Well ok I changed my mind. KEEP JEFF
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/21/2018  3:24 PM
https://dailyknicks.com/2018/03/21/knicks-rumors-david-blatt-candidate-head-coaching-job/

The Princeton Mafia is strong!
This is all old stuff BTW, even we discussed this months ago.
I like Jeff. I won't advocate to keep him. He was a safe pick and a good choice. If our Front office wants their own dude then so be it. Im sure there is a job for Jeff to coach Iowa, Idaho, or Indiana somwhere in college.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
3/21/2018  3:50 PM
Nalod wrote:https://dailyknicks.com/2018/03/21/knicks-rumors-david-blatt-candidate-head-coaching-job/

I like Jeff. I won't advocate to keep him. He was a safe pick and a good choice. If our Front office wants their own dude then so be it. Im sure there is a job for Jeff to coach Iowa, Idaho, or Indiana somwhere in college.

Keep painting those rosey pictures.

Nalod
USA
3/21/2018  4:06 PM
Vmart wrote:
Nalod wrote:https://dailyknicks.com/2018/03/21/knicks-rumors-david-blatt-candidate-head-coaching-job/

Keep painting those rosey pictures.

Here is one that better represents your view:

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
3/21/2018  4:17 PM
Nalod wrote:
ccch wrote:What ever happen, I do not want to see Kurt Rambus back. He is cancer on the team just like Herb Williams was. In their own world they are rooting for the Knicks to fail with the hopes they will be given the rains to be the next head coach. When you watch close you can see it in their emotions and mannerisms. And every once in a while you can detect the freudian slip.

Oh please do tell!!!!
If anything if Kurt has been working with our big men he has done a good job.
He was given credit for getting Nigel Hayes an NBA jump shot.
If there is a big change with the staff I would expect you to get your wish, but the conspiracy theory is oh so good!
Lets see, Kurt was given the interim job and not rehired. He is about the highest paid assistant, so its a good gig.
As for wanting to stab someone in the back, can you provide some proof other then your interpretation that you can read his mind?

I think Jeff chose to keep Kurt. I haven't heard about Kurt getting credit for developing Hayes outside shot. Apparently that is why he got a ten day with the Lakers and his deal with the Raptors. Can Kurt coach shooting? It would be nice for his resume. Triangle, Wolves, Knicks d, struggles to interact with players etc. aren't pluses.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
USA
3/21/2018  4:27 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
ccch wrote:What ever happen, I do not want to see Kurt Rambus back. He is cancer on the team just like Herb Williams was. In their own world they are rooting for the Knicks to fail with the hopes they will be given the rains to be the next head coach. When you watch close you can see it in their emotions and mannerisms. And every once in a while you can detect the freudian slip.

Oh please do tell!!!!
If anything if Kurt has been working with our big men he has done a good job.
He was given credit for getting Nigel Hayes an NBA jump shot.
If there is a big change with the staff I would expect you to get your wish, but the conspiracy theory is oh so good!
Lets see, Kurt was given the interim job and not rehired. He is about the highest paid assistant, so its a good gig.
As for wanting to stab someone in the back, can you provide some proof other then your interpretation that you can read his mind?

I think Jeff chose to keep Kurt. I haven't heard about Kurt getting credit for developing Hayes outside shot. Apparently that is why he got a ten day with the Lakers and his deal with the Raptors. Can Kurt coach shooting? It would be nice for his resume. Triangle, Wolves, Knicks d, struggles to interact with players etc. aren't pluses.

Amazing thing about the human animal, they can adjust their behavior!!!
Even Mark Jax if he wanted to!!
Kurt as awful as he has been was retained by Jeff! While that Wiley Phil Jax, you know, the "Nutty Professor" who could not do anything as knick exec did do something previously which earned him the label of the most decorated coach in the history of the game! He was one of Phils assistant coaches and Phil hired him again to be top deputy dog to Fish. We all want to hate Kurt and this we see a team in harmony with itself and its staff despite the losing. Only Noah has dissented.
Surprised you missed the Nigel Hayes quote Crush as little gets by you!
Look, I really don't care about Jeff or Kurt but the notion that these guys are the reason for our misery is misguided.
No melo to kick around, Dolan is on the road to Shambalah and Perry is fresh faced. I suppose Mills gets a lot of that directed and after him some blame must go towards Rambis???
My take is Rambis is not head coach material but he has his talents. We just have no reason to believe as we can't see it and the knicks sort of suck.
Surprised Howard Eisley don't get more hate based on his history with us!

Ira
Member: #91
3/21/2018  9:58 PM
The person they hire as head coach should be allowed to name his assistants.
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
3/21/2018  10:09 PM
I agree re picking their assistants yet ideally they have a voice in who is being selected in the draft. So far, Perry has played cards well. I view both Hardaway and Baker as mistakes - presumably by Mills. If Thomas and
Lee are shed, imagine how much we’d have in our war chest even before Noah is gone.
knicks1248
Member: #582
3/23/2018  9:22 AM
According to Jack, the players dug Jackson. During a Knicks road trip this month, Jack, when reciting all the coaches he has played for, said of Jackson: “He’s a player’s coach. You know what I mean? Straight up and down, the long and short of it.”

Jack went further, telling The Post: “I thought he just spoke the language of the players. It just seemed if he was able to still play, he still would be playing. That particular coaching staff played these games after almost every practice and got so competitive.… The way he rolled, maybe that comes from being in the environment most of us are from — inner city. He spoke and talked to us like equals. He used a lot of the language we used. It was different. But I thought it helped in a lot of different ways.’’

Before any possibility of Jackson returning for a third Knicks stint (he had two as a player), team president Steve Mills first would have to make a final decision on coach Jeff Hornacek, who is twisting in the wind with 10 games left and only one season remaining on his contract. Knicks general manager Scott Perry joined the Knicks in Miami on Wednesday after finishing up scouting of the NCAA Tournament. Perry wants to be around the team to make final evaluations on not just the coaching staff but his young point-guard trio.

But league sources believe the Knicks will have sincere interest in Jackson if Hornacek is relieved of his job. One industry source predicted ABC/Knicks broadcaster Mike Breen will be looking for two new partners next season — with Jeff Van Gundy ready to take the plunge for the right job.

see also

These Knicks didn't have to be Jarrett Jack's reality

The Post reported after Steve Kerr reneged on his verbal agreement to coach the Knicks nearly four years ago, Mills lobbied then-president Phil Jackson to interview the former St. John’s legend. The Zen Master refused.

Working against Mark Jackson is the fact the Warriors flew into dynasty mode once Kerr took over.

“I think the mindset he brought to the team is something that definitely shouldn’t be overlooked,’’ Jack said in his defense. “On camera, when I hear them still go in the huddle ‘Bring it, 1-2-3,’ I know that’s a slogan Coach Jackson brought to the team. His ideals, principles he learned still exists over there. That’s a salute in itself.’’

After leaving Golden State, Jack, 34, who many believe will become a head coach, played in Cleveland in 2013-14 for Mike Brown, who also could be a Knicks candidate. Brown is now a Warriors assistant and Jack views him as a defensive innovator.

“[Brown] has a way of defending things that are out of the norm,’’ Jack said. “The way he did it ‘oh that’s good. I haven’t seen it that way and I’ve been around this league for a minute.’ To have a whole different scheme to approach something with was impressive. We still struggled with it at the time but the innovative ways he came up with schemes, I felt was pretty cool.”

ALWAYS TELL PEOPLE that Mark J started the winning culture, he instilled toughness in those players I never saw prior to him, they became much more tougher under mark, and it has stayed with them.

He may not see eye to eye with management, but FCK that, I want KP to have Kanter like personality, you want frank to be tough and smart, and much less passive, I think he would make Burke a much better player..and he is already cool with MILLs so im not really worried about that relationship

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/23/2018  9:36 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
According to Jack, the players dug Jackson. During a Knicks road trip this month, Jack, when reciting all the coaches he has played for, said of Jackson: “He’s a player’s coach. You know what I mean? Straight up and down, the long and short of it.”

Jack went further, telling The Post: “I thought he just spoke the language of the players. It just seemed if he was able to still play, he still would be playing. That particular coaching staff played these games after almost every practice and got so competitive.… The way he rolled, maybe that comes from being in the environment most of us are from — inner city. He spoke and talked to us like equals. He used a lot of the language we used. It was different. But I thought it helped in a lot of different ways.’’

Before any possibility of Jackson returning for a third Knicks stint (he had two as a player), team president Steve Mills first would have to make a final decision on coach Jeff Hornacek, who is twisting in the wind with 10 games left and only one season remaining on his contract. Knicks general manager Scott Perry joined the Knicks in Miami on Wednesday after finishing up scouting of the NCAA Tournament. Perry wants to be around the team to make final evaluations on not just the coaching staff but his young point-guard trio.

But league sources believe the Knicks will have sincere interest in Jackson if Hornacek is relieved of his job. One industry source predicted ABC/Knicks broadcaster Mike Breen will be looking for two new partners next season — with Jeff Van Gundy ready to take the plunge for the right job.

see also

The Post reported after Steve Kerr reneged on his verbal agreement to coach the Knicks nearly four years ago, Mills lobbied then-president Phil Jackson to interview the former St. John’s legend. The Zen Master refused.

Working against Mark Jackson is the fact the Warriors flew into dynasty mode once Kerr took over.

“I think the mindset he brought to the team is something that definitely shouldn’t be overlooked,’’ Jack said in his defense. “On camera, when I hear them still go in the huddle ‘Bring it, 1-2-3,’ I know that’s a slogan Coach Jackson brought to the team. His ideals, principles he learned still exists over there. That’s a salute in itself.’’

After leaving Golden State, Jack, 34, who many believe will become a head coach, played in Cleveland in 2013-14 for Mike Brown, who also could be a Knicks candidate. Brown is now a Warriors assistant and Jack views him as a defensive innovator.

“[Brown] has a way of defending things that are out of the norm,’’ Jack said. “The way he did it ‘oh that’s good. I haven’t seen it that way and I’ve been around this league for a minute.’ To have a whole different scheme to approach something with was impressive. We still struggled with it at the time but the innovative ways he came up with schemes, I felt was pretty cool.”

ALWAYS TELL PEOPLE that Mark J started the winning culture, he instilled toughness in those players I never saw prior to him, they became much more tougher under mark, and it has stayed with them.

He may not see eye to eye with management, but FCK that, I want KP to have Kanter like personality, you want frank to be tough and smart, and much less passive, I think he would make Burke a much better player..and he is already cool with MILLs so im not really worried about that relationship

asking a coach to "instill toughness" is about as realistic as asking Martin to make you a better poster. The toughness already has to be there. Do you think Riley and JVG instilled toughness into guys like Ewing, Oak, Mason, Starks, Harper, Spree, etc etc? Pretty sure those guys were tough from about 6th grade on. But yea... we need Mark Jackson. More likely he instills Jesus than toughness
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
3/23/2018  10:34 AM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

see also

asking a coach to "instill toughness" is about as realistic as asking Martin to make you a better poster. The toughness already has to be there. Do you think Riley and JVG instilled toughness into guys like Ewing, Oak, Mason, Starks, Harper, Spree, etc etc? Pretty sure those guys were tough from about 6th grade on. But yea... we need Mark Jackson. More likely he instills Jesus than toughness

Your not in favor of mark Jackson as the NYK head coach, so your comments are bias, If you respect jacks comments, you would go with that instead of trying to discredit mines.

Im not talking thuggary toughness, im talking mental toughness, over coming adversity, he change the mind set of those players, they no longer stood shell shock after a team would go on a run, they learned to pound teams into submission as oppose to letting them back in the game, they no longer back down to anyone..

ES
Nalod
USA
3/23/2018  12:43 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

see also

Your not in favor of mark Jackson as the NYK head coach, so your comments are bias, If you respect jacks comments, you would go with that instead of trying to discredit mines.

Im not talking thuggary toughness, im talking mental toughness, over coming adversity, he change the mind set of those players, they no longer stood shell shock after a team would go on a run, they learned to pound teams into submission as oppose to letting them back in the game, they no longer back down to anyone..

YOur assuming that the roster was static (without changes).
And the players, the new players, and the improvements were all not going to happen unless it was on Jax.
YOu are scraping for all kinds of ways to make a point but the fact is you can never repeat what happend. Ever.
Larry Brown won chips, came here an failed. In a very short time frame. So many variable its not worth discussing.
ALso, Jack was not there the whole time, and it was Lilly white Steve Kerr who took them from a 51 win team to maybe top 5 of alltime.
Im not saying "Gee, if kerr was here that would have been us!", of course not. Jax was the right man at the right time and then it wasn't.
Thats all. Perhaps your saying "gee, lets at least get to 51 wins cuz its better than this?" is that what you mean?

knicks1248
3/23/2018  1:37 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

see also

And the players, the new players, and the improvements were all not going to happen unless it was on Jax.
YOu are scraping for all kinds of ways to make a point but the fact is you can never repeat what happend. Ever.
Larry Brown won chips, came here an failed. In a very short time frame. So many variable its not worth discussing.
ALso, Jack was not there the whole time, and it was Lilly white Steve Kerr who took them from a 51 win team to maybe top 5 of alltime.
Im not saying "Gee, if kerr was here that would have been us!", of course not. Jax was the right man at the right time and then it wasn't.
Thats all. Perhaps your saying "gee, lets at least get to 51 wins cuz its better than this?" is that what you mean?

kerr took long leaves-of-absence and the warriors never miss a beat, any decent coach can win 50+ games with that teams current roster, including JH.

It's like when riley walked away from the knicks. The knicks were not considered to be a tough thugged out team prior to Riley, once he planted the seeds and Left, JVG continue, we saw Don nelson try to change that and was replace real quick, he got fired and the team was 8 games over 500 at the time. That was when losing was not an option and completely unacceptable. Now it's welcome like a brand new pair of shoes.

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/23/2018  3:30 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

see also

kerr took long leaves-of-absence and the warriors never miss a beat, any decent coach can win 50+ games with that teams current roster, including JH.

It's like when riley walked away from the knicks. The knicks were not considered to be a tough thugged out team prior to Riley, once he planted the seeds and Left, JVG continue, we saw Don nelson try to change that and was replace real quick, he got fired and the team was 8 games over 500 at the time. That was when losing was not an option and completely unacceptable. Now it's welcome like a brand new pair of shoes.

The eye test also tells a different story. The GSW offense under Jax was a slog. Lots of iso, lack of ball movement. Not to mention the weird roster moves (can anyone tell me where Festus Ezuli is right now?). It's cool Jack is defending his guy, but didn't we here the same things about Fisher? If Jax wants to come on as an assistant, fine! We can develop him under Craig's new system. I'm not sold on Jax as the answer at coach.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
3/23/2018  5:10 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

see also

what do you think of the Nelson firing?

Mark Jackson Rumored to be in play as Head Coach

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy