[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Semi OT: March Madness
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

3/23/2018  9:14 PM
This Carter kid from WVU seems to have a decent feel for the game. And their center is a warrior
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

3/24/2018  10:36 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:As far as our first goes, the guy I'd like to see drafted the most is Colin Sexton (by a wide margin), and then followed by 2a Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and 2b Mikal Bridges. Sexton is the goods. Knox hasn't done anything to make me think he is the best player on the team. I'm thinking he is Marvin Williams 2.0

Guys in the second round that I'm interested in would Kendall Stephens, Jalen Brunson, Keenan Evans, Jacob Evans, Allonzo Trier, and Jevon Carter in no particular order. I would probably be most interest in Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk in the second round, but namely because he was so highly touted when he entered the NCAA. He has a lot of ability but hasn't quite lived up to it. What you'll notice about those names is that they are all essentially guards... which is unfortunate but we need a lot of BPAs

Couldnt agree with you more on Sexton...I saw him play live in HS and he is the real deal...Think Aaron Faox with a better jumper. Probably a little stronger than Fox as well....If we dont land a pg in the first round, if Jalen Brunson is definitely the pg i'm going after in the 2nd round if he's available....Jay wright and his staff do a great job of developing their players and Brunson has improved each year, particulary his jumper. Brunson is not the quickest of foot, but he's a smart player who uses hesitations, is shifty and keeps the defense off balance. He see's the floor very well, can shoot the 3, has a mid range game, can post up smaller weaker guards, and is a true coach on the floor. Honestly, he's a better point guard than anyone on our roster right now....

meloshouldgo

3/25/2018  3:28 PM
Brunson and Carter are both decent gets in the second round. Mikal Bridges is my choice for first round, I don't know where SGA is projected, but he seems to be good value of we can get a late first from somewhere.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/25/2018  3:34 PM
SGA? Sorry, the abbreviation is lost on me, someone please write his name out.
meloshouldgo

3/25/2018  4:00 PM
Nalod wrote:SGA? Sorry, the abbreviation is lost on me, someone please write his name out.

Shai Gilgeous Alexander

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/26/2018  9:36 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:Brunson and Carter are both decent gets in the second round. Mikal Bridges is my choice for first round, I don't know where SGA is projected, but he seems to be good value of we can get a late first from somewhere.

I would be happy with SGA

I would prefer Sexton

Would be fine with Bridges

As long as three teams don't get ahead of the Knicks I think we'll end up with a decent player

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
SupremeCommander

3/26/2018  9:36 AM
Malik Newman, depending on what he does, would be a nice get in the second round. He had a great tourney so far, and he freakin crushed Duke
Nalod
USA
3/26/2018  11:05 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Nalod wrote:SGA? Sorry, the abbreviation is lost on me, someone please write his name out.

Shai Gilgeous Alexander

Thx!

SupremeCommander

3/26/2018  2:08 PM
Uptown wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:As far as our first goes, the guy I'd like to see drafted the most is Colin Sexton (by a wide margin), and then followed by 2a Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and 2b Mikal Bridges. Sexton is the goods. Knox hasn't done anything to make me think he is the best player on the team. I'm thinking he is Marvin Williams 2.0

Guys in the second round that I'm interested in would Kendall Stephens, Jalen Brunson, Keenan Evans, Jacob Evans, Allonzo Trier, and Jevon Carter in no particular order. I would probably be most interest in Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk in the second round, but namely because he was so highly touted when he entered the NCAA. He has a lot of ability but hasn't quite lived up to it. What you'll notice about those names is that they are all essentially guards... which is unfortunate but we need a lot of BPAs

Couldnt agree with you more on Sexton...I saw him play live in HS and he is the real deal...Think Aaron Faox with a better jumper. Probably a little stronger than Fox as well....If we dont land a pg in the first round, if Jalen Brunson is definitely the pg i'm going after in the 2nd round if he's available....Jay wright and his staff do a great job of developing their players and Brunson has improved each year, particulary his jumper. Brunson is not the quickest of foot, but he's a smart player who uses hesitations, is shifty and keeps the defense off balance. He see's the floor very well, can shoot the 3, has a mid range game, can post up smaller weaker guards, and is a true coach on the floor. Honestly, he's a better point guard than anyone on our roster right now....

missed this... I don't think Sexton gets enough cred because all the programs that aren't UK in the SEC are trash. As I've said in other threads, Sexton was the best player the UK/Alabama game in the SEC tournament... kinda stands out when this year's Kentucky team was right up their with Duke in terms of raw talent

meloshouldgo

3/26/2018  6:45 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Brunson and Carter are both decent gets in the second round. Mikal Bridges is my choice for first round, I don't know where SGA is projected, but he seems to be good value of we can get a late first from somewhere.

I would prefer Sexton

As long as three teams don't get ahead of the Knicks I think we'll end up with a decent player

So to be clear you would take Sexton or SGA at the 9th? I don't see their value being that high. I saw a little bit of Sexton and didn't see anything impressive. Bridges a solid two way player that can be both a complimentary piece or a focal point - eventually.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/26/2018  6:59 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

I would prefer Sexton

So to be clear you would take Sexton or SGA at the 9th? I don't see their value being that high. I saw a little bit of Sexton and didn't see anything impressive. Bridges a solid two way player that can be both a complimentary piece or a focal point - eventually.

Haven't seen Mikal much but is there sentiment that he can eventually be a focal point type of guy at the NBA level?

Or he is more of a high-level 2-way potential guy?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/26/2018  7:10 PM
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

I would prefer Sexton

Haven't seen Mikal much but is there sentiment that he can eventually be a focal point type of guy at the NBA level?

Definitely a high level 2-way potential guy. A guy who fits in well with this positionless game that's all the rave these days. I think Otto Porter is probably the best comparison. He also reminds me a bit of Kerry Kittles. Kittles wasn't the most dynamic creator, but he had a good feel for spacing and was a solid shooter. Of course, prime Kittles was a heckuva lot faster and Mykal is bigger and longer.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
SupremeCommander

3/26/2018  11:33 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

I would prefer Sexton

Sexton (assuming Trey Burke comes back to reality)

SupremeCommander

3/26/2018  11:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/26/2018  11:35 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

I would prefer Sexton

Definitely a high level 2-way potential guy. A guy who fits in well with this positionless game that's all the rave these days. I think Otto Porter is probably the best comparison. He also reminds me a bit of Kerry Kittles. Kittles wasn't the most dynamic creator, but he had a good feel for spacing and was a solid shooter. Of course, prime Kittles was a heckuva lot faster and Mykal is bigger and longer.

I agree with that... I see Bridges as a slightly bigger/better Courtney Lee

AboveDaRim1115
Member: #6422

3/27/2018  9:32 AM
I see bridges as Otto Porter now
⏳It will be better once Dolan is gone!!!🚨
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/28/2018  9:34 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
martin wrote:Haven't seen Mikal much but is there sentiment that he can eventually be a focal point type of guy at the NBA level?

He doesn't have elite athleticism (relative to NBA standards, of course) and he can't create his own shot. He does nothing at an elite level but does everything well.

He will profile out as a position less type wing, who can offer 3 and D skill sets. He's actually a very good decision maker on the court but again he is offensively raw. His fundamentals and mechanics are very good. His footwork is very good.

To break out, he'll need some Goran Dragic to his game ( develop an arsenal of moves/counters/chess match mentality) On the plus side, he operates well in traffic and with close contact. That's innate, that's just something you can't really teach someone.

I think he breaks out. To paraphrase Bill Belichick (F**k the Patriots BTW), you have to stop looking at what you hope a guy could do one day, and look at what he can do and has done. What keys me in on him is that his fundamentals are consistent. Good game, bad game, early game, tired, bad shooting stretch, good shooting stretch, getting hammered, refs on his side, refs jobbing him, he's just very level all the time. I think the "killer instinct" thing is overblown with NBA prospects. That's nice to sell shoes but not everyone needs to have the Kobe Bryant mentality to win.

shooting the 3 at .436 isnt elite? Pretty sure it is. Is there a more coveted skill in the league right now than to be able to defend multiple spots and knock down 3's at +40%? I doubt he's there when we pick
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
USA
3/28/2018  11:21 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
martin wrote:Haven't seen Mikal much but is there sentiment that he can eventually be a focal point type of guy at the NBA level?

He doesn't have elite athleticism (relative to NBA standards, of course) and he can't create his own shot. He does nothing at an elite level but does everything well.

He will profile out as a position less type wing, who can offer 3 and D skill sets. He's actually a very good decision maker on the court but again he is offensively raw. His fundamentals and mechanics are very good. His footwork is very good.

To break out, he'll need some Goran Dragic to his game ( develop an arsenal of moves/counters/chess match mentality) On the plus side, he operates well in traffic and with close contact. That's innate, that's just something you can't really teach someone.

I think he breaks out. To paraphrase Bill Belichick (F**k the Patriots BTW), you have to stop looking at what you hope a guy could do one day, and look at what he can do and has done. What keys me in on him is that his fundamentals are consistent. Good game, bad game, early game, tired, bad shooting stretch, good shooting stretch, getting hammered, refs on his side, refs jobbing him, he's just very level all the time. I think the "killer instinct" thing is overblown with NBA prospects. That's nice to sell shoes but not everyone needs to have the Kobe Bryant mentality to win.

Took Goran a few years to be Goran. 9th pick open concept is no player is elite.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/31/2018  8:40 PM
fishmike wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

shooting the 3 at .436 isnt elite? Pretty sure it is. Is there a more coveted skill in the league right now than to be able to defend multiple spots and knock down 3's at +40%? I doubt he's there when we pick

Guys are just taking **** in here like it's all good. Just saying anything. Guys don't even watch games and never seen the guys play and have super opinions. Its ridiculous.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
3/31/2018  10:34 PM
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Guys are just taking **** in here like it's all good. Just saying anything. Guys don't even watch games and never seen the guys play and have super opinions. Its ridiculous.

eny, who are you talking to?

PURE KNICKS LOVE
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/31/2018  10:49 PM
The Paschall kid on Villanova has been awesome. Can't believe he is from Dobbs Ferry and I had no idea who he was until the tournament.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Semi OT: March Madness

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy