[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mudiay our new starting point guard?
Author Thread
Mike1989
Posts: 20094
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/21/2018
Member: #8627

2/23/2018  4:10 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Interesting article about the Payton trade. Apparently, Scott Skiles wanted no part of Payton when the Magic drafted him. This writer also says that Perry wasn't interested in Payton at the deadline and instead chose to trade for Mudiay.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-elfrid-payton-trade-orlando-magic-phoenix-suns-skiles-hennigan-20180208-story.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+orlandosentinel%2Fsports%2Fbasketball%2Fmagic+%28OrlandoSentinel.com+-+Orlando+Magic%29

It is not a good sign of a well run team when your veteran head coach tells the GM to not draft a player and they go ahead and do it. No wonder Skiles quit after one season if their hotheaded young general manager didn't listen to him. Ok sometimes the GM has to make a decision that might not go alongside what their head coach wants, but the Payton trade was always questionable because it sent a talented kid in Seris to the 76ers as well as giving them the rights back to their first round pick from this year.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Posts: 55908
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
2/23/2018  5:40 PM
Skiles is a tough hombre to have coach. I dig the tough as nails vibe he has, but its also not easy for him to survive regime changes and keep jobs.
Sometimes you just do what is asked of you by management. Skiles is not that kind of dude.
Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
CrushAlot
Posts: 56957
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
2/23/2018  5:54 PM
Nalod wrote:Skiles is a tough hombre to have coach. I dig the tough as nails vibe he has, but its also not easy for him to survive regime changes and keep jobs.
Sometimes you just do what is asked of you by management. Skiles is not that kind of dude.
I think Skiles was hired despite what Hennigan wanted. Skiles and Hennigan were in Orlando at the same time I believe.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
Nalod
Posts: 55908
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
2/23/2018  6:10 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:Skiles is a tough hombre to have coach. I dig the tough as nails vibe he has, but its also not easy for him to survive regime changes and keep jobs.
Sometimes you just do what is asked of you by management. Skiles is not that kind of dude.
I think Skiles was hired despite what Hennigan wanted. Skiles and Hennigan were in Orlando at the same time I believe.

Who hired him? Yes, I get they were there the same time. I thought Skils was already in place. If not, stupid for DeVos to hire a guy not wanted by GM.

Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
GustavBahler
Posts: 34493
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

2/24/2018  9:05 AM
Skiles has a rep for burning out after a fast start. Didnt make sense to clear a long term decision with a coach who usually wears out his welcome after a few seasons. Remember watching Skiles set the assist record as a player. Wish our young PGs had the same chip on their shoulder. Burke has one, which allows him to put up numbers like we saw the last game.

This writer called it.
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/scott-skiles-hiring-orlando-limited-impact/story?id=31405481

Chandler
Posts: 22558
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

2/25/2018  12:40 PM

small sample size so far but very inconsistent. Sometimes he shows flash and promise with his passing, and then he follows that by taking a bad shot without his legs under him -- simply not smart if you're already struggling from midrange to compound that with poor selection

Also I never like to hear the excuse that he's out of starter shape because he was riding pine. That might be true, but he also avoided all the little nagging injuries that can pile up from playing more.

Anyway, I'll remain optimistic but ATM more excited to see Burke and hope he can play at least adequate D (which can be somewhat hidden when paired with Frank)

DJMUSIC: Fisher talked a good game in Post game but aside from that Derek Fisher was ALL CHIT CHAT SH_t and produced nothing!
Jmpasq
Posts: 23439
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

2/25/2018  8:00 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Alot of you guys seem to love Frank's career more than the Knicks success.... that's highly troubling

Guy who loves to move the ball and make his teammates better and is capable of elite defense.

And you keep saying he is a failure. THAT is troubling.

Now that I think about it’s better to start Mudiay it’s good for the tank. Ntlikina actually plays winning brand of basketball. Which might push the Knicks back in the draft order.

That's just not true and proves my point. Frank plays a winning brand of basketball? Just say you really like Frank above the Knicks as a team. It's better than saying stupid things like this. If he played a winning brand we'd be winning.... cue the +/- Stan with the research smdh


I would but it's pointless. Frank is a rookie. Mudiay has had three-year to prove that he sucks. Will he get better? Hope so. But really, Mudiay is on the hot seat more than Frank at this point. If he doesn't show flashes his extension will be declined and who knows what happens from there. You see the flash, but many people see a guy who doesn't play winning basketball yet, if ever. You say it's case of the Nuggets choosing Murray over Mudiay. Really, they chose ancient Devin Harris over Mudiay. We have two prospects. Let them play and figure it out later.

+100


When the trade went down some nugget fans were upset with Mike Malone and how he had handled Mudiay's situation. He needed a fresh start. If players are who they are going to be at 21, Frank needs to get it in gear. His team has already brought in 2 more young point guards.

True! Another way to look at it is Frank is possibly the ONLY PG on the roster past next year and if both do well they may leave.

Frank has a lot to prove to himself and the Knicks over the next 2 seasons.


You truly believe Frank is a PG? From the day I first watched his game tape he has looked like a 2 guard with above average IQ and sub-par ball handling. I have a hard time visualizing the Knicks being successful with Frank as a lead guard. I think he could nice piece off the bench 20-25 minutes a night. Good player but when you have suffered for almost 20 years of crap basketball you want more with the 8th pck.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
martin
Posts: 47550
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
2/25/2018  8:26 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Alot of you guys seem to love Frank's career more than the Knicks success.... that's highly troubling

Guy who loves to move the ball and make his teammates better and is capable of elite defense.

And you keep saying he is a failure. THAT is troubling.

Now that I think about it’s better to start Mudiay it’s good for the tank. Ntlikina actually plays winning brand of basketball. Which might push the Knicks back in the draft order.

That's just not true and proves my point. Frank plays a winning brand of basketball? Just say you really like Frank above the Knicks as a team. It's better than saying stupid things like this. If he played a winning brand we'd be winning.... cue the +/- Stan with the research smdh


I would but it's pointless. Frank is a rookie. Mudiay has had three-year to prove that he sucks. Will he get better? Hope so. But really, Mudiay is on the hot seat more than Frank at this point. If he doesn't show flashes his extension will be declined and who knows what happens from there. You see the flash, but many people see a guy who doesn't play winning basketball yet, if ever. You say it's case of the Nuggets choosing Murray over Mudiay. Really, they chose ancient Devin Harris over Mudiay. We have two prospects. Let them play and figure it out later.

+100


When the trade went down some nugget fans were upset with Mike Malone and how he had handled Mudiay's situation. He needed a fresh start. If players are who they are going to be at 21, Frank needs to get it in gear. His team has already brought in 2 more young point guards.

True! Another way to look at it is Frank is possibly the ONLY PG on the roster past next year and if both do well they may leave.

Frank has a lot to prove to himself and the Knicks over the next 2 seasons.


You truly believe Frank is a PG? From the day I first watched his game tape he has looked like a 2 guard with above average IQ and sub-par ball handling. I have a hard time visualizing the Knicks being successful with Frank as a lead guard. I think he could nice piece off the bench 20-25 minutes a night. Good player but when you have suffered for almost 20 years of crap basketball you want more with the 8th pck.

Absolutely. His first instinct is to pass and create for others. How anyone sees that as translating to a SG is beyond me.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Chandler
Posts: 22558
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

2/26/2018  9:54 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Alot of you guys seem to love Frank's career more than the Knicks success.... that's highly troubling

Guy who loves to move the ball and make his teammates better and is capable of elite defense.

And you keep saying he is a failure. THAT is troubling.

Now that I think about it’s better to start Mudiay it’s good for the tank. Ntlikina actually plays winning brand of basketball. Which might push the Knicks back in the draft order.

That's just not true and proves my point. Frank plays a winning brand of basketball? Just say you really like Frank above the Knicks as a team. It's better than saying stupid things like this. If he played a winning brand we'd be winning.... cue the +/- Stan with the research smdh


I would but it's pointless. Frank is a rookie. Mudiay has had three-year to prove that he sucks. Will he get better? Hope so. But really, Mudiay is on the hot seat more than Frank at this point. If he doesn't show flashes his extension will be declined and who knows what happens from there. You see the flash, but many people see a guy who doesn't play winning basketball yet, if ever. You say it's case of the Nuggets choosing Murray over Mudiay. Really, they chose ancient Devin Harris over Mudiay. We have two prospects. Let them play and figure it out later.

+100


When the trade went down some nugget fans were upset with Mike Malone and how he had handled Mudiay's situation. He needed a fresh start. If players are who they are going to be at 21, Frank needs to get it in gear. His team has already brought in 2 more young point guards.


that's all fine, but the BigDaddy's point that Mudiay needs to prove himself at this point is 100% legit. Frank will still have a couple years before being in that situation.

In principle, I have no problem with the Knicks bringing in more players. We need talent. Maybe Mudiay is a great addition. Yay Knicks! At the moment, I see a lot of ill-advised shots and inconsistent D. Does he play winning basketball, in your opinion? He needs to prove himself. If he wanted my advice, I'd tell him that with his build he should be attacking the rim and drawing fouls, not dribbling into traffic and doing a turnaround fade away with no legs under him

DJMUSIC: Fisher talked a good game in Post game but aside from that Derek Fisher was ALL CHIT CHAT SH_t and produced nothing!
Chandler
Posts: 22558
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

2/26/2018  10:00 AM
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Alot of you guys seem to love Frank's career more than the Knicks success.... that's highly troubling

Guy who loves to move the ball and make his teammates better and is capable of elite defense.

And you keep saying he is a failure. THAT is troubling.

Now that I think about it’s better to start Mudiay it’s good for the tank. Ntlikina actually plays winning brand of basketball. Which might push the Knicks back in the draft order.

That's just not true and proves my point. Frank plays a winning brand of basketball? Just say you really like Frank above the Knicks as a team. It's better than saying stupid things like this. If he played a winning brand we'd be winning.... cue the +/- Stan with the research smdh


I would but it's pointless. Frank is a rookie. Mudiay has had three-year to prove that he sucks. Will he get better? Hope so. But really, Mudiay is on the hot seat more than Frank at this point. If he doesn't show flashes his extension will be declined and who knows what happens from there. You see the flash, but many people see a guy who doesn't play winning basketball yet, if ever. You say it's case of the Nuggets choosing Murray over Mudiay. Really, they chose ancient Devin Harris over Mudiay. We have two prospects. Let them play and figure it out later.

+100


When the trade went down some nugget fans were upset with Mike Malone and how he had handled Mudiay's situation. He needed a fresh start. If players are who they are going to be at 21, Frank needs to get it in gear. His team has already brought in 2 more young point guards.

True! Another way to look at it is Frank is possibly the ONLY PG on the roster past next year and if both do well they may leave.

Frank has a lot to prove to himself and the Knicks over the next 2 seasons.


You truly believe Frank is a PG? From the day I first watched his game tape he has looked like a 2 guard with above average IQ and sub-par ball handling. I have a hard time visualizing the Knicks being successful with Frank as a lead guard. I think he could nice piece off the bench 20-25 minutes a night. Good player but when you have suffered for almost 20 years of crap basketball you want more with the 8th pck.

Absolutely. His first instinct is to pass and create for others. How anyone sees that as translating to a SG is beyond me.

agree 100%. Not all point guards have to play like Kyrie, Westbrook, or Rose (when good).

Gary Payton was known more for his D, than his offense -- he was pretty good
George Hill played winning ball for the Spurs and Pacers -- he was pretty good.
Ron Harper, Dennis Johnson

Certainly he needs to improve his offensive game and handle, but there's nothing wrong with having a pass first, defensive point guard.

DJMUSIC: Fisher talked a good game in Post game but aside from that Derek Fisher was ALL CHIT CHAT SH_t and produced nothing!
LivingLegend
Posts: 21717
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 8/13/2007
Member: #1645

2/26/2018  12:46 PM
Interesting to read that last 2 games Mavs have moved DSJ off the ball to SG and having JJ Barea run the point.
Mudiay our new starting point guard?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.