[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Willy watch
Author Thread
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
2/16/2018  5:03 PM
anrst wrote:He'll go to G-League. Come back a diff player. Then we'll overpay to resign him as a free agent.

This is like putting salt on a wound. SMH

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
AUTOADVERT
markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

2/16/2018  6:13 PM
Thread title made me think this was something my toddler would be interested in.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
2/18/2018  10:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/18/2018  10:32 AM
anrst wrote:He'll go to G-League. Come back a diff player. Then we'll overpay to resign him as a free agent.

That is the Knicks way of developing the players. That is why they continue to look for young players that are ready to be discarded. They actually think those players have been better developed than anything they could do to develop players.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/2/2018  4:59 PM
It's crazy but Willy still has yet to score a point in a Hornets uniform. So far it seems like he's worse off than he was in NY.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/2/2018  5:08 PM
Knixkik wrote:It's crazy but Willy still has yet to score a point in a Hornets uniform. So far it seems like he's worse off than he was in NY.

He is in a worse situation... this is what he gets for crying about minutes. He's gotta have to work harder in Charlotte

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/2/2018  5:38 PM
Hopefully Willy has learned an important lesson and acts on it. Had high hopes on him after last year, not so much after this year
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
3/2/2018  6:13 PM
Given that the Spurs foul least in the league and are therefore one of the least physical teams in the league (ever Watch finesse ofPau Gasol) there will ultimately be a home for Wily our West and If Pops hangs out long enough maybe He’ll find a home out West w Spurs
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/2/2018  6:40 PM
Paris907 wrote:Given that the Spurs foul least in the league and are therefore one of the least physical teams in the league (ever Watch finesse ofPau Gasol) there will ultimately be a home for Wily our West and If Pops hangs out long enough maybe He’ll find a home out West w Spurs
I think Willy would need to up his game a lot to be sought out by the Spurs. Much better chance that is back playing in Spain in my opinion.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/2/2018  6:45 PM
Knixkik wrote:It's crazy but Willy still has yet to score a point in a Hornets uniform. So far it seems like he's worse off than he was in NY.
Maybe the coaching staff and front office knows what they are doing this time.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knixkik
USA
3/2/2018  6:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/2/2018  6:53 PM
martin wrote:Hopefully Willy has learned an important lesson and acts on it. Had high hopes on him after last year, not so much after this year

For the sake of his career he should have taken back his trade request and seen the writing on the wall with Noah being sent away, Porzingis injured, and KOQ and Kanter both with opt outs. He would have had a big opportunity here next year if he was patient and worked hard. Success in this league isn't linear. Things change year over year, and now he is 4th on the center depth chart behind guys with big multi-year deals in a place he will likely be forgotten.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/2/2018  7:01 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Yeah, I don't think this move was personal. Of another team that was a better fit for Willy offered two seconds round picks, I'm sure we would've made that deal. The real question is why did Charlotte send two second rounders for a guy to sit in the back of their rotation?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

3/2/2018  7:08 PM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:Hopefully Willy has learned an important lesson and acts on it. Had high hopes on him after last year, not so much after this year

For the sake of his career he should have taken back his trade request and seen the writing on the wall with Noah being sent away, Porzingis injured, and KOQ and Kanter both with opt outs. He would have had a big opportunity here next year if he was patient and worked hard. Success in this league isn't linear. Things change year over year, and now he is 4th on the center depth chart behind guys with big multi-year deals in a place he will likely be forgotten.

The highlight says it all. How are you outworked by everybody at your position and not turn up your effort? If the coach keeps harping that a player will get playing time based on their output in practice, how do you not bust your ass to get more time?

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

3/2/2018  7:08 PM
Knixkik wrote:

The highlight says it all. How are you outworked by everybody at your position and not turn up your effort? If the coach keeps harping that a player will get playing time based on their output in practice, how do you not bust your ass to get more time?

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Knixkik
USA
3/2/2018  7:09 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Yeah, I don't think this move was personal. Of another team that was a better fit for Willy offered two seconds round picks, I'm sure we would've made that deal. The real question is why did Charlotte send two second rounders for a guy to sit in the back of their rotation?

It was a strange move for Charlotte. Howard and Zeller are pretty much unmoveable contracts. Even if they were to move Kaminsky, Willy would still be 3rd on the depth chart for at least next season. And none of these guys can play PF.

reub
Member: #6227

3/2/2018  9:25 PM
Sangfroid wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Willy, like a lot of youngsters, felt entitled. He was too busy hanging out at the beach with KP and Doncic to get serious about his game. Sad!
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/3/2018  4:13 AM
Sangfroid wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Yeah, Alan Hahn said it on his radio show- if you're a second year player, second round pick on a $1mil contract and you're demanding playing time and think you're entitled to it- goodbye!

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/3/2018  6:12 AM
Say it for what it is... Willy was a cancer in the locker room. You can't demand playing time over guys that are clearly our playing you. Willy said he has goals for his career and wanted to play. Can't have that. I'm ashamed at some of the posters here that thought that was ok behavior and agreed with Willy. Not hours. Perry let Willy rant to the media twice and he was outta here. 2 second rounders and a little cap space ours good enough to get rid of that drama
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
MS
Member: #724
3/3/2018  8:21 AM
Listen if you’re going to play Tim Hardaway 30 minutes when he shots 0/8 from three and shot 30% for 2 weeks players are entitled to be upset if they aren’t getting playing time. Let’s not forget they were forcing Ron Baker in the court too.

The Knicks should have sent him to the G league and let him get some work in if they were never going to play him. Still think the return was low.

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/3/2018  9:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/3/2018  9:46 AM
MS wrote:Listen if you’re going to play Tim Hardaway 30 minutes when he shots 0/8 from three and shot 30% for 2 weeks players are entitled to be upset if they aren’t getting playing time. Let’s not forget they were forcing Ron Baker in the court too.

The Knicks should have sent him to the G league and let him get some work in if they were never going to play him. Still think the return was low.

That is not even a comparison and you know more than enough basketball to know that.

~You can't run from who you are.~
Knixkik
USA
3/3/2018  11:06 AM
Willy would be getting 15 mpg minimum right now with the youth movement direction. Charlotte is still trying to make the playoffs. Willy is probably already regretting this.
Willy watch

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy