Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/7/2018  3:39 PM
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
colorfl1 wrote:Mudiay is woefully out of shape. I wouldn't make a judgment on anything he does this stretch.
Give him an off-season to get in game shape and work on the hitch in his shot, he will surprise you.

The guy at the YMCA is woefully out of shape but he can still F shoot it. The guy cant shoot a basketball--BIG problem. How many years has Mudiay been in this league now---that hitch is going nowhere. I want to root for the guy but hes not going places.

He's definately unprofessional in his polish but it's annoying how you go straight to bust of a trade when we got him for McDermott...Derm was supposed to be a shooter and he was terrible too.

Mudiay has had his share of good games and plays so far. If you expect him to be a world beater today then you will be disappointed. He does have a good base to work with, so he can get better. His ceiling is still very high. He's got work to doo just like the rest of our young guards

I don't see his potential.

Passing, penetrating, running offense, shooting, finishing at rim, making decisions with ball, defense. Young guys with potential will show flashes of both good and bad.

I think Mudiay had 1 game of hot shooting (I don't consider that potential) and a whole ton of bad.

What do you see that would let you know that this kid as something that is untapped and just needs more work/playing time?

martin, ive seen a lot of your take on frank/mudiay in various threads and i totally agree with all of it. im not sure what eny's issue with frank is? you would think the dude tried to **** his sister or something lol

from a basketball perspective, i get it, it's easy to rag on frank when you look at his stats, they look really bad to be honest (if you wanna have some fun compare his numbers to malik monk's numbers, it actually makes frank look like an all-star) but just watching frank, you see the makings of a very skillful, well-rounded basketball player. his court-vision, his defense (obviously) and as the season has wore on he's banging the open jumpers with some good consistency. he has a lot to work on, don't get me wrong. i dont want to see him as a SG, he can be game-changing PG if he can develop his penetration and ability to get to the basket, along with raising his finishing-ability. i believe i heard clyde say last night, he never lifted weights until he got to the knicks, the kid is young and and still has years to put on some muscle, which will do wonders for him. there is a good player hidden under what we see right now, im sure of it.

in regards to mudiay. i'm just not impressed. i was very impressed with him coming into the draft, because he was big and strong, he could put the ball on floor and i was hoping he'd be able to develop some PG skills. the crazy thing about mudiay is that after several years in the league, he looks like the same exact player as he did when he came into, if not worse. im not sure if the coaching in denver failed him and he's a broken dude right now, but he looks awful. maybe he needs his confidence built back up or something, but he just looks awful with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Guys like Monk and Frank will get better. The thing with Monk is, shooting is supposed to be his fallback skill, and he's not doing it well. For Frank, we know the offense will take time, so his numbers won't be there. Defense is his fallback skill, and he is absolutely living up to his reputation as a high-level defensive prospect. But defense isn't seen on the stat sheet like offense is, so his numbers look disappointing.

AUTOADVERT
VCoug
Member: #1406

3/7/2018  4:13 PM
Knixkik wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
VCoug wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
VCoug wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
colorfl1 wrote:Mudiay is woefully out of shape. I wouldn't make a judgment on anything he does this stretch.
Give him an off-season to get in game shape and work on the hitch in his shot, he will surprise you.

The guy at the YMCA is woefully out of shape but he can still F shoot it. The guy cant shoot a basketball--BIG problem. How many years has Mudiay been in this league now---that hitch is going nowhere. I want to root for the guy but hes not going places.

He's definately unprofessional in his polish but it's annoying how you go straight to bust of a trade when we got him for McDermott...Derm was supposed to be a shooter and he was terrible too.

Mudiay has had his share of good games and plays so far. If you expect him to be a world beater today then you will be disappointed. He does have a good base to work with, so he can get better. His ceiling is still very high. He's got work to doo just like the rest of our young guards

Mudiay definitely hasn't had his share of good games, he's been possibly the worst player on the team. And what good base does he have? He doesn't do anything well.

That's exaggerated... dudes had a 14 and 10 game so spare me that bull****. Frank has been horrible for 60 games.

Regardless it's not about that but I'm not gonna stand for one guy getting bashed and another guy getting the benifit of doubt when they are in the same boat.

Lol, Frank's been horrible for 60 games? Sure, he has but he's shown good defense and court vision though I definitely have my doubts about his future. Mudiay's been horrible for 174 games and hasn't shown anything good at all.

Guys who just look at stats might say Frank has been horrible, but he has shown promise as a defender and open shooter. He has a long ways to go, but his floor is still an NBA role player. I expect him to grow into a starting caliber player based on what he has shown so far this year, especially on defense. Mudiay has been bad on both ends of the floor, leading me to believe that he may fall out of the rotation next year, especially if we add another guard via draft or free agency.

You can't just ignore stats though. You might like the way he looks shooting but he's a bad shooter, even in free throws. I'm hoping he can develop into late career Kidd but there's a long way to go before that happens.

He's shooting over 70% from free throw line. And compare his rookie shooting to other rookies. He's shooting the 3pt around the same as Porzingis did as a rookie. It's easy to see that his jumpshot will improve. He has the form and release. He seems to have work ethic. The concern with him is his aggressiveness and quickness on the offensive end. But he has shown enough to let me know he will be at least a strong role player very soon.

I didn't realize he was finally over 70% (still not a great number), last I had checked he was under. I looked up his FT%, eFG%, and TS% compared to other rookies over the past 40 years, it's not good. And here's the same list for FT%, 2P%, and 3P%: link. ALso, not good. Coincidentally, do you want to guess who is also on both lists?

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
KNICKSBIGCATS
Member: #3745

3/7/2018  8:38 PM
martin wrote:
KNICKSBIGCATS wrote:Call Danny Ainge about Terry Rozier.
He's significantly better than anything the Knicks got.
Offer O'quinn, cash, and the 2018 Chicago 2nd rounder.

KOQ isn't tradeable.

Knicks will most likely have Frank, Trey, Mudiay on the roster next year and you want another PG type?

How does this even come close to making sense?

Like I said, Martin, the Knicks have NOTHING at point guard.
Mudiay is horrible, Trey is a backup for a mediocre team and Frank
needs to go to the G league for a while. Terry Rozier is wayyyyy better than any of them
and he steps right in as the starter. But, you'd rather have the three stooges (F,T,M).

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." -Michael Jordan
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

3/7/2018  8:52 PM
VCoug wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
VCoug wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
VCoug wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Mudiay definitely hasn't had his share of good games, he's been possibly the worst player on the team. And what good base does he have? He doesn't do anything well.

That's exaggerated... dudes had a 14 and 10 game so spare me that bull****. Frank has been horrible for 60 games.

Regardless it's not about that but I'm not gonna stand for one guy getting bashed and another guy getting the benifit of doubt when they are in the same boat.

Lol, Frank's been horrible for 60 games? Sure, he has but he's shown good defense and court vision though I definitely have my doubts about his future. Mudiay's been horrible for 174 games and hasn't shown anything good at all.

Guys who just look at stats might say Frank has been horrible, but he has shown promise as a defender and open shooter. He has a long ways to go, but his floor is still an NBA role player. I expect him to grow into a starting caliber player based on what he has shown so far this year, especially on defense. Mudiay has been bad on both ends of the floor, leading me to believe that he may fall out of the rotation next year, especially if we add another guard via draft or free agency.

You can't just ignore stats though. You might like the way he looks shooting but he's a bad shooter, even in free throws. I'm hoping he can develop into late career Kidd but there's a long way to go before that happens.

He's shooting over 70% from free throw line. And compare his rookie shooting to other rookies. He's shooting the 3pt around the same as Porzingis did as a rookie. It's easy to see that his jumpshot will improve. He has the form and release. He seems to have work ethic. The concern with him is his aggressiveness and quickness on the offensive end. But he has shown enough to let me know he will be at least a strong role player very soon.

I didn't realize he was finally over 70% (still not a great number), last I had checked he was under. I looked up his FT%, eFG%, and TS% compared to other rookies over the past 40 years, it's not good. And here's the same list for FT%, 2P%, and 3P%: link. ALso, not good. Coincidentally, do you want to guess who is also on both lists?

So let's ignore the fact that Mudiay started 66 games that season and Frank has started 1. Plus Mudiay played a solid 10 minutes/game more than Frank on average. But yeah other than that they are comparable.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/7/2018  9:01 PM
KNICKSBIGCATS wrote:
martin wrote:
KNICKSBIGCATS wrote:Call Danny Ainge about Terry Rozier.
He's significantly better than anything the Knicks got.
Offer O'quinn, cash, and the 2018 Chicago 2nd rounder.

KOQ isn't tradeable.

Knicks will most likely have Frank, Trey, Mudiay on the roster next year and you want another PG type?

How does this even come close to making sense?

Like I said, Martin, the Knicks have NOTHING at point guard.
Mudiay is horrible, Trey is a backup for a mediocre team and Frank
needs to go to the G league for a while. Terry Rozier is wayyyyy better than any of them
and he steps right in as the starter. But, you'd rather have the three stooges (F,T,M).

I haven't made one comment about F, T, M versus Terry. I have told you that you won't be able to trade KOQ because he will either opt in or opt out.

And having 4 PGs on the roster does not make sense.

So try again. But this time think it out and try to make sense.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
VCoug
Member: #1406

3/8/2018  12:41 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
VCoug wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
VCoug wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

So let's ignore the fact that Mudiay started 66 games that season and Frank has started 1. Plus Mudiay played a solid 10 minutes/game more than Frank on average. But yeah other than that they are comparable.

Does any of that change the fact that Ntilikina is having an historically bad year shooting the ball even for a rookie?

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/8/2018  12:48 PM
VCoug wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
VCoug wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
VCoug wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Does any of that change the fact that Ntilikina is having an historically bad year shooting the ball even for a rookie?

He isn't though.

Is he shooting very poorly? Yes. Very poorly for a rookie? Yes.

Is he shooting poorly in the context of many other all-stars and HOF players who shot just about the same percentages got better and turned into really good shooters? No.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
USA
3/8/2018  1:20 PM
VCoug wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
VCoug wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
VCoug wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

His shooting numbers are comparable to Dennis Smith, Ball, and Monk. Ball isn't even shooting 50% from the free throw line. Smith shooting poorly too. Monk and Smith don't have good defensive skills to fall back on, like Ntilikina does.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/8/2018  1:24 PM
Knixkik wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Passing, penetrating, running offense, shooting, finishing at rim, making decisions with ball, defense. Young guys with potential will show flashes of both good and bad.

I think Mudiay had 1 game of hot shooting (I don't consider that potential) and a whole ton of bad.

What do you see that would let you know that this kid as something that is untapped and just needs more work/playing time?

martin, ive seen a lot of your take on frank/mudiay in various threads and i totally agree with all of it. im not sure what eny's issue with frank is? you would think the dude tried to **** his sister or something lol

from a basketball perspective, i get it, it's easy to rag on frank when you look at his stats, they look really bad to be honest (if you wanna have some fun compare his numbers to malik monk's numbers, it actually makes frank look like an all-star) but just watching frank, you see the makings of a very skillful, well-rounded basketball player. his court-vision, his defense (obviously) and as the season has wore on he's banging the open jumpers with some good consistency. he has a lot to work on, don't get me wrong. i dont want to see him as a SG, he can be game-changing PG if he can develop his penetration and ability to get to the basket, along with raising his finishing-ability. i believe i heard clyde say last night, he never lifted weights until he got to the knicks, the kid is young and and still has years to put on some muscle, which will do wonders for him. there is a good player hidden under what we see right now, im sure of it.

in regards to mudiay. i'm just not impressed. i was very impressed with him coming into the draft, because he was big and strong, he could put the ball on floor and i was hoping he'd be able to develop some PG skills. the crazy thing about mudiay is that after several years in the league, he looks like the same exact player as he did when he came into, if not worse. im not sure if the coaching in denver failed him and he's a broken dude right now, but he looks awful. maybe he needs his confidence built back up or something, but he just looks awful with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Guys like Monk and Frank will get better. The thing with Monk is, shooting is supposed to be his fallback skill, and he's not doing it well. For Frank, we know the offense will take time, so his numbers won't be there. Defense is his fallback skill, and he is absolutely living up to his reputation as a high-level defensive prospect. But defense isn't seen on the stat sheet like offense is, so his numbers look disappointing.

Guards are lighting us up every game with and with out frank. Even JH said it himself, guys are smarter, stronger,and faster than frank, he doesn't stop anyone..

ES
Knixkik
USA
3/8/2018  1:54 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Guards are lighting us up every game with and with out frank. Even JH said it himself, guys are smarter, stronger,and faster than frank, he doesn't stop anyone..

Compare any of his defensive metrics to Monk, Smith, Fox etc and you will see a big difference. He is not a defensive stopper yet, but anyone with an eye for the game sees he's going to be a very good defensive player at any position. Just have patience, it takes time.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/8/2018  1:57 PM
We're in full-on tank mode, so having terrible play at the PG spot is a good thing. In fact, I hope the team loses every game for the remainder of the season.

Our most talented PG at the moment is still Jack - and we established that he's not a worthy starter in the league at this stage of his career. So... that's a telling statement with regard to the rest of our PG corps.

Of course, there's Trey Burke who has shown flashes of being an NBA starter - we need to limit his minutes otherwise we might win some games.

I've already accepted the Elfrid Payton situation. Super fantasy bball player. Triple double threat every night. Shored up weakness in his game over the years. It would have been nice to acquire him IF KP didn't get hurt - but if we got him he'd cost us losses.

Nothing's stopping the Knicks from going after Payton as a free agent. Next season will be a clean slate, and the Knicks may be active in the FA market. The team will want to try to keep afloat for the first few months of next season while KP rehabs his injury.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Kemet
Member: #6148

3/8/2018  5:40 PM
If Hornacek was a keeper head coach .. then he would have Mudiay and Jack in the same lineup as a tandem guards for 12 games straight.
Plus have Knits and Burke as their tandem backups to give poor shooting Timmy n Lee a DNP rest on the bench for 10 games
meloshouldgo

3/8/2018  6:27 PM
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Compare any of his defensive metrics to Monk, Smith, Fox etc and you will see a big difference. He is not a defensive stopper yet, but anyone with an eye for the game sees he's going to be a very good defensive player at any position. Just have patience, it takes time.

Yup, once you mention defense all the Dennis Smith fanboys switch to how Frank is being lit up by guards, but they very pointedly stop making comparisons to the object of their adortaion.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/8/2018  6:30 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Yup, once you mention defense all the Dennis Smith fanboys switch to how Frank is being lit up by guards, but they very pointedly stop making comparisons to the object of their adortaion.

You leave DSJ alone! Mean person!

meloshouldgo

3/8/2018  6:38 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Yeah, that's gonna happen.

GustavBahler

3/8/2018  7:05 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Damn Octopus hating....

meloshouldgo

3/8/2018  8:56 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Damn Octopus hating....

Octopus??
Compared to all the hating y'all been doing on Frank, my post was like a love poem. 😂

GustavBahler

3/8/2018  9:21 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Damn Octopus hating....

Octopus??
Compared to all the hating y'all been doing on Frank, my post was like a love poem. 😂

Was referring to the not so glowing review DSJ gave his meeting with Big Chief Triangle. Seems like more than just his game that makes DSJ a target for his villainous haters.

If DSJ had enjoyed the meal,and overlooked Phil's insatiable hunger for octopus, I know you wouldnt be so harsh.

DSJ didnt like the octopus, shouldnt be a capital crime! For shame.

meloshouldgo

3/8/2018  10:15 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Damn Octopus hating....

Octopus??

Was referring to the not so glowing review DSJ gave his meeting with Big Chief Triangle. Seems like more than just his game that makes DSJ a target for his villainous haters.

If DSJ had enjoyed the meal,and overlooked Phil's insatiable hunger for octopus, I know you wouldnt be so harsh.

Ha! I love octopus. Call me vampire squid

GustavBahler

3/8/2018  10:31 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Damn Octopus hating....

Octopus??

Ha! I love octopus. Call me vampire squid

Lol, not like Phil. Let me put it this way. A producer wants Phil to star in a remake of "20,000 Leagues under the Sea" as the hero who saves the day by eating the giant octopus..............
while interviewing a potential draft pick!

Boffo!!!

My God Mudiay is awful

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy