[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mudiay our new starting point guard?
Author Thread
Uptown
Posts: 27185
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

2/21/2018  7:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2018  7:13 PM
Hopefully this is real...From what I've seen, Mudiay has the potential to be a better point guard in this league than Frank. Hornacek must see it to which is why Mudiay jumped ahead of Frank after so quickly. Nothing is permanent, so of course Frank can improve. With that said, I'm curious to see what Mudiay can do with the keys to team.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/emmanuel-mudiay-likely-to-replace-jarrett-jack-in-knicks-starting-lineup-1.16899311

“It’s much more about the perception of the organization,” Fizdale said. “What I think we’ve done together with Steve [Mills] and Scott [Perry], Mr. Dolan and myself an
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Posts: 27185
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

2/21/2018  7:14 PM
*Our new point guard....
“It’s much more about the perception of the organization,” Fizdale said. “What I think we’ve done together with Steve [Mills] and Scott [Perry], Mr. Dolan and myself an
CrushAlot
Posts: 57482
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
2/21/2018  7:42 PM
I am really excited to see Mudiay and Williams. I skipped most of the all star stuff this year so I am dying to watch the Knicks. I liked Mudiay a lot in the draft. I am glad he is getting a chance on the Knicks.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
SupremeCommander
Posts: 32300
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

2/21/2018  7:47 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I am really excited to see Mudiay and Williams. I skipped most of the all star stuff this year so I am dying to watch the Knicks. I liked Mudiay a lot in the draft. I am glad he is getting a chance on the Knicks.

I'm not expecting much from anybody... so in a way I'm looking forward to the next bunch of games. Really no potential for let down and hopefully one, two, or more guys prove to be contributors. If we find our next Langston Galloway that would essentially salvage this train wreck for me

Nalod said: You had me at the first sentence. Then you asked us to be your emotional tampon.
arkrud
Posts: 31238
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
2/21/2018  8:03 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I am really excited to see Mudiay and Williams. I skipped most of the all star stuff this year so I am dying to watch the Knicks. I liked Mudiay a lot in the draft. I am glad he is getting a chance on the Knicks.

I'm not expecting much from anybody... so in a way I'm looking forward to the next bunch of games. Really no potential for let down and hopefully one, two, or more guys prove to be contributors. If we find our next Langston Galloway that would essentially salvage this train wreck for me

It was not a train wreck...
Miracle does not happened and Knicks looks like should be looking in first rebuilding year.
There is no free lunch.

He can teach them to meditate... but no one can control even his own mind...
CrushAlot
Posts: 57482
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
2/21/2018  8:55 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I am really excited to see Mudiay and Williams. I skipped most of the all star stuff this year so I am dying to watch the Knicks. I liked Mudiay a lot in the draft. I am glad he is getting a chance on the Knicks.

I'm not expecting much from anybody... so in a way I'm looking forward to the next bunch of games. Really no potential for let down and hopefully one, two, or more guys prove to be contributors. If we find our next Langston Galloway that would essentially salvage this train wreck for me

Mudiay and Burke were both lottery picks. Mudiay is really young. Have to hope these guys are a lot better then Langston. I believe both wee first team all rookies. Also, the knicks desperately need guts that can d up on the wing. Have to think Williams will help if he gets a chance.

You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
Nalod
Posts: 56395
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
2/21/2018  9:22 PM
Mudiay is in year 3 of his career, Frank in his first. He is a better NBA player today with still a big upside.
Is it “Manny” or “Frank”? Maybe one day, but for now to “Manny AND Frank”!

Lots of minutes for both. Either as players or trade fodder its good or Knicks for them both to succeed1!!

You don't show a fool a job half done!
EnySpree
Posts: 44758
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

2/21/2018  9:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2018  9:45 PM
59 games in and we've seen all were gonna see of Frank... He's gonna get better in the off season. He really should lay off the point guard stuff and really focus on being a 2 guard. He has too much to get right as a playmaker. He really needs to work on his offense... He's good at spot up shooting and stepping back on his jumpers. He should work on that and look to play off the ball. Mudiay in only 3 games showed he had all the point guard traits. He just needs to get better at them not learn them outright. He's just got to get sharper all around. He deserves to start
Checkout my podcast "diehardknickspodcast" on itunes, Google podcast, spotify, anchor and others
newyorknewyork
Posts: 28173
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
2/21/2018  9:56 PM
Jack is the one taking the back seat I believe. Frank is expected to maintain his role. He will probably get burn or pulled depending on how he is performing. He has to compete for backup PG and SG mins. Lee might get 20 mins per game going forward. Thjr will probably get around 24. And they will split time at SF. Frank will probably get some SF mins with 3 guard lineups.

This is all what we've been lead to believe based on the articles that have come out since all star break.

nixluva
Posts: 56240
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
2/21/2018  11:30 PM
EnySpree wrote:59 games in and we've seen all were gonna see of Frank... He's gonna get better in the off season. He really should lay off the point guard stuff and really focus on being a 2 guard. He has too much to get right as a playmaker. He really needs to work on his offense... He's good at spot up shooting and stepping back on his jumpers. He should work on that and look to play off the ball. Mudiay in only 3 games showed he had all the point guard traits. He just needs to get better at them not learn them outright. He's just got to get sharper all around. He deserves to start

TOTALLY disagree with this notion. Frank needs to keep playing PG as well as some SG but they need for him to get used to running plays and learning when to look to score as well as setup his teammates. It was known when he was drafted that he was raw offensively. That's no reason to just turn him into a spot up shooter when he has shown he can run PnR and make good passes. He gets caught in bad spots because he gets indecisive on whether to look to score or not. He's going to need to work in the offseason but these games can be of huge benefit for him with less of a quick hook from now on.

Mudiay is more comfortable with the ball which makes him look smoother but he's also got a lot to improve on in other areas. We're gonna need both of them to improve so let them work on the entirety of their games. The same with Burke. The same with Dotson. Just let these kids play, make mistakes and learn.

BigDaddyG
Posts: 26242
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

2/21/2018  11:41 PM
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:59 games in and we've seen all were gonna see of Frank... He's gonna get better in the off season. He really should lay off the point guard stuff and really focus on being a 2 guard. He has too much to get right as a playmaker. He really needs to work on his offense... He's good at spot up shooting and stepping back on his jumpers. He should work on that and look to play off the ball. Mudiay in only 3 games showed he had all the point guard traits. He just needs to get better at them not learn them outright. He's just got to get sharper all around. He deserves to start

TOTALLY disagree with this notion. Frank needs to keep playing PG as well as some SG but they need for him to get used to running plays and learning when to look to score as well as setup his teammates. It was known when he was drafted that he was raw offensively. That's no reason to just turn him into a spot up shooter when he has shown he can run PnR and make good passes. He gets caught in bad spots because he gets indecisive on whether to look to score or not. He's going to need to work in the offseason but these games can be of huge benefit for him with less of a quick hook from now on.

Mudiay is more comfortable with the ball which makes him look smoother but he's also got a lot to improve on in other areas. We're gonna need both of them to improve so let them work on the entirety of their games. The same with Burke. The same with Dotson. Just let these kids play, make mistakes and learn.


Yeah, if anything, this means we'll be seeing a lil more of Frank. If anyone is going to get shorted, it's likely Dotson.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Posts: 38051
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
2/22/2018  12:29 AM
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:59 games in and we've seen all were gonna see of Frank... He's gonna get better in the off season. He really should lay off the point guard stuff and really focus on being a 2 guard. He has too much to get right as a playmaker. He really needs to work on his offense... He's good at spot up shooting and stepping back on his jumpers. He should work on that and look to play off the ball. Mudiay in only 3 games showed he had all the point guard traits. He just needs to get better at them not learn them outright. He's just got to get sharper all around. He deserves to start

TOTALLY disagree with this notion. Frank needs to keep playing PG as well as some SG but they need for him to get used to running plays and learning when to look to score as well as setup his teammates. It was known when he was drafted that he was raw offensively. That's no reason to just turn him into a spot up shooter when he has shown he can run PnR and make good passes. He gets caught in bad spots because he gets indecisive on whether to look to score or not. He's going to need to work in the offseason but these games can be of huge benefit for him with less of a quick hook from now on.

Mudiay is more comfortable with the ball which makes him look smoother but he's also got a lot to improve on in other areas. We're gonna need both of them to improve so let them work on the entirety of their games. The same with Burke. The same with Dotson. Just let these kids play, make mistakes and learn.


Your going to be saying that until he's out of the league. How can he play SG when he only shoots about 5 times a wk
ES
Paris907
Posts: 21146
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/4/2015
Member: #6099
USA
2/22/2018  1:23 AM
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:59 games in and we've seen all were gonna see of Frank... He's gonna get better in the off season. He really should lay off the point guard stuff and really focus on being a 2 guard. He has too much to get right as a playmaker. He really needs to work on his offense... He's good at spot up shooting and stepping back on his jumpers. He should work on that and look to play off the ball. Mudiay in only 3 games showed he had all the point guard traits. He just needs to get better at them not learn them outright. He's just got to get sharper all around. He deserves to start

TOTALLY disagree with this notion. Frank needs to keep playing PG as well as some SG but they need for him to get used to running plays and learning when to look to score as well as setup his teammates. It was known when he was drafted that he was raw offensively. That's no reason to just turn him into a spot up shooter when he has shown he can run PnR and make good passes. He gets caught in bad spots because he gets indecisive on whether to look to score or not. He's going to need to work in the offseason but these games can be of huge benefit for him with less of a quick hook from now on.

Mudiay is more comfortable with the ball which makes him look smoother but he's also got a lot to improve on in other areas. We're gonna need both of them to improve so let them work on the entirety of their games. The same with Burke. The same with Dotson. Just let these kids play, make mistakes and learn.

Other than 59 games in I too disagree with the statements from EnY. Frank hit the rookie wall some time back. Yes his offensive game needs polishing and as Clyde often points out, he’s selfless to a fault. Before he’s 22, we will assess where his game is as so many players are maturing in their 3-4th year. As far as Mudiay is concerned, I see he’s often out of control on his drives, his handle is loose and I’m anxious to watch his bbiq. Let’s see if he plays D. If he doesn’t his tenure may be shorter than he thinks

Jmpasq
Posts: 23613
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

2/22/2018  7:58 AM
Uptown wrote:Hopefully this is real...From what I've seen, Mudiay has the potential to be a better point guard in this league than Frank. Hornacek must see it to which is why Mudiay jumped ahead of Frank after so quickly. Nothing is permanent, so of course Frank can improve. With that said, I'm curious to see what Mudiay can do with the keys to team.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/emmanuel-mudiay-likely-to-replace-jarrett-jack-in-knicks-starting-lineup-1.16899311


I think Frank will get moved this off-season for an established vet, just my gut feeling.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Uptown
Posts: 27185
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

2/22/2018  8:09 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Uptown wrote:Hopefully this is real...From what I've seen, Mudiay has the potential to be a better point guard in this league than Frank. Hornacek must see it to which is why Mudiay jumped ahead of Frank after so quickly. Nothing is permanent, so of course Frank can improve. With that said, I'm curious to see what Mudiay can do with the keys to team.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/emmanuel-mudiay-likely-to-replace-jarrett-jack-in-knicks-starting-lineup-1.16899311


I think Frank will get moved this off-season for an established vet, just my gut feeling.

Not sure they will give up on him so soon....however, judging from all the pg's Perry has brought in and the fact that Mudiay jumped over Frank in roation so quickly, management doesn't seem to be the believers in Frank that phil was. Just my opinion.

“It’s much more about the perception of the organization,” Fizdale said. “What I think we’ve done together with Steve [Mills] and Scott [Perry], Mr. Dolan and myself an
GustavBahler
Posts: 34948
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

2/22/2018  8:22 AM
Uptown wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Uptown wrote:Hopefully this is real...From what I've seen, Mudiay has the potential to be a better point guard in this league than Frank. Hornacek must see it to which is why Mudiay jumped ahead of Frank after so quickly. Nothing is permanent, so of course Frank can improve. With that said, I'm curious to see what Mudiay can do with the keys to team.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/emmanuel-mudiay-likely-to-replace-jarrett-jack-in-knicks-starting-lineup-1.16899311


I think Frank will get moved this off-season for an established vet, just my gut feeling.

Not sure they will give up on him so soon....however, judging from all the pg's Perry has brought in and the fact that Mudiay jumped over Frank in roation so quickly, management doesn't seem to be the believers in Frank that phil was. Just my opinion.

I think Frank is probably safe for the summer. Im guessing Perry wants to see if Frank comes back next season with some offense, before any moves are made. Not his pick, so Perry might not be as patient.

Willy said he was going to spend the summer working on his D. It got worse. Probably wants to see if Frank backs up the talk of improving.

Noticed that once Mudiay starts turning the ball over, things fall apart.

I hope Hornacek gives Mudiay the quick hook when it looks like he isnt playing focused. Might help him cut down on the turnovers.

Vmart
Posts: 30796
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/23/2002
Member: #247
USA
2/22/2018  9:46 AM
Looks like Knicks moving on from Phil’s guys. I still think Ntlikina is gonna get Willified. Like Insaid before Perry and JH think everything is better from another team than what is before them. Just another wrong move in the many wrong moves to come.
CrushAlot
Posts: 57482
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
2/22/2018  9:54 AM
Vmart wrote:Looks like Knicks moving on from Phil’s guys. I still think Ntlikina is gonna get Willified. Like Insaid before Perry and JH think everything is better from another team than what is before them. Just another wrong move in the many wrong moves to come.
I disagree. One of the things Jeff said yesterday was that Frank was having a tough time playing over 20 minutes a night and that they would have to see if his knee would hold up
more minutes. Getting Mudiay for Buckets was opportunistic.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
EnySpree
Posts: 44758
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

2/22/2018  9:55 AM
Alot of you guys seem to love Frank's career more than the Knicks success.... that's highly troubling
Checkout my podcast "diehardknickspodcast" on itunes, Google podcast, spotify, anchor and others
CrushAlot
Posts: 57482
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
2/22/2018  10:10 AM
Vmart wrote:Looks like Knicks moving on from Phil’s guys. I still think Ntlikina is gonna get Willified. Like Insaid before Perry and JH think everything is better from another team than what is before them. Just another wrong move in the many wrong moves to come.
Taking Frank out of the conversation, what Phil
Guys shouldn't the Knicks move on from. Noah, Lance, Baker, Lee, Rambis, KOQ?
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
Mudiay our new starting point guard?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.