meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:No one tanks like Mudiay a -22 off/def rating, a sweet -13 tonight. Perry and Mills are geniuses. Fool everyone into thinking your rolling the dice on a former 7th pick but the truth is you know he will help you lose games. Perfect to throw off the anti-tanking contention. At least this is what I tell myself because if they think this guy can play, we are frickin doomed.

What if Mills and Perry actually think he can play. That is scary stuff right there. Hey but he is young.

you know what is scary? Making something up and then posting an emotional reaction to your own imagination.

Excuse me what is made up? I gave you a fact obviously Mills and Perry think he could play or he wouldn’t be on the Knicks. Another fact is I think that is scary if they do think he can play.

Fish stop acting like you got all the answers you don’t just like everyone here including me. All we doing is throwing darts at a wall blindfolded. What does it say about Mudiay that Denver developed another PG under his watch.

Only thing Mudiay is good for is the tank. Which is basically the title of the thread.

I dont have to act. Its incredibly easy to see from your comments you have zero idea what Mills and Perry think. But you had no problem with saying how your opinion of what they may think is scary.

Knicks have a scouting report on Mudiay like everyone else does. You have zero facts on what Perry and Mills think about Mudiay. You DO have some facts on what Perry and Mills think of McDermot. Mudiay? You are spouting out your butt and making stuff up. Scary to think indeed!

Knicks are learning about Mudiay the player and Mudiay the man. Doing so cost them McD. The day before this trade went down I said Mudiay was garbage. I applauded the trade. I still stick by both sentiments. McD wasnt getting resigned here. They saw what they wanted to see in McD. McD was 26 and ready for a new contract. The Knicks flipped him for another guy much younger signed for next year. This is called taking a cheap look at a prospect who's dropped. Scary you cant see how incredibly basic this trade was and why. Scary you need to make it into something dramatic. Stop being scared.

There you go again with your usually verbal BS assault. You know what is incredibly sad about you is that your dense. You can’t see that Mudiay shouldn’t even be on this team. This team has Burke and Ntlikina already these guys have him taking developmental time from Ntlikina and Dotson. What’s more important you develop your homegrown players or you give preference to a player that has been given up on because he has performed poorly. For some reason Mills and Perry think they can make it work for him here.

This part of the argument I agree with. Mudiay is garbage and is eating up minutes. Dotson can't get in the floor. I WOULD like to see us give him heavy minutes and hey him make mistakes that watch Mudiay do his thing, which is basically nothing.

Dotson played 35 minutes last night in Westchester. Lots of ways to develop young players. The W's also got XRM back.

Disagree. Dotson getting NBA minutes is more important than continuing with a failed experiment in Mudiay.

Mudiay isn't taking minutes away from Dotson. How many shooting guards do the Knicks need to force feed the point guard position to?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
3/18/2018  2:06 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:No one tanks like Mudiay a -22 off/def rating, a sweet -13 tonight. Perry and Mills are geniuses. Fool everyone into thinking your rolling the dice on a former 7th pick but the truth is you know he will help you lose games. Perfect to throw off the anti-tanking contention. At least this is what I tell myself because if they think this guy can play, we are frickin doomed.

What if Mills and Perry actually think he can play. That is scary stuff right there. Hey but he is young.

you know what is scary? Making something up and then posting an emotional reaction to your own imagination.

Excuse me what is made up? I gave you a fact obviously Mills and Perry think he could play or he wouldn’t be on the Knicks. Another fact is I think that is scary if they do think he can play.

Fish stop acting like you got all the answers you don’t just like everyone here including me. All we doing is throwing darts at a wall blindfolded. What does it say about Mudiay that Denver developed another PG under his watch.

Only thing Mudiay is good for is the tank. Which is basically the title of the thread.

I dont have to act. Its incredibly easy to see from your comments you have zero idea what Mills and Perry think. But you had no problem with saying how your opinion of what they may think is scary.

Knicks have a scouting report on Mudiay like everyone else does. You have zero facts on what Perry and Mills think about Mudiay. You DO have some facts on what Perry and Mills think of McDermot. Mudiay? You are spouting out your butt and making stuff up. Scary to think indeed!

Knicks are learning about Mudiay the player and Mudiay the man. Doing so cost them McD. The day before this trade went down I said Mudiay was garbage. I applauded the trade. I still stick by both sentiments. McD wasnt getting resigned here. They saw what they wanted to see in McD. McD was 26 and ready for a new contract. The Knicks flipped him for another guy much younger signed for next year. This is called taking a cheap look at a prospect who's dropped. Scary you cant see how incredibly basic this trade was and why. Scary you need to make it into something dramatic. Stop being scared.

There you go again with your usually verbal BS assault. You know what is incredibly sad about you is that your dense. You can’t see that Mudiay shouldn’t even be on this team. This team has Burke and Ntlikina already these guys have him taking developmental time from Ntlikina and Dotson. What’s more important you develop your homegrown players or you give preference to a player that has been given up on because he has performed poorly. For some reason Mills and Perry think they can make it work for him here.

This part of the argument I agree with. Mudiay is garbage and is eating up minutes. Dotson can't get in the floor. I WOULD like to see us give him heavy minutes and hey him make mistakes that watch Mudiay do his thing, which is basically nothing.

Dotson played 35 minutes last night in Westchester. Lots of ways to develop young players. The W's also got XRM back.

Disagree. Dotson getting NBA minutes is more important than continuing with a failed experiment in Mudiay.

Mudiay isn't taking minutes away from Dotson. How many shooting guards do the Knicks need to force feed the point guard position to?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

3/18/2018  2:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:

i agree
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

3/18/2018  6:33 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Mudiay is complete garbage and he isn't part of the Knicks plan. There's ZERO reason for him to get any minutes.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/19/2018  9:39 AM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Sorry Dotson is a PG? So first your argument was Mills/Perry think Mudiay is good and that is scary. Now you have switched gears to Mudiay is hurting Dotson's development (not Lee/Timmy the two SHOOTING GUARDS ahead of Dotson in the rotation). Im sorry.. what are you complaining about again?

Its funny. You think I am sad because Im so dense and cant realize Mudiay shouldnt even be here. I think you are sad for actually thinking this matters. Who's more sad?
Should the Knicks have just kept McD? A guy they knew they werent going to sign? I am dense... spel it out for me

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/19/2018  10:53 AM
Color me sad as well.
While its no fun to be in the Tank, I applaud the efforts Perry is making to increase opportunity exposure. Player development is not an activity that yields great results as a statistical result. We have seen lottery picks over the years fail after "experts" have stated opinions to the contrary.
Players do mature. Denver gave up on Mudiay because they have a suitable replacement. In fact, one might say they did well. If a team picks seventh and 14 and the 14th player is better Im thinking they batted .500 and are just happy one stepped up to be starter quality. Who cares where the "Failure" was picked in that instance? Mostly the fans do!
I see this business of the draft like the stock market and at the end of the day rates of return is what matters, now where I bought it.
So if Perry takes a flyer on a 21 year old who needs maturity whats the big deal?
Given this is our position Im enjoy8ing the acquiring of "Opportunity" and seeing if it pans out. If not, we'll move on.
This is a far better scenario then years past not having cap space, roster space, and a glut of guarantee contracts and no substantial picks to improve upon.
If all that matters is "Results" then I suppose managing the time line as ones expectations might need adjustment. Most of us don't expect much from Mudiay, so its really not that bothersome.
Nalod
USA
3/19/2018  4:01 PM
Mudiay has shown more than Dotson, and he is younger.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/19/2018  4:43 PM
Nalod wrote:Mudiay has shown more than Dotson, and he is younger.

Shown more of what? Mudiay has had the opportunities for 3 years, but hasn't proven to be a rotation caliber PG to this point. Dotson hasn't proven anything either, but hasn't seen the opportunities yet to judge on him like we can Mudiay.

fishmike
USA
3/20/2018  9:03 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
Vmart wrote:There you go again with your usually verbal BS assault. You know what is incredibly sad about you is that your dense. You can’t see that Mudiay shouldn’t even be on this team. This team has Burke and Ntlikina already these guys have him taking developmental time from Ntlikina and Dotson. What’s more important you develop your homegrown players or you give preference to a player that has been given up on because he has performed poorly. For some reason Mills and Perry think they can make it work for him here

Dotson is simply not ready. The type of contract he got ( 3 years, first two guaranteed) are typically structured as such for teams/players who know and understand that the first year of the players contract will essentially function as a "redshirt" year. He's a good shooter, but the rest of his game is pretty raw.

You can't GIVE Dotson minutes, he has to EARN THEM and TAKE THEM from other players. Don Nelson historically has hated rookies and younger players. Hated them. Hard on them in a way no one can really understand. Chris Webber could not handle it. He however loved Steph Curry. Curry played in such a way where you could not take him off the floor.

Mudiay is just a warm body with a half of a 1 percent chance of being something more than a journeyman.

Sometimes you just need a warm body. The Yankees cycled through Chris Carter, Ji Man Choi, Tyler Austin and others when Greg Bird went down. Knicks are essentially cap locked and roster locked. They'd give developmental minutes if they could open up the roster to do that. But they can't make functional trades and their asset base is thin.

Mudiay is a slump buster. Yes, everyone would prefer to nail a girl who looks like Ariana Grande. But sometimes you just need a warm body.

I don't think anyone is fooling themselves that Mudiay is anything more than a journeyman at this point. But they can't run FrankN into the ground at this point. Dotson just is not ready. They likely expected more out of Baker but that just did not work out.

I am not a Baker believer but it would have been nice to see him get extended minutes in this situation as well... but he's hurt. So it goes.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/20/2018  9:30 AM
The big question that remains is, what was Larry Brown smoking?
Nalod
USA
3/20/2018  9:35 AM
Panos wrote:The big question that remains is, what was Larry Brown smoking?

He thought the kid needed coaching. Instead of getting a year of Larry, he went to china.
The question is:

Is the kid a finished product or not?

fishmike
USA
3/20/2018  10:02 AM
Nalod wrote:

He thought the kid needed coaching. Instead of getting a year of Larry, he went to china.
The question is:

and he got hurt. Thing is Mudiay would be a monster in the NCAA
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/20/2018  3:23 PM
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:

The question is:

He would absolutely be a monster in college. But the thing is, people would look at him and say he's 22, getting by on his physical ability, but still can't shoot or finish, and therefore is likely to struggle in the league without those skills.

Nalod
USA
3/20/2018  4:26 PM
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:

The question is:

He would absolutely be a monster in college. But the thing is, people would look at him and say he's 22, getting by on his physical ability, but still can't shoot or finish, and therefore is likely to struggle in the league without those skills.

Then he would not be a 7th lotto pick. He is Tyreke Evens. DeMarr Derozen needed a few years to find his stride.
He is lessor shooting JR Smith.
What I don't know is what has Mudiay done to work on his game? Has he put in the work and it not take?
Has he been immature? I don't know. Larry Brown went crazy for the kid. He was part of that Deon Sanders fake ass high school. Not sure if this kid kind of cruzed in on some inflated self? He went to china, got hurt there. Lost development time. LIke I said, not sure I know a whole lot about his regimen.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/21/2018  11:05 AM
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:

The question is:

Then he would not be a 7th lotto pick. He is Tyreke Evens. DeMarr Derozen needed a few years to find his stride.
What I don't know is what has Mudiay done to work on his game? Has he put in the work and it not take?
Has he been immature? I don't know. Larry Brown went crazy for the kid. He was part of that Deon Sanders fake ass high school. Not sure if this kid kind of cruzed in on some inflated self? He went to china, got hurt there. Lost development time. LIke I said, not sure I know a whole lot about his regimen.

I think he probably has coasted on his athletic ability and inflated ego- normal for kids to do that.

I think this summer is it for him and he probably will realize that. I'm hoping we can have a support plan in place. He needs to fix his shot, and there is no reason he can't.

And I'd say if there was 1 thing- it's that. 1b would be finishing around the rim- though we have a long history of PGs that struggle with that(Charlie Ward, Chris Childs!)

franco12
USA
3/26/2018  12:39 PM
franco12 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:

The question is:

I think he probably has coasted on his athletic ability and inflated ego- normal for kids to do that.

I think this summer is it for him and he probably will realize that. I'm hoping we can have a support plan in place. He needs to fix his shot, and there is no reason he can't.

And I'd say if there was 1 thing- it's that. 1b would be finishing around the rim- though we have a long history of PGs that struggle with that(Charlie Ward, Chris Childs!)

bumping this because I thought Mudiay looked great yesterday - maybe a wake up call being on the bench. Still had one bad drive to the hoop - but awesome full court pass and some great drives - ran the offense well.

If he can just develop his shot over the summer, that will be a huge step.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/26/2018  1:52 PM
franco12 wrote:
franco12 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:

The question is:

bumping this because I thought Mudiay looked great yesterday - maybe a wake up call being on the bench. Still had one bad drive to the hoop - but awesome full court pass and some great drives - ran the offense well.

If he can just develop his shot over the summer, that will be a huge step.

I'm not trying to make excuses for him because he's been brutal... that said, it is somewhat atypical to be an after thought on your team, get traded to a new team, then become the starter

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
USA
3/26/2018  2:14 PM
maybe he goes to the Westchester Knick ReEducation cultural revolutionary Team?
Knicks have this secret "Craig Robinson Obama" sauce they might be saving some for him?
Maybe they plan on sending Him and Frank to become a human mashup E-Frankual N'Mudiaykina" and we'll have a MVP candidate!!!
franco12
USA
3/26/2018  6:19 PM
Nalod wrote:maybe he goes to the Westchester Knick ReEducation cultural revolutionary Team?
Knicks have this secret "Craig Robinson Obama" sauce they might be saving some for him?
Maybe they plan on sending Him and Frank to become a human mashup E-Frankual N'Mudiaykina" and we'll have a MVP candidate!!!

Trey Burke is the model for both Frank and Mudiay. Unless you are an uber talent like LeBron, it is going to take a few years to figure things out- especially as a PG running a team's offense.

Mudiay best trade deadline move in years

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy