USA
2/21/2018  3:32 PM
fishmike wrote:
franco12 wrote:
TheGame wrote:
fishmike wrote:
technomaster wrote:I feel a little sick saying this, but:

here are Elfrid's stats in 3 games with the Suns:
20.3ppg, 8.7apg, 8.3rpg, 57%fg, 83%ft, 35mpg. This includes 1 triple double.

All that production for the cost of a 2nd round pick, albeit likely a higher one than the Knicks could have offered.

With stats like these, he'd have put the Knicks in a position to win games.

(For what it's worth, the Suns lost all 3. :))

I suppose I'll remain hopeful - I think Mudiay has similar tools compared to Payton. Payton became a really good prospect during his junior year in college where he really amped up his game. Payton was 20-21 during that year, relatively young compared to some of his counterparts.

Mudiay is turning 22 in March in what amounts to his 4th post-high school season (1 in China, 3 in the NBA).

(for what it's worth, Payton is an RFA at the end of the season...)

why? I think everyone here would agree Payton is a good player and superior to Mudiay. Its a timing thing. What do you want to pay Payton? Lets say he puts up those #s here. When some team offers him 4 years $90mm do you match?

There is a commitment to Payton we dont have with Mudiay. I think its a basic timeline thing. From a pure BB standpoint we should have gotten Payton. No brainer. More to it though....

Agreed. The Suns had no solid young pg, so they are probably willing to pay Payton. We have Frank and Trey Burke, so there was no reason to get Payton and have to pay him this summer, especially when Mudiay or Frank may still turn out to be better long term prospects.

The other thing is bad teams produce good looking players because someone has to score.

For me, we need to be focused on 2-4 years out, and that is how we have to build.

Noah is a cap killer, and until he is closer to being gone, it's hard to make some of these moves.

some of what moves?

taking a flyer on a player like Payton (or Isaiah Thomas) that might be due a big pay day.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/21/2018  3:45 PM
franco12 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
franco12 wrote:
TheGame wrote:
fishmike wrote:
technomaster wrote:I feel a little sick saying this, but:

here are Elfrid's stats in 3 games with the Suns:
20.3ppg, 8.7apg, 8.3rpg, 57%fg, 83%ft, 35mpg. This includes 1 triple double.

All that production for the cost of a 2nd round pick, albeit likely a higher one than the Knicks could have offered.

With stats like these, he'd have put the Knicks in a position to win games.

(For what it's worth, the Suns lost all 3. :))

I suppose I'll remain hopeful - I think Mudiay has similar tools compared to Payton. Payton became a really good prospect during his junior year in college where he really amped up his game. Payton was 20-21 during that year, relatively young compared to some of his counterparts.

Mudiay is turning 22 in March in what amounts to his 4th post-high school season (1 in China, 3 in the NBA).

(for what it's worth, Payton is an RFA at the end of the season...)

why? I think everyone here would agree Payton is a good player and superior to Mudiay. Its a timing thing. What do you want to pay Payton? Lets say he puts up those #s here. When some team offers him 4 years $90mm do you match?

There is a commitment to Payton we dont have with Mudiay. I think its a basic timeline thing. From a pure BB standpoint we should have gotten Payton. No brainer. More to it though....

Agreed. The Suns had no solid young pg, so they are probably willing to pay Payton. We have Frank and Trey Burke, so there was no reason to get Payton and have to pay him this summer, especially when Mudiay or Frank may still turn out to be better long term prospects.

The other thing is bad teams produce good looking players because someone has to score.

For me, we need to be focused on 2-4 years out, and that is how we have to build.

Noah is a cap killer, and until he is closer to being gone, it's hard to make some of these moves.

some of what moves?

taking a flyer on a player like Payton (or Isaiah Thomas) that might be due a big pay day.

Noah isnt stopping the Knicks from those moves. How did you come to that conclusion. With or without Noah the question for Payton isnt about Noah. Its about Burke, Frank and Mudiay. Why do you want to pay Isiah Thomas or Payton $20mm a year when you have 3 guys on your roster who are cheap and play the same position and are prospects?

Noah has nothing to do with not making those deals.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/22/2018  10:29 AM
Mudiay looks like one of those kids in HS and AAU that is a little bigger, a little faster and a little stronger than everyone else and has been successful even though he hasn't really put in the work. He has succeeded with his god given talents. Then he went to China where he just dominated players physically. He really needed to go to college and learn the ropes before going to the NBA. Hopefully he can get a better work ethic and show everybody what kind of player he can be.
Mudiay is not that athletic

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy