[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We need oak,mase knock your opponent on there *** players
Author Thread
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

3/11/2018  3:16 PM
Watching how unphysical we are makes me sick to my stomach today vs the raptors seeing them attack the basket over and over again. Oak or mase would have close lined them then laughed in there face while they weee on the ground and say you don’t wanna know what will happen next if you try to come in the lane again, not in my house .

What we saw today would never happen in the glory days oak or mase would F U C K them up for thinking they could just get in the lane like that .

I wanna see some pride and grit knock a player on there a s s defense.

AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/11/2018  3:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/11/2018  3:29 PM
There is no talent period, without Porzingis the Knicks are the worst team in the NBA. This team will need an insane amount of luck to turn this thing around in the next 3 years. Im serious how many players on the Knicks start on half the teams in the NBA? 0. How many are starters on bad teams? Hardaway. Its just not a toughness problem this team frankly sux
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
fitzfarm

3/11/2018  3:28 PM
Jmpasq wrote:There is no talent period, without Porzingis the Knicks are the worst team in the NBA. This team will need an insane amount of luck to turn this thing around in the next 3 years

Agreed, but still doesn’t mean we can’t leave our opponent bruised up and scared to get in the lane . Back in the day of oak and mase vs a division rival with that end score they would have tried to knock some one out and tried to get thrown out with the garden Croud roaring at there exit !

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/11/2018  3:39 PM
Jmpasq wrote:There is no talent period, without Porzingis the Knicks are the worst team in the NBA. This team will need an insane amount of luck to turn this thing around in the next 3 years. Im serious how many players on the Knicks start on half the teams in the NBA? 0. How many are starters on bad teams? Hardaway. Its just not a toughness problem this team frankly sux

Hardaway started on a good team last year. But your point is valid. We lack talent. We need to add shooters, defenders, and better athletes this off-season. But any talent will help. Of all of our current young guys, I only see Frank growing into a starter level player.

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

3/11/2018  3:55 PM
fitzfarm wrote:Watching how unphysical we are makes me sick to my stomach today vs the raptors seeing them attack the basket over and over again. Oak or mase would have close lined them then laughed in there face while they weee on the ground and say you don’t wanna know what will happen next if you try to come in the lane again, not in my house .

What we saw today would never happen in the glory days oak or mase would F U C K them up for thinking they could just get in the lane like that .

Danny Fortson was the last of the "enforcer" type only players that the league would functionally allow. After the Malice In The Palace, that was the final nail in the coffin.

What I believe fans want to see, as well as coaches and GM's is the style of ball that Patrick Beverley plays. Relentless, all the time, no surrender.

The Stretch 4/5 becoming the norm also has changed things. It draws bigs and pivots away from the basket, which limits some of the previous rate of contact. Draymond Green is painted as a rogue and thug, but he would have been pretty non descript in a previous era.

I'll always be a little sad Chuck Hayes was never a Knick. This town would have embraced him like no other.

Play relentless. Play the game the right way. I don't think it has to be more complicated than that.

fitzfarm

3/11/2018  3:59 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Watching how unphysical we are makes me sick to my stomach today vs the raptors seeing them attack the basket over and over again. Oak or mase would have close lined them then laughed in there face while they weee on the ground and say you don’t wanna know what will happen next if you try to come in the lane again, not in my house .

Danny Fortson was the last of the "enforcer" type only players that the league would functionally allow. After the Malice In The Palace, that was the final nail in the coffin.

What I believe fans want to see, as well as coaches and GM's is the style of ball that Patrick Beverley plays. Relentless, all the time, no surrender.

The Stretch 4/5 becoming the norm also has changed things. It draws bigs and pivots away from the basket, which limits some of the previous rate of contact. Draymond Green is painted as a rogue and thug, but he would have been pretty non descript in a previous era.

I'll always be a little sad Chuck Hayes was never a Knick. This town would have embraced him like no other.

Play relentless. Play the game the right way. I don't think it has to be more complicated than that.

Agreed I really want to see that passionate defense that use to rock the garden floor on a nightly basis.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

3/11/2018  4:30 PM
those days are over. we need defenders who can consistently stay in front of their man, not knocking your opponent to injury. i am looking at you giannis.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Gudris
Member: #6213

3/11/2018  5:27 PM
actually, we need to add only one star player, but who can make others betters
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/11/2018  5:29 PM

Knicks then would not just laugh, they would cut out the Raptors tongues and stick it up the arse of them!
Sure, knicks might lose a game, but they opponent would not leave without blood spilled and a reminder of that we are not the freed men of New Amsterdam, no, we are KNICKERBOCKERS and our fans while now soft, shall not suffer at the hands of the oppressor and enslaved by their will, no, the children of the KNICKERBOCKER play as .......
Oh wait, never mind.
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

3/11/2018  8:17 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Agreed I really want to see that passionate defense that use to rock the garden floor on a nightly basis.

I agree that we both love the Knicks all the way to the bone and want them to win.

I don't agree that we are talking about the same thing.

The Pat Riley Knicks were all about outright thuggery. Even as a Knicks diehard, I can't rationalize it but anything than that. XMan, LJ, Oak, Mason, etc. Just out right brutality.

Guys like Chuck Hayes and Patrick Beverley take it to the edge, but never cross over it. They are hated, not because they are looking to hurt other guys first, but because their level of effort shows how badly they want it, and in contrast, every other player on the floor looks like a cheap slacker.

You want a player who is looking for a reason (Beverley)

You don't want a player who is just looking for justification (Riley Knicks, Bad Boy Pistons, etc)

What you may be alluding to is just plain all out effort/max effort befitting wearing that beloved Knicks jersey. After seeing Melo, STAT, Bargs, Eddy Curry, etc and many others dog it, I can see what it's frustrating.

Outright thuggery is never going to be acceptable in the NBA ever again. That's what the Knicks were and used to be. No holds barred, that's just the truth.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/11/2018  9:31 PM
Cartman718 wrote:those days are over. we need defenders who can consistently stay in front of their man, not knocking your opponent to injury. i am looking at you giannis.

Your right, Frank s like that we could end up with Mikal Bridges who would be another

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
fitzfarm

3/11/2018  9:58 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

I agree that we both love the Knicks all the way to the bone and want them to win.

I don't agree that we are talking about the same thing.

The Pat Riley Knicks were all about outright thuggery. Even as a Knicks diehard, I can't rationalize it but anything than that. XMan, LJ, Oak, Mason, etc. Just out right brutality.

Guys like Chuck Hayes and Patrick Beverley take it to the edge, but never cross over it. They are hated, not because they are looking to hurt other guys first, but because their level of effort shows how badly they want it, and in contrast, every other player on the floor looks like a cheap slacker.

You want a player who is looking for a reason (Beverley)

You don't want a player who is just looking for justification (Riley Knicks, Bad Boy Pistons, etc)

What you may be alluding to is just plain all out effort/max effort befitting wearing that beloved Knicks jersey. After seeing Melo, STAT, Bargs, Eddy Curry, etc and many others dog it, I can see what it's frustrating.

Outright thuggery is never going to be acceptable in the NBA ever again. That's what the Knicks were and used to be. No holds barred, that's just the truth.

That’s really what I mean, I don’t wish injury on any player but getting knocked to the ground used to be apart of the game. Now that enforcement isn’t apart of the game we are seeing the speed ball it’s just layups and 3’s...

the nba would be wise to bring some defense back in the game.players were thinking twice about driving to the lane with the enforcer in the paint, No one was just jacking up threes when hand checking was a factor, when palming was actually called and when teams actually got called for moving screens 90% of the time instead of 25% like now.

The game used to be equally a two way sport now it’s very one sided. Perfect example is cj miles who is the spitting image of Hubert Davis . How’d did davis’s Career end up ? bit player because teams bodied him to force him to put the ball on the floor . Those days are over, Hubert Davis was born too early he would be a big time role player in today’s nba .

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/14/2018  1:52 PM
Yeah, and we need Dolan to be more involved....
We need oak,mase knock your opponent on there *** players

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy