[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mudiay best trade deadline move in years
Author Thread
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

3/16/2018  12:45 AM
No one tanks like Mudiay a -22 off/def rating, a sweet -13 tonight. Perry and Mills are geniuses. Fool everyone into thinking your rolling the dice on a former 7th pick but the truth is you know he will help you lose games. Perfect to throw off the anti-tanking contention. At least this is what I tell myself because if they think this guy can play, we are frickin doomed.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/16/2018  8:59 AM
Good post. Any Noah updates?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/16/2018  9:18 AM
Burke looks like he is going to be back. Would make a great backup PG. Mudiay isnt going to be on the team past next season, pretty sure of that. Still a question mark as to who will be the starting PG next season. Might be decided in preseason. Dont see anyone as a lock to start opening day unless its a big trade for a quality vet.

We got some extra 2nd rounders from the Willy trade, no big deal if Mudiay doesnt pan out. Shows how bad they want PGs who can get to the rim.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

3/16/2018  9:37 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Burke looks like he is going to be back. Would make a great backup PG. Mudiay isnt going to be on the team past next season, pretty sure of that. Still a question mark as to who will be the starting PG next season. Might be decided in preseason. Dont see anyone as a lock to start opening day unless its a big trade for a quality vet.

We got some extra 2nd rounders from the Willy trade, no big deal if Mudiay doesnt pan out. Shows how bad they want PGs who can get to the rim.

i dont think Burke will be back...he's definitely a defensive liability. Mudiay...I still have hopes. Hornacek's conversation and Frank's commitment has him playing better. Maybe same thing can happen with Mudiay.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/16/2018  9:39 AM
The Mudiay deal was a great gamble. I was hoping we might see some flashes in a new situation given the talent. That being said, wow this guy has been bad. Literally useless on both ends of the floor. At this rate, i don't see him remaining an NBA player after next season. He has to make a serious jump in order to stay in the rotation next year. Hoping Ntilikina makes that jump offensively and we can just roll with he and Burke at PG.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/16/2018  9:52 AM
Next year is no different from this one.
I expect him to be back and evaluation to continue.
Both for research and tanking purposes.
We will not lay down our tanking weapons next year and Mud is one of the strongest tanking machines we have.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
fishmike
USA
3/16/2018  9:54 AM
Burke can really score and handle the ball. His FG% has been fantastic with the Knicks. I think the Knicks also know exactly what they have in Burke. He's a defensive hole. He's done a very good job defending 1-1 play and staying in front of his guy but his diminutive size gets him killed on screens and basic P&R.

I like Burke and what he's done. He could be a backup PG and scorer off the bench for years. His lack of defense limits his upside but he's earned his way into the mix for now.

Knixkik
USA
3/16/2018  10:52 AM
fishmike wrote:Burke can really score and handle the ball. His FG% has been fantastic with the Knicks. I think the Knicks also know exactly what they have in Burke. He's a defensive hole. He's done a very good job defending 1-1 play and staying in front of his guy but his diminutive size gets him killed on screens and basic P&R.

I like Burke and what he's done. He could be a backup PG and scorer off the bench for years. His lack of defense limits his upside but he's earned his way into the mix for now.

He is developing into the ideal change of pace backup PG. If Frank develops, Burke is his ideal backup as he brings an opposite skillset with complimenting strengths and weaknesses.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/16/2018  11:33 AM
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:Burke can really score and handle the ball. His FG% has been fantastic with the Knicks. I think the Knicks also know exactly what they have in Burke. He's a defensive hole. He's done a very good job defending 1-1 play and staying in front of his guy but his diminutive size gets him killed on screens and basic P&R.

He is developing into the ideal change of pace backup PG. If Frank develops, Burke is his ideal backup as he brings an opposite skillset with complimenting strengths and weaknesses.

I like Burke--Id wrap him up to a 4 year 16mm $ contract

RIP Crushalot😞
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
3/16/2018  11:37 AM
Jmpasq wrote:No one tanks like Mudiay a -22 off/def rating, a sweet -13 tonight. Perry and Mills are geniuses. Fool everyone into thinking your rolling the dice on a former 7th pick but the truth is you know he will help you lose games. Perfect to throw off the anti-tanking contention. At least this is what I tell myself because if they think this guy can play, we are frickin doomed.

What if Mills and Perry actually think he can play. That is scary stuff right there. Hey but he is young.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/16/2018  11:48 AM
why is everyone down on the kid? Unlike Frank, he can score. Granted, he needs help and needs to improve. Defense might not be the best, but at 22, he has a lot of ball in front of him.

We don't need him to become some all star- just serviceable so we can fill in with star power elsewhere to go along with KP.

Knixkik
USA
3/16/2018  11:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/16/2018  11:59 AM
franco12 wrote:why is everyone down on the kid? Unlike Frank, he can score. Granted, he needs help and needs to improve. Defense might not be the best, but at 22, he has a lot of ball in front of him.

We don't need him to become some all star- just serviceable so we can fill in with star power elsewhere to go along with KP.

He really can't score though. He's just as inefficient on offense as Frank, only difference is he's more aggressive. Frank played tough D, he's at least a 1-way player right now. Mudiay is a 0-way player. Pretty sure Mudiay is one of the worst in the league on both sides of the ball.

Knixkik
USA
3/16/2018  11:59 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I like Burke--Id wrap him up to a 4 year 16mm $ contract

Yeah i think that's a fair deal, and we will get good value out of.

fishmike
USA
3/16/2018  12:10 PM
Vmart wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:No one tanks like Mudiay a -22 off/def rating, a sweet -13 tonight. Perry and Mills are geniuses. Fool everyone into thinking your rolling the dice on a former 7th pick but the truth is you know he will help you lose games. Perfect to throw off the anti-tanking contention. At least this is what I tell myself because if they think this guy can play, we are frickin doomed.

What if Mills and Perry actually think he can play. That is scary stuff right there. Hey but he is young.

you know what is scary? Making something up and then posting an emotional reaction to your own imagination.
Knixkik
USA
3/16/2018  1:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/16/2018  1:41 PM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:

you know what is scary? Making something up and then posting an emotional reaction to your own imagination.

Perry and Mills are watching the same thing we are. They are seeing him be given a long leash and really struggle on both ends of the floor. They saw him as a no-risk, somewhat high reward gamble, but i'm sure they are looking at it now as something unlikely to work out. Right now he reminds me of when Rose was here, but a less efficient scoring version.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/16/2018  2:10 PM
Knixkik wrote:

Both Mudiay and Burke are signed for one more year. I think it's safe to say both will be here through training camp. We're not going to be competitive next year, so we mind as well see what Mudiay can do after a full off season and training camp.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nyk2017
Member: #7538

3/16/2018  2:13 PM
Has anyone heard about Willy Hernangomez? He should have kept his mouth shut. He would be playing a lot more with the Knicks right now. He is averaging like 5 minutes with Charlotte.
Knixkik
USA
3/16/2018  2:29 PM
nyk2017 wrote:Has anyone heard about Willy Hernangomez? He should have kept his mouth shut. He would be playing a lot more with the Knicks right now. He is averaging like 5 minutes with Charlotte.

Yeah he's had as many DNP's as he has played games. He's averaging like 1 ppg in 5 mpg. He's once again behind a logjam at center with a forgotten franchise, whereas he could be playing minutes here now.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
3/16/2018  3:07 PM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Excuse me what is made up? I gave you a fact obviously Mills and Perry think he could play or he wouldn’t be on the Knicks. Another fact is I think that is scary if they do think he can play.

Fish stop acting like you got all the answers you don’t just like everyone here including me. All we doing is throwing darts at a wall blindfolded. What does it say about Mudiay that Denver developed another PG under his watch.

Only thing Mudiay is good for is the tank. Which is basically the title of the thread.

fishmike
USA
3/16/2018  3:57 PM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Excuse me what is made up? I gave you a fact obviously Mills and Perry think he could play or he wouldn’t be on the Knicks. Another fact is I think that is scary if they do think he can play.

Fish stop acting like you got all the answers you don’t just like everyone here including me. All we doing is throwing darts at a wall blindfolded. What does it say about Mudiay that Denver developed another PG under his watch.

Only thing Mudiay is good for is the tank. Which is basically the title of the thread.

I dont have to act. Its incredibly easy to see from your comments you have zero idea what Mills and Perry think. But you had no problem with saying how your opinion of what they may think is scary.

Knicks have a scouting report on Mudiay like everyone else does. You have zero facts on what Perry and Mills think about Mudiay. You DO have some facts on what Perry and Mills think of McDermot. Mudiay? You are spouting out your butt and making stuff up. Scary to think indeed!

Knicks are learning about Mudiay the player and Mudiay the man. Doing so cost them McD. The day before this trade went down I said Mudiay was garbage. I applauded the trade. I still stick by both sentiments. McD wasnt getting resigned here. They saw what they wanted to see in McD. McD was 26 and ready for a new contract. The Knicks flipped him for another guy much younger signed for next year. This is called taking a cheap look at a prospect who's dropped. Scary you cant see how incredibly basic this trade was and why. Scary you need to make it into something dramatic. Stop being scared.

Mudiay best trade deadline move in years

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy