Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/27/2018  3:35 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Just watched the replay, wow. More reason to sign Burke, but I still like him as a backup. A very good one. Would like to see the Knicks draft or find one more PG. Bring both Frank and Burke off the bench as a tandem next season. Believe we also need a PG who can post up, and better defend post ups by taller PGs. If Burke starts, a PG like that off the bench.

Walker's D needs work but I wouldnt mind Kemba as starting PG, and Burke off the bench. That would get us to the playoffs faster.

Disagree...I think Burke can start, perhaps not for a championship caliber team, but he's definitely a starter in this league. Darren Collinson is the starting pg for the #4 seed in the East; Burke can certainly start for a playoff team. Dont like the idea of Burke and Walker on the same team though, 2 smallish lead guards who may struggle vs bigger guards?

There are only really 2 contenders in the NBA, Houston and GSW, everybody else are playoff teams, and he definitely put up harden/curry/paul type #s last night, and it wasn't know fluke..

"Know" a fluke, or say "No" to a fluke?
Sometimes you put up some good stuff. That is a "know fluke"?
When you put up a post like this one, its no fluke, its the norm.
You almost are saying "since there are only two contenders, and its KNOW fluke Buke put up MVP like numbers, then knicks are contenders?

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/27/2018  4:51 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Just watched the replay, wow. More reason to sign Burke, but I still like him as a backup. A very good one. Would like to see the Knicks draft or find one more PG. Bring both Frank and Burke off the bench as a tandem next season. Believe we also need a PG who can post up, and better defend post ups by taller PGs. If Burke starts, a PG like that off the bench.

Walker's D needs work but I wouldnt mind Kemba as starting PG, and Burke off the bench. That would get us to the playoffs faster.

Disagree...I think Burke can start, perhaps not for a championship caliber team, but he's definitely a starter in this league. Darren Collinson is the starting pg for the #4 seed in the East; Burke can certainly start for a playoff team. Dont like the idea of Burke and Walker on the same team though, 2 smallish lead guards who may struggle vs bigger guards?

There are only really 2 contenders in the NBA, Houston and GSW, everybody else are playoff teams, and he definitely put up harden/curry/paul type #s last night, and it wasn't know fluke..

So what you are saying is Burke is having his breakout non-fluke season under Mill's player development system and Jeff's coaching. Got it
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/27/2018  5:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/27/2018  5:40 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:

So what you are saying is Burke is having his breakout non-fluke season under Mill's player development system and Jeff's coaching. Got it

Not only that, it sounded like....optimism! Hope nothing broke. I like Burke off the bench with Frank to help balance out Frank's lack of scoring ability right now. Unless they draft a PG with one of our picks.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/27/2018  5:50 PM
Just me but I feel we should be putting more energy into being happy we were able to land Burke and sign him for peanuts and have him performing the way he has. Over using his success as a way to complain or throw shade at coaches or other players.

He could be performing like this for another team. You want more blessings stay humble. Like Burke

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/27/2018  6:00 PM
so what's the long term contract situation with Burke? I know Knicks have him for next year, but would he be a RFA for the Knicks the year after that? Or would they have needed to have him for 3 years to have those type of rights?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
3/27/2018  6:05 PM
martin wrote:so what's the long term contract situation with Burke? I know Knicks have him for next year, but would he be a RFA for the Knicks the year after that? Or would they have needed to have him for 3 years to have those type of rights?
I posted an article on him where it said he is an RFA and that his cap hold for 2019 is only 2.4 mil. The article is a blog article. I didn't fact check it but it is from the new writer on the Knicks wall. That guy has been killing it.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/27/2018  6:10 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:so what's the long term contract situation with Burke? I know Knicks have him for next year, but would he be a RFA for the Knicks the year after that? Or would they have needed to have him for 3 years to have those type of rights?
I posted an article on him where it said he is an RFA and that his cap hold for 2019 is only 2.4 mil. The article is a blog article. I didn't fact check it but it is from the new writer on the Knicks wall. That guy has been killing it.
Oops. Just gave his cap hold for 2019 not whether or not he is a RFA.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
USA
3/27/2018  6:13 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I can't believe the Knicks would be that thoughtless.... OK I can, but the $2.4M cap hold and RFA sound right and would be perfect

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/27/2018  6:54 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Just me but I feel we should be putting more energy into being happy we were able to land Burke and sign him for peanuts and have him performing the way he has. Over using his success as a way to complain or throw shade at coaches or other players.

He could be performing like this for another team. You want more blessings stay humble. Like Burke

We will be really blessed if KP comes back no worse for wear. Hope KP and Trey can get some BBall esp going. Looking forward to seeing how that works out next season.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/27/2018  7:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/27/2018  7:23 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Just me but I feel we should be putting more energy into being happy we were able to land Burke and sign him for peanuts and have him performing the way he has. Over using his success as a way to complain or throw shade at coaches or other players.

We will be really blessed if KP comes back no worse for wear. Hope KP and Trey can get some BBall esp going. Looking forward to seeing how that works out next season.

Hopefully we are able to add a big time player at the draft as well.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/27/2018  7:33 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

Judging by the way Trey works the pick and roll, they will be a dangerous combination. Kp needs easy shots and Burke is going to score if you don't close out on him. Knicks are on to something

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
blkexec
Member: #748
3/27/2018  8:08 PM
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Judging by the way Trey works the pick and roll, they will be a dangerous combination. Kp needs easy shots and Burke is going to score if you don't close out on him. Knicks are on to something

Always a plus when you have a scoring guard with play making abilities....Both Trey and KP will cause PNR nightmares for anybody who switches on defense. Unfortunately, you have the same problem for both on defense.

I missed Trey's game, so all I can go by is those HD Highlights. And what jumped out at me was not Trey, but Kemba....Thats my only concern with Trey Burke, allowing other big or small guards to get off.

I think with Trey there will always be games where his man will out score him and Trey could get stuck in a dual. But with his 12 assist, that tells me he's matured from that. Will be interesting to see him and KP together.

As far as JH coming back, I don't think Trey or THj....and others from what I'm hearing, respect JH. For Trey to waive off the coach, and your a Gleague player? Thats the ultimate disrespect.....Hope thats not a trend.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
USA
3/27/2018  8:21 PM
blkexec wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Always a plus when you have a scoring guard with play making abilities....Both Trey and KP will cause PNR nightmares for anybody who switches on defense. Unfortunately, you have the same problem for both on defense.

I missed Trey's game, so all I can go by is those HD Highlights. And what jumped out at me was not Trey, but Kemba....Thats my only concern with Trey Burke, allowing other big or small guards to get off.

I think with Trey there will always be games where his man will out score him and Trey could get stuck in a dual. But with his 12 assist, that tells me he's matured from that. Will be interesting to see him and KP together.

As far as JH coming back, I don't think Trey or THj....and others from what I'm hearing, respect JH. For Trey to waive off the coach, and your a Gleague player? Thats the ultimate disrespect.....Hope thats not a trend.

I didn't pay enough attention but it will be interesting to see Trey balance the scoring and running the team.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/27/2018  8:34 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I can't believe the Knicks would be that thoughtless.... OK I can, but the $2.4M cap hold and RFA sound right and would be perfect

i dont think it was thoughtless they did sign him for 2 years. I don't get how he would be a RFA it would seem like we would have Early bird rights thats it.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Cartman718
Member: #1694

3/27/2018  9:39 PM
He definitely needs work on the non-PNR passing. But if you had a PNR center or forward, that could be a good tandem.
Remember Nate Robinson also had 45 point nights and although their temperaments are different, he was an energizer and did bring it every night.

I see a backup scoring guard role. I am yet to see a long pass or a lob to a forward or center for an easy dunk. He's short so PNR passes work really well for him.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/27/2018  10:28 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
franco12 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
franco12 wrote:before we get ahead of ourselves, let's see what he can do over the remainder of the season in the starting role, and then next year.

I'm worried he gets exposed a bit over the long haul. We've seen this before from guys - someone has to take shots and score points, even on a losing team.

We have? We have seen some scoring outburts but 42 points? 12 dimes and only 1 TO? And Burke was already shooting over 50% to start the game.. Not sure we have seen that.

2 turnovers

Lavor Postell, Landry Fields.

I'm not against keeping him. I think the FO waits the rest of the way. I don't want to have a Briggs type overreaction.

Fields never scored over 30 pts in a game

My point with Fields was he looked like a keeper with MDA- put up solid numbers with us, and signed a big deal and then exposed.

I'm not saying Trey is Landry Fields 2 or not deserving of a contract- just wait and see if he can sustain it.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/28/2018  9:09 AM
franco12 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
franco12 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
franco12 wrote:before we get ahead of ourselves, let's see what he can do over the remainder of the season in the starting role, and then next year.

I'm worried he gets exposed a bit over the long haul. We've seen this before from guys - someone has to take shots and score points, even on a losing team.

We have? We have seen some scoring outburts but 42 points? 12 dimes and only 1 TO? And Burke was already shooting over 50% to start the game.. Not sure we have seen that.

2 turnovers

I'm not against keeping him. I think the FO waits the rest of the way. I don't want to have a Briggs type overreaction.

My point with Fields was he looked like a keeper with MDA- put up solid numbers with us, and signed a big deal and then exposed.

I'm not saying Trey is Landry Fields 2 or not deserving of a contract- just wait and see if he can sustain it.

Fields got hurt.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Welpee
Member: #6239

3/28/2018  12:35 PM
Knixkik wrote:I have reserved judgment to make sure i don't get too excited, but Burke looks like the real deal. 25 years old and seems like he is really coming into his own. I thought he was just a scoring guard, but he is running the P&R well and competing on defense. With Burke and Frank, seems like PG may not be the problem here. Burke is a ideal scoring guard for this league. Seems we stumbled on gold, hopefully we can keep him.
And to think some folks were here debating whether we should keep Ramon Sessions instead of calling up Burke. What did we have to lose?
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/28/2018  1:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/28/2018  1:47 PM
fishmike wrote:
franco12 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
franco12 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

2 turnovers

Fields got hurt.

Yeah that injury forced him to change his jumpshot and everything. I also think he got some bad advice as far as recovery and training. It is incorrect to say that he signed a big contract and got exposed. Not really how it went down.

Sign Burke to that extension ASAP

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy