USA
3/5/2018  8:46 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:One thing Hornacek did which I didnt think was a good move, was very demonstrably unloading on THJ for a missed assignment, just a couple of plays after stepping in and taking a charge from a big.

The season is over, these games mean more to Hornacek than anyone else at this point. Timmy is putting himself on the line in a meaningless game, Hornacek should dial it back.

Absolutely 100% the opposite thinking from me.

You play 100% hard all the time, every game, whether you are up by 20 or down by 20. This is how you start culture. Brad Stevens is the hallmark for that for me.

Without actually being in the practices, I would say that the team reviewed defense and defensive assignments and rotations - all the newspapers laid it out for us over the past week. I'm guessing THJr and Beas and maybe more made the mistakes in the face of direct coaching and exact review of that similar situation.

Most coaches just don't fly off the handle for no reason and I think the prevailing opinion - I could be wrong - is that Jeff is pretty easy going on the sidelines all things considered.

No cutting corners on the culture thing. Players, coaches, everyone needs to be putting in full.

Dont believe that jumping up and down and waving your arms spastically right in front one of your veterans, during the game is the best way to convey your disapproval.

Especially when the player you are yelling at had been playing hard on both ends of the court.

Call a TO, wait until there is a stoppage in play. I dont see trying to very publicly embarass a player in that situation as the way to go. I dont see that as changing the culture.

Did you see everything up to that point? The film sessions? The practices? This is the point.. Jeff isnt usually like that. Coach gets no benefit of the doubt? There is zero chance that Timmy heard and saw exactly what he needed to? Maybe Tim is the one calling others out and pointing fingers. Maybe Timmy said coach I got this when he didnt. The culture is playing hard and being accountable. There is no scenario that calling out a player on the sideline in real time is appropriate?

This is why this generation of players is so soft to begin with! Everyone is worried about hurting their phucking feelings.

Not talking about feelings, talking about respect.

Should have used more of his energy yelling at Frank. Plenty of times this season where he deserved it for not being aggressive enough. Wonder what the reaction here, would have been if he had?

That JH, along with Eny, are getting too emotional

Yikes. Minutes wether he's earned it or not, and no yelling at your rookie either, even when he deserves it.

No way the kid will develop a sense of entitlement, expect minutes.

Not like its happened in the recent past, right?

JH has yanked not only Frank but others when they made mistakes. Can't tell what was going on specifically last night and the whole stomping thing.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/5/2018  9:42 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:One thing Hornacek did which I didnt think was a good move, was very demonstrably unloading on THJ for a missed assignment, just a couple of plays after stepping in and taking a charge from a big.

The season is over, these games mean more to Hornacek than anyone else at this point. Timmy is putting himself on the line in a meaningless game, Hornacek should dial it back.

Absolutely 100% the opposite thinking from me.

You play 100% hard all the time, every game, whether you are up by 20 or down by 20. This is how you start culture. Brad Stevens is the hallmark for that for me.

Without actually being in the practices, I would say that the team reviewed defense and defensive assignments and rotations - all the newspapers laid it out for us over the past week. I'm guessing THJr and Beas and maybe more made the mistakes in the face of direct coaching and exact review of that similar situation.

Most coaches just don't fly off the handle for no reason and I think the prevailing opinion - I could be wrong - is that Jeff is pretty easy going on the sidelines all things considered.

No cutting corners on the culture thing. Players, coaches, everyone needs to be putting in full.

Dont believe that jumping up and down and waving your arms spastically right in front one of your veterans, during the game is the best way to convey your disapproval.

Especially when the player you are yelling at had been playing hard on both ends of the court.

Call a TO, wait until there is a stoppage in play. I dont see trying to very publicly embarass a player in that situation as the way to go. I dont see that as changing the culture.

Did you see everything up to that point? The film sessions? The practices? This is the point.. Jeff isnt usually like that. Coach gets no benefit of the doubt? There is zero chance that Timmy heard and saw exactly what he needed to? Maybe Tim is the one calling others out and pointing fingers. Maybe Timmy said coach I got this when he didnt. The culture is playing hard and being accountable. There is no scenario that calling out a player on the sideline in real time is appropriate?

This is why this generation of players is so soft to begin with! Everyone is worried about hurting their phucking feelings.

Not talking about feelings, talking about respect.

Should have used more of his energy yelling at Frank. Plenty of times this season where he deserved it for not being aggressive enough. Wonder what the reaction here, would have been if he had?

That JH, along with Eny, are getting too emotional

Yikes. Minutes wether he's earned it or not, and no yelling at your rookie either, even when he deserves it.

No way the kid will develop a sense of entitlement, expect minutes.

Not like its happened in the recent past, right?

JH has yanked not only Frank but others when they made mistakes. Can't tell what was going on specifically last night and the whole stomping thing.

Believe there were a number of times this season when Hornacek saw Burke outplaying Frank badly, and if anything there would be a drop in minutes for Burke.

Some posters are complaining about JH not taking his development seriously. I seriously disagree. He's given Frank every opportunity to succeed.

If Hornacek was really interested in winning, Jack and Lee would have played, or played more. THJ was still taking charges like the game was more than developmental in focus.

If Jeff had lit Hardaway up without the interpretative dance, wouldnt have seen it as disrespectful in that situation.

Speaking of Lee, he is bulletproof at the foul line until its one that really matters. Missed a few in crunch time this season. Surprising.

Zebo13
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6434
USA
3/6/2018  12:04 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:Two best players on the Knicks were frank and Timmy, two of our players of the future. I’ll take it.

Stats don't always tell the story, I have seen guts have monster games in a win with a minus rating.

I posted this before I saw any stats. It was just based on what I saw.

Game Thread: Down with the Kings!!! 9pm Tonight

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy