[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sign Burke to that extension ASAP
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/26/2018  9:06 PM
I have reserved judgment to make sure i don't get too excited, but Burke looks like the real deal. 25 years old and seems like he is really coming into his own. I thought he was just a scoring guard, but he is running the P&R well and competing on defense. With Burke and Frank, seems like PG may not be the problem here. Burke is a ideal scoring guard for this league. Seems we stumbled on gold, hopefully we can keep him.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/26/2018  9:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/26/2018  9:12 PM
Knixkik wrote:I have reserved judgment to make sure i don't get too excited, but Burke looks like the real deal. 25 years old and seems like he is really coming into his own. I thought he was just a scoring guard, but he is running the P&R well and competing on defense. With Burke and Frank, seems like PG may not be the problem here. Burke is a ideal scoring guard for this league. Seems we stumbled on gold, hopefully we can keep him.

The guy made an additional 20mm tonight. Right now he has played into a hot free agent.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
USA
3/26/2018  9:26 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I have reserved judgment to make sure i don't get too excited, but Burke looks like the real deal. 25 years old and seems like he is really coming into his own. I thought he was just a scoring guard, but he is running the P&R well and competing on defense. With Burke and Frank, seems like PG may not be the problem here. Burke is a ideal scoring guard for this league. Seems we stumbled on gold, hopefully we can keep him.

The guy made an additional 20mm tonight. Right now he has played into a hot free agent.

Luckily we have him locked in. It's to our benefit to extend him sooner rather than later. I am fine with the Burke/Frank PG combo moving forward, with them playing alongside each other from time to time. Bridges at the 3 is what is needed. If we are sticking with a backcourt that includes Hardaway and Burke, scoring won't be a problem, but we need guys like Bridges and Frank on the wings that can be game-changers defensively and make open threes. We will still be a star away, but surrounding KP with scorers like Burke and Hardaway and defensive wings like Bridges and Frank is a great start.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
3/26/2018  9:31 PM
30 shots. Considering Mudiay didn’t play and Frank fouled out and Dotson is awol, someone had to shoot it and he doesn’t have an issue firing it up. He’s super competitive. Well great job by Knick management as it’s kike getting a 25 year old top 15 draft choice or FA when we couldn’t have expected it.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/26/2018  9:32 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

He's got a team option next year and will be an RFA after that. He's a Knick as long as they want to pay him. He could be the guy next year.

Even more reason I want Bridges from Nova. Im a believer that Frank's offense and shooting comes around. If Burke is the real deal (Kemba has no answer for him tonight) you have 2 6'6 crazy long defensive guys who can knock down shots along with (eventually KP) surrounding Burke who since coming up from the D league is having a REALLY easy time getting his shot off and getting open looks.

I do hope he's legit. What a boon for the Knicks. Burke scores so well it makes it easier to keep Frank out there with his stinky offense because his D really helps. So thats a good fit. A Burke blow up would keep us away from Young/Sexton... two guards I am not high on using a lottery pick for. This would have a nice ripple effect but I am sure others feel differently.

Burke had 42 points, 12 assists and 2 TOs. He shot 19-31, in an OT game (not garbage time). WOW. Briggs you got this going to the hall?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
3/26/2018  9:33 PM
Paris907 wrote:30 shots. Considering Mudiay didn’t play and Frank fouled out and Dotson is awol, someone had to shoot it and he doesn’t have an issue firing it up. He’s super competitive. Well great job by Knick management as it’s kike getting a 25 year old top 15 draft choice or FA when we couldn’t have expected it.
dude he hit 19. Thats no chuckin
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

3/26/2018  9:36 PM
Treysanity!!!! He played out of his mind tonite 40 and 10!!! Only Bernard King, Frazier and Marbruy have done that as Knicks....This dude is legit!!!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/26/2018  9:37 PM
Paris907 wrote:30 shots. Considering Mudiay didn’t play and Frank fouled out and Dotson is awol, someone had to shoot it and he doesn’t have an issue firing it up. He’s super competitive. Well great job by Knick management as it’s kike getting a 25 year old top 15 draft choice or FA when we couldn’t have expected it.

He shot 61%.... 12 assists.... two turnovers.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fishmike
USA
3/26/2018  9:37 PM
Uptown wrote:Treysanity!!!! He played out of his mind tonite 40 and 10!!! Only Bernard King, Frazier and Marbruy have done that as Knicks....This dude is legit!!!
Careful what you ask for. He almost won the game.
fishmike
USA
3/26/2018  9:38 PM
EnySpree wrote:

2 TOs is amazing.. aside from some excusable first start jitters he's taken great care of the ball considering how much he dribbles
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/26/2018  9:48 PM
fishmike wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

2 TOs is amazing.. aside from some excusable first start jitters he's taken great care of the ball considering how much he dribbles

Yo Fish... I can't even say what he did wrong in the game because of the Frank stuff going on here. I'm going nuts

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
3/26/2018  9:52 PM
As much as I like Bridges and appreciate the need for SF, I think we are in need of a talented 5 who can play both ends, complement KP, play effectively against Towns, Embiid, and the other newcoming 5s Davis, Boogie etc. KP can’t come back and be expected to play D vs the leagues top 5s. If we have 1 n 2 in the backcourt and KP coming back, if Kanter opts out then save the money, let Thomas and Lee walk, see if Dotson or Baker have any room here or Mudiay for that matter and by 2020 we should be ready to sign a bona Fide SF.
Knixkik
USA
3/26/2018  10:04 PM
Right now he's probably playing his way into a mid-level type deal. I would offer him that Lou Williams contract asap. 3 years-21 mil, extended from next season's minimum. Basically locking him in for 4 years at 22 mil or so. Best case he's our starting PG for the next 4+ years. Worst case he's a solid 6th man.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/26/2018  10:06 PM
I'm in California at the moment. Sad I missed the show. :(
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

3/26/2018  10:07 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:I'm in California at the moment. Sad I missed the show. :(

nbafullhd

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/26/2018  10:48 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:I'm in California at the moment. Sad I missed the show. :(

nbafullhd

I can watch Burkes highlights on youtube for the game. But watching it live is a different high

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
3/27/2018  5:52 AM
Paris907 wrote:As much as I like Bridges and appreciate the need for SF, I think we are in need of a talented 5 who can play both ends, complement KP, play effectively against Towns, Embiid, and the other newcoming 5s Davis, Boogie etc. KP can’t come back and be expected to play D vs the leagues top 5s. If we have 1 n 2 in the backcourt and KP coming back, if Kanter opts out then save the money, let Thomas and Lee walk, see if Dotson or Baker have any room here or Mudiay for that matter and by 2020 we should be ready to sign a bona Fide SF.

The problem with our rooster may be that we have an extra SG, but no SF and no other starting quality big save KP (Kanter isn't a solution). If we draft a big, maybe the could play sg, where he us most effective. If Frank can hold his own defensively at SF Burke, him and thj could share the floor as a starting unit. Or us this trying to fit square pegs in round holes?

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/27/2018  8:39 AM
before we get ahead of ourselves, let's see what he can do over the remainder of the season in the starting role, and then next year.

I'm worried he gets exposed a bit over the long haul. We've seen this before from guys - someone has to take shots and score points, even on a losing team.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/27/2018  9:31 AM
some PGs need time to put it all together. Billups comes to mind immediately. Hopefully that's the case with Burke. I, personally, am okay with paying him more by making him prove it over a longer period of time. He's under contract next season. I don't think there's any rush.
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
USA
3/27/2018  9:53 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:some PGs need time to put it all together. Billups comes to mind immediately. Hopefully that's the case with Burke. I, personally, am okay with paying him more by making him prove it over a longer period of time. He's under contract next season. I don't think there's any rush.
downside is he blows up next year, looks great running the offense and is surrounded by better defensive player and that year is a FA mess as there are a ton of players and teams with cap space. Some team could offer him 4/$80mm

Knicks have had a good long look at Burke. They saw his work ethic in the G league. They are seeing him here deal playing behind guys like Jack and Mudiay waiting for his turn. I would say he's conducting himself in a way that would make him look like a long term fit. I have liked him for awhile as a nice change of pace scorer off the bench. However Burke's shooting %s are off the charts. Those #s are in the Tony Parker/Steve Nash zone of incredibly efficient scoring PGs.

We will see how the FO handles it but trying to navigate how to manage talent is always a nice problem to have.

Sign Burke to that extension ASAP

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy