[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Worse 3rd Quarter Team In The League.....
Author Thread
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
2/16/2018  2:08 PM
“We get in those situations we can’t be tentative,’’ Hardaway said. “That’s what happens to us all year in third quarters. We’ll come out thinking we got the game won and team will put a little run together. It’s just always too late. When we come to third quarters we have to be ready. It’s frustrating. It’s embarrassing.”

Thus far in 2017-18, New York is being outscored by a mere 1.3 points per 100 possessions during the first half of games. Come the third quarter, that deficit increases to an overwhelming 7.3 points per 100 possessions.

It’s being outscored by just 0.8 points per 100 possessions in the fourth quarter, which provides all the evidence one needs to support the claim that the third quarter is New York’s achilles heel.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
AUTOADVERT
Kemet
Member: #6148

2/16/2018  7:21 PM
The Knicks has not showed a 2nd half defensive-plan in their performance .. plus the Knicks weak offense become scoreless for long minutes when opponents play a tighter defense in the 2nd half of the game.

The Knicks didn't play a lick of defense throughout Hornacek first season as Knicks headcoach.

blkexec
2/26/2018  9:20 PM
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/26/2018  10:54 PM
It’s the perfect tank mechanism!!!
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/26/2018  11:00 PM
the knicks have been the worst 3Q team in the league for 20 years.
stopstandthere
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #6004

2/26/2018  11:42 PM
What had happened inside MSG during halftime?
blkexec
2/26/2018  11:54 PM
Caseloads wrote:the knicks have been the worst 3Q team in the league for 20 years.

I can't figure out why? Can't be the coach right? We've had a zillion of them in 20 yrs. I don't remember the 90s or 00s knick having this problem. Granted this was against the champs.....But it's the same results against scrubs.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/27/2018  9:48 AM
blkexec wrote:
Caseloads wrote:the knicks have been the worst 3Q team in the league for 20 years.

I can't figure out why? Can't be the coach right? We've had a zillion of them in 20 yrs. I don't remember the 90s or 00s knick having this problem. Granted this was against the champs.....But it's the same results against scrubs.

LOL!!! good take! Is it the water? They order in Sbarro pizza from across the street? Slam "Orange Julious"? Pound down thick Swarma's?
But then this is a tank, so we need to be careful and make sure it happens right!!!

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/27/2018  12:48 PM
If we had strong 3rd quarters it would be directed at adjustments the coaching staff made during half time, now since its the opposite, blame it on the players. If THJ said its the mind set the players have coming into the 3rd quarter, translation. We are not mentally prepared. What have the cashing staff done knowing this has been happening all season?
ES
blkexec
2/27/2018  1:02 PM
Maybe it's as simple as we are out coached when it comes to in game adjustments.....We come out hot.....then half way through they figure out the best defense and offense to run against us. I'm sure GS didn't plan on Mudiay having 18 at half.

We rarely have multiple players hot....but when we do it points to our best roster years....So it's always easy to change defensive focus to 1 player.....And on offense.....they probably said lets have more motion and force Kanter to be the defensive anchor.

Right now we have players that can get theres.....but until we see more consistent offensive outputs....its easy to guard us. We need more mobile bigs if we want to be a serious team. Kanter is great....but when his offense is shut down.....he quickly becomes a liability.....and the other team goes on a run.....just my recent observation.

blkexec
2/27/2018  1:14 PM
martin wrote:It’s the perfect tank mechanism!!!

agree.....

martin
USA
2/27/2018  4:19 PM
blkexec wrote:Maybe it's as simple as we are out coached when it comes to in game adjustments.....We come out hot.....then half way through they figure out the best defense and offense to run against us. I'm sure GS didn't plan on Mudiay having 18 at half.

We rarely have multiple players hot....but when we do it points to our best roster years....So it's always easy to change defensive focus to 1 player.....And on offense.....they probably said lets have more motion and force Kanter to be the defensive anchor.

Right now we have players that can get theres.....but until we see more consistent offensive outputs....its easy to guard us. We need more mobile bigs if we want to be a serious team. Kanter is great....but when his offense is shut down.....he quickly becomes a liability.....and the other team goes on a run.....just my recent observation.

I think it is as simple as the Knicks are just not a very talented team

Nalod
USA
2/27/2018  4:53 PM
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:Maybe it's as simple as we are out coached when it comes to in game adjustments.....We come out hot.....then half way through they figure out the best defense and offense to run against us. I'm sure GS didn't plan on Mudiay having 18 at half.

I think it is as simple as the Knicks are just not a very talented team

whoa, like that so could have saved me so many keystrokes!!!

blkexec
2/27/2018  7:37 PM
OK fair enough....I will wait until we have a good team before I complain again about 3rd quarter struggles.

Question Martin.....Define good?

We've been bad for so long.....i forgot what good means.

I know what great teams look like......And bad teams look like. I have no clue if the word good teams exist anymore. Since the join me to win a chip era started, seems like your either great or awful....all the good teams are either making room for another star....or out of cap space to do anything....

I guess if I had to answer that question.....I would classify a good team should be 1 move away from competing for a championship. But I can see both sides. I can argue that we have a good team now. Without our star player......we held our own against two of the top teams in Boston and GS. Give this team a healthy KP and another star on or above KP level......we should be able to run with any team in the NBA.......

martin
USA
2/27/2018  8:31 PM
blkexec wrote:OK fair enough....I will wait until we have a good team before I complain again about 3rd quarter struggles.

Question Martin.....Define good?

We've been bad for so long.....i forgot what good means.

I know what great teams look like......And bad teams look like. I have no clue if the word good teams exist anymore. Since the join me to win a chip era started, seems like your either great or awful....all the good teams are either making room for another star....or out of cap space to do anything....

I guess if I had to answer that question.....I would classify a good team should be 1 move away from competing for a championship. But I can see both sides. I can argue that we have a good team now. Without our star player......we held our own against two of the top teams in Boston and GS. Give this team a healthy KP and another star on or above KP level......we should be able to run with any team in the NBA.......

No idea how to define good, but the Knicks do lack any player - even with KP on board - who can consistently get his own whenever he wants.

I would say that all playoffs teams need 1 of those players and deep playoff teams have more than 1. If you have one of those players, your 3rd quarter problems are probably mitigated

Nalod
USA
2/27/2018  11:16 PM
GOod?
It’s “god” but with two o’s.
Does that make “good” better than God?
blkexec
3/3/2018  1:42 AM
https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/3rd-quarter-points-per-game?date=2018-03-02

Stats don't lie

Last 4 or 5 years, we are around 26 of 30 teams in 3rd quarter scoring.

Since 2003? We only been in the top 10 twice....The rest was all in the teens....But the last 4 years has been painful. This is why its starting to get on my nerves. We never been this bad consistently in 3rd quarter scoring ever....

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/5/2018  9:07 AM
Is there anything else we're the worst at? There have to be teams out there that are worse than us at more things, right!
Maybe that's how we define good? Not being as bad as other franchises at as many things at the same time!

We lost our unicorn and now everyone's wondering why we can't score or play defense in the third quarter? Guess we have to type about something.

"Why dost thou call me good? No one is good but God."

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/5/2018  9:25 AM
blkexec wrote:https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/3rd-quarter-points-per-game?date=2018-03-02

Stats don't lie

Last 4 or 5 years, we are around 26 of 30 teams in 3rd quarter scoring.

Since 2003? We only been in the top 10 twice....The rest was all in the teens....But the last 4 years has been painful. This is why its starting to get on my nerves. We never been this bad consistently in 3rd quarter scoring ever....

I wish I could see back a few more years.

I remember how I hated Don Chaney, but he got very little talent to out perform and be competitive night in, night out - last data on that table was Chaney's last.

Talent helps.

But, I would argue that a factor is our 'Will to Win', or lack thereof.

It's what I think seperates Jordan and Lebron, in my opinion.

It's the difference between a 'Batman' and a 'Robin'.

I'm not sure Melo had it, and I don't think KP has it, and I'm not sure anyone on this roster has it.

The last Knick that probably had it? Chaney had Sprewell, and he sure as had it.

KT, Kidd.

Maybe Kanter has it the most of anyone on our team.

blkexec
3/13/2018  9:05 PM
Worse 3rd Quarter Team In The League.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy