Author Thread
nyk2017
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7538

2/16/2018  12:28 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:He will extend. Has a player ever turned down a max extension after his rookie contract?...Ever?

It's not about turning down money, all he has to do is request a trade. Your not going to keep a disgruntled player in your locker room, I don't care how good he is. what good will it do? your going to hold him hostage and force him to be happy..

I follow him on instagram and snapper chat. He loves NY and is staying. This is fact. As usual your making up bull**** scenarios and then using them as the foundation of your point.

You sound so naive, kp is going to do whatever is brother says, and you already heard what he said...signs of PROGRESS...

You sound like a guy with his head in the clouds singing everything is ok in the middle of a tsunami..

Where is he going to go? Which team is going to give a 7'3" player who is 1 year out from major knee surgery a max contract? Let's look forward two years and think of teams that would be possibly looking to compete for a championships (Philly, Bos, Minn, etc). Do you see any of those guys giving a max contract to KP? I doubt it. He may get an offer from Phoenix, Charlotte, Miami etc. But those situations aren't any better.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/16/2018  9:08 AM
Teams can dump salary if they have quality assets to move. They can create space to sign him. Would you trade Al Horford straight up for KP? Let’s assume his recovery is going well. How does that happen? Trade Al to a team that has space for a second round pick. Done. Al is of the books. Can do this with multiple teams. Two things have to happen, have to have space and assets to trade. Is Al’s deal to rich? Boston can sweeten the deal.
But, lets not live in fear. Phil was moved to make KP happy. If pop wants to coach KP so bad, he is welcome to relocate his employment to NYC!!!
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
2/16/2018  9:14 AM
KP will resign, if offered the MAX. He pretty much has run of the place. It was questionable when Phil was here, but not anymore. Hopefully he comes back playing well. If he's not the same player coming back in a significant way, the team will have to make a tough decision as to offering the MAX, trading him or risk letting him walk.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/16/2018  10:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2018  10:10 AM
nykshaknbake wrote:KP will resign, if offered the MAX. He pretty much has run of the place. It was questionable when Phil was here, but not anymore. Hopefully he comes back playing well. If he's not the same player coming back in a significant way, the team will have to make a tough decision as to offering the MAX, trading him or risk letting him walk.

They probably offer him the max extension this summer. Given his age and work ethic, i think it's fair that he will come back and be fine, so i don't think the Knicks will see it as a big risk. The key will be keeping him healthy once he's back.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/16/2018  10:48 AM
I have no problem with them offering the max.
Of course it comes with risks. There are always injury risks with max players.
If knicks feel otherwise then I suppose we'll judge them in hindsight in the years after based on that decision.
Im sure there were PHX Suns fans who hated Amare was not resigned. Im sure many of them changed their minds after year two.
WE talked about what a bumble head Sarver the owner is. That franchise has sucked since. Kerr as GM either made some big mistakes or the execution of his ideas were not executed properly. He advised Sarver and was key in the demise of MDA there. Funny how MDA found redemption after bad stints in NY and LA. Was an assistant in Philly and has had a very profound impact on the Rockets. What a great hire that was pairing him with Harden!!
I am confidant KP's response to last year chaos was not appropriate but the never the less an important message was sent and for all his stupidity Dolan actually undid Phil at a great financial cost.
And if KP does not extend

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy