[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

https://nypost.com/2018/03/22/knicks-must-now-make-a-run-at-kawhi-leonard/
Author Thread
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/23/2018  10:28 PM
btw, paris i gotta get on you for pasting the link to the article in the subject. CMON MAN!
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/24/2018  1:56 PM
Knixkik wrote:Spurs holding players only meetings begging this guy to come back. He is refusing. I want no part of that type of player. Media ate Porzingis alive for an honest assessment saying he was tired. Yet he played through it. Kawhi sitting out despite being cleared. He would be a disaster here. All around fragile player who has been protected in San Antonio up to this point it seems.

I'll give Kawhi the benefit of the doubt- ever since , was it, Grant Hill or some such player who kept insisting he was injured/ in pain, but their team were convinced that they were imagining it/ refusing to play- turned out they weren't at all.

smackeddog
3/24/2018  2:07 PM
fishmike wrote:he's hurt and due for a huge payday... so he makes perfect sense for the Knicks.

Really its a NO because the timing makes no sense. However I find this thread puzzling and loaded with assumptions and I wonder why. Dude has played through injuries in the past. 2 DPOY and a finals MVP and suddenly he's mentally weak, a me-first guy, doesnt care about the team... WOW.

Imagine if you are him. You have won 2 DPOY and a finals MVP and become one of the best players in the league. You get hurt. You work on getting better but you are still hurt. Docs say you can play. You try. You are still hurt. You tell everyone "hey... this isnt working. I cant play."
They say yes you can and you are mentally weak, selfish etc...

I guess I am the only one who feels bad for this dude. He obviously wants to play and doesnt feel right. But hey... its only his body. He's only a pro athlete, he's looking at a massive deal in an NBA where far inferior players are getting $100mm deals. This is literally the guy's life and his history says he plays through plenty. People expect him to just wing it or take a cavalier approach to the only asset he has... his body.

Not so much as a sliver of giving Kawhi the benefit of the doubt? That maybe he actually wants to play and cant? (it must be mental, he must just be weak).

Damn

I completely agree. I work with people struggling with chronic pain- it's amazing how many people just decide someones lying based on nothing. I don't think he seems like the kind of guy to just decide to pretend he's hurting.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/24/2018  3:10 PM
Not a knick problem, not my problem.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

3/24/2018  6:07 PM
nyk4ever wrote:
Gudris wrote:
Caseloads wrote:kawhi is mentally injured

It is fixable, POPe is a great coach but he also is a brainwasher, not everybody can handle his methods easily

really? because this is literally the first time there has been a problem with a player in san antonio. comes off to me that kawhi is a mental midget unlike his predecessors. there is no room for a guy that quits on his teammates in my opinion.

Correct - and he is exactly the type of player the Knicks are known to starfukk for

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/24/2018  8:36 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
Gudris wrote:

It is fixable, POPe is a great coach but he also is a brainwasher, not everybody can handle his methods easily

really? because this is literally the first time there has been a problem with a player in san antonio. comes off to me that kawhi is a mental midget unlike his predecessors. there is no room for a guy that quits on his teammates in my opinion.

Correct - and he is exactly the type of player the Knicks are known to starfukk for

There's a new management team in place and it appears they are not chasing the flavor of the month player that costs assets, draft position and crushes the teams salary cap situation. In season additions, Burke, Mudiay, Williams, Hicks and Kornett. The only big contract that was brought in by Perry is Kanter and he will make 11-12 mil less than Melo next year and is 9 years younger.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
3/25/2018  5:06 PM
nyk4ever wrote:btw, paris i gotta get on you for pasting the link to the article in the subject. CMON MAN!

Gotcha. It won’t happen. My bad !!

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
3/25/2018  5:13 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
Gudris wrote:

There's a new management team in place and it appears they are not chasing the flavor of the month player that costs assets, draft position and crushes the teams salary cap situation. In season additions, Burke, Mudiay, Williams, Hicks and Kornett. The only big contract that was brought in by Perry is Kanter and he will make 11-12 mil less than Melo next year and is 9 years younger.

Yes and as a Knick fan, (of 50 years), I appreciate the discipline. Yet stars win in this league typically go to guys. Assume KP comes back. Tell me having the games preeminent two way SF DPOY isn’t a step in that direction. ? He’s 27. Competitor, lock down defender and wants the ball with clock winding down. KP Kawhi THJr Burke Beas now Lee/Thomas/etc are expendible and Oq May need to be resigned

smackeddog
3/26/2018  4:51 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I completely agree. I work with people struggling with chronic pain- it's amazing how many people just decide someones lying based on nothing. I don't think he seems like the kind of guy to just decide to pretend he's hurting.

What I'm hearing around the league is that Leonard's uncle, Dennis Robertson, has been trying to backdoor engineer a trade out of SA. Other teams are asking about Leonard's health and apparently the message is he will hit the ground running. Since the Spurs have trained and groomed many execs and coaches around the league, apparently it didn't take long for word to get back to them.

Leonard is in his prime. The Spurs are in a treadmill situation. Signing him to supermax only compounds the resource problem to try to build around him. Much of the tension, apparently, is because Nike does not see Leonard as one of it's core Signature athletes. The kind of shoe deal you get is very much an ego/status situation around the league.

Non Spurs teams are leery. They are only going to trade if they can get Leonard with an extension, but that is just a very difficult trade to pull off (How do you trade volume without gutting your team, why would Leonard want to go to a gutted team?) Also his uncle is implied in the deal and frankly everyone in the league is tired of the dude.

I can believe he wants a trade, what I find had to believe is that he'd sit out essentially a whole season to achieve it- has an all star ever been healthy and sat out an entire season to try and force a trade?

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/26/2018  8:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/26/2018  8:23 AM
smackeddog wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I completely agree. I work with people struggling with chronic pain- it's amazing how many people just decide someones lying based on nothing. I don't think he seems like the kind of guy to just decide to pretend he's hurting.

What I'm hearing around the league is that Leonard's uncle, Dennis Robertson, has been trying to backdoor engineer a trade out of SA. Other teams are asking about Leonard's health and apparently the message is he will hit the ground running. Since the Spurs have trained and groomed many execs and coaches around the league, apparently it didn't take long for word to get back to them.

Leonard is in his prime. The Spurs are in a treadmill situation. Signing him to supermax only compounds the resource problem to try to build around him. Much of the tension, apparently, is because Nike does not see Leonard as one of it's core Signature athletes. The kind of shoe deal you get is very much an ego/status situation around the league.

Non Spurs teams are leery. They are only going to trade if they can get Leonard with an extension, but that is just a very difficult trade to pull off (How do you trade volume without gutting your team, why would Leonard want to go to a gutted team?) Also his uncle is implied in the deal and frankly everyone in the league is tired of the dude.

I can believe he wants a trade, what I find had to believe is that he'd sit out essentially a whole season to achieve it- has an all star ever been healthy and sat out an entire season to try and force a trade?

Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle. Kwahi might be fine now, but there could have been a point in the season when he didnt feel physically ready to come back, but felt like he was being pushed to come back too soon. Felt like his input wasnt being taken seriously. Then when he actually did feel well enough to play, Leonard decided that SA had burned the bridge, and he was going to wait out the rest of the season.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/22/knicks-must-now-make-a-run-at-kawhi-leonard/

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy