[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

TankThread: Happy St Patrick's Day
Author Thread
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

3/18/2018  7:44 AM
I knew it and we play these losers again I was worried when I saw them on the schedule. I'm so pissed we are going win 28 games and get a lousy ass pick. We have no shot of getting out of this picking this late in the lottery. I really see no end to **** basketball in NY
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/18/2018  8:11 AM
Jmpasq wrote:I knew it and we play these losers again I was worried when I saw them on the schedule. I'm so pissed we are going win 28 games and get a lousy ass pick. We have no shot of getting out of this picking this late in the lottery. I really see no end to **** basketball in NY

Mikal Bridges, Miles Bridges and Kevin Knox all are fine picks to choose from so be cool man

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/18/2018  8:26 AM
These games are helping mgmt decide who to keep. If the Knicks win a game or two in the process, so be it.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

3/18/2018  9:31 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Cant complain about Frsnk at SG. Career night.
he does seems more comfortable there
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/18/2018  10:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/18/2018  10:10 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Cant complain about Frsnk at SG. Career night.
he does seems more comfortable there

Looks from afar like Frank got into the habit of being so deferential to be a good teammate, that he lost sight of the fact that not being aggressive enough can at times negate his unselfishness. It becomes 4 on 5 too often.

Ive read some posters say that it will take around 3 years for Frank to become a starting PG. That may be true, possible, but the best way IMO is for Frank to spend a full season or two, of those 3 years at SG (unless a big jump over the summer) so he can learn to be a threat on offense.

Aside from those short pass, turnovers, he's got the sharing the rock thing down. Playing SG for a while should be part of his education.

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
3/18/2018  11:14 AM
It was nice to see the team and coaches get a win for the fans at home. Like I said to myself watching the game, “can’t lose em all”. Hopefully we get back on track vs Bulls and Can at least stay ahead of them.
Mike1989
Member: #8627

3/18/2018  2:02 PM
Jmpasq wrote:I knew it and we play these losers again I was worried when I saw them on the schedule. I'm so pissed we are going win 28 games and get a lousy ass pick. We have no shot of getting out of this picking this late in the lottery. I really see no end to **** basketball in NY

Let's say we finish with the 9th pick in the draft. Currently players that are potentially available are as follows:

- Wendell Carter, he's a PF/C prospect that could fit nicely next to Porzingis. He is a capable three point shooter, can rebound, and block shots. It is unlikely he would ever become a first option on a good team but he could become a second or third option. His pro comparison is Al Horford. If we could get that caliber of player we would be very lucky.

- Mikal Bridges, he's a SG/SF prospect and projects pretty well at the next level. I would say his floor is a 3-and-D wing role, and his ceiling is a bit higher if he develops offensively. Unlikely to become a star but compares well to Otto Porter and Danny Green.

- Miles Bridges, he's a SF/PF prospect. I'm not overly fond of this kid, but his athleticism is a plus point and he's got a good general skill set. Again not likely to become a star at the next but could become a very good supporting player which is useful considering we do have a number #1 option in KP and a possible number #2 option in Tim.

- Kevin Knox, another SF/PF prospect. First thing to note is this kid is a bit raw and will need to be coached up. However, he has a ton of upside if he can make use of his athleticism and size. I would rather see us draft this kid over the Bridges because he has more upside, perhaps a lower floor if he doesn't develop, but it could be worth taking a risk on his ceiling because he's been compared to Tobias Harris and Paul George.

- Collin Sexton, PG prospect. This might not be a fashionable selection because we selected Frank last year, but Sexton does have upside that could make him a decent fit next to Frank. He has elite athleticism and quickness, much like Deaaron Fox, and he's got a decent offensive skill set with an improving shot.

- Trae Young, PG prospect. I doubt he falls to #9, then again I didn't see Justise Winslow falling to Miami the other year. The negatives next to this kid is he's not particularly athletic, has average to below average size, and doesn't play good defense. However, there is no doubting his offensive skills. He is one of the best passers and shooters in this year's draft and would fit next to Frank very nicely indeed, or Tim if we moved Frank to the bench. Worst case scenario I see him becoming a Lou Williams kinda player, and best case scenario I have him as comparable to a poor man's Steph Curry.

Those are the players most likely to be available to us at #9. There's potential all star talent there if they develop, and there's also some "safe" selections with players that could become 3-and-D wings. Okay we are unlikely to be able to draft Doncic or Porter or Ayton unless we win the lottery, but we shouldn't panic if we end up picking 9th and landing one of these prospects because they could become an important piece for us. We might love to land a second star to pair with KP, but if we land a Danny Green caliber player we shouldn't scoff at that because he has been an important piece on some pretty good Spurs teams.

Let's also remember that next season doesn't project to be a play off season unless something unexpected happens. KP will likely miss a portion of next season and we might end up with another top ten, possibly top five pick. This year we should just add the best talent available that we can and worry about how this team goes from where it is to something better.

TankThread: Happy St Patrick's Day

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy