[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Treysanity!!!!
Author Thread
JesseDark
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #467
2/26/2018  6:46 PM
technomaster wrote:He looks kind of like Iverson out there... Or Isaiah Thomas.

Some of these players just need to be unleashed.

I don't mind losing this year and giving even minutes to the 3 pg's. He might earn the starting job next year.

I thought the same thing... Iverson

Bring back dee-fense
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/26/2018  7:56 PM
JesseDark wrote:
technomaster wrote:He looks kind of like Iverson out there... Or Isaiah Thomas.

Some of these players just need to be unleashed.

I don't mind losing this year and giving even minutes to the 3 pg's. He might earn the starting job next year.

I thought the same thing... Iverson

Looks like Iverson because of his braids not his game...

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/27/2018  9:49 AM
Trey has worked hard on defense. Its not enough... he's going to have to work harder. He's a shrimp. He's going to need to find a way to contribute on that end.

We know he can get his own shot. Can he run an offense? There are a couple of guys in the league who are allowed to dribble around, not run an offense and eventually find an easy bucket for himself or a teammate. Its not a winning style unless you are Westbrook and his teams have struggled to advance.

I like that he stripped down his game some, went through the D league and has come back better. I am not sold on him having any kind of high ceiling because of his size but can he be a good player for us? For sure. He strikes me as a great bench player on a winning team. A guy who can change the tempo, get buckets, get guys easy shots off his own offense and he takes good care of the ball.

He's also got a rep for being an a-hole but it sounds like there is some new found maturity there as well. We think these guys as such men, but they are babies between the ears in grown men's bodies.

Im happy for Burke and glad we have him. To me this is a nice sign the franchise is doing things right. Get lottery talent looking for a new scene, take some time to develop him, bring him up and we see the makings of a useful NBA player we got off the scrap heap. If he becomes more GREAT. If he's just a good scorer off the bench and backup PG than GREAT. Either way this is a great job by the FO and org. Very happy about his development.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/27/2018  10:21 AM
fishmike wrote:Trey has worked hard on defense. Its not enough... he's going to have to work harder. He's a shrimp. He's going to need to find a way to contribute on that end.

We know he can get his own shot. Can he run an offense? There are a couple of guys in the league who are allowed to dribble around, not run an offense and eventually find an easy bucket for himself or a teammate. Its not a winning style unless you are Westbrook and his teams have struggled to advance.

I like that he stripped down his game some, went through the D league and has come back better. I am not sold on him having any kind of high ceiling because of his size but can he be a good player for us? For sure. He strikes me as a great bench player on a winning team. A guy who can change the tempo, get buckets, get guys easy shots off his own offense and he takes good care of the ball.

He's also got a rep for being an a-hole but it sounds like there is some new found maturity there as well. We think these guys as such men, but they are babies between the ears in grown men's bodies.

Im happy for Burke and glad we have him. To me this is a nice sign the franchise is doing things right. Get lottery talent looking for a new scene, take some time to develop him, bring him up and we see the makings of a useful NBA player we got off the scrap heap. If he becomes more GREAT. If he's just a good scorer off the bench and backup PG than GREAT. Either way this is a great job by the FO and org. Very happy about his development.

Patty Mills does a great job off the bench for SAS in the role you exemplified.
Especially when Patty dons his hair in rows!

Lets not forget "Bad team stats are inflated" on losing teams. Burke is doing nice things on a not so good team right now.
Im not ready to hand him the keys for the next five years. But he can drive the car until "Frank the Blank" gets his license!!!

MS
Member: #724
2/27/2018  10:40 AM
I thought that Trey made a number of nice passes in the pick and roll last night. He's finding his spots and exploiting them.

26 points is 26 points especially when he did it back to back and then followed it up with another nice offensive game. We grabbed him out of the D League and he's been more consistent since he's been up then our 72MM shooting guard.

Bench scoring is important and just as important is the market correcting itself for an offseason when we can potentially sign burke and Beasley to reasonable contracts

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/27/2018  11:02 AM
MS wrote:I thought that Trey made a number of nice passes in the pick and roll last night. He's finding his spots and exploiting them.

26 points is 26 points especially when he did it back to back and then followed it up with another nice offensive game. We grabbed him out of the D League and he's been more consistent since he's been up then our 72MM shooting guard.

Bench scoring is important and just as important is the market correcting itself for an offseason when we can potentially sign burke and Beasley to reasonable contracts

Man, THJr sucks so bad IMO. The bad shots, the bad passes (for as many good passes/assists he makes). And what's with THJr and picks? Seems to me he FINDS picks and snuggles up to them for a good cuddle when he senses they are there instead of trying to avoid/go around.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
2/27/2018  12:00 PM
martin wrote:
MS wrote:I thought that Trey made a number of nice passes in the pick and roll last night. He's finding his spots and exploiting them.

Man, THJr sucks so bad IMO. The bad shots, the bad passes (for as many good passes/assists he makes). And what's with THJr and picks? Seems to me he FINDS picks and snuggles up to them for a good cuddle when he senses they are there instead of trying to avoid/go around.

You didnt even mention his worse attribute-- his defense. So BAD. He has no clue how to defend anyone and goes for every fake. Beasley is as bad on defense but at least he is only supposed to be a 6th man, Hardaway is our starting SG. We can't be successful with this kind of defense. Agreed on other points, some of his passes are so bad also. But Horny plays him 35 mins a game. Not deserving of that.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
2/27/2018  12:05 PM
fishmike wrote:Trey has worked hard on defense. Its not enough... he's going to have to work harder. He's a shrimp. He's going to need to find a way to contribute on that end.

Trey has a bad rep on defense. I actually don't think he is that bad. Clyde even mentioned a couple of times saying Trey was " adequate on defense" and later said he liked Treys defensive effort. Fans see what they want but I think Clyde tells it like it is. Clyde is not a homer and is critical of players if it warrants it.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/27/2018  6:14 PM
I am officially on the bandwagon. Yes, he reminds me of AI too. No, not because of the braids. His shot seems so smooth. Out to 3 point land it feels as if someone took a piece of silk and smothered it in butter. He has an effective hesitation followed by a super sharp first step. Finds teammates for easy gimmes. He D is just adequate. Pushes the tempo and attacks before the D is set. I am really excited about him, looks like the FO found a jem.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Ira
Member: #91
2/27/2018  6:29 PM
He's playing very well. If it continues, then it's more of a matter of his being improved than being on a hot streak. If it continues, he should be given the starting job. His defense is below average, but not terrible. We can live with that as long as he continues playing well offensively and working hard defensively.
Treysanity!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy