[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Perfect head coach!
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
3/4/2018  11:30 AM
Nalod wrote:Why do most of you still think Walsh was the facilitator of the Melo deal?
Walsh did not trade for melo, it was Dolan.
Walsh in all his years in Indy never made a move like we did with Amare. Never.
Do any of you now think, even in hindsight with all you know that Walsh would initialize a $100 million dollar deal over 5 years for a player PHX knew was defective?
Not insured? We knew he too was defective. What GM in their right mind would do this, let alone an owner? What owner takes that on?
Unless its what he wants.
This is the first suggestion I have heard that Walsh didn't do the Amare deal. If you trade away lottery picks, and first round picks to clear cap space to sign Lebron and possibly a second max player, you need to come away with something for all of those assets. I think the Amare deal was all Walsh. I also believe he has said that the Melo deal was on him but it was awhile ago. His goal was to get two superstars.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/4/2018  2:58 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:Why do most of you still think Walsh was the facilitator of the Melo deal?
Do any of you now think, even in hindsight with all you know that Walsh would initialize a $100 million dollar deal over 5 years for a player PHX knew was defective?
Not insured? We knew he too was defective. What GM in their right mind would do this, let alone an owner? What owner takes that on?
This is the first suggestion I have heard that Walsh didn't do the Amare deal. If you trade away lottery picks, and first round picks to clear cap space to sign Lebron and possibly a second max player, you need to come away with something for all of those assets. I think the Amare deal was all Walsh. I also believe he has said that the Melo deal was on him but it was awhile ago. His goal was to get two superstars.

Who made the decisions then? Team owner. Think about the scenario, who determines to clear the decks to sign Lebron? The owner. GM works for the owner. Walsh was thrust upon by the league to not make knicks the embarassement they were. Owner says create cap space, then there is a price to pay.
Don’t sign Lebron, who determines to bring in a star? Walsh, who build Indy in a methodical fashion or the starphuch king?
As a fan and a well read fan what do you really think?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/4/2018  3:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Not the first suggestion that I have read.

Walsh has literally come out and said he did the Amare deal and I still don't believe him, figuring he is pulling the old, savvy gm cover story for his old paycheck maker.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
USA
3/4/2018  5:01 PM
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Who made the decisions then? Team owner. Think about the scenario, who determines to clear the decks to sign Lebron? The owner. GM works for the owner. Walsh was thrust upon by the league to not make knicks the embarassement they were. Owner says create cap space, then there is a price to pay.
Don’t sign Lebron, who determines to bring in a star? Walsh, who build Indy in a methodical fashion or the starphuch king?
As a fan and a well read fan what do you really think?

i think he struck out on the other superstars and signed Amare. Walsh and many other GSM were all targeting the summer of 2010 to try and sign Lebron.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/4/2018  6:14 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Walsh has literally come out and said he did the Amare deal and I still don't believe him, figuring he is pulling the old, savvy gm cover story for his old paycheck maker.

Walsh stated he pulled back on the melo trade because DENVER also wanted Mosgov, thats when Dolan jumped in and said here, take him and a 1st rounder..

He would only signed Amare if MDA approved of it knowing mDA and Amare didn't see eye to eye during the last season in phoenix.

ES
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/4/2018  6:19 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
TLover wrote:If Dolan didn’t push for Melo and allowed D’antoni to play his style.. we’d have the perfect coach for todays nba. Obviously missing out on Curry hurt but we were on the right track.
Unfortunately ******* face ruined it.

You have to wonder if Walsh might of landed us Harden from OKC had we not blown our assets on Melo

Walsh traded the Knicks rookie lottery pick, and the 2012(?) first round pick to get Jared Jeffries contract off the books. He also signed Amare to a deal that no one else was offering and could not be insured because Amare's knees were so bad. I just can't see him beating out Darryl Morey on the Harden deal.

Well when you frame it like that my proposal does seem less likely

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
USA
3/5/2018  12:37 PM

GM's always speak for the team. Ever hear a GM blame the owner for a stupid signing? Of course not.
Owners don't throw GM's under the bus, they are just relieved of duties.
How many GM's have the autonomy to make $100,000,000 decisions without the owners blessing?
Layden did not want to do the Marbury deal and it might have contributed to his dismissal. Read that deal was on his desk before he was made gone.
For the 100th time, GM'S FOLLOW THE OWNERS INSTRUCTIONS!!!
Hockey, Baseball and Football have much larger rosters, practice squads, minor league, etc making the owners involvement much diluted. Basketball teams are far simpler for an owner to intervene.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/6/2018  9:46 AM
Hmmm...maybe a future candidate..

From the Post..

University of Portland coach Terry Porter watched the Knicks practice. The Blazers point-guard legend worked with Knicks GM Scott Perry in Detroit.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/6/2018  10:54 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Hmmm...maybe a future candidate..

From the Post..

University of Portland coach Terry Porter watched the Knicks practice. The Blazers point-guard legend worked with Knicks GM Scott Perry in Detroit.

Oh, interesting.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/6/2018  11:10 AM
martin wrote:

From the Post..

Oh, interesting.

that is completely uninspiring, dude has been completely removed from the league since 2014 and before that his run as head-coach was not even average. if we're going with a retread, id much rather it be mark jackson.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/6/2018  12:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/6/2018  12:43 PM
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:

From the Post..

Oh, interesting.

that is completely uninspiring, dude has been completely removed from the league since 2014 and before that his run as head-coach was not even average. if we're going with a retread, id much rather it be mark jackson.

I'd just assume keep Horny over Porter or Jax... I think we need someone who excels at player development, which is not Horny. I'm not interested in change for change's sake though, and either Porter or Jackson feels like a typical Knicks move to get a backpage

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

3/6/2018  1:05 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:

From the Post..

Oh, interesting.

I'd just assume keep Horny over Porter or Jax... I think we need someone who excels at player development, which is not Horny. I'm not interested in change for change's sake though, and either Porter or Jackson feels like a typical Knicks move to get a backpage

Agreed with this...

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/6/2018  1:44 PM
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:

From the Post..

Oh, interesting.

Might just be an opportunity for Perry to get his guy in...His version of Herb Williams. Plus, Terry is a guy I'd want in-house if I needed to develop point guard prospects. He put up some numbers in his career.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/6/2018  2:51 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Walsh stated he pulled back on the melo trade because DENVER also wanted Mosgov, thats when Dolan jumped in and said here, take him and a 1st rounder..

He would only signed Amare if MDA approved of it knowing mDA and Amare didn't see eye to eye during the last season in phoenix.

Actually you are incorrect. Walsh stated relatively recently that he made the Melo trade. The Dolan involvement was never confirmed anywhere, unless i missed something.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/6/2018  3:02 PM
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Actually you are incorrect. Walsh stated relatively recently that he made the Melo trade. The Dolan involvement was never confirmed anywhere, unless i missed something.

Dolan was never involved with the Knicks. Also earth is flat, and stays on 3 elephants, which stationed on 3 wales...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/6/2018  3:14 PM
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

If we didn’t do the melo trade we would have done a deron Williams trade, for roughly the same package, which would have been even worse

CrushAlot
USA
3/6/2018  4:56 PM
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The original post was where Nalod said Walsh wouldn't sign Amare, it had to be Dolan. I have never heard that before. Martin said he has heard that Dolan was the reason Amare was signed. I have never heard that but I do know Walsh traded the Knicks rookie lottery pick and a future first round pick to have the cap space to sign two max contracts. I think Walsh signed Amare so that he didn't come up empty handed after giving away so much to be a possible destination for Lebron. If there are any links that verify Dolan was behind tha Amare signing please post them.
Nalod
USA
3/6/2018  5:52 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The original post was where Nalod said Walsh wouldn't sign Amare, it had to be Dolan. I have never heard that before. Martin said he has heard that Dolan was the reason Amare was signed. I have never heard that but I do know Walsh traded the Knicks rookie lottery pick and a future first round pick to have the cap space to sign two max contracts. I think Walsh signed Amare so that he didn't come up empty handed after giving away so much to be a possible destination for Lebron. If there are any links that verify Dolan was behind tha Amare signing please post them.

Don't misquote me. All I said was no owner lets a GM, particularly one the league forced upon him to make 100mil decisions without his permission and involvement.
I never said who likes who, or who is to blame.
I never read a GM that ever blamed an owner for anything. Not sure if its unwritten law or what ever.
I just know that Dolan and the knicks have this stupid shyt starphuch thing despite the GM.
Walsh will always say "He" did the trade. Its how GM's talk.
I have stated its my opinion.

As for Knicks doing a Deron deal, I agree that would have happened. Perhaps at a lessor cost. Is that because Walsh would not have been able to help himself? I don't know. I suspect Dolan would have been upset Crosstown rival got a bigger star.

As for Terry Porter, lets get real, he works and lives in portland, and knicks are playing. There are plenty of times guys with relationships visit other teams. Coaches learn from each other.

CrushAlot
USA
3/6/2018  6:31 PM
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Don't misquote me. All I said was no owner lets a GM, particularly one the league forced upon him to make 100mil decisions without his permission and involvement.
I never said who likes who, or who is to blame.
I never read a GM that ever blamed an owner for anything. Not sure if its unwritten law or what ever.
I just know that Dolan and the knicks have this stupid shyt starphuch thing despite the GM.
Walsh will always say "He" did the trade. Its how GM's talk.
I have stated its my opinion.

As for Knicks doing a Deron deal, I agree that would have happened. Perhaps at a lessor cost. Is that because Walsh would not have been able to help himself? I don't know. I suspect Dolan would have been upset Crosstown rival got a bigger star.

As for Terry Porter, lets get real, he works and lives in portland, and knicks are playing. There are plenty of times guys with relationships visit other teams. Coaches learn from each other.

This is the quote,
Nalod
Alba Posts: 151
USA
3/4/2018 9:27 AM
Why do most of you still think Walsh was the facilitator of the Melo deal?

In regards to what gm in his right mind would do that? A GM that traded away a teams lottery pick and a future first rounder to open up cap space for a second max contract only to find himself in a position where none of his free agent targets wanted to sign with him.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/6/2018  7:38 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:

From the Post..

Oh, interesting.

Might just be an opportunity for Perry to get his guy in...His version of Herb Williams. Plus, Terry is a guy I'd want in-house if I needed to develop point guard prospects. He put up some numbers in his career.

Herb was on another level. Like a character out of Game of Thrones.

Of course the usual Porter haters show up. Cant you guys give it a rest for once!!

Wouldnt mind Porter as an asst. Might help our backcourt.

If they dont bring back Hornacek, Im getting the feeling Perry/Mills might consider promoting Gaines to Head Coach.

Perfect head coach!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy