[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KP looking like he’s going to come back STRONGER!
Author Thread
Gudris
Posts: 20861
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/12/2015
Member: #6213

3/9/2018  6:17 PM

[/quote]
You mean cardio from basketball? Then it's just going to come off again.
[/quote]

Yes, but as he gets older, this effect will be less with every year.

AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Posts: 58600
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
3/9/2018  6:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/9/2018  6:53 PM
OK but that's typically off-set by other drawbacks to aging (slower on the court, more injury, slower injury recovery).
nixluva
Posts: 56223
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
3/18/2018  8:06 PM
Nalod
Posts: 55925
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
3/19/2018  8:35 AM
For those who had ACL surgery: is what KP doing normal?
I know social media can distort things so before I gush about KP wolverine like healing I have no idea if I should be impressed with what he is doing or not.
Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
martin
Posts: 47553
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
3/19/2018  10:01 AM
Nalod wrote:For those who had ACL surgery: is what KP doing normal?
I know social media can distort things so before I gush about KP wolverine like healing I have no idea if I should be impressed with what he is doing or not.

I don't think shooting FT's is norm for most at 6 weeks, usually you are still with crutches. I don't think impressed is the right word, definitely out of norm. Also strange that you can't see the usual ACL brace but maybe it's blending with the tights

Generally we know zero details, but not having any meniscus damage was the best news out of this.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Posts: 48816
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
3/19/2018  10:30 AM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:For those who had ACL surgery: is what KP doing normal?
I know social media can distort things so before I gush about KP wolverine like healing I have no idea if I should be impressed with what he is doing or not.

I don't think shooting FT's is norm for most at 6 weeks, usually you are still with crutches. I don't think impressed is the right word, definitely out of norm. Also strange that you can't see the usual ACL brace but maybe it's blending with the tights

Generally we know zero details, but not having any meniscus damage was the best news out of this.

yea.. thats huge. Meniscus damage causes so much swelling are scar tissue. Was def rough for me. Great news.
Gudris
Posts: 20861
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/12/2015
Member: #6213

3/19/2018  11:25 AM
Nalod wrote:For those who had ACL surgery: is what KP doing normal?
I know social media can distort things so before I gush about KP wolverine like healing I have no idea if I should be impressed with what he is doing or not.

What ? Didn't you saw him in walking in Garden previous game? He is walking without crutches for 2 weeks now. I don't see the problem why he cant stand and shoot free throws

Knixkik
Posts: 29587
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
3/19/2018  11:38 AM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:For those who had ACL surgery: is what KP doing normal?
I know social media can distort things so before I gush about KP wolverine like healing I have no idea if I should be impressed with what he is doing or not.

I don't think shooting FT's is norm for most at 6 weeks, usually you are still with crutches. I don't think impressed is the right word, definitely out of norm. Also strange that you can't see the usual ACL brace but maybe it's blending with the tights

Generally we know zero details, but not having any meniscus damage was the best news out of this.

yea.. thats huge. Meniscus damage causes so much swelling are scar tissue. Was def rough for me. Great news.

It probably cuts off a month of recovery alone. It's possible he's back very early in the regular season. I'm guessing early Dec.

Vmart
Posts: 30733
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/23/2002
Member: #247
USA
3/19/2018  11:41 AM
With PRP and better surgical techniques it seem ACLs are no longer what they use to be. The turn around time has benn reduced from a year to 8-10 months just get on the floor to practice hard. Amazing it’s come so far since the BK days.
Bonn1997
Posts: 58600
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
3/19/2018  11:45 AM
Vmart wrote:With PRP and better surgical techniques it seem ACLs are no longer what they use to be. The turn around time has benn reduced from a year to 8-10 months just get on the floor to practice hard. Amazing it’s come so far since the BK days.

Actually, from what little I've read, the research supporting PRP is weak
Vmart
Posts: 30733
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/23/2002
Member: #247
USA
3/19/2018  12:00 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Vmart wrote:With PRP and better surgical techniques it seem ACLs are no longer what they use to be. The turn around time has benn reduced from a year to 8-10 months just get on the floor to practice hard. Amazing it’s come so far since the BK days.

Actually, from what little I've read, the research supporting PRP is weak

No, PRP is not weak. You can always find some out there trying to disprove something.

Bonn1997
Posts: 58600
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
3/19/2018  12:20 PM
Vmart wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Vmart wrote:With PRP and better surgical techniques it seem ACLs are no longer what they use to be. The turn around time has benn reduced from a year to 8-10 months just get on the floor to practice hard. Amazing it’s come so far since the BK days.

Actually, from what little I've read, the research supporting PRP is weak

No, PRP is not weak. You can always find some out there trying to disprove something.


Just wikipedia but it looks like every review of the research studies says the evidence is poor for PRP
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platelet-rich_plasma
anrst
Posts: 22420
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/7/2005
Member: #1054
USA
3/19/2018  12:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/19/2018  12:53 PM
can't wait for a full year of speculating on 30 second KP vids and pics

has anyone been watching Zach Levine? He's probly our best indicator of how an athletic freak can recover from an ACL injury in the modern age

Kemet
Posts: 20850
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/23/2015
Member: #6148

3/19/2018  2:24 PM
KP's b.ball IQ as a big man in the NBA are still a work in progress (a PROJECT)!!!
Three years of watching TIRED-KP no winning effort 4th quarter performance does not have me excited whenever he return. KP mean Timid !!!
Cartman718
Posts: 26127
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

3/21/2018  10:28 AM
from my ACL surgery when it happened a few years ago...surgery on Friday morning - arrival at home Friday afternoon
weekend 1 - zero strength in knee, bandage icing to prevent clotting, need assistance to do anything except laying flat on back.
lets say week 1 - monday morning follow up with doc and changing of bandages, still no strength, but able to use crutches to get around, able to use restroom with difficulty using crutches to get around, thigh to ankle brace to prevent knee from bending and being able to
week 2 - crutches are a joy and ability to go up and down stairs, ability to stand but not walk without crutches
week 3 - same as week 2
week 4 - ability to ditch the crutches (more hindrance than joy) for short walks from bed to bathroom from couch to kitchen, making sure not to turn knee at any point, still using crutches for longer walks
after 1 month from surgery - ability to drive myself to any distances (surgery on left knee), walk without crutches
week 3,4 - orthopaedic surgeon provided very slow low risk home exercises, damn you crutches!
week 5,6 - physio start and real strength building, so sick n tired of these crutches for stairs, at least dont need them for walking small distances.
week 7 - advanced physio
week 8 - advanced physio, no more crutches!
week 9-12 - low impact and low weight exercises at gym, physio complete
week 13-26 - jumping and running exercises included in addition to strength building, still fear of turning knee
week 27-45 - higher weight exercises to build overall leg strength, sometimes with and sometimes without knee brace, plus more freedom in knee activity, including bow-chiki-wow-wow lol
week 46 onward - full freedom in knee activity and real testing against other players, gradually increasing turning movement and frequency.
week 56 - back to full strength.

hope that sheds light on KP's progress...it's normal IMHO, especially considering the level of support a pro athlete receives versus someone like me.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
Posts: 55925
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
3/21/2018  1:48 PM
Cartman718 wrote:from my ACL surgery when it happened a few years ago...surgery on Friday morning - arrival at home Friday afternoon
weekend 1 - zero strength in knee, bandage icing to prevent clotting, need assistance to do anything except laying flat on back.
lets say week 1 - monday morning follow up with doc and changing of bandages, still no strength, but able to use crutches to get around, able to use restroom with difficulty using crutches to get around, thigh to ankle brace to prevent knee from bending and being able to
week 2 - crutches are a joy and ability to go up and down stairs, ability to stand but not walk without crutches
week 3 - same as week 2
week 4 - ability to ditch the crutches (more hindrance than joy) for short walks from bed to bathroom from couch to kitchen, making sure not to turn knee at any point, still using crutches for longer walks
after 1 month from surgery - ability to drive myself to any distances (surgery on left knee), walk without crutches
week 3,4 - orthopaedic surgeon provided very slow low risk home exercises, damn you crutches!
week 5,6 - physio start and real strength building, so sick n tired of these crutches for stairs, at least dont need them for walking small distances.
week 7 - advanced physio
week 8 - advanced physio, no more crutches!
week 9-12 - low impact and low weight exercises at gym, physio complete
week 13-26 - jumping and running exercises included in addition to strength building, still fear of turning knee
week 27-45 - higher weight exercises to build overall leg strength, sometimes with and sometimes without knee brace, plus more freedom in knee activity, including bow-chiki-wow-wow lol
week 46 onward - full freedom in knee activity and real testing against other players, gradually increasing turning movement and frequency.
week 56 - back to full strength.

hope that sheds light on KP's progress...it's normal IMHO, especially considering the level of support a pro athlete receives versus someone like me.

KP:
Week 1. Same.
Week 2. Crutches? What Crutches?
week 3. Clubbing and after hours pleasuring 3 women at once.
Week 4. I got a gym in building, im balling Solo!
Week 5-6. Physio start. Hire eastern european women and pleasuring them one at a time, three hours each.
week 7. Advanced Physio. Three women over 9 hours. Sturdy Latvians!
Week 8. The girls need Crutches!! He He.
Week 9-12 Low impact weights. Define Low impact?
Week 13-26 Monte carlo based yacht with Joakim and Leonardo DiCaprio.
week 27-45 Lost the knee brace in week 14 jet skiing with "Lenny" near Sardinia!
Week 45 Unicorn up!!!! 30 lbs of new muscle and new contract! Garden erupts when KP paired with the now 6'7 and 7'2 winged Frank defeat the defending champion Rockets in the Garden!!!!!!

Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
Gudris
Posts: 20861
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/12/2015
Member: #6213

3/21/2018  3:20 PM
KP looking like he’s going to come back STRONGER!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.