think Kornet can provide plenty of it for KP to operate in the mid-range. Kornet's rim protection also could take pressure of KP. I think Kornet is worth bringing back to take a longer look. At the very least, he brings a different dynamic than KOQ and Kanter.

He's a nice cheap add.....But with his limited all around skill set and more bigs playing like guards these days. There are plenty of mobile bigs his height with better defense, but not the 3 pt range. It comes down do what we value more in this rebuild, offense or defense?

What about adding a 3pt threat at SF and get a late pick on a 7 foot defender? I actually met and played with a dude going in the late 1st round. Mitchell Robinson I believe is his name. Same height, but guard like skills, with a jumper from deep (not as good as Kornet, but better than average)....He's also light in the azz like Kornet, but he's a slashing, defender with a workable jumper PF/Center....Lateral quickness like a guard....Depends on your rebuild style. I prefer defense, if I already have compitent shooters. I would add a shooter in the draft like Bridges at a position of need SF....

Workouts will be key for Robinson, I think. He's been MIA for a while now. He may have already gained bulk. He's definitely worth a look. Guys like him are the reason some might advocate trading down.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/27/2018  4:02 PM
They use kornet how they should have been using KP (on the perimeter) instead of forcing him in the post where he gets double instantly and struggles a lot to pass out of it.

This is a face up jump shooting league, 3 point attempts are only going to go up, and kornet can play PF and Center because he can block shots.

He looks great in The Pick and pop, but still has a way to go.

On the last play of regulation, BURKE was calling him to give him a pick, but he couldn't get over their quick enough because his man wouldn't let him forcing him into traffic.

But I would take kornet over KOQ

ES
blkexec
Member: #748
3/27/2018  5:13 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Workouts will be key for Robinson, I think. He's been MIA for a while now. He may have already gained bulk. He's definitely worth a look. Guys like him are the reason some might advocate trading down.

Yeah, I think whoever picks him is one lucky team. This guy was suppose to be a higher pick. Got accepted to West Kentucky I think, but didn't play or show up. I talked to his girl friend who works at the gym we play at. Sounds like a maturity thing to me, or bad advise. But one thing that stood out was his length. The guy was doing every thing most above average guards do. He made everything look easy. Euro steping from the 3 pt line it seems like. His conditioning was low.....Thats the only thing I saw. Jumper was hitting, but I can tell if he was pressured, it would be off.....But thats fine, cause he has a decent 1st step. Will be interesting to see if he falls, since he skipped college all together. And getting accepted and not going, will show immuturity or irresponsibility. To me he's a late bloomer....

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Cartman718
Member: #1694

3/27/2018  5:17 PM
Kornet looks like a backup C to me for now, until KP fills out and can play C.
If neither one can stop a bruising forward or center...we would definitely get played on PNRs.

get KP to come out and defend his man on the pick, leaving Kornet to man the paint, which he hasn't yet shown great defense on.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
reub
Member: #6227

3/27/2018  5:36 PM
I like Kornet as the backup to KP at the four in the future. Similar games in that they both work on the perimeter on offense and alter shots down low on the defensive end.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

3/28/2018  12:12 AM
Andrew wrote:Assuming KP returns healthy and Kornet sticks....what does everyone think of that combination? Kornet is more comfortable on offense outside setting screens and taking 3s...such a different dynamic than Kanter. Does that free up KP some more to play closer to the basket without the lane clogged?

On D, Kornet is more mobile and active than I thought he would be...showing a willingness to rotate to the outside guys. You lose some on the rebounding end compared to Kanter.

Thoughts?

This thought crossed m6 mind as well last night because I think Kornet is showing some smarts/skill out there and I think th3 combination of those 2 out there would also open the floor for our guards while also adding lots of length around the r8m.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/28/2018  9:19 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Kanter is one of the best low post scoring and rebounding bigs in the league, Wouldnt trade that for 3pt shooting. Kanter is a much better post up player than KP.

If Kanter opts out and eventually leaves Id rather see the Knicks get someone like Lopez, who is good enough to defend tbe team's best big. Clears a path for KP with his box outs, and provides scoring (and rebounding) now and then to keep the D honest.

+1
I wonder where we'd be if we had kept Lopez. A two way center. Instead of having a no-D, double double machine and a bloated contract that can't shoot.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/28/2018  9:43 AM
jrodmc wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Kanter is one of the best low post scoring and rebounding bigs in the league, Wouldnt trade that for 3pt shooting. Kanter is a much better post up player than KP.

+1
I wonder where we'd be if we had kept Lopez. A two way center. Instead of having a no-D, double double machine and a bloated contract that can't shoot.

I like Kanter, hope he sticks. David Lee was a double double machine, but his rebounds were often when both teams were running towards the other side of the court. Kanter works a lot harder, fights a lot more under the rim.

We've talked about coaches adapting to their personnel, I believe a good coach could find a role for someone with Kanter's skill set. One thing he has in common with Lopez is that they're both very good at grabbing offensive boards, Kanter is actually better. He gets us a lot of second chance opportunities in traffic. When no one can find the rim, its great to have a player like Kanter who can get us second chances, As a starter, or off the bench, I believe it would be a mistake not to make an offer. See how bad Kanter really wants to stay in NY.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

3/28/2018  10:00 AM
I like Kornet a lot, other then his sharp shooting ability. He’s a active rebounder, shot blocker, and sets great screens. I like Kornet off the bench backing up KP at the 5. KP can and will guard any 5 in this league with ease, as a matter of fact he might still be playing if he wasn’t all over the floor defending quick PF all season. We all know KP is working on strength so I expect a very bulked up kp by next winter.

The question shouldn’t be can KP guard opposing 5’s they are slower and keep our best shot blocker near the rim.

The question really is how are Teams going to deal with KP destroying 5’s on a nightly basis? There is No 5 in this league that can stop KP other then maybe al Hartford.

Bringing in Kornet off the bench, keeps opposing centers out of the paint, just like KP. It will keep the floor wide open for guys like Burke to have a field day.

For me I hope both kanter and O’Quinn walk, I’m starting to like Kornet over both of them.

reub
Member: #6227

3/28/2018  10:35 AM
jrodmc wrote:

+1

We can never repay Kanter for allowing us to rid ourselves of Melo and his big, fat salary. If you hadn't noticed Melo is one of the worst starters in the league this year. Thanks, Enes!

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
3/29/2018  10:30 AM
I think we need a bruiser type to complement KPs outside finesse game. Sad thing is Dwight Howard would have been perfect if we had signed him instead of Noah.
Kristaps and Kornet

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy