[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

When KP officially returns
Author Thread
fishmike
Posts: 48678
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
2/20/2018  4:36 PM
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:This draft is incredibly important. KP is an unknown. Is he the dude that lit the court on fire in November, or the 'I'm tired' KP from December? Cause if I'm betting, the more solid bet is the tired KP- we've seen that more than his short month of dominating play.

Frank, our last draft pic, looks like a deer in head lights. Flashes of potential, but dude is a project and in 2 years, might well be jettisoned like Mudiay was to here.

For all the progress I thought we had, it sure seems like we're back to square 1.

Which comes first, winning culture or winning talent?

I am definitely a glass half full type of person and see the exact opposite of your take.

For KP, it's all about his recovery, body growth and injuries/injury prevention. Still see a guy who needs to fill out a lot more and get stronger. Is ACL telling of things to come? Not for me; seemed like a fluke more than anything. If something along the same lines happens again... I'll definitely change my mind.

Read a lot of sarcastic posts about how many games the Knicks didn't win without Melo last year, seems like they are all bunk thinking but Knicks still don't have enough firepower with KP alone. KP's role did change and I thought his first month was telling about where he COULD go; 1 month is a very good start, especially for his body type/age, needs more of that and if comes back and does the same and has another month or so in the same season, I will stick to that same theory, but he does have to grow.

Frank does have deer in headlights look but he also has super brief flashes of D and passes that come out of nowhere. Good enough start but next year has to be a pretty significant jump otherwise I'll start to wane.

Knicks will likely come out with 2 more top-10 draft picks over next years, those need to be significant pieces, both of them.

For me, Knicks can't be at square 1 if they have KP, Frank and 2 more draft picks over next years; for me, that's a solid start. Managing the cap in that same time line will show us how this organization and FO will be perceived.

They will have additional parts as well. Dotson, Burke, Williams, Mudiay, Kornet.... they are working hard to develop young players. Good teams find these young undiscovered talents. Draymond Green and Ben Wallace... cant say we will ever be THAT lucky but if you follow the trend of what Perry is doing (and even Phil before that) they are working hard to get looks at young guys with upside. Not every good player in the league is a lottery pick. Finally I feel like we are at least in this game to mine of the undiscovered gems.
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Posts: 29467
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
2/20/2018  4:48 PM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:This draft is incredibly important. KP is an unknown. Is he the dude that lit the court on fire in November, or the 'I'm tired' KP from December? Cause if I'm betting, the more solid bet is the tired KP- we've seen that more than his short month of dominating play.

Frank, our last draft pic, looks like a deer in head lights. Flashes of potential, but dude is a project and in 2 years, might well be jettisoned like Mudiay was to here.

For all the progress I thought we had, it sure seems like we're back to square 1.

Which comes first, winning culture or winning talent?

I am definitely a glass half full type of person and see the exact opposite of your take.

For KP, it's all about his recovery, body growth and injuries/injury prevention. Still see a guy who needs to fill out a lot more and get stronger. Is ACL telling of things to come? Not for me; seemed like a fluke more than anything. If something along the same lines happens again... I'll definitely change my mind.

Read a lot of sarcastic posts about how many games the Knicks didn't win without Melo last year, seems like they are all bunk thinking but Knicks still don't have enough firepower with KP alone. KP's role did change and I thought his first month was telling about where he COULD go; 1 month is a very good start, especially for his body type/age, needs more of that and if comes back and does the same and has another month or so in the same season, I will stick to that same theory, but he does have to grow.

Frank does have deer in headlights look but he also has super brief flashes of D and passes that come out of nowhere. Good enough start but next year has to be a pretty significant jump otherwise I'll start to wane.

Knicks will likely come out with 2 more top-10 draft picks over next years, those need to be significant pieces, both of them.

For me, Knicks can't be at square 1 if they have KP, Frank and 2 more draft picks over next years; for me, that's a solid start. Managing the cap in that same time line will show us how this organization and FO will be perceived.

They will have additional parts as well. Dotson, Burke, Williams, Mudiay, Kornet.... they are working hard to develop young players. Good teams find these young undiscovered talents. Draymond Green and Ben Wallace... cant say we will ever be THAT lucky but if you follow the trend of what Perry is doing (and even Phil before that) they are working hard to get looks at young guys with upside. Not every good player in the league is a lottery pick. Finally I feel like we are at least in this game to mine of the undiscovered gems.

We have the beginning of a core and some other parts with the potential to fill out the backend of the rotation for cheap. The KP injury could be a blessing in disguise if we draft the right people the next 2 years, but obviously we won't be able to judge that for a few years.

nyk2017
Posts: 20021
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/19/2017
Member: #7538

2/20/2018  10:07 PM
That's a level of hope you can say about any team in the NBA. A lot has to break our way. Frank has to develop. KP not only comes back healthy, but also continues to improve. Remember, there were still a lot of holes in his game before getting injured. We need to absolutely hit a homerun in this draft and the next.
Knixkik
Posts: 29467
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
2/20/2018  10:47 PM
nyk2017 wrote:That's a level of hope you can say about any team in the NBA. A lot has to break our way. Frank has to develop. KP not only comes back healthy, but also continues to improve. Remember, there were still a lot of holes in his game before getting injured. We need to absolutely hit a homerun in this draft and the next.

Injured or not, most teams don't have a KP. That's the biggest difference.

HofstraBBall
Posts: 22710
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/21/2015
Member: #6192

2/27/2018  7:45 PM
Good to see KP walking around.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/27/kristaps-porzingis-spotted-with-fans-without-crutches/

fishmike Posts: 48006 Alba Posts: 1 Joined: 7/19/2002 Member: #298 USA 6/23/2016 12:35 PM fishmike worte" The dream? Would be Pg Rose SG GPII SF Durant PF Melo C Noah Bench: KP, Langston, KOQ, Clyde Frazier
Paris907
Posts: 21132
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/4/2015
Member: #6099
USA
2/27/2018  8:06 PM
EnySpree wrote:By the time KP is fully healthy it would basically be the start of the 2019/20 season. All things considered, Mudiay and Frank should be what their potential says they are. 23 and 21 years old... starting in the backcourt for us.

THJr will have to come off the bench.
Hardaway is gonna be 27, probably still streaky. He could be our John Starks.

Courtney Lee actually will still be under contract, but he'd be 34 on an expiring deal.

There's potential for Dotson... Troy Williams could stick. Possibly draft Kevin Knox or one of the Bridges kids... potentially another lotto pick in 2019.

Kornet could be in the mix at center.... Kanter will be 27 if he's still here.


Kp will be 25 years old... prime time.
We could seriously be back in business.

Most of the above is drivel.Thjr is proving to be what we didn’t want the ncluding horrific defensively, Mudiay is a low cost sample and management needs to determine if he is up to being turnover to assist ratio and defensive minded. His handle is shaky yet I’m willing to see him improve . Most surgeons of merit conclude that KP will need a year of play to determine what level of play he return to. Returning is only part one. He will have missed a lot of time. When you say he will be fully healthy, do you know something we don’t ?

Troy Williams Dotson Kornet Hicks. Could would should but take a flyer on maybe one cracking the rotation. KOQ will be long gone. If we draft a 5 then no reason to pay $18!MM to Kanter for matador defense and Jeff’s been reducing his PT in the 4th long before thebtank began. I like Burk as he is talking about putting in the time on defense we need a second scorer. If Tim is your second best player when KP comes back it’s trouble.

Hopefully Mudiay works out and we will have 3 young dynamic players in the backcourt. That includes your new Euro target Frank N.

Jmpasq
Posts: 23321
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

2/27/2018  8:31 PM
nyk2017 wrote:That's a level of hope you can say about any team in the NBA. A lot has to break our way. Frank has to develop. KP not only comes back healthy, but also continues to improve. Remember, there were still a lot of holes in his game before getting injured. We need to absolutely hit a homerun in this draft and the next.

When KP comes back he will still be 7'3" and injury prone. We need to get a superstar in this draft if we have any chance of being good in the next 3 years

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Kemet
Posts: 20846
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/23/2015
Member: #6148

2/27/2018  9:09 PM
Truth b said .. I really wish we would have traded KP !!!
There's so many young Big men I would trade KP for to tandem with Kanter or Quinn in the frontline to WIN games .. Markkanen Kuzma Gordon Jokic Saric Harris Mirotic Randle

Once the Knicks Head coach get the Big Man frontline straight on offense/defense having 4 reliable Bigs in the rotation (we only had two Bigs in the rotation this season Kanter n Quinn). We did not have a PF or stretch4 on the court this season .. what we had was a 7.3 soft SF KP, a so-call defensive backup SF Lance at the PF spot, or SF Beasley trying to play the stretch 4 spot, or hustling SF Mcderm trying to box out opponents big centers and PF.

When the coach get the BIG frontline rotatio straight .. then the coach could work on how to tandem the right PG n SG to work with the SF on the perimeter scoring and ball movement to get inside scoring from the two bigmen in the lineup.

Allanfan20
Posts: 33666
Alba Posts: 48
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #542
USA
2/27/2018  9:41 PM
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:By the time KP is fully healthy it would basically be the start of the 2019/20 season. All things considered, Mudiay and Frank should be what their potential says they are. 23 and 21 years old... starting in the backcourt for us.

THJr will have to come off the bench.
Hardaway is gonna be 27, probably still streaky. He could be our John Starks.

Courtney Lee actually will still be under contract, but he'd be 34 on an expiring deal.

There's potential for Dotson... Troy Williams could stick. Possibly draft Kevin Knox or one of the Bridges kids... potentially another lotto pick in 2019.

Kornet could be in the mix at center.... Kanter will be 27 if he's still here.


Kp will be 25 years old... prime time.
We could seriously be back in business.

I have heard some speculation that the smart move with KP might be to have him sit out all of the 18-19 season. My guess is he will be dying to get back on the court as soon as he can.

Hell be transformed like "the mountain" in "game of Thrones".

God we can only wish.

Title odds are 200:1. So you're saying there's a chance!
When KP officially returns

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.