[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

https://nypost.com/2018/03/22/knicks-must-now-make-a-run-at-kawhi-leonard/
Author Thread
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
3/22/2018  11:24 PM
Vaccaro makes a point and given that his Uncle is listening maybe New York KP and a rag tag rotation could lure Kawhi. KP and Leonard would be dominant if healthy
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/22/2018  11:42 PM
This article gives me a sense of deja Vu for some reason...

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/22/2018  11:55 PM
kawhi is mentally injured
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/23/2018  12:33 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:This article gives me a sense of deja Vu for some reason...

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Caseloads
3/23/2018  2:11 AM
man, I loved Amare.
Gudris
Member: #6213

3/23/2018  3:41 AM
Caseloads wrote:kawhi is mentally injured

It is fixable, POPe is a great coach but he also is a brainwasher, not everybody can handle his methods easily
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/23/2018  8:33 AM
Great article, appeal to the fans sense of starphuch and go all in. Not sure about the price of Frank and two no. 1’s and my fear that we get depleted again trying to balance out the roster to compete. Not sure about Leonards health and his ability to be not just a great player but the alpha to lead the team.
No doubt when stars come on the market we should be ready like BOston was, and still does in stockpiling no. 1 picks for use and as trade.
It may be way premature to make a move like this because you have to consider what team you will have after the trade. Dolan got Melo without much thought to what it would take to complete the roster. This was in the face of Riley great “Heatles” and Melo was very vocal about being able to recruit in the aftermath. Dreams of our own little conspiracy with Chris Paul was so exciting!
Spurs created Leonard by: Drafting George Hill at the 30, then started him, then trade him for the 13th pick used on Leonard and developing him. Knicks in three mid No. 1 picks might never get as lucky so perhaps its worth a shot at him? I’m conflicted.
IM not losing sleep on this. It’s no rumor and just a scenario written by a beat writer to a fan base eager to salivate/discuss this concept. Irony for Triangle fans is Leonard might be the perfect point player given his skill set.
Reality is Spurs would create a bidding war and Leonard has to commit to extension. All this with his physical condition questioned. I’m not saying no. I’d give up frank, our no. 1 this year and Kanter.
Also behind all this is what is Pop’s future? Is he really looking to rebuild or would he step aside? All great runs have to come to an end. That would factor into what they would want in return.
For example Minny could build a trade of picks, players with Wiggins. In the aftermath they’d have a core of Butler, towns and Leonard. At least Spurs get back an NBA player who Pop could work into his system in a short time. Deal would propel Wolves current at the expense of the future but still have a very young allstar in Towns when that run is over to either rebuild with or jump start a rebuild (what smart teams do!). Knicks only have KP.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/23/2018  8:51 AM
Wouldn't be a great fit here. He has been cleared to play for quite some time, yet has decided that he can't manage the pain of the injury. Media and fans would go crazy over this. Also, his ultra-introverted personality won't give him any forgiveness with the fan base or media either. Add that to the high expectations that he would be unlikely to match, and it's a match made in hell. He needs small market, where they appreciate what he brings and won't give him a hard time over the type of stuff he is going through now.
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
3/23/2018  9:12 AM
I don’t think a comparison to Melo is justified as he’s a one way player. Thibs would love him so great analysis Nalod. If Kanter is off the books, and Lee/Thomas (with Noah eventually)signing one of the top 3 players in the league who wants the rock when it counts would have fans here drooling. Could we then afford to keep OQuinn? I guess Burke plays minutes with Tim and Dotson becomes utility. Mudiay is a failed experiment. Keep Beas. Dolan would probably make the play for Kawhi.
Knixkik
USA
3/23/2018  10:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/23/2018  10:07 AM
Spurs holding players only meetings begging this guy to come back. He is refusing. I want no part of that type of player. Media ate Porzingis alive for an honest assessment saying he was tired. Yet he played through it. Kawhi sitting out despite being cleared. He would be a disaster here. All around fragile player who has been protected in San Antonio up to this point it seems.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/23/2018  10:52 AM
Gudris wrote:

It is fixable, POPe is a great coach but he also is a brainwasher, not everybody can handle his methods easily

really? because this is literally the first time there has been a problem with a player in san antonio. comes off to me that kawhi is a mental midget unlike his predecessors. there is no room for a guy that quits on his teammates in my opinion.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Knixkik
USA
3/23/2018  11:16 AM
nyk4ever wrote:
Gudris wrote:

really? because this is literally the first time there has been a problem with a player in san antonio. comes off to me that kawhi is a mental midget unlike his predecessors. there is no room for a guy that quits on his teammates in my opinion.

I agree. They aren't even shielding it anymore, they have pretty much come out and said that Kawhi refuses to play and it's more mental than physical. This is a first in San Antonio and speaks volumes about the player.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
3/23/2018  11:17 AM
no thanks for kawai. something is wrong with that dude if he wants to leave spurs and join dolan's franchise.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/23/2018  11:29 AM
Even if Kwahi comes back 100 percent, he hasnt shown to be a vocal leader, very introverted. Believe Pops has been successful to this point at working around it. Not so sure a non HOF coach, other than maybe Brad Stevens could get the best out of Leonard. Unless its an offer the Knicks cant refuse, short of trading KP. Pass.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/23/2018  11:36 AM
Knixkik wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
Gudris wrote:

I agree. They aren't even shielding it anymore, they have pretty much come out and said that Kawhi refuses to play and it's more mental than physical. This is a first in San Antonio and speaks volumes about the player.

absolutely... san antonio is a one newpaper too, theres not a more quiet place this guy can goto. imagine him in NY? the media would eat this guy alive in about 2 weeks.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/23/2018  12:53 PM
sign me up. Kawhi is a quiet dude. I doubt we'll ever know why he wants out. The bottomline is when he's on and healthy he is one of the top three players in the league, if not the best. You very rarely get a player of his quality in free agency without some issues. Sign me up. I'd rather deal with him being quiet and passive aggressive than watching years of drafting players in between 7 and 10. I really can't believe that people wouldn't want him here
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/23/2018  1:15 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:sign me up. Kawhi is a quiet dude. I doubt we'll ever know why he wants out. The bottomline is when he's on and healthy he is one of the top three players in the league, if not the best. You very rarely get a player of his quality in free agency without some issues. Sign me up. I'd rather deal with him being quiet and passive aggressive than watching years of drafting players in between 7 and 10. I really can't believe that people wouldn't want him here

Via trade or free agency? What price do you pay?
His talent is not a question. He is tainted at the moment. Lets assume he is healthy and wants to be here.
I can't imagine a situation where he does not get traded. Depth matters. WE dont' have it now, how can we obtain it if we are depleted?
Boston can offer Tatum nearly straight up for him and Spurs would be fine. we offer frank and two picks? If it does not work we lose any way to climb out of it.

Caseloads
3/23/2018  1:23 PM
Knixkik wrote:Spurs holding players only meetings begging this guy to come back. He is refusing. I want no part of that type of player. Media ate Porzingis alive for an honest assessment saying he was tired. Yet he played through it. Kawhi sitting out despite being cleared. He would be a disaster here. All around fragile player who has been protected in San Antonio up to this point it seems.

yup. soft as a sock
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/23/2018  1:24 PM
Nalod wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:sign me up. Kawhi is a quiet dude. I doubt we'll ever know why he wants out. The bottomline is when he's on and healthy he is one of the top three players in the league, if not the best. You very rarely get a player of his quality in free agency without some issues. Sign me up. I'd rather deal with him being quiet and passive aggressive than watching years of drafting players in between 7 and 10. I really can't believe that people wouldn't want him here

Via trade or free agency? What price do you pay?
His talent is not a question. He is tainted at the moment. Lets assume he is healthy and wants to be here.
I can't imagine a situation where he does not get traded. Depth matters. WE dont' have it now, how can we obtain it if we are depleted?
Boston can offer Tatum nearly straight up for him and Spurs would be fine. we offer frank and two picks? If it does not work we lose any way to climb out of it.

well, he can opt out after next season. it's clear he doesn't want to work with the Spurs. so my assumption is he will opt out of his contract after next season and become an UFA. at which point I would offer him whatever he asks for, a key to the city, renaming the East Village to kawhi's place... etc.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Caseloads
3/23/2018  1:24 PM
nyk4ever wrote:
Gudris wrote:

so true

https://nypost.com/2018/03/22/knicks-must-now-make-a-run-at-kawhi-leonard/

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy