[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mudiay our new starting point guard?
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Posts: 27795
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
2/22/2018  10:11 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:Looks like Knicks moving on from Phil’s guys. I still think Ntlikina is gonna get Willified. Like Insaid before Perry and JH think everything is better from another team than what is before them. Just another wrong move in the many wrong moves to come.
I disagree. One of the things Jeff said yesterday was that Frank was having a tough time playing over 20 minutes a night and that they would have to see if his knee would hold up
more minutes. Getting Mudiay for Buckets was opportunistic.

Yea he has basically stated before that Frank's strength and conditioning isn't NBA ready.

AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Posts: 30694
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/23/2002
Member: #247
USA
2/22/2018  10:15 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:Looks like Knicks moving on from Phil’s guys. I still think Ntlikina is gonna get Willified. Like Insaid before Perry and JH think everything is better from another team than what is before them. Just another wrong move in the many wrong moves to come.
I disagree. One of the things Jeff said yesterday was that Frank was having a tough time playing over 20 minutes a night and that they would have to see if his knee would hold up
more minutes. Getting Mudiay for Buckets was opportunistic.

The ideal situation would be to start both Ntlikina and Mudiay and move THJ to sf. Lee should be relegated to the bench. The reason to do this is it created a much better ball movement team. Burk can come in for either Ntlikina or Mudiay and also allows THJ and Lee to become interchangeable either at sg or sf.

The reason you want to start doing this is very simple these 23 games are going to be all about certain players becoming acclimated to each other in different lineups. The Knicks area really shytty organization that can’t get get out of their own way. They manage to make every year a different entity. There is no continuity whatsoever, next year they will throw another 4-5 players into the mix and it’s going to the same crap all over again. You guys got to remember Isiah Thomas add a lot of 25 and under players. Just adding young players doesn’t necessarily mean future success. These players have to be the right players preferably homegrown.

NYKBocker
Posts: 35508
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
2/22/2018  10:24 AM
EnySpree wrote:Alot of you guys seem to love Frank's career more than the Knicks success.... that's highly troubling

I think a lot guys equate Frank's successful career and the Knicks success as one and the same.

I am in that boat.

CrushAlot
Posts: 56545
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
2/22/2018  10:25 AM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:Looks like Knicks moving on from Phil’s guys. I still think Ntlikina is gonna get Willified. Like Insaid before Perry and JH think everything is better from another team than what is before them. Just another wrong move in the many wrong moves to come.
I disagree. One of the things Jeff said yesterday was that Frank was having a tough time playing over 20 minutes a night and that they would have to see if his knee would hold up
more minutes. Getting Mudiay for Buckets was opportunistic.

The ideal situation would be to start both Ntlikina and Mudiay and move THJ to sf. Lee should be relegated to the bench. The reason to do this is it created a much better ball movement team. Burk can come in for either Ntlikina or Mudiay and also allows THJ and Lee to become interchangeable either at sg or sf.

The reason you want to start doing this is very simple these 23 games are going to be all about certain players becoming acclimated to each other in different lineups. The Knicks area really shytty organization that can’t get get out of their own way. They manage to make every year a different entity. There is no continuity whatsoever, next year they will throw another 4-5 players into the mix and it’s going to the same crap all over again. You guys got to remember Isiah Thomas add a lot of 25 and under players. Just adding young players doesn’t necessarily mean future success. These players have to be the right players preferably homegrown.

I think Mudiay and Frank will see a lot of time on the floor together. But Jeff said yesterday Frank is having a tough time playing 20 minutes a game. Also, the NBA is different from when Isiah ran the Knicks. There are three extra roster spots plus two additional spots for two way players. Getting Mudiay for a guy that was gone after the season was a good move in my opinion. Burke was a d league guy and a free agent. Williams chose the Mnicks over other teams. I think that is huge last spring some draft prospects were reluctant to work out for the knicks. Players didn't want to come to ny because of the system and the management.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
Knixkik
Posts: 29467
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
2/22/2018  10:26 AM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:Looks like Knicks moving on from Phil’s guys. I still think Ntlikina is gonna get Willified. Like Insaid before Perry and JH think everything is better from another team than what is before them. Just another wrong move in the many wrong moves to come.
I disagree. One of the things Jeff said yesterday was that Frank was having a tough time playing over 20 minutes a night and that they would have to see if his knee would hold up
more minutes. Getting Mudiay for Buckets was opportunistic.

The ideal situation would be to start both Ntlikina and Mudiay and move THJ to sf. Lee should be relegated to the bench. The reason to do this is it created a much better ball movement team. Burk can come in for either Ntlikina or Mudiay and also allows THJ and Lee to become interchangeable either at sg or sf.

The reason you want to start doing this is very simple these 23 games are going to be all about certain players becoming acclimated to each other in different lineups. The Knicks area really shytty organization that can’t get get out of their own way. They manage to make every year a different entity. There is no continuity whatsoever, next year they will throw another 4-5 players into the mix and it’s going to the same crap all over again. You guys got to remember Isiah Thomas add a lot of 25 and under players. Just adding young players doesn’t necessarily mean future success. These players have to be the right players preferably homegrown.

It seems like Perry is on the same page as you, because he speaks about emphasizing continuity with a young core. Obviously adding young talent is necessary when possible, but i think we will see a similar team next season, with the addition of our 2018 picks and maybe a younger free agent such as Hezonja. But we will see a similar team next year. Porzingis, Kanter, Mudiay, Ntilikina, Hardaway, etc.

Vmart
Posts: 30694
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/23/2002
Member: #247
USA
2/22/2018  10:28 AM
EnySpree wrote:Alot of you guys seem to love Frank's career more than the Knicks success.... that's highly troubling

Frank’s career is as important as the Knicks success. His success is the Knicks success. Who is the next Knicks player you’re gonna throw under the bus. You gonna Get cozy with Mudiay maybe Burk. Mudiay a player that fell out of the rotation third stringer. Burk a player who had to go to the Gleague.

The grass ain’t greener bro. Mudiay and Burk are discarded players it’s not about age with these guys they are what they and that’s why their original teams moved on.

EnySpree
Posts: 44729
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

2/22/2018  10:42 AM
Vmart wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Alot of you guys seem to love Frank's career more than the Knicks success.... that's highly troubling

Frank’s career is as important as the Knicks success. His success is the Knicks success. Who is the next Knicks player you’re gonna throw under the bus. You gonna Get cozy with Mudiay maybe Burk. Mudiay a player that fell out of the rotation third stringer. Burk a player who had to go to the Gleague.

The grass ain’t greener bro. Mudiay and Burk are discarded players it’s not about age with these guys they are what they and that’s why their original teams moved on.

The same way Denver went a different direction with Mudiay and Jamaal Murray, the Knicks could do the same. The Knicks success doesn't fall on Frank's shoulders. If Frank doesn't pan out we could go in anther direction too... Mudiay was traded. He could fit here as it seems like he already is.... why is that a problem? It's because you value the success of Frank over the success of the team.

You know why I'm here....
knicks1248
Posts: 37231
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
2/22/2018  10:50 AM
Vmart wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Alot of you guys seem to love Frank's career more than the Knicks success.... that's highly troubling

Frank’s career is as important as the Knicks success. His success is the Knicks success. Who is the next Knicks player you’re gonna throw under the bus. You gonna Get cozy with Mudiay maybe Burk. Mudiay a player that fell out of the rotation third stringer. Burk a player who had to go to the Gleague.

The grass ain’t greener bro. Mudiay and Burk are discarded players it’s not about age with these guys they are what they and that’s why their original teams moved on.

You do realize frank is headed down that same path if he doesn't improve significantly by next season.

ES
Nalod
Posts: 55581
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
2/22/2018  10:52 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Alot of you guys seem to love Frank's career more than the Knicks success.... that's highly troubling

Frank’s career is as important as the Knicks success. His success is the Knicks success. Who is the next Knicks player you’re gonna throw under the bus. You gonna Get cozy with Mudiay maybe Burk. Mudiay a player that fell out of the rotation third stringer. Burk a player who had to go to the Gleague.

The grass ain’t greener bro. Mudiay and Burk are discarded players it’s not about age with these guys they are what they and that’s why their original teams moved on.

You do realize frank is headed down that same path if he doesn't improve significantly by next season.

By which timetable do you prescribe to?

Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
martin
Posts: 47316
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
2/22/2018  11:27 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Uptown wrote:Hopefully this is real...From what I've seen, Mudiay has the potential to be a better point guard in this league than Frank. Hornacek must see it to which is why Mudiay jumped ahead of Frank after so quickly. Nothing is permanent, so of course Frank can improve. With that said, I'm curious to see what Mudiay can do with the keys to team.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/emmanuel-mudiay-likely-to-replace-jarrett-jack-in-knicks-starting-lineup-1.16899311


I think Frank will get moved this off-season for an established vet, just my gut feeling.

You need a gut check

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Posts: 47316
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
2/22/2018  11:29 AM
EnySpree wrote:Alot of you guys seem to love Frank's career more than the Knicks success.... that's highly troubling

Guy who loves to move the ball and make his teammates better and is capable of elite defense.

And you keep saying he is a failure. THAT is troubling.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Posts: 37231
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
2/22/2018  11:30 AM
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Uptown wrote:Hopefully this is real...From what I've seen, Mudiay has the potential to be a better point guard in this league than Frank. Hornacek must see it to which is why Mudiay jumped ahead of Frank after so quickly. Nothing is permanent, so of course Frank can improve. With that said, I'm curious to see what Mudiay can do with the keys to team.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/emmanuel-mudiay-likely-to-replace-jarrett-jack-in-knicks-starting-lineup-1.16899311


I think Frank will get moved this off-season for an established vet, just my gut feeling.

You need a gut check

would you be upset if the knicks did that?

ES
Vmart
Posts: 30694
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/23/2002
Member: #247
USA
2/22/2018  11:44 AM
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Alot of you guys seem to love Frank's career more than the Knicks success.... that's highly troubling

Guy who loves to move the ball and make his teammates better and is capable of elite defense.

And you keep saying he is a failure. THAT is troubling.

Now that I think about it’s better to start Mudiay it’s good for the tank. Ntlikina actually plays winning brand of basketball. Which might push the Knicks back in the draft order.

newyorknewyork
Posts: 27795
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
2/22/2018  12:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/22/2018  12:00 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Uptown wrote:Hopefully this is real...From what I've seen, Mudiay has the potential to be a better point guard in this league than Frank. Hornacek must see it to which is why Mudiay jumped ahead of Frank after so quickly. Nothing is permanent, so of course Frank can improve. With that said, I'm curious to see what Mudiay can do with the keys to team.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/emmanuel-mudiay-likely-to-replace-jarrett-jack-in-knicks-starting-lineup-1.16899311


I think Frank will get moved this off-season for an established vet, just my gut feeling.

You need a gut check

would you be upset if the knicks did that?

They could have moved him for Elfrid Payton and didnt. Don't think they are looking to dump him. They most likely wont be willing to do so until next trade deadline or the one after that. If he doesn't show improvement. But at the same time, he is under a rookie contract so trading him for a higher priced player may nit be the best decision though would be in line with what the Knicks have done for the last 20 yrs.

Like Orlando should have kept Mario until he became an unrestricted FA just in case. His salary was pretty cheap. The potential was worth the price they were paying.

Frank is gonna be making 2-3mil over the next few yrs.

Potential vs salary.

GustavBahler
Posts: 34204
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

2/22/2018  12:10 PM
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Alot of you guys seem to love Frank's career more than the Knicks success.... that's highly troubling

Guy who loves to move the ball and make his teammates better and is capable of elite defense.

And you keep saying he is a failure. THAT is troubling.

Frank has the potential to be that player. I do wonder though if some posters would be as vociferous in their defense of a so-so season, if Frank was a pick of another regime?

What has been frustrating for me as a fan watching Frank is that the minutes have been there all season, and the needle really hasnt moved as far as elevating his game.

Wouldnt call it a big red flag, but a um..normal sized red flag. If Frank had been given sporadic minutes here and there, the lack of progress would be more understandable. Some of if might have to do with a nagging injury.

Really hope Frank looks at the starting PGs in this league, and tries to emulate what makes them elite. Wouldnt be suprised if the Knicks draft another PG as a plan B.

newyorknewyork
Posts: 27795
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
2/22/2018  12:13 PM
When you look at the things Frank could potentially bring to the table. Him becoming successful would be huge for the Knicks.

I want you guys to really sit back and think about what Frank could potentially do and be for the Knicks if he were to be successful. Also need to stop looking at Frank as just a PG. He is a dude that could possibly play 3 positions. And have a decent all-around game. And he will be developed as such either for us or another team. They want him to develop more PG skills now as part of his development so that he has those skills even if he is playing 2 or 3. That they could run Frank out there down the road with 2 SGs or 2 Forwards and go real big. while letting him handle the rock.

NBA is going to evolve more towards positionless bball. With freaks of nature playing all type of different positions and roles. We either become innovate ourselves or we get left behind.

martin
Posts: 47316
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
2/22/2018  12:47 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Alot of you guys seem to love Frank's career more than the Knicks success.... that's highly troubling

Guy who loves to move the ball and make his teammates better and is capable of elite defense.

And you keep saying he is a failure. THAT is troubling.

Frank has the potential to be that player. I do wonder though if some posters would be as vociferous in their defense of a so-so season, if Frank was a pick of another regime?

You are suggesting that our opinion of a player is influenced by WHO picked the player? That's quite shocking to me. Love Phil so much that someone's opinion of Frank is skewed or influenced? Not me anyway.

GustavBahler wrote:What has been frustrating for me as a fan watching Frank is that the minutes have been there all season, and the needle really hasnt moved as far as elevating his game.

Wouldnt call it a big red flag, but a um..normal sized red flag. If Frank had been given sporadic minutes here and there, the lack of progress would be more understandable. Some of if might have to do with a nagging injury.

Really hope Frank looks at the starting PGs in this league, and tries to emulate what makes them elite. Wouldnt be suprised if the Knicks draft another PG as a plan B.

So, one question for you: Of the rookies in the lottery this past year, which players have moved the needle across the span of the year? And of those, how have the lower aged ones fared?

How did KP fare his first year?

Knicks didn't draft Ben Simmons type player.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Posts: 37231
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
2/22/2018  12:49 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:When you look at the things Frank could potentially bring to the table. Him becoming successful would be huge for the Knicks.

I want you guys to really sit back and think about what Frank could potentially do and be for the Knicks if he were to be successful. Also need to stop looking at Frank as just a PG. He is a dude that could possibly play 3 positions. And have a decent all-around game. And he will be developed as such either for us or another team. They want him to develop more PG skills now as part of his development so that he has those skills even if he is playing 2 or 3. That they could run Frank out there down the road with 2 SGs or 2 Forwards and go real big. while letting him handle the rock.

NBA is going to evolve more towards positionless bball. With freaks of nature playing all type of different positions and roles. We either become innovate ourselves or we get left behind.

It's ok to wait for frank to develop if you have legit starters on your roster. If the knicks can move up in the draft and NAB a NBA ready wing, you have to sacrifice frank and the current 1st round..

ES
martin
Posts: 47316
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
2/22/2018  12:52 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:When you look at the things Frank could potentially bring to the table. Him becoming successful would be huge for the Knicks.

I want you guys to really sit back and think about what Frank could potentially do and be for the Knicks if he were to be successful. Also need to stop looking at Frank as just a PG. He is a dude that could possibly play 3 positions. And have a decent all-around game. And he will be developed as such either for us or another team. They want him to develop more PG skills now as part of his development so that he has those skills even if he is playing 2 or 3. That they could run Frank out there down the road with 2 SGs or 2 Forwards and go real big. while letting him handle the rock.

NBA is going to evolve more towards positionless bball. With freaks of nature playing all type of different positions and roles. We either become innovate ourselves or we get left behind.

It's ok to wait for frank to develop if you have legit starters on your roster. If the knicks can move up in the draft and NAB a NBA ready wing, you have to sacrifice frank and the current 1st round..

lol, uh no

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Posts: 37231
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
2/22/2018  1:00 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:When you look at the things Frank could potentially bring to the table. Him becoming successful would be huge for the Knicks.

I want you guys to really sit back and think about what Frank could potentially do and be for the Knicks if he were to be successful. Also need to stop looking at Frank as just a PG. He is a dude that could possibly play 3 positions. And have a decent all-around game. And he will be developed as such either for us or another team. They want him to develop more PG skills now as part of his development so that he has those skills even if he is playing 2 or 3. That they could run Frank out there down the road with 2 SGs or 2 Forwards and go real big. while letting him handle the rock.

NBA is going to evolve more towards positionless bball. With freaks of nature playing all type of different positions and roles. We either become innovate ourselves or we get left behind.

It's ok to wait for frank to develop if you have legit starters on your roster. If the knicks can move up in the draft and NAB a NBA ready wing, you have to sacrifice frank and the current 1st round..

lol, uh no

jesus, your in love with this kid, are you related?

ES
Mudiay our new starting point guard?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.