Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
3/23/2018  1:25 PM
wo
Knixkik wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
Gudris wrote:
Caseloads wrote:kawhi is mentally injured

It is fixable, POPe is a great coach but he also is a brainwasher, not everybody can handle his methods easily

really? because this is literally the first time there has been a problem with a player in san antonio. comes off to me that kawhi is a mental midget unlike his predecessors. there is no room for a guy that quits on his teammates in my opinion.

I agree. They aren't even shielding it anymore, they have pretty much come out and said that Kawhi refuses to play and it's more mental than physical. This is a first in San Antonio and speaks volumes about the player.

agreed. he is selfish
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
3/23/2018  1:26 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Nalod wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:sign me up. Kawhi is a quiet dude. I doubt we'll ever know why he wants out. The bottomline is when he's on and healthy he is one of the top three players in the league, if not the best. You very rarely get a player of his quality in free agency without some issues. Sign me up. I'd rather deal with him being quiet and passive aggressive than watching years of drafting players in between 7 and 10. I really can't believe that people wouldn't want him here

Via trade or free agency? What price do you pay?
His talent is not a question. He is tainted at the moment. Lets assume he is healthy and wants to be here.
I can't imagine a situation where he does not get traded. Depth matters. WE dont' have it now, how can we obtain it if we are depleted?
Boston can offer Tatum nearly straight up for him and Spurs would be fine. we offer frank and two picks? If it does not work we lose any way to climb out of it.

well, he can opt out after next season. it's clear he doesn't want to work with the Spurs. so my assumption is he will opt out of his contract after next season and become an UFA. at which point I would offer him whatever he asks for, a key to the city, renaming the East Village to kawhi's place... etc.

does he even want to hoop still??

Caseloads
anrst wrote:no thanks for kawai. something is wrong with that dude if he wants to leave spurs and join dolan's franchise.

you are right

Caseloads
GustavBahler wrote:Even if Kwahi comes back 100 percent, he hasnt shown to be a vocal leader, very introverted. Believe Pops has been successful to this point at working around it. Not so sure a non HOF coach, other than maybe Brad Stevens could get the best out of Leonard. Unless its an offer the Knicks cant refuse, short of trading KP. Pass.

pass x 100
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/23/2018  1:27 PM
Nalod wrote:Great article, appeal to the fans sense of starphuch and go all in. Not sure about the price of Frank and two no. 1’s and my fear that we get depleted again trying to balance out the roster to compete. Not sure about Leonards health and his ability to be not just a great player but the alpha to lead the team.
No doubt when stars come on the market we should be ready like BOston was, and still does in stockpiling no. 1 picks for use and as trade.
It may be way premature to make a move like this because you have to consider what team you will have after the trade. Dolan got Melo without much thought to what it would take to complete the roster. This was in the face of Riley great “Heatles” and Melo was very vocal about being able to recruit in the aftermath. Dreams of our own little conspiracy with Chris Paul was so exciting!
Spurs created Leonard by: Drafting George Hill at the 30, then started him, then trade him for the 13th pick used on Leonard and developing him. Knicks in three mid No. 1 picks might never get as lucky so perhaps its worth a shot at him? I’m conflicted.
IM not losing sleep on this. It’s no rumor and just a scenario written by a beat writer to a fan base eager to salivate/discuss this concept. Irony for Triangle fans is Leonard might be the perfect point player given his skill set.
Reality is Spurs would create a bidding war and Leonard has to commit to extension. All this with his physical condition questioned. I’m not saying no. I’d give up frank, our no. 1 this year and Kanter.
Also behind all this is what is Pop’s future? Is he really looking to rebuild or would he step aside? All great runs have to come to an end. That would factor into what they would want in return.
For example Minny could build a trade of picks, players with Wiggins. In the aftermath they’d have a core of Butler, towns and Leonard. At least Spurs get back an NBA player who Pop could work into his system in a short time. Deal would propel Wolves current at the expense of the future but still have a very young allstar in Towns when that run is over to either rebuild with or jump start a rebuild (what smart teams do!). Knicks only have KP.

A lot of good points.

Can't miss the irony of complaining about the 9th pick and all the "meh" players we'd be stuck with, then proposing we bundle that for a former 13th pick.
Never been a fan of the tank, but to take on Kawhi you're not only eating up max cap space, you're stripping yourself of potential building blocks through the lottery. Does Kawhi really make us a contender all by himself? We'd be left looking for midlevel players and potential G-League diamonds to get us over the hump?

Originally thought, with a gun to my head, you have to make the deal (Frank/picks/spare parts). The more I think about it, I just can't see how this fits our current landscape. I'd love to buy a Ferrari, but not if prevents me from paying the mortgage.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/23/2018  1:50 PM
I don't see how we can make a deal work. Too much money he is owed, we have too few assets and we're too far away from being competitive.

I mean maybe in a fantasy, they would trade him for Kanter and Frank- but I don't see that and I can well imagine 10 teams have better offers and situations.

I also disagree with the article. We really haven't been rebuilding and we haven't been patient.

In my opinon, I think Dolan has finally signed on for a true, full rebuild. Took him close to 15 years and wasted assets and burnt talent, but I view this as year one.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/23/2018  1:54 PM
Caseloads wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Nalod wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:sign me up. Kawhi is a quiet dude. I doubt we'll ever know why he wants out. The bottomline is when he's on and healthy he is one of the top three players in the league, if not the best. You very rarely get a player of his quality in free agency without some issues. Sign me up. I'd rather deal with him being quiet and passive aggressive than watching years of drafting players in between 7 and 10. I really can't believe that people wouldn't want him here

Via trade or free agency? What price do you pay?
His talent is not a question. He is tainted at the moment. Lets assume he is healthy and wants to be here.
I can't imagine a situation where he does not get traded. Depth matters. WE dont' have it now, how can we obtain it if we are depleted?
Boston can offer Tatum nearly straight up for him and Spurs would be fine. we offer frank and two picks? If it does not work we lose any way to climb out of it.

well, he can opt out after next season. it's clear he doesn't want to work with the Spurs. so my assumption is he will opt out of his contract after next season and become an UFA. at which point I would offer him whatever he asks for, a key to the city, renaming the East Village to kawhi's place... etc.

does he even want to hoop still??

who knows? does he not want to hoop now? what's more likely: that he wants to quit basketball or he doesn't want to play for the Spurs anymore?

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/23/2018  2:02 PM
Caseloads wrote:
anrst wrote:no thanks for kawai. something is wrong with that dude if he wants to leave spurs and join dolan's franchise.

you are right

man, that Kyrie Irving... what a bum... why would he want to leave LeBron

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/23/2018  2:16 PM
he's hurt and due for a huge payday... so he makes perfect sense for the Knicks.

Really its a NO because the timing makes no sense. However I find this thread puzzling and loaded with assumptions and I wonder why. Dude has played through injuries in the past. 2 DPOY and a finals MVP and suddenly he's mentally weak, a me-first guy, doesnt care about the team... WOW.

Imagine if you are him. You have won 2 DPOY and a finals MVP and become one of the best players in the league. You get hurt. You work on getting better but you are still hurt. Docs say you can play. You try. You are still hurt. You tell everyone "hey... this isnt working. I cant play."
They say yes you can and you are mentally weak, selfish etc...

I guess I am the only one who feels bad for this dude. He obviously wants to play and doesnt feel right. But hey... its only his body. He's only a pro athlete, he's looking at a massive deal in an NBA where far inferior players are getting $100mm deals. This is literally the guy's life and his history says he plays through plenty. People expect him to just wing it or take a cavalier approach to the only asset he has... his body.

Not so much as a sliver of giving Kawhi the benefit of the doubt? That maybe he actually wants to play and cant? (it must be mental, he must just be weak).

Damn

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/23/2018  3:06 PM
There was a reason they wanted to trade us Kawhi for KP and Frank. Obviously they didn't know this was coming, but they seemed to have felt Kawhi lacked a certain something to be the leader of the franchise moving forward. Both he and KP are injury prone to an extend, but seems like KP has the mentality to be a franchise player, and Kawhi probably doesn't.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/23/2018  3:06 PM
I think it was triplethreat or Hofstra that a few weeks back depicted Leonard as not being the all too nice kid we think and his uncle as one evil selfish influence.
LIke most things, we don't really know the true story, only what we read.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/23/2018  3:07 PM
Caseloads wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Spurs holding players only meetings begging this guy to come back. He is refusing. I want no part of that type of player. Media ate Porzingis alive for an honest assessment saying he was tired. Yet he played through it. Kawhi sitting out despite being cleared. He would be a disaster here. All around fragile player who has been protected in San Antonio up to this point it seems.

yup. soft as a sock

But they have to think. They have to try. They have to come up with something.

This is great. Yeah, let's do anything.

Patience is for priests.

What do they do at the Post? Everyone throws darts at a board and Vaccarro's finally hit "Write Rabid Anti-Tanking Piece"?

I miss Antonio McDyess.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
3/23/2018  3:39 PM
LA could offer Ingram and two firsts as the nr if those firsts is through trade. Knicks can’t offer two firsts back to back.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/23/2018  3:47 PM
fishmike wrote:Really its a NO because the timing makes no sense.

Agree. I would do the deal if we had assets and a way to improve the roster. Boston could take a calculated gamble because they had enough picks, players and salary flexibility to make a deal. We're lacking in all three right now. Yeah, this move will garner more interest, but it's a treadmill move. It's the Melo years all over again. By the time we finish paying Leonard and KP, we won't have enough to move forward. That why cheap first-rounders are key for us.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/23/2018  5:15 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Agree. I would do the deal if we had assets and a way to improve the roster. Boston could take a calculated gamble because they had enough picks, players and salary flexibility to make a deal. We're lacking in all three right now. Yeah, this move will garner more interest, but it's a treadmill move. It's the Melo years all over again. By the time we finish paying Leonard and KP, we won't have enough to move forward. That why cheap first-rounders are key for us.

players do become availble for a variety of reasons. Harden and Irving are examples.
Knicks perhaps one day have their ducks in a row for when that happens.
Lets not forget the great Heat teams had DWade already in place, Celtics had Pierce and Cav's had Irving. At least we have KP in place for a future.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/23/2018  5:23 PM
Wow, when you've lost Tony Parker..

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tony-parker-quad-injury-100-181131968.html

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/23/2018  7:13 PM
Maybe Kawhi is tired of the Spurs machine.... maybe he wants to go to a big market and spread his wings. He's won all the award. Sacrificing this time to force a trade in the summer is worth it. He's got nothing to prove.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/23/2018  7:58 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

how many times do we have to do the wrong thing? It is absolutely pointless to add salary until you have a youth base set. The you grab the vets and go over the cap with bird rights. 5 years ago when you could combine exceptions and a full mid levels every year it would be fine but now, we won't get out of the first round

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/23/2018  8:38 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Caseloads wrote:

you are right

Huge point. Kyrie was cruxified for wanting to try something new. Kawhi might be lobbying to do the same thing.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/23/2018  10:22 PM
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Caseloads wrote:

you are right

Huge point. Kyrie was cruxified for wanting to try something new. Kawhi might be lobbying to do the same thing.

were there really people crucifying kyrie? i think most understood he didn't want to play robin to lebrons batman and be left to pick up the pieces after lebron leaves him high and dry..

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
https://nypost.com/2018/03/22/knicks-must-now-make-a-run-at-kawhi-leonard/

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy