arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/16/2018  12:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/16/2018  12:37 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:The Knicks are building some good mojo, I think.
A connection to Obamas.
Only team where team leadership reflects the percentages of players by race.
There are players who are going to be looking at us and going, I want to play with KP, Frank, Timmy and work under a management that understands me.

What?

What's your question?

It past the stupid barrier so Ill refrain.

What if this player will want to play for us but he will violate the percentages of players by race?
This will be a tragedy... But on other hand we can always find some filers to join coaching stuff or management for close to nothing to bring the harmony back.
So BRIGGS your attitude is baseless.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/16/2018  4:16 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
A connection to Obamas.
There are players who are going to be looking at us and going, I want to play with KP, Frank, Timmy and work under a management that understands me.

What?

What's your question?

Trumpettes have a thing about Obama.
They think if they can knock down his image it makes Donald look better.

arkrud
USA
3/16/2018  8:13 AM
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
A connection to Obamas.

What?

What's your question?

Trumpettes have a thing about Obama.
They think if they can knock down his image it makes Donald look better.

Both Barak and Donald are creatures of the past.
We need president who is Rainbow Asian or Latino. Time of black-and-white America is over.
At least it will be someone all new immigrants from last 100+ years can stand behind.
This will be The Process...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

3/16/2018  9:34 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
A connection to Obamas.

What?

What's your question?

you already didn't chump, so spit it.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/16/2018  4:40 PM
Kinda interesting, a few more details from Berman today:

https://nypost.com/2018/03/16/where-the-knicks-most-productive-work-is-getting-done/

Where the Knicks’ most productive work is getting done
By Marc Berman

Under the development strategy devised by first-year executive Craig Robinson, the Knicks have a new motto: “Trust The Practice.’’

As the season continued down the drain Thursday, when the Knicks blew a 13-point second-half lead in a 118-110 defeat to the “Trust The Process’’ 76ers, at least they can still say they are winning the practice.

In the wee hours of last Saturday morning, the Knicks returned from a 10-night trip and were back at practice at noon. The Knicks staged a light walkthrough to prepare for an early 1 p.m. matinee vs. Toronto.

Still, it was unprecedented for them to be away that long and not take a day off. The Knicks staged practices before games all of this week and even held a two-hour marathon Wednesday. They will practice again Friday and probably Sunday.

The no-day-off policy is just a part of the new “innovative, transformative” philosophy Robinson has brought to the Knicks. Practices, especially with the club playing out the string, are as important as games. The loss to the Sixers, coupled with a Bulls victory, improved the Knicks’ lottery seeding from ninth to eighth.

It’s no coincidence coach Jeff Hornacek has talked a lot about how terrific the practices have been during the 1-17 slide. Hornacek’s comments praising practice occasionally have raised eyebrows from media members covering this crash since Kristaps Porzingis’ season-ending ACL tear.

“It’s really hard to develop during the season because you don’t have as much time to have practice,’’ Robinson said during a 30-minute sit-down at the Knicks’ Tarrytown practice facility this week. “The more games you have, the more development you’ll have to see over the summer. With the Westchester Knicks, why you see so much more development is that we have way more practice days, and the ability to teach and to have developmental aspects on a much more regular basis.”

Hornacek said he realized no club is practicing every day, as the Knicks are.

“Playoffs teams are trying to rest bodies and that stuff,’’ he said. “If you’re not in the playoffs, you’re still driving to get better.

It’s all the repetitions, the rotations, giving them the tricks the coaches have learned over the years. You’re not going to catch it the first time you tell them. Hopefully it will pay off some day.’’

One of Robinson’s top priorities after he was hired by Knicks president Steve Mills, his former Princeton teammate, was to better integrate the Westchester Knicks with the big club. Westchester owns the G-League’s best record (30-16).

“It’s vertically integrating,’’ Robinson said. “We look at the New York Knicks’ player development, the Westchester Knicks’ player development, as if it’s 25 players trying to develop. It’s not like two separate organizations.”

If nothing else, the 2017-18 Knicks are winning G-League games and winning practice.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
3/16/2018  6:15 PM
Obama n image? Please. The truth is pouring out and the adoring media is now doing what they do. He sold out our country to Iran and others. Please the truth is pouring out now. Trump has his own stink but Obama the Knicks don’t need
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/16/2018  8:48 PM
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:I’ll believe the process if and when it bares fruit. Until then it’s just talk.

5 starters from the GLeague team are in the NBA. How's the fruit tasting?

Maybe those were 5 players that shouldn’t have been there in the first place. I thought Hayes should have been given a roster spot. Kornet probably makes the team if not for glut at the Center position. Burke I don’t consider him to be a G leaguer. Let’s give credit where credit is due good job. Just maybe the process is in works Phil was pushing the G league development process. I thought Phil team was drafting and adding players well.

I barely watched Westchester this year. But Hayes in the summer league/training camp did not look like an nba player to me at all. I thought he was a good pick up because I remember the run he had in the ncaa tourney three years ago but his play in the sl and training camp made me think he was going to be playing in europe or China. Phil had Miller in place but Houston, not Robinson was running things in the past. Phil also had Hodges and a couple of other coaches before bringing in Miller.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
3/16/2018  9:01 PM
martin wrote:Kinda interesting, a few more details from Berman today:

https://nypost.com/2018/03/16/where-the-knicks-most-productive-work-is-getting-done/

By Marc Berman

Under the development strategy devised by first-year executive Craig Robinson, the Knicks have a new motto: “Trust The Practice.’’

As the season continued down the drain Thursday, when the Knicks blew a 13-point second-half lead in a 118-110 defeat to the “Trust The Process’’ 76ers, at least they can still say they are winning the practice.

In the wee hours of last Saturday morning, the Knicks returned from a 10-night trip and were back at practice at noon. The Knicks staged a light walkthrough to prepare for an early 1 p.m. matinee vs. Toronto.

Still, it was unprecedented for them to be away that long and not take a day off. The Knicks staged practices before games all of this week and even held a two-hour marathon Wednesday. They will practice again Friday and probably Sunday.

The no-day-off policy is just a part of the new “innovative, transformative” philosophy Robinson has brought to the Knicks. Practices, especially with the club playing out the string, are as important as games. The loss to the Sixers, coupled with a Bulls victory, improved the Knicks’ lottery seeding from ninth to eighth.

It’s no coincidence coach Jeff Hornacek has talked a lot about how terrific the practices have been during the 1-17 slide. Hornacek’s comments praising practice occasionally have raised eyebrows from media members covering this crash since Kristaps Porzingis’ season-ending ACL tear.

“It’s really hard to develop during the season because you don’t have as much time to have practice,’’ Robinson said during a 30-minute sit-down at the Knicks’ Tarrytown practice facility this week. “The more games you have, the more development you’ll have to see over the summer. With the Westchester Knicks, why you see so much more development is that we have way more practice days, and the ability to teach and to have developmental aspects on a much more regular basis.”

“Playoffs teams are trying to rest bodies and that stuff,’’ he said. “If you’re not in the playoffs, you’re still driving to get better.

It’s all the repetitions, the rotations, giving them the tricks the coaches have learned over the years. You’re not going to catch it the first time you tell them. Hopefully it will pay off some day.’’

One of Robinson’s top priorities after he was hired by Knicks president Steve Mills, his former Princeton teammate, was to better integrate the Westchester Knicks with the big club. Westchester owns the G-League’s best record (30-16).

“It’s vertically integrating,’’ Robinson said. “We look at the New York Knicks’ player development, the Westchester Knicks’ player development, as if it’s 25 players trying to develop. It’s not like two separate organizations.”

If nothing else, the 2017-18 Knicks are winning G-League games and winning practice.

That is awesome. I know D'Antoni is the flavor of the month, but one of the things that bothered me the most about him as the Knick coach was the lack of practice time he had his guys put in on the court. His teams used to come out of training camp and lose for awhile until they got into shape and gained the chemistry other teams had that put the work in prior to the season.
arkrud
USA
3/16/2018  9:05 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:Kinda interesting, a few more details from Berman today:

By Marc Berman

That is awesome. I know D'Antoni is the flavor of the month, but one of the things that bothered me the most about him as the Knick coach was the lack of practice time he had his guys put in on the court. His teams used to come out of training camp and lose for awhile until they got into shape and gained the chemistry other teams had that put the work in prior to the season.

Yep, D'Antoni was never in good shape... If he will be first in the gym the players will follow.
How players know that they need to come play in NBA in shape if coaching stuff not reminding them constantly in person, over e-mail and text messaging...

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

3/16/2018  11:12 PM
CrushAlot wrote:That is awesome. I know D'Antoni is the flavor of the month, but one of the things that bothered me the most about him as the Knick coach was the lack of practice time he had his guys put in on the court. His teams used to come out of training camp and lose for awhile until they got into shape and gained the chemistry other teams had that put the work in prior to the season.

Sigh....

1) Just because the Knicks have practice every single day does not mean EVERY PLAYER on the roster is practicing every single day. There are a lot of young players who are raw and new players who are fighting to stay on an NBA roster. There's an incentive but also a CIRCUMSTANCE where more practice can be a good thing for the Knicks. A team like the veteran Grizzlies during the Gasol/Randolph/Conley/Tony Allen days might have to calibrate it much differently. In any case, any team, ANY TEAM, with players who are not logging NBA minutes, are going to be putting in extra work and practice. EVERY TEAM.

2) More practice does not change the fact that many players in the world, esp G League guys, simply are not skilled enough and/or talented enough to play in the NBA. If a guy doesn't have the bare minimum NBA athleticism for his position, then it doesn't matter how much practice and how much G League game time he gets.

3) It's the players responsibility to come to training camp in elite physical condition. It's your job. It's the coaches fault some douchebag can't put down the nachos and do some deadlifts?

CrushAlot
USA
3/17/2018  12:19 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:That is awesome. I know D'Antoni is the flavor of the month, but one of the things that bothered me the most about him as the Knick coach was the lack of practice time he had his guys put in on the court. His teams used to come out of training camp and lose for awhile until they got into shape and gained the chemistry other teams had that put the work in prior to the season.

Sigh....

1) Just because the Knicks have practice every single day does not mean EVERY PLAYER on the roster is practicing every single day. There are a lot of young players who are raw and new players who are fighting to stay on an NBA roster. There's an incentive but also a CIRCUMSTANCE where more practice can be a good thing for the Knicks. A team like the veteran Grizzlies during the Gasol/Randolph/Conley/Tony Allen days might have to calibrate it much differently. In any case, any team, ANY TEAM, with players who are not logging NBA minutes, are going to be putting in extra work and practice. EVERY TEAM.

2) More practice does not change the fact that many players in the world, esp G League guys, simply are not skilled enough and/or talented enough to play in the NBA. If a guy doesn't have the bare minimum NBA athleticism for his position, then it doesn't matter how much practice and how much G League game time he gets.

3) It's the players responsibility to come to training camp in elite physical condition. It's your job. It's the coaches fault some douchebag can't put down the nachos and do some deadlifts?

There was a quote that D'Antoni didn't like practice from back when he was in Phoenix. Grant Hill was quoted as saying sometimes we even practice for 40 minutes when he was a Sun. The Knicks did not have advance scouts for two of the three years that Dantoni was the coach. As the coach of the Suns Dantoni's quoted philosophy was that he wasn't going to adjust to other teams, other teams had to adjust to his team. An opposing coach changed his offense two weeks before playing the Knicks and said Dantoni would not have his defense set for the new offense because he didn't scout.

Sigh! The Knicks are 1-17 in their last 18 games. They aren't trying to win. They are trying to see their young players on the floor as much as possible to evaluate for the future.

We have a process.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy