[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kevin Knox, Mikal or Miles Bridges?
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

2/21/2018  5:05 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:lol - let's just call it the continued pattern of being one of those punk boys who just keeps kicking your airplane chair. is it that big of a deal, nahhh, but my god is it effing annoying. it's not jus tme he pulls it with others so he can talk a big game and pretend to be a man

anyway, Butler is a SG... not a SF/PF tweener
I'll give you PG (I've seen Knox and PG as comps btw)
Giannis was tall, but again SG/SF
and I don't for a second believe anyone ever saw Tayshuan Prince as a PF

maybe this got lost in translation but what I meant is i don't think very many *SF/PF tweeners* live up to the billing

PF by definition cant be a tweener. SF is what I was providing examples of. Butler plays SF routinely...has been throughout his career. Giannis strictly plays SF for his team, sometimes PF. Tayshaun - SF.

Reason why half this forum has been calling KP to become stronger because he's still a PF tweener.
so nothing ground breaking that you are saying there. you want your PF and C to be able to play back to basket to some extent. Kanter on our own team does it daily.

so most PFs would not live up to that billing...duh
SFs...i just talked about some current and recent examples, several more if you really start to dig.
and since when did SF/PFs become interchangeable. There's only 1 giannis and 1 lebron. SF probably is the most unique position these days.

There's more 2 PG sets these days, in other words PG SG interchangeability, and the same thing with PF and C.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/21/2018  7:15 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:lol - let's just call it the continued pattern of being one of those punk boys who just keeps kicking your airplane chair. is it that big of a deal, nahhh, but my god is it effing annoying. it's not jus tme he pulls it with others so he can talk a big game and pretend to be a man

anyway, Butler is a SG... not a SF/PF tweener
I'll give you PG (I've seen Knox and PG as comps btw)
Giannis was tall, but again SG/SF
and I don't for a second believe anyone ever saw Tayshuan Prince as a PF

maybe this got lost in translation but what I meant is i don't think very many *SF/PF tweeners* live up to the billing

PF by definition cant be a tweener. SF is what I was providing examples of. Butler plays SF routinely...has been throughout his career. Giannis strictly plays SF for his team, sometimes PF. Tayshaun - SF.

Reason why half this forum has been calling KP to become stronger because he's still a PF tweener.
so nothing ground breaking that you are saying there. you want your PF and C to be able to play back to basket to some extent. Kanter on our own team does it daily.

so most PFs would not live up to that billing...duh
SFs...i just talked about some current and recent examples, several more if you really start to dig.
and since when did SF/PFs become interchangeable. There's only 1 giannis and 1 lebron. SF probably is the most unique position these days.

There's more 2 PG sets these days, in other words PG SG interchangeability, and the same thing with PF and C.

I think you are slightly confused on what a tweener is or over thinking it. Obviously a PF is a PF. I'm not really sure what you are trying to say there. A SF/PF tweener is someone who has some attributes best suited for SF, other attributes best suited as a PF. For example, Miles Bridges has the ideal measurements and athleticism for SF but his skillset is best suited for PF. Hes effectively a 3.5

so yes you are providing examples for SF but I'm talking about a completely different subset of players. You can talk about SG/SF tweneers if you like but I am not talking abou those players at all. Jimmy Butler is a completely different type of player than Miles Bridges

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/21/2018  9:29 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:Miles is the dreaded SF/pf tweener - no thanks

I'd be happy with either of the other two.. I'd prefer Knox though. I guess you could call him a tweener too but he seems to see himself as a SF. Plus, when in don't you can't really go wrong with Kentucky

Are tweeners bad these days?

I guess it would depend on athleticism and being able to space floor as well as defend?

I like to think I have a pretty good handle on the draft. I don't remind everyone that I thought, for example, that we should have drafted Andrew Bynum etc but usually when I say I'm interested in a guy he ends up being a decent player. I think my posts here over the years have demonstrated that.

The SF/PF lottery tweener never really lives up to the hype in the NBA. In college there is such a disparity between the players physical abilities. When you are a physically gifted forward in the NCAA you can "play sf" and bully the other players. The lack of speed doesn't bite you in the ass. The guy that comes to mind (because he's on our team) is Michael Beasley. Definitely did not live up to the hype.

Other names that fit the bill: Jonathan Isaac, Jabari Parker, Anthony Bennett, Derrick Williams, Jan Vesley, Marcus Morris

Not all those names are trash, like Jabari Parker, but clearly the Bucks agree... he's getting half the minutes he used to get this year. They could've had Joel Embiid or Aaron Gordon

Back to my point: SF/PF tweeners look way better in college than they do in the pros. My observation is that it is way more pronounced when you are in between SF and PF than PG/SG or PF/C. When you think about it, it makes sense, because you need different skillsets on the perimeter and down low

Andrew Bynum was in the 2005 draft... you didn't start posting here till 2006. Get over yourself fam.

Btw Parker just came back from ACL injury, that's why he's getting half his minutes. Embiid is a walking injury and Gordon has been hurt all year.... please spare me the nostradomus dramatics

if you keep acting like a bitch I'll treat you like one you ****

Yeah I caught you lying and dropping false information and you start throwing the b & c word around. Sounds about right

dropping false information? wtf are you talking about you moron

Enough with the name calling man

consider it done - that said, part of the reason it's happening is because I have to stand up for myself, because you won't tell him to quit baiting me

How am I baiting you if I'm commenting on something you are saying? You are the one saying you told us we should have drafted Bynum when you weren't even posting here when he got drafted. Then you gonna say the Bucks were giving Jabari Parker less minutes because he sucks, but it's because he just came back from ACL injury.... you are the one saying dumb stuff then respond by calling me names... and I'm baiting you?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/21/2018  9:43 PM
The more I look at these 3 kids the more I start to like Knox and worry about Bridg3s playing the 3 at NBA level....at same time Mikal seems like a solid/safe pick but upside could be limited.

I think Knox has potential to maybe be best pure scorer in this draft.

Only 18.4....very smooth, long and is able to score in various ways. With combo of KP, Timmy, Kanter and Knox...we’d have some dynamic scoring and could fill around with defense/shooting. Knox doesn,t realize how much talent he has plus Calipari isn’t primo offensive coach IMO

SupremeCommander

2/21/2018  9:54 PM
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

I'd be happy with either of the other two.. I'd prefer Knox though. I guess you could call him a tweener too but he seems to see himself as a SF. Plus, when in don't you can't really go wrong with Kentucky

I guess it would depend on athleticism and being able to space floor as well as defend?

I like to think I have a pretty good handle on the draft. I don't remind everyone that I thought, for example, that we should have drafted Andrew Bynum etc but usually when I say I'm interested in a guy he ends up being a decent player. I think my posts here over the years have demonstrated that.

The SF/PF lottery tweener never really lives up to the hype in the NBA. In college there is such a disparity between the players physical abilities. When you are a physically gifted forward in the NCAA you can "play sf" and bully the other players. The lack of speed doesn't bite you in the ass. The guy that comes to mind (because he's on our team) is Michael Beasley. Definitely did not live up to the hype.

Other names that fit the bill: Jonathan Isaac, Jabari Parker, Anthony Bennett, Derrick Williams, Jan Vesley, Marcus Morris

Not all those names are trash, like Jabari Parker, but clearly the Bucks agree... he's getting half the minutes he used to get this year. They could've had Joel Embiid or Aaron Gordon

Back to my point: SF/PF tweeners look way better in college than they do in the pros. My observation is that it is way more pronounced when you are in between SF and PF than PG/SG or PF/C. When you think about it, it makes sense, because you need different skillsets on the perimeter and down low

Andrew Bynum was in the 2005 draft... you didn't start posting here till 2006. Get over yourself fam.

Btw Parker just came back from ACL injury, that's why he's getting half his minutes. Embiid is a walking injury and Gordon has been hurt all year.... please spare me the nostradomus dramatics

Yeah I caught you lying and dropping false information and you start throwing the b & c word around. Sounds about right

consider it done - that said, part of the reason it's happening is because I have to stand up for myself, because you won't tell him to quit baiting me

How am I baiting you if I'm commenting on something you are saying? You are the one saying you told us we should have drafted Bynum when you weren't even posting here when he got drafted. Then you gonna say the Bucks were giving Jabari Parker less minutes because he sucks, but it's because he just came back from ACL injury.... you are the one saying dumb stuff then respond by calling me names... and I'm baiting you?

so that's what got your panties in a bunch? lmao I wasn't patting myself on the back for Andrew Bynum... you really are dense

SupremeCommander

2/21/2018  9:56 PM
LivingLegend wrote:The more I look at these 3 kids the more I start to like Knox and worry about Bridg3s playing the 3 at NBA level....at same time Mikal seems like a solid/safe pick but upside could be limited.

Only 18.4....very smooth, long and is able to score in various ways. With combo of KP, Timmy, Kanter and Knox...we’d have some dynamic scoring and could fill around with defense/shooting. Knox doesn,t realize how much talent he has plus Calipari isn’t primo offensive coach IMO

that's exactly what I've been saying... better watch out!

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/22/2018  7:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/22/2018  7:54 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:The more I look at these 3 kids the more I start to like Knox and worry about Bridg3s playing the 3 at NBA level....at same time Mikal seems like a solid/safe pick but upside could be limited.

What do you guys think about Knox's jump shot, kind of has a weird release. He is a poor outside shooter who takes a lot of jump shots. I do like the fact he is a legit sized 3. His basketball IQ is weak. I do believe just on size and athletic ability he has the highest ceiling but I think he has a high chance of being a bust. Miles Bridges will have trouble guarding on the perimeter so to me he is out. To many teams play small, you need guys that can guard smaller players on the perimeter.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
2/22/2018  8:56 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

What do you guys think about Knox's jump shot, kind of has a weird release. He is a poor outside shooter who takes a lot of jump shots. I do like the fact he is a legit sized 3. His basketball IQ is weak. I do believe just on size and athletic ability he has the highest ceiling but I think he has a high chance of being a bust. Miles Bridges will have trouble guarding on the perimeter so to me he is out. To many teams play small, you need guys that can guard smaller players on the perimeter.

He’s the third best player in that team. We need someone with potential to be a # 2 scorer and defender. That ain’t Knox. BTW, I don’t think it’s Timmy either as I believe Beas a better player.

Ira
Member: #91
2/22/2018  11:56 AM
Well, I'm kind of partial to great defenders who can also shoot. Put me down for Mikal!
LivingLegend

2/22/2018  12:25 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

I t

I think his jump shot looks pure and he can already catch shoot effortlessly...I see him getting better/better off the dribble shoot and out of post ups. He already has a killer runner he uses off glass off the dribble. Shooting is no issue with Knox - nor scoring --- potential issues are what position he fits long term 3 or 4 and will he defend, rebound plus work hard.

More I watch him -- more I like the kid and Calipari has a way of making some of his offensive players (Monk excluded) looking less than what they are capable of.

Think Knox could be doing more posting up but with KU bigs potentially clogging floor doesn't seem Calipari is going that route that often.

By the way -- I like Gilgeous-Alexander as well ---- shot is suspect but kid is slippery getting into the paint and to the rim --- plus sees floor with outstanding size.

LivingLegend

2/22/2018  12:28 PM
Paris907 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

He’s the third best player in that team. We need someone with potential to be a # 2 scorer and defender. That ain’t Knox. BTW, I don’t think it’s Timmy either as I believe Beas a better player.

Knox --- clearly most talented (right now and long term) on that KU squad --- effortless scorer playing in a so so system.

Knox is killer out on the break as well --- freight train with agility and ability to finish with either hand or violently. Only 18.4 right now.

SupremeCommander

2/22/2018  12:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/22/2018  12:32 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

I think it's good... I think right now his biggest issue is he has a good shot and can shoot over his competitors, so he does. Kinda like KP... I guess if we drafted him that would be my hope as to why sometimes he looks low IQ. he's not really going to be able to do that in the pros.

All that said, the Knicks look their best when they run. Knox likes to run. I think he and THJ both have to play the same way to look great and I think Knox is a big time fit here

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
2/22/2018  5:15 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

so that's what got your panties in a bunch? lmao I wasn't patting myself on the back for Andrew Bynum... you really are dense

Not nice but understandable.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/22/2018  5:33 PM
Paris907 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

Not nice but understandable.

What's that supposed to mean?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Kevin Knox, Mikal or Miles Bridges?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy