[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kevin Knox, Mikal or Miles Bridges?
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/20/2018  12:36 AM
Miles is the dreaded SF/pf tweener - no thanks

I'd be happy with either of the other two.. I'd prefer Knox though. I guess you could call him a tweener too but he seems to see himself as a SF. Plus, when in don't you can't really go wrong with Kentucky

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/20/2018  12:39 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:Miles is the dreaded SF/pf tweener - no thanks

I'd be happy with either of the other two.. I'd prefer Knox though. I guess you could call him a tweener too but he seems to see himself as a SF. Plus, when in don't you can't really go wrong with Kentucky

Are tweeners bad these days?

I guess it would depend on athleticism and being able to space floor as well as defend?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/20/2018  5:05 AM
We need everything, so no need to focus on just one position, just go for best talent available (though if they're a front court player make sure they're compatible with KP)
SupremeCommander

2/20/2018  9:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/20/2018  9:34 AM
martin wrote:

I guess it would depend on athleticism and being able to space floor as well as defend?

I like to think I have a pretty good handle on the draft. I don't remind everyone that I thought, for example, that we should have drafted Andrew Bynum etc but usually when I say I'm interested in a guy he ends up being a decent player. I think my posts here over the years have demonstrated that.

The SF/PF lottery tweener never really lives up to the hype in the NBA. In college there is such a disparity between the players physical abilities. When you are a physically gifted forward in the NCAA you can "play sf" and bully the other players. The lack of speed doesn't bite you in the ass. The guy that comes to mind (because he's on our team) is Michael Beasley. Definitely did not live up to the hype.

Other names that fit the bill: Jonathan Isaac, Jabari Parker, Anthony Bennett, Derrick Williams, Jan Vesley, Marcus Morris

Not all those names are trash, like Jabari Parker, but clearly the Bucks agree... he's getting half the minutes he used to get this year. They could've had Joel Embiid or Aaron Gordon

Back to my point: SF/PF tweeners look way better in college than they do in the pros. My observation is that it is way more pronounced when you are in between SF and PF than PG/SG or PF/C. When you think about it, it makes sense, because you need different skillsets on the perimeter and down low

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/20/2018  10:23 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

I like to think I have a pretty good handle on the draft. I don't remind everyone that I thought, for example, that we should have drafted Andrew Bynum etc but usually when I say I'm interested in a guy he ends up being a decent player. I think my posts here over the years have demonstrated that.

The SF/PF lottery tweener never really lives up to the hype in the NBA. In college there is such a disparity between the players physical abilities. When you are a physically gifted forward in the NCAA you can "play sf" and bully the other players. The lack of speed doesn't bite you in the ass. The guy that comes to mind (because he's on our team) is Michael Beasley. Definitely did not live up to the hype.

Other names that fit the bill: Jonathan Isaac, Jabari Parker, Anthony Bennett, Derrick Williams, Jan Vesley, Marcus Morris

Not all those names are trash, like Jabari Parker, but clearly the Bucks agree... he's getting half the minutes he used to get this year. They could've had Joel Embiid or Aaron Gordon

Back to my point: SF/PF tweeners look way better in college than they do in the pros. My observation is that it is way more pronounced when you are in between SF and PF than PG/SG or PF/C. When you think about it, it makes sense, because you need different skillsets on the perimeter and down low

Different day and age. Keep in mind Parker is coming off of injury, Marcus Morris is solid and Issac is young. Then look at guys like Draymond, Aaron Gordon, Ben Simmons, Saric, Milsap, Thadeus Young etc. Coaches have become more open minded about how to use "tweeners" and some have had great success. Heck, our best player is a "tweeners."
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/20/2018  10:34 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

Andrew Bynum was in the 2005 draft... you didn't start posting here till 2006. Get over yourself fam.

Btw Parker just came back from ACL injury, that's why he's getting half his minutes. Embiid is a walking injury and Gordon has been hurt all year.... please spare me the nostradomus dramatics

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
SupremeCommander

2/20/2018  10:47 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

Different day and age. Keep in mind Parker is coming off of injury, Marcus Morris is solid and Issac is young. Then look at guys like Draymond, Aaron Gordon, Ben Simmons, Saric, Milsap, Thadeus Young etc. Coaches have become more open minded about how to use "tweeners" and some have had great success. Heck, our best player is a "tweeners."

Different day and age..? how much more recent could I have done than a lotto pick from last year?

SupremeCommander

2/20/2018  10:48 AM
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

Andrew Bynum was in the 2005 draft... you didn't start posting here till 2006. Get over yourself fam.

Btw Parker just came back from ACL injury, that's why he's getting half his minutes. Embiid is a walking injury and Gordon has been hurt all year.... please spare me the nostradomus dramatics

if you keep acting like a bitch I'll treat you like one you ****

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/20/2018  11:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/20/2018  11:04 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

Different day and age..? how much more recent could I have done than a lotto pick from last year?

Too early to call out Isaac. From what I've read, it seems Orlando still sees him as part of the future. Plus, he's been hurt for a while.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
SupremeCommander

2/20/2018  11:12 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

Too early to call out Isaac. From I've read, it seems Orlando still sees him as part of the future. Plus, he's been hurt for a while.

fair... my entire point is that I don't think Miles is as good as his numbers. He is on the wing but plays like a PF. If his jumper and three point shot improves -- a lot -- I would definitely be in favor of drafting him. I just don't see how you can get real excited about an athletic guy who is 6'7", shoots 48%, 36.75 from three and gets 6.9 RPG. That said, he obviously would be an injection of athleticism, which we sorely need... so I wouldn't be against it,e specially this year. I am not too high on the entire draft class

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
2/20/2018  12:37 PM
EnySpree wrote:I think no matter how many games we lose, these are our choices (unless were lucky). We absolutely need a small fwd in this draft. Who do you like out of the three?

Dzanan Musa from Bosnia & Herzegovina popped on the radar. He got my attention a little. I'm also a believer in what Jarred Vanderberlt from Kentucky can do. He could be a second rounder if he still comes out cuz of injury. There are alot of small fwd projected to go in the second round. Knicks have 2 picks.

We have so many gaps that SF is only one. When KP returns it will be imperative that he has help on the defensive end and Kanter remains a defensive weakness. Some will argue that point but it’s evident statistically and to those who watch. He’s a 25 minites guy who doesn’t get to play the 4th.
Wendell Carter, Bamba, Williams all suffice ... KOQ will be gone and Noah a nonentity.

That’s why there is increased discussion of Timmy playing the 3 for now while Frank (your boy), Mudiay and Burke play the backcourt.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/20/2018  12:41 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

Too early to call out Isaac. From I've read, it seems Orlando still sees him as part of the future. Plus, he's been hurt for a while.

fair... my entire point is that I don't think Miles is as good as his numbers. He is on the wing but plays like a PF. If his jumper and three point shot improves -- a lot -- I would definitely be in favor of drafting him. I just don't see how you can get real excited about an athletic guy who is 6'7", shoots 48%, 36.75 from three and gets 6.9 RPG. That said, he obviously would be an injection of athleticism, which we sorely need... so I wouldn't be against it,e specially this year. I am not too high on the entire draft class

I agree with both of you guys points. With KP and Frank and Hardaway etc. We need a forward with length who can out the ball on the floor in the Ingram for LA mold. His 16-5-4 at 6-9 with ability to play 2-4 is what we need.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
2/20/2018  12:41 PM
And he looked like a bum his rookie yr. Go figure
Bretrobert1
Member: #6028

2/20/2018  1:27 PM

Kind of like how Draymond Green was the dreaded sf/pf tweener out of MSU?

"I love you guys." -Norman Dale
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/20/2018  2:07 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:And he looked like a bum his rookie yr. Go figure

This board would have tried to run Ingram out of town after last year.

SupremeCommander

2/20/2018  2:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/20/2018  3:07 PM
Bretrobert1 wrote:

oh right because taking a flyer on a second round pick is the same thing as betting a lotto pick on something. why don't you go back to giving your clients (read: suckers) financial advice that you pull off an internet basketball forum

also, you are worse than I thought:

"The executor submitted a complaint on behalf of her deceased mother's estate. The executor alleges that she requested the stocks in her mother's estate be liquidated and that the representative did not follow her instructions which resulted in losses in the account."

"Damage Amount Requested
$24,994.42"

you really shouldn't be posting on an internet forum during trading hours

SupremeCommander

2/20/2018  3:04 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

I agree with both of you guys points. With KP and Frank and Hardaway etc. We need a forward with length who can out the ball on the floor in the Ingram for LA mold. His 16-5-4 at 6-9 with ability to play 2-4 is what we need.

we really do need an elite two way SF... too bad they don't grow on trees. sometimes you have to try and buy low... i doubt the Suns would have interest in trading Josh Jackson but I would definitely call and see if they would have interest in this year's pick and the Bulls' second

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/20/2018  3:55 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Bretrobert1 wrote:

oh right because taking a flyer on a second round pick is the same thing as betting a lotto pick on something. why don't you go back to giving your clients (read: suckers) financial advice that you pull off an internet basketball forum

also, you are worse than I thought:

"The executor submitted a complaint on behalf of her deceased mother's estate. The executor alleges that she requested the stocks in her mother's estate be liquidated and that the representative did not follow her instructions which resulted in losses in the account."

"Damage Amount Requested
$24,994.42"

you really shouldn't be posting on an internet forum during trading hours

dude, why?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
newyorknewyork
2/20/2018  4:18 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

we really do need an elite two way SF... too bad they don't grow on trees. sometimes you have to try and buy low... i doubt the Suns would have interest in trading Josh Jackson but I would definitely call and see if they would have interest in this year's pick and the Bulls' second

JJ has improved his production drastically. Don't see Suns trading him away unless for a superstar as it stands now.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/20/2018  4:20 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

JJ has improved his production drastically. Don't see Suns trading him away unless for a superstar as it stands now.

Jackson can't shoot a lick. I would rather just draft Mikal. Better shooter and defender.

Kevin Knox, Mikal or Miles Bridges?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy