[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Since I Thomas was moved to 6th man Lakers are 7-2
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/11/2018  11:30 PM
and he is avg 17.5 points and 6 assists. Before I Thomas came to th Lakers they were not very good.

Also no doubt Randle is a max salary player

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/12/2018  12:36 AM
I take it you watched the Lakers/Cavs game tonight.

The Lakers look really good. I don't think I would dump what they have for Lebron and Paul George. Lebron can't quite carry a team like he used to.

IT looked pretty good. As a 6th man, he has a great role. He might be the top FA available this summer.

And if I could add him cheap, I would, happily gamble.

BRIGGS
3/12/2018  2:37 AM
franco12 wrote:I take it you watched the Lakers/Cavs game tonight.

The Lakers look really good. I don't think I would dump what they have for Lebron and Paul George. Lebron can't quite carry a team like he used to.

IT looked pretty good. As a 6th man, he has a great role. He might be the top FA available this summer.

And if I could add him cheap, I would, happily gamble.

Cavs put him in wrong position(starting PG) and force fed the time while he was in training camp. The guy is a winner--he helps wins games

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/12/2018  7:20 AM
6th man is his correct role. Obviously he's not a max free agent. He should get Lou Williams money and he can help the right team.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/12/2018  9:49 AM
BRIGGS wrote:and he is avg 17.5 points and 6 assists. Before I Thomas came to th Lakers they were not very good.

He's being used as a 6th man and making 6mil per at the moment.

That's a big difference vs franchise player making 30 mil per.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knixkik
USA
3/12/2018  10:08 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:and he is avg 17.5 points and 6 assists. Before I Thomas came to th Lakers they were not very good.

That's probably about what he is worth. 6-7 mil per year. Lou Williams is getting 7 mil a year in his new contract as comparison.
newyorknewyork
3/12/2018  10:10 AM
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

That's probably about what he is worth. 6-7 mil per year. Lou Williams is getting 7 mil a year in his new contract as comparison.

Nah he is worth more than that. He has lead teams to winning records which Lou hasn't accomplished. He just is a huge risk to invest 30 mil in if your trying to win a chip.

Knixkik
USA
3/12/2018  11:20 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Nah he is worth more than that. He has lead teams to winning records which Lou hasn't accomplished. He just is a huge risk to invest 30 mil in if your trying to win a chip.

He is worth more than that from a basketball perspective, yes. The problem is, age, injury, and attitude limits his value. and obviously he is known as one of the worst defensive players in the league at this point.

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
3/12/2018  11:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/12/2018  11:32 AM
He will get st least 15 next year. He isn't a max player but he's a pretty unique talent. It would probably take 20 to get him here and unless it was for 2 years or less, I would pass, given his injury and defense.
Knixkik
USA
3/12/2018  12:17 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:He will get st least 15 next year. He isn't a max player but he's a pretty unique talent. It would probably take 20 to get him here and unless it was for 2 years or less, I would pass, given his injury and defense.

What team with cap space will pay him 15 or more? Maybe LA resigns him if they miss out on others and get desperate, but i'm not sure if i see a good market for him out there. Lou Williams just sort of set the market for the elite scoring 6th man, and he's having a much better year than IT. The market is going to be bad for free agents, other than the max guys.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/12/2018  4:13 PM
Lakers have the luxury of bringing Thomas off the bench because they have Lonzo. I like Thomas, plays his heart out. Id rather focus on the Knicks either drafting or getting a starting PG. Dont believe Thomas is that guy. Would rather bring back Burke, and find a better two way PG to start.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/12/2018  8:37 PM
There is zero benefit in going after Thomas Briggs. With Porzingis done for the first 40 games why sign anybody, especially over 30. The only guy im interested in is Julius Randle if Kanter goes and he will get more than I'm willing to spend
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Gudris
Member: #6213

3/13/2018  7:15 AM
Jmpasq wrote:There is zero benefit in going after Thomas Briggs. With Porzingis done for the first 40 games why sign anybody, especially over 30. The only guy im interested in is Julius Randle if Kanter goes and he will get more than I'm willing to spend

This means we need Nr1 scoring option until KP comes back, why not IT ?
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/13/2018  7:36 AM
Gudris wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:There is zero benefit in going after Thomas Briggs. With Porzingis done for the first 40 games why sign anybody, especially over 30. The only guy im interested in is Julius Randle if Kanter goes and he will get more than I'm willing to spend

So ruin draft position in a year we have zero chance of making the playoffs? Not to mention we will likely have to give a 5-7 30 year old PG 45-60 million over 3 years. How is this a good idea in the short or long term

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/13/2018  8:22 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Gudris wrote:

So ruin draft position in a year we have zero chance of making the playoffs? Not to mention we will likely have to give a 5-7 30 year old PG 45-60 million over 3 years. How is this a good idea in the short or long term

IT satisfies Briggs Short term impulse.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/13/2018  9:13 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Gudris wrote:

I was going to say the draft changes next year so tanking isn't so beneficial - but looking at the revised percentages, I'm not seeing that- it still looks like it pays to tank, maybe less guaranteed at the top, but still.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/09/28/nba-board-governors-approves-changes-draft-lottery-system#/

BRIGGS
3/13/2018  11:15 AM
Gudris wrote:

I would like to win. We pay money for vets--we gave Noah and Lee and combined 30mm--give Thomas 45mm for 3 years. If were in it to win games--atleast when KP comes back we have another vet winner. Hes worth the money--teams he plays for wins.

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorknewyork
3/13/2018  11:26 AM
Knixkik wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:He will get st least 15 next year. He isn't a max player but he's a pretty unique talent. It would probably take 20 to get him here and unless it was for 2 years or less, I would pass, given his injury and defense.

What team with cap space will pay him 15 or more? Maybe LA resigns him if they miss out on others and get desperate, but i'm not sure if i see a good market for him out there. Lou Williams just sort of set the market for the elite scoring 6th man, and he's having a much better year than IT. The market is going to be bad for free agents, other than the max guys.

Redick and Hill both got 20mil per last offseason. Thomas will get 20mil minimum. Only thing a team will try and short him on is years. Philly if they miss out on Lebron will surely target Thomas. They want to take the next step. And will do what it takes to do so.

newyorknewyork
3/13/2018  11:31 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Gudris wrote:

I would like to win. We pay money for vets--we gave Noah and Lee and combined 30mm--give Thomas 45mm for 3 years. If were in it to win games--atleast when KP comes back we have another vet winner. Hes worth the money--teams he plays for wins.

He has better option with up and coming teams. Only shot Knicks would have would be to give him a big long term deal. We aren't in a good position for this type of move. If we were Philly. Who could sell him on ECC. He could take a short term big money deal. That would be a good situation.

Right now we need to focus on adding 2-3 more young potential all stars. Then target these type of guys when we are seen as a young up and coming team with young talent. Most likely 2019. When we have cap space and 2 more lotto picks added.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/13/2018  11:46 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Gudris wrote:

Win a few useless games or build a team for playoffs? Seems like you want to win a few useless games.

Luckily the Knicks won't even have the chance to offer the likes of IT a contract. But I like your reasoning: Knicks made errors with Noah and Lee, so let's do it again because that's a good thing.

BRIGGS, over the past 2 years, you have proposed 3 year contracts for Seth Curry, IT, Tony Allen, Beasley and others. Your cap management and team building is just atrocious, worse than Phil and Dolan combined man.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Since I Thomas was moved to 6th man Lakers are 7-2

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy