Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/27/2018  10:00 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
Mike1989 wrote:If he takes a prove it contract, then he's worth the risk at a low price rather than giving O'Quinn $8-10+ million year. Maybe he finds a home here like Trey Burke potentially has? Worst case scenario Noel flames out here on a one or two year deal. Best case scenario he reaches his potential and becomes a very good rim protector and rebounder to take some defensive pressure off KP.

He did take a prove it contract this past year

I wouldn't give him big money or a lot of years... I don't think Noel has proven to deserve anything more than a prove-it deal. But maybe he would take a KOQ type of deal?

Noel's advanced stats were good in Philly. I think Noel looks worse than he is because he's a defensive player on the Mavs... if the Knicks are buying low on guys like Burke, Mudiay (and Williams) I wouldn't be entirely opposed. A former lotto defensive pogo stick would be, in theory, a nice backup to KP and Kanter.

I am not a huge noel fan but he does seemingly fit the target profile of players that Perry is trying to acquire

He does one thing well that I'd like to see on our roster...he defends the PnR fairly well for a big. Plus he can also defend the rim and finish. Not saying we should sign him, but it's something to consider if our contract needs and his match-up. Also, there's a good chance that the best available player at out draft position is a big. If that's the case, then the move probably doesn't make sense. But we mind as well keep all our options open at this point.

honestly, I think it boils down to one thing - can he develop a jumpshot? he's worth a flier if management thinks he can. if he can't he's in the same baot as Okafor: two decades too late

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
Nerlens Noel. Unrestricted at Year end

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy