[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

This might be the year .. we trade down from #9 for multiple first round picks
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/22/2018  1:08 PM
Lawrence Frank is the man in charge now, not DOC. Doc don’t develope players, but he might if he wants to Live and Die in L.A.

Good concept. The past is not always redundant to the future.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/22/2018  1:52 PM
Nalod wrote:Lawrence Frank is the man in charge now, not DOC. Doc don’t develope players, but he might if he wants to Live and Die in L.A.

Good concept. The past is not always redundant to the future.

This is a classic.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/22/2018  3:36 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Heard this proposed on nba radio by a Clipper fan that said Doc doesn't develop players so the Clips should trade up. I think it is a great idea. Draft Kevin Knox and Khyri Thomas. It would be similar to when the Nets traded for Kidd, drafted Jefferson, Collins, and Armstrong. Franchise fortune changing trade on draft night. I think it is a great idea.

Yes to Khyrie, Not sold on Knox. I would trade down again maybe to nab ATLs #19 & #30 with a pick swap of #37 for #33.

Give out promises to Hutchinson & Johntay Porter.

Thomas, Hutchinson, Johntay would be an ideal haul when you look at their potential skill sets to add to our team.

Khyrie being able to take the starting PG spot pushing Burke to off the bench role would be huge. Given his 2-way potential.
Hutchinson is the perfect SF for Thomas & Frank since he is a point forward type of forward.
Johntay is an inside-outside ball moving perfect compliment to Thomas, Frank, Hutchinson KP. He is 6'11 7ft wingspan and only 19-20 yrs old who can still transform his body to become a beast down the road.

Then we would have a bench of(thinking 2 yrs from now) Burke, Thjr or Dotson, Williams, Kornet and maybe Hicks or another forward in his place. That bench has a ton of potential given its length and shooting ability.

Would love a scenario like that to play out.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/22/2018  5:26 PM
If we don't get a top 3 pick, I'd support trading back... especialy if we get picks in the future... I don't love this draft
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/22/2018  5:58 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:If we don't get a top 3 pick, I'd support trading back... especialy if we get picks in the future... I don't love this draft

I'd widen that range to top 6, but I think im starting to agree with your line of thinking. But are other teams thinking the same? Can we find a trade partner who wants to move into our range?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
rpknicks
Member: #6003

4/22/2018  6:01 PM
It's a nice idea even if quite unlikely. It's a rare occurrence for deals like this to go down , and if we have something to sell at 9, there are 8 other teams above and a few below who do also.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
4/22/2018  6:14 PM
Knixkik wrote:With the considerable drop in talent after the top 12 prospects or so, i don't think this is the year to trade down. Depth won't be an issue for us, we need a high level starter, which can be acquired at the top of the draft.

I have to agree. This team needs a star player to run with KP. The best player they can get. If they can trade up, they MUST if the player they want will be taken early. All that being said, a higher pick does not necessarily mean the better player. What pick was Mitchell this year? There a ton of busts that were drafter in the top 3.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
4/22/2018  7:27 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
Knixkik wrote:With the considerable drop in talent after the top 12 prospects or so, i don't think this is the year to trade down. Depth won't be an issue for us, we need a high level starter, which can be acquired at the top of the draft.

I have to agree. This team needs a star player to run with KP. The best player they can get. If they can trade up, they MUST if the player they want will be taken early. All that being said, a higher pick does not necessarily mean the better player. What pick was Mitchell this year? There a ton of busts that were drafter in the top 3.

~You can't run from who you are.~
Ira
Member: #91
4/23/2018  9:17 AM
I think it would be best to wait until our pick comes up before doing a trade - the parameters of which could be worked out. Someone very good could fall to us at nine - maybe Trae Young.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/23/2018  9:28 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:If we don't get a top 3 pick, I'd support trading back... especialy if we get picks in the future... I don't love this draft

I'd widen that range to top 6, but I think im starting to agree with your line of thinking. But are other teams thinking the same? Can we find a trade partner who wants to move into our range?

I agree with you there... but we can only move into the top 3, not the top 6

I actually think there is a good amount of people that think this is a deep draft. I think people are confused because there's not really too much high end talent, and everyone looked better this year than they would in other years

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/23/2018  9:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2018  9:47 AM
I want to use the 9th pick to trade up. If the Knicks are picking there.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/23/2018  10:30 AM
The Frozen Envelope is making a comeback.
This might be the year .. we trade down from #9 for multiple first round picks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy