[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks Vs the Wolves........Howl for the Tank!
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/23/2018  10:20 PM
Burke is looking like a solid backup PG. Especially with the improved D. With Frank they really went at Minny. This could be a great second unit backcourt. for a while anyway. We were competitive, with Mudiay AWOL, to put it nicely. Imagine if we bad a legit starting PG next season to boot.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/24/2018  12:59 AM
reub wrote:Frank looked good. Trey looked very good. Tim went off. Plus we lost. A great night!

I’d try to get Burke into a 4-5 yet 3-4 mm per year contract the Knicks got oquinn to take

RIP Crushalot😞
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

3/24/2018  6:19 AM
reub wrote:Frank looked good. Trey looked very good. Tim went off. Plus we lost. A great night!

Now this s what I like to see play tough against a good team and lose by a few points in the end. Do this for the next 90 or so games and maybe we get a core together

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/24/2018  6:21 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

I’d try to get Burke into a 4-5 yet 3-4 mm per year contract the Knicks got oquinn to take

Yeah he may take it. If they wait another year he could get twice that and at that price he isn't worth having

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GustavBahler

3/24/2018  10:33 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Yeah he may take it. If they wait another year he could get twice that and at that price he isn't worth having

Im guessing that Burke's agent is going to point to Baker's deal and say "I dont think so". Its probably going to have to be more competitive, or Burke (at his age) will take his chances.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/24/2018  12:03 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Pretty sure the Knicks have his rights for next year already.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/24/2018  1:37 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Im guessing that Burke's agent is going to point to Baker's deal and say "I dont think so". Its probably going to have to be more competitive, or Burke (at his age) will take his chances.

I'd genuinely forgotten baker even existed!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/24/2018  1:52 PM
We got Burke for next year at I think about 1.7mm.
Baker? I don't know what we gonna do with him.
Frankie I read grew is now 6'6 and it was thought he might have another inch to go. Kid plays defense, passes too much and has yet to lift a weight. Im good at where ever position he grows into. More good basketball player you have the better you are! He Might be a three position player. Pippen was invaluable because he could lock down Magic Johnson one night, and Isiah Thomas the next.
We got a long way to go before we start that kind of comparison, it just points to potential flexibility. We not going to have this roster forever, change is constant!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/24/2018  4:16 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I don't mean to respond to any particular poster here but this is a big head scratcher for me.

First, we should already know that Burke has a team option for next year, or in the very least we can look it up very easily.

Also, what agent is going to sign a 4-5 year deal at 3-4M per? This is not 3 or 4 years ago when the cap was $65M.

For those of you who don't follow these things closely: https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/NYK.html

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler

3/24/2018  4:37 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I don't mean to respond to any particular poster here but this is a big head scratcher for me.

First, we should already know that Burke has a team option for next year, or in the very least we can look it up very easily.

Also, what agent is going to sign a 4-5 year deal at 3-4M per? This is not 3 or 4 years ago when the cap was $65M.

For those of you who don't follow these things closely: https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/NYK.html

Talk about a head scratcher. Read it again. I clearly pointed out that Burke might want to wait until his deal is up (whenever that is) than take a lowball multi-year offer, if the Knicks try to lock him in. Instead of exercising the team option, because he's playing so well. "Take his chances"

Didnt have to look anything up to see that.

GustavBahler

3/24/2018  4:42 PM
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

People forget thst Baker was a better PG as an undrafted rookie, than former MVP Rose. He had the same problem as Frank, too unselfish. He's shown that he isnt afraid of contact, its time Baker took it to the rim with some consistency, the 3pt sbooting will follow. Without some offense, he's a borderline G-Leaguer.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

3/24/2018  4:59 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

People forget thst Baker was a better PG as an undrafted rookie, than former MVP Rose. He had the same problem as Frank, too unselfish. He's shown that he isnt afraid of contact, its time Baker took it to the rim with some consistency, the 3pt sbooting will follow. Without some offense, he's a borderline G-Leaguer.

yeah. I do think frank has improved driving to the hoop lately which is a great sign for next year
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/24/2018  6:49 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Talk about a head scratcher. Read it again. I clearly pointed out that Burke might want to wait until his deal is up (whenever that is) than take a lowball multi-year offer, if the Knicks try to lock him in. Instead of exercising the team option, because he's playing so well. "Take his chances"

Didnt have to look anything up to see that.

yeah I know, I wasn't really responding to you, thus my first sentence.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
3/25/2018  12:31 AM
Def liked what I saw from out guards of the future. JH heard our cries and gave Frank 37 minutes. Hopefully he keeps at it and he grows these last handful of games. Burke working to show he’s not a defensive liability, and he’s still money on offense. THJ showing he can blow up like an all-star.
Game Thread: Knicks Vs the Wolves........Howl for the Tank!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy