[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Early Kudos to Perry
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

2/27/2018  2:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2018  2:54 PM
If anything, Perry is the one that has shown...He knows what he's doing as opposed to the newspaper comment made by Big Chief Triangle back in the day.

Showed faith in D Dotson and Frank (albeit a project but high ceiling) not including them in any trades
Signed Beasley for peanuts who for at least a month was the best player on the knicks
Signed Jack for peanuts who was the starting PG considering others were projects and he provided stability for half a season
Signed Burke for peanuts and eventually brought him from G-League to Knicks who is looking like a firecracker out there

No buyout of Melo, No buyout of Noah. Melo did the smart thing by saying I'll leave to go to a contender. Noah did the stupid thing by saying I am not leaving any salary on the table. He'll probably never play in the NBA again, because which GM wants to deal with that attitude in the future.

So far Perry has converted Melo into Enes Kanter, Doug McDermott and a 2018 second-round pick via the Bulls. Dougie then converted to Mudiay.

That gave us $5 mill in savings with better post play - kanter + mudiay = 23 mill vs Melo's 28 mill salary for next year
Kanter my guess is will opt out to earn more money...I can totally see an Eastern Conf team signing him and that would be an additional 18.5 mill in savings because i am pretty sure we are not going to sign him as bad as his defense is for over 20 mill.

If that happens...we will have saved a total of 23.5 mill by trading Melo, gained Mudiay, whose vision is really really good and is a pass first quick offense PG playing better than Ntilikina at this point. But can we not see a 2 PG-starting set in the future that works because they both have the length to defend SGs? Mudiay will have to pick up his defense for sure. But having 2 starting guards both with vision and defense? Wow this could be a good future.

Add Burke who has been unstoppable recently on offense.

Add to this a Bulls 2nd rounder which would be low 30s overall considering where Bulls are in standings.
We are looking more and more set at both guard positions every day

The starting SF role is the one weak position for us and we need a "Troy Williams with a jumper" type of dude.
2 second round picks were given when we picked Hernangomez, 2 second round picks were gained when we traded him...back to even.

and he's still not getting playing time on charlotte's bench. maybe 1/4th of what he was getting here.

I can see Perry completely revamping this roster by the next pre-season.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
2/27/2018  2:55 PM
Perry did not have anything to do with drafting Frank or Dotson. Phil did that
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Cartman718

2/27/2018  2:56 PM
BigRedDog wrote:Perry did not have anything to do with drafting Frank or Dotson. Phil did that

Updated it before you posted this :)

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/27/2018  3:05 PM
He turned Melo into Kanter, Mudiay, and a 2nd round pick. That alone deserves major kudos under the circumstances.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/27/2018  3:22 PM
It is what it is, but I can't give kudos to anyone after watching the knicks over the last 7 wks. We have some of the lowest IQ players in the NBA. Ultimately Mills has to sign off on everything Perry does. Its funny how Mill
was the GM when Phil was the president, and never was recognized for anything, it was all pills doing, now everything seems to be a Perry decision, when its actually mills making the moves..

I will never be happy with any of these moves until it results in a winning season, I'm not even talking championship, just am actually above 500 record to finish the season. Right now we are teaching our Young's how to lose games

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/27/2018  4:08 PM
Cartman718 wrote:If anything, Perry is the one that has shown...He knows what he's doing as opposed to the newspaper comment made by Big Chief Triangle back in the day.

Showed faith in D Dotson and Frank (albeit a project but high ceiling) not including them in any trades
Signed Beasley for peanuts who for at least a month was the best player on the knicks
Signed Jack for peanuts who was the starting PG considering others were projects and he provided stability for half a season
Signed Burke for peanuts and eventually brought him from G-League to Knicks who is looking like a firecracker out there

No buyout of Melo, No buyout of Noah. Melo did the smart thing by saying I'll leave to go to a contender. Noah did the stupid thing by saying I am not leaving any salary on the table. He'll probably never play in the NBA again, because which GM wants to deal with that attitude in the future.

So far Perry has converted Melo into Enes Kanter, Doug McDermott and a 2018 second-round pick via the Bulls. Dougie then converted to Mudiay.

That gave us $5 mill in savings with better post play - kanter + mudiay = 23 mill vs Melo's 28 mill salary for next year
Kanter my guess is will opt out to earn more money...I can totally see an Eastern Conf team signing him and that would be an additional 18.5 mill in savings because i am pretty sure we are not going to sign him as bad as his defense is for over 20 mill.

If that happens...we will have saved a total of 23.5 mill by trading Melo, gained Mudiay, whose vision is really really good and is a pass first quick offense PG playing better than Ntilikina at this point. But can we not see a 2 PG-starting set in the future that works because they both have the length to defend SGs? Mudiay will have to pick up his defense for sure. But having 2 starting guards both with vision and defense? Wow this could be a good future.

Add to this a Bulls 2nd rounder which would be low 30s overall considering where Bulls are in standings.

The starting SF role is the one weak position for us and we need a "Troy Williams with a jumper" type of dude.
2 second round picks were given when we picked Hernangomez, 2 second round picks were gained when we traded him...back to even.

and he's still not getting playing time on charlotte's bench. maybe 1/4th of what he was getting here.

You don't have to guess at the bolded, you can check out all of the contracts and salaries for all teams and surmise which exact teams even have space, need a C.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/

I don't see too many teams having space or wanting Kanter.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/27/2018  4:16 PM
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:If anything, Perry is the one that has shown...He knows what he's doing as opposed to the newspaper comment made by Big Chief Triangle back in the day.

You don't have to guess at the bolded, you can check out all of the contracts and salaries for all teams and surmise which exact teams even have space, need a C.

Agree... I see not market for Enes. IF he's smart he just opts in and figures it out next year
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Cartman718

2/27/2018  5:19 PM
knicks1248 wrote:It is what it is, but I can't give kudos to anyone after watching the knicks over the last 7 wks. We have some of the lowest IQ players in the NBA. Ultimately Mills has to sign off on everything Perry does. Its funny how Mill
was the GM when Phil was the president, and never was recognized for anything, it was all pills doing, now everything seems to be a Perry decision, when its actually mills making the moves..

I will never be happy with any of these moves until it results in a winning season, I'm not even talking championship, just am actually above 500 record to finish the season. Right now we are teaching our Young's how to lose games

are you kidding me? half of those weeks was without KP of course you want to lose during that stretch. what exactly are you accomplishing with a .5 record with your best player gone for the season.
lowest IQ players? lol lol name me a few players who you see in knicks future that will be part of future that appears. i wonder what you had to say about melo's 50+ win season here and how that ended. remembrer...he was never going to be part of future.

"right now we are teaching our Youngs how to lose games"...teaching them how to lose really...is that what you got out of the first half of yesterdays game against NBA champs? or were you expecting a miracle win without the unicorn.

Cartman718

2/27/2018  5:22 PM
martin wrote:

what about bulls suns kings
martin
USA
2/27/2018  5:26 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:

what about them?

How about you tell us why Kanter would go there and why those teams would want Kanter

Cartman718

2/27/2018  5:34 PM
lopez portis dont really strike fear into opposing centers or show consistency
koufos and WCS...gimme a break
hawks front line...see kings issues...
suns ...need starting C

why kanter would go...coz he'd get paid simple. He should know that whatever his stats were this year will be diminished next year after KP comes back. KP at center makes sense for Knicks...God forbid if Noah actually apologizes and makes an appearance. His defense is still better than Kanter's. If KOQ gets a Knick contract, Kanter knows he won't be re-signed.

why those teams would want him...he's a walking double double and with their putrid shooting several opportunities for putbacks which kanter excels at....they'd be getting their money's worth.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
2/27/2018  5:38 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:

The market for centers has dried up. No one is paying Kanter much re than the $18 mil his is set to earn. He is going to opt in and try free agency next year. Team should make peace with Noah and play him and Kanter at center next year with that rookie as the third stringer. Perry has done a solid job though. If Burke proves he can hold up defensively, he should win the starting job. He was a good find.

Trust the Process
martin
USA
2/27/2018  7:35 PM
Cartman718 wrote:lopez portis dont really strike fear into opposing centers or show consistency
koufos and WCS...gimme a break
hawks front line...see kings issues...
suns ...need starting C

why kanter would go...coz he'd get paid simple. He should know that whatever his stats were this year will be diminished next year after KP comes back. KP at center makes sense for Knicks...God forbid if Noah actually apologizes and makes an appearance. His defense is still better than Kanter's. If KOQ gets a Knick contract, Kanter knows he won't be re-signed.

why those teams would want him...he's a walking double double and with their putrid shooting several opportunities for putbacks which kanter excels at....they'd be getting their money's worth.

Don't think you are really give this a fair shake or are looking at full team makeup/salary. Just one example with Chicago, next year they will have at center:

Lopez: $14.3M
Asik: $11.2M
Cristiano Felicio: $8.4M

Total: $34M

With Lauri Markkanen, Noah Vonleh, Bobby Portis at PF, all under rookie contracts (Noah is RFA).

Your reasoning, twice now, does not pass the simple-check test

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/27/2018  8:48 PM
TheGame wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:

The market for centers has dried up. No one is paying Kanter much re than the $18 mil his is set to earn. He is going to opt in and try free agency next year. Team should make peace with Noah and play him and Kanter at center next year with that rookie as the third stringer. Perry has done a solid job though. If Burke proves he can hold up defensively, he should win the starting job. He was a good find.

Agree about the market. I think O'Quinn opts out but it will be interesting to see what kind of offers he gets.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/27/2018  9:54 PM
Knixkik wrote:He turned Melo into Kanter, Mudiay, and a 2nd round pick. That alone deserves major kudos under the circumstances.
He brought in Jack, Burke, and Beasley for no assets on team friendly deals. He has done very well in a short time.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
2/28/2018  3:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/28/2018  3:58 PM
Perry has done a great job. We were about to buy out Melo and instead we got a number of assets for him. He signed contributors to the team for basically nothing and no cap hit. The Willy trade is the only thing that is questionable, but it may well have been the right thing to do. The FO is exhibiting a patience and poise we haven't seen in a decade and a half.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/28/2018  4:48 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
TheGame wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:

Agree about the market. I think O'Quinn opts out but it will be interesting to see what kind of offers he gets.

I think KOQ opts out too and resigns a long-term deal similar to the one he got before. The market is really bad right now. Who is giving a backup center (a very good one) more than 4-5 mil per year. The mid level is so high it will be for guys who can play multiple positions/6th man types. I think if he secures another 4 year deal in the 16-20M range he grabs it. Kanter will opted in, and once again because the market overall is bad, and the market for low-post centers is even worse, we have a great opportunity to bring him back on a team-friendly deal in 2 years. We saw Lou Williams, a borderline all-star sign for 3 years-21M because he is afraid of the market. He is an elite scoring guard and the market won't be great in the next 2 summers at least. Kanter, though younger, won't be much better off considering the lack of money teams want to spend and lack of need for centers.
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/28/2018  7:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/28/2018  7:18 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:He turned Melo into Kanter, Mudiay, and a 2nd round pick. That alone deserves major kudos under the circumstances.
He brought in Jack, Burke, and Beasley for no assets on team friendly deals. He has done very well in a short time.

I'm not sure I follow you, We lost 8 in row, we blew a 27 point lead @ home, we lost to the worst team (atl) @ home after blowing a lead,we have had some really embarrassing moments, so they haven't really made a difference...

The problem with those guys, their all in the wrong roles, and i really like burke.

ES
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
2/28/2018  7:38 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I'm not sure I follow you, We lost 8 in row, we blew a 27 point lead @ home, we lost to the worst team (atl) @ home after blowing a lead,we have had some really embarrassing moments, so they haven't really made a difference...

The problem with those guys, their all in the wrong roles, and i really like burke.

Ok, what should have he done and accomplished turing his short tenure here thus far? What moves would you have made that he missed?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/1/2018  8:26 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

1. Team friendly deals means “low cost and low commitment’
2. “Under the circumstances”, that’s because knicks don’t have assets to burn.
3. “Short time”, its relative to the time line, but he has not been employed here a long time.

Not to hard right?

Wrong roles? Beas at PF, Jack played really well to earn his starting role. Losss?
Let’s see, that usually occurs when the other team scores more points.
I really like Burke too!

Early Kudos to Perry

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy