Knicks are a lock for 9th pick
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/20/2018  11:43 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Panos wrote:They're going neither up nor down. Too many games separating 8, 9, and 10th pick, with too few to play.

Who is your pick at #9?

Bagley
Doncic
Ayton
Jackson Jr.
Bamba
Mikal Bridges
Porter
Carter Jr.
Young
Sexton

There are 10 guys i see as elite prospects. If we land at 9, i am choosing whichever feels like a better fit from the 2 that are likely to be remaining.

If Bridges is on the board, he is my preference.

cant obsess about draft position. Its silly. You do your best to tank and live with what happens. Knicks have lost like 15 of 17 while playing the kids. The Knicks are doing what they can.

Knixkik I dont like those guards. Trey Young is in no way an NBA player. Sexton is better but very small also and his drives will be much less effective at the next level. The guard I like the most is SGA.

This is def a draft where it gets very dicey after 6-7 so a spot lost or won can make a big difference.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/20/2018  12:01 PM
I hope someone thinks Trae Young is great and takes them before us.
One more player falls to us.
Im with Mike, I won't rack my brain out on how it all comes down because it all changes. Players who are not in the "Madness" will reemerge and the euro will either rise or fall.
Draft is such a crap shoot! Philly in the last 5 years is not really doing all that great with its blue chips. Fultz, Norlens and Okafor have yet to come close to the hype.
Yet, embiid is better than thought, Simmons is the real deal and just a kid, and they are playoff bound.
PART OF THE PROCESS ISNOT SUCCEEDING ON ALL PICKS!
I know it seems silly to plan on failure but that's reality! Plenty of bad draft stories. Minny passed on Curry not once but twice!!! Bennett, Kwame Brown, etc etc!!
I go with the best player available not by position unless I have a star at that position!
So if I have Trae Young on that list and he is no. 1 on whats left, I go there. I don't make "Briggs" like lists. At the same time I don't lament on players picked after that are great. I focus on what I have and don't worry about others. I Know there will always be a player picked after that will surprise not just knicks, but other teams and their brain trust as well.
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/20/2018  12:05 PM
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Panos wrote:They're going neither up nor down. Too many games separating 8, 9, and 10th pick, with too few to play.

Who is your pick at #9?

Bagley
Doncic
Ayton
Jackson Jr.
Bamba
Mikal Bridges
Porter
Carter Jr.
Young
Sexton

There are 10 guys i see as elite prospects. If we land at 9, i am choosing whichever feels like a better fit from the 2 that are likely to be remaining.

If Bridges is on the board, he is my preference.

cant obsess about draft position. Its silly. You do your best to tank and live with what happens. Knicks have lost like 15 of 17 while playing the kids. The Knicks are doing what they can.

Knixkik I dont like those guards. Trey Young is in no way an NBA player. Sexton is better but very small also and his drives will be much less effective at the next level. The guard I like the most is SGA.

This is def a draft where it gets very dicey after 6-7 so a spot lost or won can make a big difference.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder with many of these guys. Like last year, i don't see many superstar/franchise player-types, but some really good starters and a few all-stars. Any of the guys on this list could go in the top 5, or outside of it. Things will sort themselves out with workouts, but a guy like Young can go anywhere between probably 3 and 12 or so. Some love him and some hate him. Point is that i think there is a very specific group of 10 players who will be ranked all over the place, but generally speaking will be the top 10 on most draft boards.

Knicks are a lock for 9th pick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy