[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Nerlens Noel. Unrestricted at Year end
Author Thread
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
2/25/2018  5:05 PM
NN is an elite defensive rim presence, blocks 1.4 per game and is 23 years of age. What do you say gentleman? Wanna take a flyer on Noel?
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/25/2018  5:25 PM
Nah
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Paris907
USA
2/25/2018  5:51 PM
EnySpree wrote:Nah

EnY... I said gentleman. Just Messin with you. If OQuinn is gone and Noah is gone and Kanter is gone, (or not), we will need live bigs to remain competitive. This guy was drafted very high and is youn enough to take a flyer on at the right price.

EnySpree

2/25/2018  6:03 PM
Paris907 wrote:

EnY... I said gentleman. Just Messin with you. If OQuinn is gone and Noah is gone and Kanter is gone, (or not), we will need live bigs to remain competitive. This guy was drafted very high and is youn enough to take a flyer on at the right price.

Noel is one of those low iq players everyone keeps raving about. He's the same player he was when he got drafted. Hasn't gotten stronger or smarter. Still looking like Beaker from the muppets

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/25/2018  7:11 PM
Why, do you like having our cap space be tied into overpaid, low IQ, flawed players
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
EnySpree

2/25/2018  7:42 PM
Jmpasq wrote:Why, do you like having our cap space be tied into overpaid, low IQ, flawed centers

Fixed

rammagen
Member: #5756

2/25/2018  7:45 PM
for the right price yes. for 2 simple reasons
1 he was screwed in Philly. they drafted center after center something can be worng wiht the players but it seemed like they were not interested developing their players. You have be an elite physical player before they even try
2 I do know what is happening in Dallas but I think Dirk's farwell has also screwed him ad that team is dirk concentric and they both play center. yes I would love for him to develop a shot but his defense would help the knock if KOQ walks
Paris907
USA
2/25/2018  9:32 PM
rammagen wrote:for the right price yes. for 2 simple reasons
1 he was screwed in Philly. they drafted center after center something can be worng wiht the players but it seemed like they were not interested developing their players. You have be an elite physical player before they even try
2 I do know what is happening in Dallas but I think Dirk's farwell has also screwed him ad that team is dirk concentric and they both play center. yes I would love for him to develop a shot but his defense would help the knock if KOQ walks

An intelligent response. Many thanks

Paris907
USA
2/25/2018  9:38 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Paris907 wrote:NN is an elite defensive rim presence, blocks 1.4 per game and is 23 years of age. What do you say gentleman? Wanna take a flyer on Noel?

If the Knicks need a pivot, and that's a HUGE IF and it's likely Noah is stuck on this roster and Kanter is going to opt into his option, they'd be better off mining Tier 5 of free agency as the big man market will have sort of a glut and there will be bargains somewhere or using one of their lower draft picks for a cost controlled prospect.

Another issue, Noel is represented by Rich Paul/Klutch Sports. Which means he's basically represented by LeBron James. Who the league just lets say whatever he wants in the press about players under contract to other teams but represented by Klutch. Do you really want LBJ weighing in on EVERY last little thing regarding Noel and the Knicks when his dolt peabrain decides it's a good idea?

The answer is maybe. Depends on the cost, years and risk. He'd be an interesting one year deal, but if he was going to sign a one year deal, he'd do so with a team with a chance to make the playoffs. The Knicks really need to see how their own situation with their own players shake out first.

Best answer - If there's a lesson here, it's that if a player wants a player option in his contract in the future, just let him walk. Better to let him walk than to be held hostage like this again.

Thanks. If Trey finishes strong and Frank and Mudiay develop, someone like Noel may think he’d see more time on the floor in New York and have opportunity to develop rather than be thrust into trial by fire. Price will determine and Perry should know what he’s doing. He clearly likes athletic long athletes who are young and possibly underdeveloped. NN fits the bill. Meanwhile Lebron has more to think about than NN as he now has his own younger nucleus to worry about.

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/26/2018  5:53 AM
rammagen wrote:for the right price yes. for 2 simple reasons

There were rumblings about his attitude and/or maturity when with the Sixers, then this whole thing with the Mavs doesn't help dispel this. Basically he's spent the whole season (and a contract year) sulking (bought a hot dog at half time during a game). It's a huge red flag- even if you feel hard done by in contract extension negotiations, you at least play hard during your contract year as you're going to be a free agent, to not do so raises huge questions about someones maturity/attitude, I think.

I might try him out on a small contract but I wouldn't stump up big money.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/26/2018  7:42 AM
Forget his draft position and now look at the large enough sample to evaluate him as he is.
He turned down 4 years $70 mil at the seasons start offer from Cuban.
I think at some point you have to look at him objectively.
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/26/2018  9:40 AM
I've never been a fan

on the flip side, there's a real chance our only center next year is Noah. Enes and KOQ may both be gone

(5)(5)
Mike1989
Member: #8627

2/26/2018  10:17 AM
If he takes a prove it contract, then he's worth the risk at a low price rather than giving O'Quinn $8-10+ million year. Maybe he finds a home here like Trey Burke potentially has? Worst case scenario Noel flames out here on a one or two year deal. Best case scenario he reaches his potential and becomes a very good rim protector and rebounder to take some defensive pressure off KP.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/26/2018  10:26 AM
Mike1989 wrote:If he takes a prove it contract, then he's worth the risk at a low price rather than giving O'Quinn $8-10+ million year. Maybe he finds a home here like Trey Burke potentially has? Worst case scenario Noel flames out here on a one or two year deal. Best case scenario he reaches his potential and becomes a very good rim protector and rebounder to take some defensive pressure off KP.

He did take a prove it contract this past year

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/26/2018  11:17 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Paris907 wrote:

Noel is one of those low iq players everyone keeps raving about. He's the same player he was when he got drafted. Hasn't gotten stronger or smarter. Still looking like Beaker from the muppets

I thought his hair was more Sideshow Bob.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/26/2018  11:41 AM
martin wrote:
Mike1989 wrote:If he takes a prove it contract, then he's worth the risk at a low price rather than giving O'Quinn $8-10+ million year. Maybe he finds a home here like Trey Burke potentially has? Worst case scenario Noel flames out here on a one or two year deal. Best case scenario he reaches his potential and becomes a very good rim protector and rebounder to take some defensive pressure off KP.

I wouldn't give him big money or a lot of years... I don't think Noel has proven to deserve anything more than a prove-it deal. But maybe he would take a KOQ type of deal?

Noel's advanced stats were good in Philly. I think Noel looks worse than he is because he's a defensive player on the Mavs... if the Knicks are buying low on guys like Burke, Mudiay (and Williams) I wouldn't be entirely opposed. A former lotto defensive pogo stick would be, in theory, a nice backup to KP and Kanter.

I am not a huge noel fan but he does seemingly fit the target profile of players that Perry is trying to acquire

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/26/2018  12:15 PM
I'm really not interested in any big who can't shoot from the perimeter, I'll give Kanter the exception because he's a beast in the paint and he has heart and soul.
ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/26/2018  1:37 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

I wouldn't give him big money or a lot of years... I don't think Noel has proven to deserve anything more than a prove-it deal. But maybe he would take a KOQ type of deal?

Noel's advanced stats were good in Philly. I think Noel looks worse than he is because he's a defensive player on the Mavs... if the Knicks are buying low on guys like Burke, Mudiay (and Williams) I wouldn't be entirely opposed. A former lotto defensive pogo stick would be, in theory, a nice backup to KP and Kanter.

I am not a huge noel fan but he does seemingly fit the target profile of players that Perry is trying to acquire

He does one thing well that I'd like to see on our roster...he defends the PnR fairly well for a big. Plus he can also defend the rim and finish. Not saying we should sign him, but it's something to consider if our contract needs and his match-up. Also, there's a good chance that the best available player at out draft position is a big. If that's the case, then the move probably doesn't make sense. But we mind as well keep all our options open at this point.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Mike1989
Member: #8627

2/26/2018  7:39 PM
martin wrote:

True, but he's not been given an opportunity: 18 games, 6 starts, 225 minutes.

His per 36 are actually ok he's averaging 11.5 points, 11.7 rebounds and 1.6 blocks. If he could replicate that production he would have value. But to do that he needs to be on a team that actually plays him. It's like being critical of Okafor. The 76ers stopped using him and the Nets aren't really giving him a fair shot.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/26/2018  9:37 PM
Mike1989 wrote:
martin wrote:

True, but he's not been given an opportunity: 18 games, 6 starts, 225 minutes.

His per 36 are actually ok he's averaging 11.5 points, 11.7 rebounds and 1.6 blocks. If he could replicate that production he would have value. But to do that he needs to be on a team that actually plays him. It's like being critical of Okafor. The 76ers stopped using him and the Nets aren't really giving him a fair shot.

Or you could say both players just aren’t showing up. Man both Noel and Okafor were given second chances and both are blowing them

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nerlens Noel. Unrestricted at Year end

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy