3/6/2018  11:15 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:Why do most of you still think Walsh was the facilitator of the Melo deal?
Walsh did not trade for melo, it was Dolan.
Walsh in all his years in Indy never made a move like we did with Amare. Never.
Do any of you now think, even in hindsight with all you know that Walsh would initialize a $100 million dollar deal over 5 years for a player PHX knew was defective?
Not insured? We knew he too was defective. What GM in their right mind would do this, let alone an owner? What owner takes that on?
Unless its what he wants.
This is the first suggestion I have heard that Walsh didn't do the Amare deal. If you trade away lottery picks, and first round picks to clear cap space to sign Lebron and possibly a second max player, you need to come away with something for all of those assets. I think the Amare deal was all Walsh. I also believe he has said that the Melo deal was on him but it was awhile ago. His goal was to get two superstars.

Not the first suggestion that I have read.

Walsh has literally come out and said he did the Amare deal and I still don't believe him, figuring he is pulling the old, savvy gm cover story for his old paycheck maker.

Walsh stated he pulled back on the melo trade because DENVER also wanted Mosgov, thats when Dolan jumped in and said here, take him and a 1st rounder..

He would only signed Amare if MDA approved of it knowing mDA and Amare didn't see eye to eye during the last season in phoenix.

Actually you are incorrect. Walsh stated relatively recently that he made the Melo trade. The Dolan involvement was never confirmed anywhere, unless i missed something.

The original post was where Nalod said Walsh wouldn't sign Amare, it had to be Dolan. I have never heard that before. Martin said he has heard that Dolan was the reason Amare was signed. I have never heard that but I do know Walsh traded the Knicks rookie lottery pick and a future first round pick to have the cap space to sign two max contracts. I think Walsh signed Amare so that he didn't come up empty handed after giving away so much to be a possible destination for Lebron. If there are any links that verify Dolan was behind tha Amare signing please post them.

Don't misquote me. All I said was no owner lets a GM, particularly one the league forced upon him to make 100mil decisions without his permission and involvement.
I never said who likes who, or who is to blame.
I never read a GM that ever blamed an owner for anything. Not sure if its unwritten law or what ever.
I just know that Dolan and the knicks have this stupid shyt starphuch thing despite the GM.
Walsh will always say "He" did the trade. Its how GM's talk.
I have stated its my opinion.

As for Knicks doing a Deron deal, I agree that would have happened. Perhaps at a lessor cost. Is that because Walsh would not have been able to help himself? I don't know. I suspect Dolan would have been upset Crosstown rival got a bigger star.

As for Terry Porter, lets get real, he works and lives in portland, and knicks are playing. There are plenty of times guys with relationships visit other teams. Coaches learn from each other.

This is the quote,
Nalod
Alba Posts: 151
Member: #508
USA
3/4/2018 9:27 AM
Why do most of you still think Walsh was the facilitator of the Melo deal?
Do any of you now think, even in hindsight with all you know that Walsh would initialize a $100 million dollar deal over 5 years for a player PHX knew was defective?
Not insured? We knew he too was defective. What GM in their right mind would do this, let alone an owner? What owner takes that on?

In regards to what gm in his right mind would do that? A GM that traded away a teams lottery pick and a future first rounder to open up cap space for a second max contract only to find himself in a position where none of his free agent targets wanted to sign with him.

When your boss says to make room, you do it.
AUTOADVERT
DJMUSIC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1283

3/8/2018  2:11 AM
Nalod wrote:http://www.ultimateknicks.com/outerlink.asp?id=143416295
Kind of bullshyt article knick fans love!
Got all the ingredients: Ex knick, has won before and would score a great contract! This is Larry, MDA and name that coach all over!

Do you know who the biggest surprise was? Riles!!! We all thought “showtime East” but he did the opposite! That’s why he succeeded! He did not bring a formula, he coached to what we had.

A Doc' will definitely FIX the Knicks
Amen, I like the idea

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
Kemet
Member: #6148

3/8/2018  5:05 PM
Pat Riley were our best head coach after Holzman!
Dolan makes all the decision making for the Knicks when it comes to all big contract players and hiring puppet GM n puppet head coaches to what players should b in the starting lineup or get the most minutes of playingtime to what part of the season We start TANKING the season away.

The Melo trade and all the Melo resigning were all Dolan doing.
The Derek Rose trade were all Dolan doing.
The Tim Hardaway signing were all Dolan doing.

Remember .. All the reason why Pat Riley QUIT on the Knicks after tacking the Knicks to the FINALS !!!

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/8/2018  6:06 PM
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:Why do most of you still think Walsh was the facilitator of the Melo deal?
This is the first suggestion I have heard that Walsh didn't do the Amare deal. If you trade away lottery picks, and first round picks to clear cap space to sign Lebron and possibly a second max player, you need to come away with something for all of those assets. I think the Amare deal was all Walsh. I also believe he has said that the Melo deal was on him but it was awhile ago. His goal was to get two superstars.

Walsh has literally come out and said he did the Amare deal and I still don't believe him, figuring he is pulling the old, savvy gm cover story for his old paycheck maker.

Walsh stated he pulled back on the melo trade because DENVER also wanted Mosgov, thats when Dolan jumped in and said here, take him and a 1st rounder..

He would only signed Amare if MDA approved of it knowing mDA and Amare didn't see eye to eye during the last season in phoenix.

Actually you are incorrect. Walsh stated relatively recently that he made the Melo trade. The Dolan involvement was never confirmed anywhere, unless i missed something.

The original post was where Nalod said Walsh wouldn't sign Amare, it had to be Dolan. I have never heard that before. Martin said he has heard that Dolan was the reason Amare was signed. I have never heard that but I do know Walsh traded the Knicks rookie lottery pick and a future first round pick to have the cap space to sign two max contracts. I think Walsh signed Amare so that he didn't come up empty handed after giving away so much to be a possible destination for Lebron. If there are any links that verify Dolan was behind tha Amare signing please post them.

Don't misquote me. All I said was no owner lets a GM, particularly one the league forced upon him to make 100mil decisions without his permission and involvement.
I never read a GM that ever blamed an owner for anything. Not sure if its unwritten law or what ever.
I just know that Dolan and the knicks have this stupid shyt starphuch thing despite the GM.

As for Knicks doing a Deron deal, I agree that would have happened. Perhaps at a lessor cost. Is that because Walsh would not have been able to help himself? I don't know. I suspect Dolan would have been upset Crosstown rival got a bigger star.

As for Terry Porter, lets get real, he works and lives in portland, and knicks are playing. There are plenty of times guys with relationships visit other teams. Coaches learn from each other.

This is the quote,
Nalod
USA

In regards to what gm in his right mind would do that? A GM that traded away a teams lottery pick and a future first rounder to open up cap space for a second max contract only to find himself in a position where none of his free agent targets wanted to sign with him.

Walsh's plan all along was to clear cap space. He made the Zbo and Craw deals very ealry into his tenure. Everyone knew his plan. That is part of the reason he got taken to the cleaners to clear cap space.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/8/2018  6:23 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

This is the quote,
Nalod
USA

Walsh's plan all along was to clear cap space. He made the Zbo and Craw deals very ealry into his tenure. Everyone knew his plan. That is part of the reason he got taken to the cleaners to clear cap space.

If LeBron had signed, we would be singing a different tune. Unfortunately when you are on a deadline to clear cap space, corners have to be cut. Perry was able to get a good deal for Melo, in spite of his NTC, because he had more time to haggle.

What I thought Walsh really screwed up was the draft that got us Jordan Hill. We know who he really wanted to draft.

Considering the makeup of the roster at the time, should have done his homework, and come up with a much better plan B. The draft looked like it was treated as an afterthought next to getting LeBron.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/8/2018  6:52 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

This is the quote,
Nalod
USA

If LeBron had signed, we would be singing a different tune. Unfortunately when you are on a deadline to clear cap space, corners have to be cut. Perry was able to get a good deal for Melo, in spite of his NTC, because he had more time to haggle.

What I thought Walsh really screwed up was the draft that got us Jordan Hill. We know who he really wanted to draft.

Considering the makeup of the roster at the time, should have done his homework, and come up with a much better plan B. The draft looked like it was treated as an afterthought next to getting LeBron.

Jordan Hill the # 8th pick overall...SMH... I remember ppl on here singing the same tune they are singing about frank now. He was going to be this athletic shot blocking, post up webber type PF. Looking at the History of the 8th pick it's been all role players at best

ES
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/8/2018  7:04 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

This is the quote,
Nalod
USA

In other words, he [Jim Dolan] called me at a certain point... he was out there, and I was reading about it and all that… and he said 'Well here's what it's gonna take, and I don't think it'll get done if you don't do this.' And it was the deal kinda that got done. And he said - might've been the same or another phone call - and he said, 'Look Donnie, I'm not a basketball guy. I can't make this decision. So this is your decision.' And I said 'Ok, I wanna call Mike D'Antoni.' Mike didn't really wanna do it either. And I thought, "We're never gonna get a guy like Carmelo Anthony if we don't do this deal… and so I'm gonna do it." And I made up my mind. I kinda knew I'd have to give up Gallinari, who I loved, and Wilson Chandler who I loved too. I thought any deal we were gonna do to get Carmelo that was gonna happen. But I didn't like giving up Moz, and I didn't like giving up, uh… the little point guard.

At the end of the day, that trade was a wash, they never did anything with the players they got, and we never did much with MELO.

In fact with how quick Amare broke down, and wilson and danilo's injury history, Mosgov never amounting to much..I say walsh won the trade.

ES
Perfect head coach!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy