[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Begley: Knicks interested in Troy Williams
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/20/2018  10:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/20/2018  10:26 AM
BigRedDog wrote:Who really expects Horny to play this guy over Lance? Lance shouldn't see the court again, Jack shouldn't either. Cut KOQ's minutes and start giving Kornet more of them. They should cut Jack but they won't. I bet Jack keeps starting or will be playing at least 10 wasted minutes every game. Horny doesn't care about a youth movement, he cares about his w/L record. Jerk

You would think they had meetings during the all star break. Perry wouldn't be bringing in young guys like this if his intent was to never play them. I can see Horny self preserving for a future gig. He's a guy with pride... but Perry clearly shifted our mindset to a full on rebuild now that KP is gone. We gotta see.... the rumors that Horny has a physical confrontation with Noah tried to go viral but it failed. It's a new day.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/20/2018  10:36 AM
EnySpree wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:Who really expects Horny to play this guy over Lance? Lance shouldn't see the court again, Jack shouldn't either. Cut KOQ's minutes and start giving Kornet more of them. They should cut Jack but they won't. I bet Jack keeps starting or will be playing at least 10 wasted minutes every game. Horny doesn't care about a youth movement, he cares about his w/L record. Jerk

You would think they had meetings during the all star break. Perry wouldn't be bringing in young guys like this if his intent was to never play them. I can see Horny self preserving for a future gig. He's a guy with pride... but Perry clearly shifted our mindset to a full on rebuild now that KP is gone. We gotta see.... the rumors that Horny has a physical confrontation with Noah tried to go viral but it failed. It's a new day.

It's only a 10 day, so I won't get my hopes up. I'm hopeful he gets minutes and works hard in practice. If not, bring the next guy up. He seems like a perfect 3 @ D fit tho.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
2/20/2018  10:54 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

It's only a 10 day, so I won't get my hopes up. I'm hopeful he gets minutes and works hard in practice. If not, bring the next guy up. He seems like a perfect 3 @ D fit tho.

I think Troy has a good shot to stick. We currently don’t have an athletic SF like him. He likes to run, drive and Dunk. That’s gonna add some excitement the fans will like. Coming from MDA I suspect he won’t be scared to put up shots or be aggressive. Should be interesting.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/20/2018  10:57 AM
https://www.thedreamshake.com/2018/2/19/17030870/former-rocket-troy-williams-signs-with-new-york-knicks-houston-rockets-nba
Highlights from the article:Rockets didn't want to get rid of Troy, Knicks were smart to get him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/20/2018  11:43 AM
There is a article out stating how we should cut Jack. That would free up another roster spot to give another guy a look.

Would that be the best long term move for the Knicks? Or would dumping him like that look bad on the org?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
USA
2/20/2018  11:57 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:There is a article out stating how we should cut Jack. That would free up another roster spot to give another guy a look.

Would that be the best long term move for the Knicks? Or would dumping him like that look bad on the org?

I think dumping him would be really bad. Maybe a Noah buyout is the better move if they want to open up another roster spot.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/20/2018  12:09 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:There is a article out stating how we should cut Jack. That would free up another roster spot to give another guy a look.

Hopefully they give Jack the option. He was Perry's guy. The right thing is just to be transparent. We want to look at the young guys and I cant promising playing time. We remain thrilled with your work and its not personal. If you want to stay we would love to have your leadership. If you want us to let you go so you can catch on a with a playoff team that needs depth at guard we will do that.

Should not be rocket science.

Troy Williams is a nice pickup. Get him in for a couple practices and go from there.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

2/20/2018  12:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I think dumping him would be really bad. Maybe a Noah buyout is the better move if they want to open up another roster spot.

There's no reason to buy out Noah even more so now that KP is done for this year and most, if not all of next year as well.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/20/2018  12:34 PM
fishmike wrote:

Hopefully they give Jack the option. He was Perry's guy. The right thing is just to be transparent. We want to look at the young guys and I cant promising playing time. We remain thrilled with your work and its not personal. If you want to stay we would love to have your leadership. If you want us to let you go so you can catch on a with a playoff team that needs depth at guard we will do that.

Should not be rocket science.

Troy Williams is a nice pickup. Get him in for a couple practices and go from there.

When KP got hurt Jack stated he wanted to stay despite the rebuild/ youth movement. He didn't care to go to a contender. Don't know if he changed his mind. But if this is the case then he isn't going anywhere unless Knicks decide to part ways.

For veteran guidance it makes sense. But with Frank, Mudiay, Burke now looking like they will get all the mins going forward. It's a roster spot that could be used to search for other needs.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/20/2018  12:44 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Would like to see Perry launch operation "Noah to Minny". Thibs has done a good job building and coaching the team. Still has a bit of a sentimental streak. If Noah came back and played like 80 percent of vintage Noah. Knicks might be able to work something out beneficial to both sides in the offseason.

Butler has lobbied for Noah as well. Noah needs to play for this to work. Really dont want to see Noah get a buyout.

This is where GMs prove themselves, cleaning up old mistakes.

CrushAlot
USA
2/20/2018  1:48 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Would like to see Perry launch operation "Noah to Minny". Thibs has done a good job building and coaching the team. Still has a bit of a sentimental streak. If Noah came back and played like 80 percent of vintage Noah. Knicks might be able to work something out beneficial to both sides in the offseason.

Butler has lobbied for Noah as well. Noah needs to play for this to work. Really dont want to see Noah get a buyout.

It would be really hard to match salaries and i think the Knicks would have to include an asset. If the Knicks wait until the end of the season and then stretch his deal it isn't quite as bad. If Noah wants to play this year he would need to give some money back. I didn't like how Jeff handled his minutes against the Warriors but coming in out of shape, getting caught using peds etc. is on Noah.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/20/2018  4:06 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

It would be really hard to match salaries and i think the Knicks would have to include an asset. If the Knicks wait until the end of the season and then stretch his deal it isn't quite as bad. If Noah wants to play this year he would need to give some money back. I didn't like how Jeff handled his minutes against the Warriors but coming in out of shape, getting caught using peds etc. is on Noah.

Depending on how things shake out, Minny might be short of second round picks for the next few years. Wouldnt be against Perry throwing in the ones we got for Willy if we got a contract back with a year less. Would set us up well for free agency.

Dont know if there is a contract that would make it work.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/20/2018  4:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/20/2018  5:01 PM
Great pick up by Perry. Wiiliams was impressive in the summer league and I remember hoping that
He got released and we somehow picked him up....Williams has a golden opportunity here...hopefully he takes advantage and hopefull horny gives him a chance...
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
2/20/2018  5:35 PM
... but will jeff play him? ... i tend to doubt it.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/20/2018  6:36 PM
anrst wrote:... but will jeff play him? ... i tend to doubt it.

Easy way to tell, right?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
2/20/2018  9:02 PM
anrst wrote:... but will jeff play him? ... i tend to doubt it.

Jeff seemed to say that the young guns will get more run now. He has nothing to lose now by playing them and everything to gain. It's established the vets can't win and continuing to try that will likely see him out after this season. But if one of the youngsters balls out, he'll save his job even without winning.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/21/2018  10:39 AM
Uptown wrote:Great pick up by Perry. Wiiliams was impressive in the summer league and I remember hoping that
He got released and we somehow picked him up....Williams has a golden opportunity here...hopefully he takes advantage and hopefull horny gives him a chance...
I expect a good look at Kornet, Hicks, Dotson, Williams, Burke, Mudiay and more of Frank.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
CrushAlot
USA
2/21/2018  1:15 PM
Uptown

2/21/2018  6:22 PM
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:Great pick up by Perry. Wiiliams was impressive in the summer league and I remember hoping that
I expect a good look at Kornet, Hicks, Dotson, Williams, Burke, Mudiay and more of Frank.

From your lips to Hornaceks ears.....

Uptown

2/21/2018  6:24 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Really excited about this signing...looking forward to seeing him get minutes!!

Begley: Knicks interested in Troy Williams

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy