fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/13/2018  12:37 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Gudris wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:There is zero benefit in going after Thomas Briggs. With Porzingis done for the first 40 games why sign anybody, especially over 30. The only guy im interested in is Julius Randle if Kanter goes and he will get more than I'm willing to spend

This means we need Nr1 scoring option until KP comes back, why not IT ?

I would like to win. We pay money for vets--we gave Noah and Lee and combined 30mm--give Thomas 45mm for 3 years. If were in it to win games--atleast when KP comes back we have another vet winner. Hes worth the money--teams he plays for wins.

Win a few useless games or build a team for playoffs? Seems like you want to win a few useless games.

Luckily the Knicks won't even have the chance to offer the likes of IT a contract. But I like your reasoning: Knicks made errors with Noah and Lee, so let's do it again because that's a good thing.

BRIGGS, over the past 2 years, you have proposed 3 year contracts for Seth Curry, IT, Tony Allen, Beasley and others. Your cap management and team building is just atrocious, worse than Phil and Dolan combined man.

max contract for IT, max contract for Kantor and close to max contract for Allan Crabbe are also Brigg's favs

Included in that 7-2 were wins vs. Atl/Sac/Orl/Dal

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/13/2018  1:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/13/2018  1:11 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Gudris wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:There is zero benefit in going after Thomas Briggs. With Porzingis done for the first 40 games why sign anybody, especially over 30. The only guy im interested in is Julius Randle if Kanter goes and he will get more than I'm willing to spend

I would like to win. We pay money for vets--we gave Noah and Lee and combined 30mm--give Thomas 45mm for 3 years. If were in it to win games--atleast when KP comes back we have another vet winner. Hes worth the money--teams he plays for wins.

Win a few useless games or build a team for playoffs? Seems like you want to win a few useless games.

Luckily the Knicks won't even have the chance to offer the likes of IT a contract. But I like your reasoning: Knicks made errors with Noah and Lee, so let's do it again because that's a good thing.

BRIGGS, over the past 2 years, you have proposed 3 year contracts for Seth Curry, IT, Tony Allen, Beasley and others. Your cap management and team building is just atrocious, worse than Phil and Dolan combined man.

Its a winner. Those were all smaller mid to lower level contracts. Im not trying to bet the farm on any of those players. 3 years and 15mm per seems right for a winmer like IT--also havent seen your picks? Why wouldnt you want a winner like IT?

RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
3/13/2018  1:35 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Gudris wrote:

Its a winner. Those were all smaller mid to lower level contracts. Im not trying to bet the farm on any of those players. 3 years and 15mm per seems right for a winmer like IT--also havent seen your picks? Why wouldnt you want a winner like IT?

because he's not the player you make him out to be. He didnt put Boston on his back. He hits big shots late. He's good at scoring. He's one of the worst defenders in the league at the most important spot. Boston is better without him and eventually most playoff games come down to the other team doing right at IT. Thank god this FO wont touch him
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/13/2018  2:17 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Gudris wrote:

Burke has put up monster games of his own off the bench. No bad hip to worry about. Better defender, will have a more agreeable contract. One year with the team already.

We need a strong, defensive, starting backcourt. The less work our frontcourt has to do to stop players, the better. Bad defensive PG, means more work for the bigs.

BRIGGS
3/13/2018  2:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/13/2018  2:21 PM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Gudris wrote:

because he's not the player you make him out to be. He didnt put Boston on his back. He hits big shots late. He's good at scoring. He's one of the worst defenders in the league at the most important spot. Boston is better without him and eventually most playoff games come down to the other team doing right at IT. Thank god this FO wont touch him

This is so bunk. Yu didn’t watch Boston if yu don’t think he put that team on his back. He’d be a perfect going 4 ward piece as he can play both starting ph and 6 th man. He’s doing for the Lakers what he did for Boston— he’s WINNING. That’s the idea of sports

At the end of the day we need players who can help win games. If you are Perry Mills do u trust muday Burke or it? And plz no one compare Burke to it— he doesn’t carry his jock

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/13/2018  2:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/13/2018  5:26 PM
IT did what he did. That was then, going forward will be the NOW.
Sorry, 30 year old little dudes don't age well.

Briggs, like the rest of us are full of good ideas but we are not accountable to the reality of roster and finance.
So we can keep adding hypotheticals.

"We need another star"
"we need a coach who can...."
"We need more FT's"
"We need more tough players"
"We need more athletic players"
"We need fundamentally sound players".

Open concepts are accurate. But none of us are accountable!

Nalod
USA
3/13/2018  5:56 PM
IT has had a remarkable rise and way outplayed his contract.
That does not mean its sustainable.
Knicks historically have done a bad job thinking "Past performance is sustainable".
While THjr is not a 75mm player, we had to over pay so ATL would not match and if his trajectory was seen as still on the rise then you take the chance he continues to improve at age
Mugsy, Tiny, Spudd and Nate are on a long list of little dudes that when injured the size differential really impacted their game.
Calvin Murphy did defy much with a 13 year Hall of Fame career.

small dude list:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_shortest_players_in_National_Basketball_Association_history

BRIGGS
3/14/2018  8:14 AM
Make that 8-2. You attach a player like Thomas to good young players(like boston) and its a different team. All of a sudden guys have upped their game as more space is provided.

Of course the mentality of many Knick fans--give me Noah and Lee over IT?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? It perfect 30 minute material player for a team like this--we need a leader.

RIP Crushalot😞
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/14/2018  8:46 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Make that 8-2. You attach a player like Thomas to good young players(like boston) and its a different team. All of a sudden guys have upped their game as more space is provided.

Of course the mentality of many Knick fans--give me Noah and Lee over IT?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? It perfect 30 minute material player for a team like this--we need a leader.

If we didn't have Noah and Lee, IT might be a pretty good gamble.

But we do, and we can't risk adding a long term, big money deal to someone the wrong age of 30 with injury history.

Is that hard to understand?

And Trey Burke can be our own, cheaper version. Younger, healthier.

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/14/2018  8:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/14/2018  8:48 AM
BRIGGS wrote:and he is avg 17.5 points and 6 assists. Before I Thomas came to th Lakers they were not very good.

Also no doubt Randle is a max salary player

Randle is absolutely NOT a max contract player. You tend to fall into this trap with guys who are hot. You recently said the same thing about Kanter when he was seeing the minutes to put up huge numbers. Randle is a good player who will earn a good contract, but guys like he and IT are not max players.

fishmike
USA
3/14/2018  9:38 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Make that 8-2. You attach a player like Thomas to good young players(like boston) and its a different team. All of a sudden guys have upped their game as more space is provided.

good post. Not really for what you said, but for not making a new thread today. That is impressive
BRIGGS
3/14/2018  5:16 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:and he is avg 17.5 points and 6 assists. Before I Thomas came to th Lakers they were not very good.

Randle is absolutely NOT a max contract player. You tend to fall into this trap with guys who are hot. You recently said the same thing about Kanter when he was seeing the minutes to put up huge numbers. Randle is a good player who will earn a good contract, but guys like he and IT are not max players.

Randle is max player It is worth 14-15mm per.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
USA
3/14/2018  6:45 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Not sure what you mean. Is it max? Or 14-15? Can't be both. I like Randle, but LAL was thinking about dumping him. You are a prisoner of the moment with some of these guys. You wanted to pay Beasley 10+ mil a year when he was looking good coming off the bench for KP. Many of us told you he looked great because of his specific role, and would get exposed if his role was increased. He's a good player for 5 mil a year or so, a solid 8th-9th man. Randle is much better, but he's a 6th man type that can put up big numbers but doesn't really have a position defensively. Similar to IT. Randle might thrive next to a guy like KP who can cover his flaws up front, but Randle getting a big contract and an increased role may not go well.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/14/2018  7:43 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Not sure what you mean. Is it max? Or 14-15? Can't be both. I like Randle, but LAL was thinking about dumping him. You are a prisoner of the moment with some of these guys. You wanted to pay Beasley 10+ mil a year when he was looking good coming off the bench for KP. Many of us told you he looked great because of his specific role, and would get exposed if his role was increased. He's a good player for 5 mil a year or so, a solid 8th-9th man. Randle is much better, but he's a 6th man type that can put up big numbers but doesn't really have a position defensively. Similar to IT. Randle might thrive next to a guy like KP who can cover his flaws up front, but Randle getting a big contract and an increased role may not go well.

IT is short for Isiah Thomas. He is saying Isiah (IT) is worth 14-15mil

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knixkik
USA
3/14/2018  9:53 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

IT is short for Isiah Thomas. He is saying Isiah (IT) is worth 14-15mil

I misread, thanks for clarifying. No way randle gets max.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/16/2018  6:23 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Its a winner. Those were all smaller mid to lower level contracts. Im not trying to bet the farm on any of those players. 3 years and 15mm per seems right for a winmer like IT--also havent seen your picks? Why wouldnt you want a winner like IT?

To be fair to IT2, he's coming back from injury. To be fair to all teams, including the Knicks, his type of injury is pretty damaging for most NBA careers.

Watching him with the Lakers, he's lost half a step and I think that would still be true without injury.

2 for 24 total (12 AAV) , including the max allotted 15 percent of likely to be earned incentives
On the books it would be a 10.2 AAV.
2nd year a player option

He could get more than that in the open market, but that's the extent that I think the Knicks should go with him. Previously I said 3 years with a team option for the 3rd year but it still a bit unclear on his health situation.

Given that, he'd sign elsewhere.

He likes attention. Contract size to someone like him is about validation on a personal level. I think he signs with the Warriors for the vets minimum and reenters the market as an NBA champion. Or he goes to only large markets (Clippers, 76ers, etc)

Dark horse team would be Toronto. The thought of being a star to take that large of a fanbase would appease his ego.

His success in Boston was also situational. He's talented. He's relentless. He's actually got very good situational awareness/court vision. But at the time, he was the only player who could create his own shot. He's ball dominant but not a Nike Signature Athlete like Irving so he was going to fit poorly with LBJ. Irving and LBJ could take turns going into iso, for IT2, he needed to be a catch and shoot wing to fit with LBJ.

IT2 would be a good signing/risk with actual market calibration.

But what it would take to sign him even in a cap locked environment will still be more than appropriate market calibration for the Knicks.

2/24 would be workable. Just not likely.

Of course at that value he is worth signing. We are stuck with Noah for 2 years so we aren't competing anyway. Im not sure why we didnt draw the line with Hardaway at 3 years too. We could of set ourselves up with room for 2 max FA's and with 4 lottery picks on cost controlled deals. You have 1 star in Porzingis, if you nail one of these next 2 picks the Knicks would be a prime FA spot flush with 60 million in cap space. You seem t have a better grip on value and trends than our own front office
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/16/2018  11:03 AM
sorry briggs, your terrible idea looks even worse now...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2018/03/15/resilient-lakers-isaiah-thomas-not-no-sixth-man/427514002/

LOS ANGELES – Isaiah Thomas was a happy man on Monday.

His Lakers were just hours removed from downing the Cleveland Cavaliers in a game he swears didn’t qualify as revenge. The win was even sweeter because Thomas’ family was in town, as his wife, Kayla, and their two sons, Jaiden and James, made their weekly trip from Seattle to join the joyous Staples Center crowd that reveled in all of LeBron James’ frustration.

But amid these brutal past 10 months – from Boston Celtics MVP candidate to grieving brother to Cavs fall guy to Lakers sixth man, with the hip injury, a seven-month recovery, the two jarring trades – the root of Thomas’ joy had nothing to do with hoops.

This was a victory lap of a very different kind, proud papa style.

Thomas, whose 22-year-old sister Chyna died in a single-car accident at the start of Boston's postseason run last April, was eager to head North from the UCLA Health Training Center where the Lakers practice had just ended. On the corner of South La Cienega and Pico Blvd, some 10 miles away, his boys and their famous friends stand taller than all the rest.

That’s the location of a recent Sean John billboard with Jaiden and James featured alongside the sons of Houston Rocket Chris Paul and Oklahoma City's Carmelo Anthony.

“That (photoshoot) was a couple months ago, and it's a nationwide thing, so they have billboards up in Times Square, Houston, OKC, LA,” said Thomas. “I just drove by there, and it was a dope moment to see my boys on a billboard.”

One of these days – doubters be darned – Thomas plans to be a headliner again, too.

“I'm not no sixth man,” he declared in an interview with USA TODAY Sports this week. “And I won't be a sixth man (in the future). I just want everybody to know that, like clear as can be. I'm a two-time All-Star and a starter who has done things that a lot of people in this league haven't done (when) given that opportunity.

“But I got traded into a situation I can't control. There's nothing bad against (Lakers coach) Luke Walton. There's nothing bad against the Los Angeles Lakers. I'm taking advantage of the opportunity they've given me, and then (we’ll) end the season off strong."

Thomas has done that of late, averaging 18.4 points and 5.8 assists since Feb. 23 while helping the Lakers win eight of their past 11 games. He made his first start on Wednesday, but only because rookie forward Kyle Kuzma was injured.

“I'm here to help,” Thomas said. “I'm here to continue to get better, and I'm still – (expletive), I can reach levels that I know I haven't reached yet, and I'm here to help along the way in whatever they need me to do, and I'm going to be a professional."

When Thomas sat down in a Dallas steakhouse with Lakers coach Luke Walton and associate head coach Brian Shaw on Feb. 9, it was the unofficial beginning of one of the NBA’s most complicated partnerships. The context of Thomas’ arrival made matters even more awkward: By sending Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance Jr. to Cleveland in exchange for Thomas, Channing Frye and a 2018 first-round pick, the Lakers had finally created the two maximum-salary slots that they hope go to James and Oklahoma City's Paul George. Yet in this candid conversation between the new co-workers, the future didn’t matter nearly as much as the present.

Los Angeles Lakers head coach Luke Walton yells to
Los Angeles Lakers head coach Luke Walton yells to guard Isaiah Thomas (3) in the first quarter against the Denver Nuggets at the Pepsi Center. (Photo: Isaiah J. Downing-USA TODAY Sports)

It didn’t help that Thomas and Walton had never met.

The 5-foot-9 Thomas was a fallen star, the free-agent-to-be who had yet to recover the speed and strength that once made him the best pound-for-pound player around.

Walton’s rebuilding Lakers, meanwhile, had a sensitive situation of their own. Twelve wins in 16 tries heading into Dallas meant this was no time to change the starting lineup – especially when the point guard was prized rookie Lonzo Ball.

Thomas, who recoiled at a sixth man role when he was with Phoenix and whose agent, Aaron Goodwin, had made his client’s desires to start quite clear in the hours after the trade from Cleveland, would be coming off the bench again.

“Could he start?” Walton said of Thomas. “One hundred percent. Does he deserve to start? Yeah, with what he's done in his career. Absolutely. (But) we're in a unique situation here. We have a young team. ... I kind of just challenged (Thomas), that even though he fully wants to start, I said, 'Look, you've been out a long time, (and) to me there's only, however much, two months left in the season at the time - find the joy. Go find the (joy).

“What you love doing is playing basketball, and whether or not I'm starting you or not, that decision (is) out of your hands."

The three men sat there for more than two hours. Shaw, who once famously kept Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant from having a parking lot brawl before Lakers practice back in 2003, played the role of peacemaker but in far less dramatic fashion. Walton, who believes honesty and directness with players ensures a genuine connection, made sure Thomas was heard.

Then a funny thing happened on the way to the final course: They respectfully disagreed, and decided to make the best of an imperfect situation.

“I told Luke when we sat down and talked (that), 'Yeah, obviously I want to be a starter, (and) obviously I feel like I deserve and earned the right to be a starter on any team in the NBA,” Thomas said. “But I'm not going to cause problems just because you say, 'Well right now I'm not starting.' It is what it is. I can't control it."

“(Thomas) never acted (like he wanted a buyout) – the guy has been amazing,” Walton said. “Like every day in practice, he's in here, he's (got a) smile on his face, (he’s) talking to teammates, so most of the credit goes to him and the type of person he is, honestly. ... He's been a tremendous help for our guys, a complete professional, talks in the film room, talks on the court in practice, talks on the court during the game, and not just to try to look good, like he's really telling people what they need to hear.”

The playoff goal appears to be out of reach. The Lakers are seven games back of eighth-place Utah in the loss column with 14 to go. But little by little, win by win, Thomas and the Lakers are earning the kind of respect that has been in short supply these past few torturous seasons.

The irony, of course, is that the players doing the most damage – Julius Randle, Brook Lopez, Thomas, and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope – have no contracts beyond this season and no reason to believe they’re part of the Lakers’ future. But theirs is a shared mission, a chance to play the game with a free spirit as free agency nears.

And Thomas, who has learned time and again that he can only control so much, will keep searching for the hoops happiness that has been so tough to come by of late.

“At the end of the day, when free agency comes, I'm going to go where I'm wanted, and wanted the most, and wanted to be Isaiah Thomas,” he said. “And I've got to make the best decision for me and my family, and that's all that I'm going to be worried about when that time comes."

“I'm feeling good, man. Every day, every game, I'm getting better and better. I'm moving better. My body's feeling better. It's just - it's going to take time to get back to that level, but also - which I tell people – my opportunity is not the same as it was when I was in Boston. Even when I was in Cleveland, it wasn't the same as it was in Boston, so you can't expect me to go out and average 30 points when I'm not given that same opportunity. If that opportunity comes back, and when it does - because I know it will - I promise you: I'll be more than ready to take advantage of that opportunity, and be back on top.”

Follow USA TODAY Sports' Sam Amick on Twitter.

and not only that, he's a diva too.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
BRIGGS
3/16/2018  11:26 AM
nyk4ever wrote:sorry briggs, your terrible idea looks even worse now...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2018/03/15/resilient-lakers-isaiah-thomas-not-no-sixth-man/427514002/

His Lakers were just hours removed from downing the Cleveland Cavaliers in a game he swears didn’t qualify as revenge. The win was even sweeter because Thomas’ family was in town, as his wife, Kayla, and their two sons, Jaiden and James, made their weekly trip from Seattle to join the joyous Staples Center crowd that reveled in all of LeBron James’ frustration.

But amid these brutal past 10 months – from Boston Celtics MVP candidate to grieving brother to Cavs fall guy to Lakers sixth man, with the hip injury, a seven-month recovery, the two jarring trades – the root of Thomas’ joy had nothing to do with hoops.

Thomas, whose 22-year-old sister Chyna died in a single-car accident at the start of Boston's postseason run last April, was eager to head North from the UCLA Health Training Center where the Lakers practice had just ended. On the corner of South La Cienega and Pico Blvd, some 10 miles away, his boys and their famous friends stand taller than all the rest.

That’s the location of a recent Sean John billboard with Jaiden and James featured alongside the sons of Houston Rocket Chris Paul and Oklahoma City's Carmelo Anthony.

“That (photoshoot) was a couple months ago, and it's a nationwide thing, so they have billboards up in Times Square, Houston, OKC, LA,” said Thomas. “I just drove by there, and it was a dope moment to see my boys on a billboard.”

One of these days – doubters be darned – Thomas plans to be a headliner again, too.

“I'm not no sixth man,” he declared in an interview with USA TODAY Sports this week. “And I won't be a sixth man (in the future). I just want everybody to know that, like clear as can be. I'm a two-time All-Star and a starter who has done things that a lot of people in this league haven't done (when) given that opportunity.

“But I got traded into a situation I can't control. There's nothing bad against (Lakers coach) Luke Walton. There's nothing bad against the Los Angeles Lakers. I'm taking advantage of the opportunity they've given me, and then (we’ll) end the season off strong."

Thomas has done that of late, averaging 18.4 points and 5.8 assists since Feb. 23 while helping the Lakers win eight of their past 11 games. He made his first start on Wednesday, but only because rookie forward Kyle Kuzma was injured.

“I'm here to help,” Thomas said. “I'm here to continue to get better, and I'm still – (expletive), I can reach levels that I know I haven't reached yet, and I'm here to help along the way in whatever they need me to do, and I'm going to be a professional."

When Thomas sat down in a Dallas steakhouse with Lakers coach Luke Walton and associate head coach Brian Shaw on Feb. 9, it was the unofficial beginning of one of the NBA’s most complicated partnerships. The context of Thomas’ arrival made matters even more awkward: By sending Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance Jr. to Cleveland in exchange for Thomas, Channing Frye and a 2018 first-round pick, the Lakers had finally created the two maximum-salary slots that they hope go to James and Oklahoma City's Paul George. Yet in this candid conversation between the new co-workers, the future didn’t matter nearly as much as the present.

Los Angeles Lakers head coach Luke Walton yells to guard Isaiah Thomas (3) in the first quarter against the Denver Nuggets at the Pepsi Center. (Photo: Isaiah J. Downing-USA TODAY Sports)

The 5-foot-9 Thomas was a fallen star, the free-agent-to-be who had yet to recover the speed and strength that once made him the best pound-for-pound player around.

Walton’s rebuilding Lakers, meanwhile, had a sensitive situation of their own. Twelve wins in 16 tries heading into Dallas meant this was no time to change the starting lineup – especially when the point guard was prized rookie Lonzo Ball.

Thomas, who recoiled at a sixth man role when he was with Phoenix and whose agent, Aaron Goodwin, had made his client’s desires to start quite clear in the hours after the trade from Cleveland, would be coming off the bench again.

“Could he start?” Walton said of Thomas. “One hundred percent. Does he deserve to start? Yeah, with what he's done in his career. Absolutely. (But) we're in a unique situation here. We have a young team. ... I kind of just challenged (Thomas), that even though he fully wants to start, I said, 'Look, you've been out a long time, (and) to me there's only, however much, two months left in the season at the time - find the joy. Go find the (joy).

“What you love doing is playing basketball, and whether or not I'm starting you or not, that decision (is) out of your hands."

The three men sat there for more than two hours. Shaw, who once famously kept Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant from having a parking lot brawl before Lakers practice back in 2003, played the role of peacemaker but in far less dramatic fashion. Walton, who believes honesty and directness with players ensures a genuine connection, made sure Thomas was heard.

Then a funny thing happened on the way to the final course: They respectfully disagreed, and decided to make the best of an imperfect situation.

“I told Luke when we sat down and talked (that), 'Yeah, obviously I want to be a starter, (and) obviously I feel like I deserve and earned the right to be a starter on any team in the NBA,” Thomas said. “But I'm not going to cause problems just because you say, 'Well right now I'm not starting.' It is what it is. I can't control it."

“(Thomas) never acted (like he wanted a buyout) – the guy has been amazing,” Walton said. “Like every day in practice, he's in here, he's (got a) smile on his face, (he’s) talking to teammates, so most of the credit goes to him and the type of person he is, honestly. ... He's been a tremendous help for our guys, a complete professional, talks in the film room, talks on the court in practice, talks on the court during the game, and not just to try to look good, like he's really telling people what they need to hear.”

The playoff goal appears to be out of reach. The Lakers are seven games back of eighth-place Utah in the loss column with 14 to go. But little by little, win by win, Thomas and the Lakers are earning the kind of respect that has been in short supply these past few torturous seasons.

The irony, of course, is that the players doing the most damage – Julius Randle, Brook Lopez, Thomas, and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope – have no contracts beyond this season and no reason to believe they’re part of the Lakers’ future. But theirs is a shared mission, a chance to play the game with a free spirit as free agency nears.

And Thomas, who has learned time and again that he can only control so much, will keep searching for the hoops happiness that has been so tough to come by of late.

“At the end of the day, when free agency comes, I'm going to go where I'm wanted, and wanted the most, and wanted to be Isaiah Thomas,” he said. “And I've got to make the best decision for me and my family, and that's all that I'm going to be worried about when that time comes."

“I'm feeling good, man. Every day, every game, I'm getting better and better. I'm moving better. My body's feeling better. It's just - it's going to take time to get back to that level, but also - which I tell people – my opportunity is not the same as it was when I was in Boston. Even when I was in Cleveland, it wasn't the same as it was in Boston, so you can't expect me to go out and average 30 points when I'm not given that same opportunity. If that opportunity comes back, and when it does - because I know it will - I promise you: I'll be more than ready to take advantage of that opportunity, and be back on top.”

95% of the NBA are divas

We have no PG and you think we lose last night with IT? If anything Id promise him the starter spot and offer him less. Give him 1 year 12mm with a guarantee he starts.

RIP Crushalot😞
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/16/2018  11:30 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:sorry briggs, your terrible idea looks even worse now...

95% of the NBA are divas

We have no PG and you think we lose last night with IT? If anything Id promise him the starter spot and offer him less. Give him 1 year 12mm with a guarantee he starts.

so we went from offering him 3yr/45mm to 1yr/12mm. next he'll be playing for free? if we can get him for free, ill gladly take him.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Nalod
USA
3/16/2018  11:54 AM
He is filling in the void of LaVarr.
Lakers got more soap opera crap than us for a change.
Since I Thomas was moved to 6th man Lakers are 7-2

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy