[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Hornacek: We've moved on from Noah...
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/22/2018  8:30 AM
Sad to see one of my favorite players in the league before he became a Knick fall so far (with a 70 mill parachute).

Never liked the signing, Phil should have known better. His plan was sound right up to Rose/Noah.

AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/22/2018  10:05 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Sad to see one of my favorite players in the league before he became a Knick fall so far (with a 70 mill parachute).

Never liked the signing, Phil should have known better. His plan was sound right up to Rose/Noah.

I still don't have a clue what he was thinking with signing Noah for that contract. Noah was worth a 2 yr deal if he wanted to gamble on him.

I liked the Rose signing though for other reasons then acquiring Rose. As it freed up a ton of cap space before we blew a chunk of it on Noah. This past free agency we would have had the money we had to sign Hardaway Jr & the money that we gave to Noah. But attempting to win now with long term contract of a past prime player. And still end up losing anyway seems to every NYK presidents M.O.

Could have ate Carrolls contract for 2018 first & 2nd like they did with the Nets with that available money. Even with the THjr signing.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/22/2018  10:06 AM
smackeddog wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:I don't know why this ISN'T the plan:

If we buy him out. Could we still stretch his contract next offseason?

Nope, that's why it makes no sense to buy him out now. If we at least wait until the off-season then we can either trade him (unlikely) or stretch him if we need a bit extra space to sign a free agent (I don't want to stretch him but it's nice to have the option) or we can just buy him out, or we can keep him. Buying him out now robs you of all those options and gains you nothing.

Thanks

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
2/22/2018  10:14 AM
martin wrote:I don't know why this ISN'T the plan:

Things must be really bad between Noah and Jeff. The positive is the front office is supporting their coach. That didn't happen the last time Mills was in charge.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/22/2018  12:40 PM
5 days until the playoff eligable waiver deadline. Clock is ticking for Noah to decide his priorities for this season
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/22/2018  12:47 PM
Rookie wrote:5 days until the playoff eligable waiver deadline. Clock is ticking for Noah to decide his priorities for this season

For his career really

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/22/2018  1:17 PM
Rookie wrote:5 days until the playoff eligable waiver deadline. Clock is ticking for Noah to decide his priorities for this season

In Begley's article he said the organization wasn't considering stretching his contract.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/22/2018  1:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

In Begley's article he said the organization wasn't considering stretching his contract.

or waiving him. The knick are going to have do 1 or 2 things

1)fire JH
2)trade him for an equally bad contract, hopefully a useful player

This so reminds me of Marbury and MDA, next thing you know Noahs going to be sitting courtside with spike lee

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/22/2018  2:32 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

or waiving him. The knick are going to have do 1 or 2 things

1)fire JH
2)trade him for an equally bad contract, hopefully a useful player

This so reminds me of Marbury and MDA, next thing you know Noahs going to be sitting courtside with spike lee

this is nothing like Marbury and there are more than the 2 options you listed.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/22/2018  3:19 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Sad to see one of my favorite players in the league before he became a Knick fall so far (with a 70 mill parachute).

I still don't have a clue what he was thinking with signing Noah for that contract. Noah was worth a 2 yr deal if he wanted to gamble on him.

I liked the Rose signing though for other reasons then acquiring Rose. As it freed up a ton of cap space before we blew a chunk of it on Noah. This past free agency we would have had the money we had to sign Hardaway Jr & the money that we gave to Noah. But attempting to win now with long term contract of a past prime player. And still end up losing anyway seems to every NYK presidents M.O.

Could have ate Carrolls contract for 2018 first & 2nd like they did with the Nets with that available money. Even with the THjr signing.

From what Ive read, Noah did a good job of selling Phil on a big contract. Showed what great shape he was in, sold Phil on his ability to impliment the Triangle. Judging by the very short time it took to get out of shape after inking the contract, Noah celebrated his last big deal in a big way.

This season Noah did the same thing he did his last season with the Bulls. Made a stink about PT.

Both of them I believe were signed at least in part because Phil got jealous of all the playoff talk without him in it, and went for a bad fix, a quick playoff fix, whatever you want to call it.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

2/22/2018  3:51 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

He actually didn't say we've moved on from Noah like the thread title says he did. He said "we've moved on" which could mean him and Noah have moved on from their petty argument or that he's moved on from talking about the Noah situation with the media or could of meant anything but he didn't say we've moved on from Noah.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/22/2018  5:09 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

He actually didn't say we've moved on from Noah like the thread title says he did. He said "we've moved on" which could mean him and Noah have moved on from their petty argument or that he's moved on from talking about the Noah situation with the media or could of meant anything but he didn't say we've moved on from Noah.

hmm, good catch, could be right

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Kemet
Member: #6148

2/22/2018  5:23 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:I don’t see Noah back this year
I don’t see Horny back next year.

Noah will be back next season under a new coach.

I hope so .. i want Noah to mentor KP"s passing skills n defensive positioning.
Noah has prove to me he don't want to participate in seasonally TANKING!!!

Hornacek: We've moved on from Noah...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy