[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/7/2018  11:01 PM
Fan base hated on him as a has been, or never was. Now he's once again coaching the most efficient offense in the league. Who's hating on him now?
Par for the course, the NYK go through quality coaches like toilet paper. News flash, it ain't the coach.
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

3/7/2018  11:11 PM
I always liked him. Sure he didnt pay enough attention to defense but i felt he got put into tough situations when he was here. Still will never forget the first half of the 2010 season when Amare was playing like an MVP and of course linsanity
TLover
Member: #381
USA
3/7/2018  11:23 PM
The decision of choosing Melo over MDA was a mistake.. We did not give MDA time to build a culture with players that fit his system. If we had picked 7th instead of 8th we would’ve had Steph Curry and MDA would most likely still be our couch.
reub
Member: #6227

3/7/2018  11:44 PM
TLover wrote:The decision of choosing Melo over MDA was a mistake.. We did not give MDA time to build a culture with players that fit his system. If we had picked 7th instead of 8th we would’ve had Steph Curry and MDA would most likely still be our couch.

This is just one more way that Melo hurt this franchise.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/8/2018  12:49 AM
This was more so Walsh's fault then Melo's
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
3/8/2018  8:49 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:This was more so Walsh's fault then Melo's

It was Melo’s fault it always was. If it wasn’t his way he would play the passive-aggressive card all day and everyday. All Melo wanted was post up post up and more post ups. If Melo had any balls he would have turned his game into a more team oriented role with the luxury of any shot being a good shot kind of like Harden. It’s funny how Russell Westbrook had to bitch slap Melo into changing his **** for game. Even Phil couldn’t see through his BS until it was to late. Now the Knicks are stuck with Perry who I think was a panic hire to appease the masses more than to address a need.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/8/2018  8:58 AM
Vmart wrote:

It was Melo’s fault it always was. If it wasn’t his way he would play the passive-aggressive card all day and everyday. All Melo wanted was post up post up and more post ups. If Melo had any balls he would have turned his game into a more team oriented role with the luxury of any shot being a good shot kind of like Harden. It’s funny how Russell Westbrook had to bitch slap Melo into changing his **** for game. Even Phil couldn’t see through his BS until it was to late. Now the Knicks are stuck with Perry who I think was a panic hire to appease the masses more than to address a need.

Appease the Masses? C’mon man, you appease them with a starphuch name, not a journeyman assistant GM. Perry has put in enough time to warrant the opportunity. While he does not have a “hot” resume, if not him, then who would you have hired?

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/8/2018  9:35 AM
phuck that. I thought he was excellent. Established a style of play with Duhon. Got career (and winning play) out of Felton. MDA's downfall was when Melo quit on him, not anything MDA did wrong (aside from doing whatever Melo told him to). MDA was behind Linsanity... Give MDA some talent that fits his style and he's excellent. No doubt.

It aint the coach

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/8/2018  9:42 AM
I loved MDA. I thought part of his problem was not working with some of the players he had. I was against the Melo trade - against the Amare signing, but would have loved to have seen where that group pre melo could have gotten to.

Shoulda woulda coulda.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/8/2018  9:54 AM
Hating on this thread. Treated defense like it was unimportant. When he was in NY, a courtside reporter would bring up D, and D'Antoni would often smirk.

He told his players just to jack up shots to play the pcts, but never told them to go for the best look. Now you listen to him in Houston, and often his remarks are almost entirely about defense.

How many teams, how many chances did MDA get in this league before he started figuring things out?

I was on board with the hire until I had a closer look at how he ran a team. F that Hater ****, D'Antoni earned the criticism in NY. What was his record again?

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

3/8/2018  10:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/8/2018  4:00 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Hating on this thread. Treated defense like it was unimportant. When he was in NY, a courtside reporter would bring up D, and D'Antoni would often smirk.

He told his players just to jack up shots to play the pcts, but never told them to go for the best look. Now you listen to him in Houston, and often his remarks are almost entirely about defense.

How many teams, how many chances did MDA get in this league before he started figuring things out?

I was on board with the hire until I had a closer look at how he ran a team. F that Hater ****, D'Antoni earned the criticism in NY. What was his record again?

+1. The jackals that preach defense, on here, are the first ones to stroke the MDA jock.
Question to those blaming Melo, what was the Knicks record, with same talent, once MDA was shown the door? I'm sure Danfoni would have taken us to the finals once Uncle Phil got here and gutted the already average roster we had.

And people are acting like he did this back in LA. Lets leave out Harden, CP3 and a few of the better 3pt. shooters in the league. We will see how his defense pans out in playoffs.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
3/8/2018  10:06 AM
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Appease the Masses? C’mon man, you appease them with a starphuch name, not a journeyman assistant GM. Perry has put in enough time to warrant the opportunity. While he does not have a “hot” resume, if not him, then who would you have hired?

Put in time? Yeah but what kind of time what kind of success. There is a thing called putting in time and there is a thing called putting in time and being successful they are two different things. I would have hired Joe Dunbar’s before I hired Perry.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/8/2018  10:08 AM
Vmart wrote:

Mike D'Antoni was hired in 2008. Knicks didn't trade for Melo until 2011. For MDA's first 2 yrs as head coach all Knicks did was sell players to get under the cap hoping to sign Lebron James.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/8/2018  10:09 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Hating on this thread. Treated defense like it was unimportant. When he was in NY, a courtside reporter would bring up D, and D'Antoni would often smirk.

This. Also, he didn't believe in advance scouting, had short practices, and struggled with communication with his team. He needed a gm that recognized his limitations and built a roster to overcome his deficits on defense. Houston is stacked with good 3 and d guys that will get after on both ends of the court. He never addressed defense. Jeffries defending the point isn't a solid plan for team d.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/8/2018  10:23 AM
feel like this thread could get all Tony Wroten style
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/8/2018  10:25 AM
martin wrote:feel like this thread could get all Tony Wroten style

lmao

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/8/2018  10:25 AM
martin wrote:feel like this thread could get all Tony Wroten style

Without me, lol. Ancient history, had my say.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/8/2018  10:28 AM
MDA does his thing. He's great at his thing. He has two HOF PGs right now. That's definitely his thing. His thing isn't Chris Duhon and praying for Jeremy Lin to fall out of the sky. His thing isn't having his highest paid guys being a 3, 4, 5. Who give a **** who that's on... water under the bridge. couldn't do his thing in LA either. i think a lot of us wished he could have innovated with the roster that was given a la Pat Riley, which in typical Knicks fan land is and was totally unreasonable.
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/8/2018  10:54 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

This. Also, he didn't believe in advance scouting, had short practices, and struggled with communication with his team. He needed a gm that recognized his limitations and built a roster to overcome his deficits on defense. Houston is stacked with good 3 and d guys that will get after on both ends of the court. He never addressed defense. Jeffries defending the point isn't a solid plan for team d.
the bold... you could say that. Or you could simply say when MDA had good defensive players his teams played good defense. Funny how that works on both sides of the ball.

Always liked MDA and his candor. Great interviews. I remember during Linsanity they asked if he was playing Jeremy too many minutes. MDA was like... "He's what... like 23? I have to worry about his energy? He's smart. He's a Harvard kid. Im sure he can read a book on the subject."

Bottom line is our roster was a terrible fit for MDA. Billups and Melo were the worst possible.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/8/2018  11:28 AM
We also helped the Rockets a lot by not doing the Anderson - Melo trade.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy