[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I want to get behind these guys
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/5/2018  12:25 AM
I want to be encouraging as a fan-- but Mudiay has to meet us halfway and make some darn shots. I'm not sure what the asking price for Payton was but he's been light years better than Mudiay in every single category.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/5/2018  1:54 AM
Still think Beasley worth $40m over 4 years or more like vet min?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/5/2018  7:18 AM
martin wrote:Still think Beasley worth $40m over 4 years or more like vet min?

Beasley looked great behind porzingis right ? Some were saying he was our best player. The key was his role. Now he is getting exposed in an increased role, as many of us expected.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/5/2018  7:32 AM
why isn't Burke our starting PG?
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/5/2018  8:14 AM

Dude beasely has far too many brain dead moments,bad shots, bad defense, horrible TO's, bad passes, and such a lackadaisical effort 50% of the time he's on the court.

Just looking at mudiay's flat shot, he will never be good shooter. Both frank and mudiay are just horrible shooters, I mean it's really ugly at times..

ES
Knixkik
USA
3/5/2018  9:05 AM
franco12 wrote:why isn't Burke our starting PG?

Honestly, Frank should be the starting PG. He is the only PG who consistently brings defense to the lineup. Burke and Mudiay are scoring guards, more appropriate for coming off the bench. Frank can always slide over to the SG for much of the game, but he is the guy who brings elite defense to the rotation right now.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/5/2018  9:13 AM
Knixkik wrote:

Honestly, Frank should be the starting PG. He is the only PG who consistently brings defense to the lineup. Burke and Mudiay are scoring guards, more appropriate for coming off the bench. Frank can always slide over to the SG for much of the game, but he is the guy who brings elite defense to the rotation right now.

Maybe he should be, but he is so far from being ready!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/5/2018  9:54 AM
franco12 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

For what?
Bad days indeed!!!

Knixkik
USA
3/5/2018  9:58 AM
franco12 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

With 18 games left, i think being ready is irrelevant. We aren't winning games, and there is no pressure for him to fail. Might as well let him get the experience to get an idea for how he should train this summer.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/5/2018  9:59 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I want to be encouraging as a fan-- but Mudiay has to meet us halfway and make some darn shots. I'm not sure what the asking price for Payton was but he's been light years better than Mudiay in every single category.

Not sure we wanted to pay Payton where "Manny" has upside, youthier, and has one more year free look at that price.
You make a decision and two weeks is not enough time to go back and give up. This was about this year and then what he has to work on before next season.
If not, we made no commitment.
True, payton has been better.
Remember the tank is always ugly. Very ugly.

Knixkik
USA
3/5/2018  10:02 AM
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I want to be encouraging as a fan-- but Mudiay has to meet us halfway and make some darn shots. I'm not sure what the asking price for Payton was but he's been light years better than Mudiay in every single category.

Not sure we wanted to pay Payton where "Manny" has upside, youthier, and has one more year free look at that price.
You make a decision and two weeks is not enough time to go back and give up. This was about this year and then what he has to work on before next season.
If not, we made no commitment.
True, payton has been better.
Remember the tank is always ugly. Very ugly.

This is the biggest reason no one should compare getting Payton to getting Mudiay. Knicks aren't trying to invest in anyone this summer. 2019 is the year. They need another year to look at the guard combination of Mudiay, Ntilikina, and Burke is figure out what they have and what position Ntilikina will be best at. It's simple as that. Payton being a better player doesn't matter. We weren't interested in paying him big money this summer.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/5/2018  10:13 AM
This is what rebuilding through youth looks like.... no complaining. Just enjoy what you are seeing. Mudiay is inconsistent. Frank is even worse. Burke is good but he's been over used getting caught up in all these come backs.

Can't really complain guys I dunno what to say. Enjoy what these guys do well and how they can get better realistically. Stop talking in parables and what your 10 year old imagination thinks guys can do.... study the team and see how guys are playing. Losing is what we want right? So why get mad or frustrated? It's ridiculous to do that.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/5/2018  10:15 AM
Glad the Knicks are sticking to their guns around tank mode.

I'm extremely happy with the result of this game. I'd like the Knicks to end the season on a LOOONG losing streak. We should play hard until the last 2 minutes, then execute plays with mismatched personnel.

Let's not be upset by the final outcome; it's all about the journey for the rest of the way. If we can play competitively until the final moments, that's a win.

If we REALLY wanted a PG of the near future, Payton would have been a fantastic choice - he's still technically someone we could go after as an RFA. But he'd have won us games and ruined our odds at a top lottery pick this year and next.

Interestingly, if Payton is the PG of the future in Phoenix, Brandon Knight should be coming back from leg injury - he played extremely well under Hornacek years ago - he might also be an option should we choose to upgrade PG in the future.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
BRIGGS
3/5/2018  10:27 AM
Im really talking about Mudiay here. He cant shoot the ball and for his size sub par rebounding and defense.
RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
USA
3/5/2018  10:30 AM
technomaster wrote:Glad the Knicks are sticking to their guns around tank mode.

I'm extremely happy with the result of this game. I'd like the Knicks to end the season on a LOOONG losing streak. We should play hard until the last 2 minutes, then execute plays with mismatched personnel.

Let's not be upset by the final outcome; it's all about the journey for the rest of the way. If we can play competitively until the final moments, that's a win.

If we REALLY wanted a PG of the near future, Payton would have been a fantastic choice - he's still technically someone we could go after as an RFA. But he'd have won us games and ruined our odds at a top lottery pick this year and next.

Interestingly, if Payton is the PG of the future in Phoenix, Brandon Knight should be coming back from leg injury - he played extremely well under Hornacek years ago - he might also be an option should we choose to upgrade PG in the future.

Knight can score but isn't really a PG and can't play defense. It's really better off to commit to Ntilikina as the starting PG and we can figure out his true position as we go into next year.
Knixkik
USA
3/5/2018  10:32 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Im really talking about Mudiay here. He cant shoot the ball and for his size sub par rebounding and defense.

You're right he really can't shoot. He probably won't ever be a shooter. He's a physical player who can play multiple positions, but doesn't have a single elite skill. Our best hope is he develops into some sort of poor-man's Tyreke Evans.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/5/2018  10:35 AM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Im really talking about Mudiay here. He cant shoot the ball and for his size sub par rebounding and defense.

You're right he really can't shoot. He probably won't ever be a shooter. He's a physical player who can play multiple positions, but doesn't have a single elite skill. Our best hope is he develops into some sort of poor-man's Tyreke Evans.

He has very amateurish jumper mechanics... he's gonna need to see chris brickley or some other super trainer. He has the tools though. Nice foundation to grow... he needs to really buckle down and get professional about his game.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
3/5/2018  10:36 AM
Knixkik wrote:

Tyreke is really way better at other facets--its not close. This guy has to shoot it and after many games now to get acclimated--hes showing poo poo. Hes got the keys--everyone is behind him and hes not doing it. Its in OUR MAJOR benefit for him to play well--to show signs that he can do this position.

RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/5/2018  10:38 AM
Knixkik wrote:

Beasley looked great behind porzingis right ? Some were saying he was our best player. The key was his role. Now he is getting exposed in an increased role, as many of us expected.

Some of us expected Beasley to be a better fit off the bench. Dont believe anyone here is suggesting that Beasley be paid starter money. Unless Beasley spends the rest of the season in a slump, I wouldnt oppose bringing Beas back as a sub. Paid like a sub.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/5/2018  10:39 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Tyreke is really way better at other facets--its not close. This guy has to shoot it and after many games now to get acclimated--hes showing poo poo. Hes got the keys--everyone is behind him and hes not doing it. Its in OUR MAJOR benefit for him to play well--to show signs that he can do this position.

So what? Has Tyreke played a winning season of NBA basketball?

Last week Briggs was behind our young guards.

Its gonna take time.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
I want to get behind these guys

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy