[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

And if KP does not extend
Author Thread
SRacide
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7604

2/14/2018  6:33 AM
Do you think that KP is able not to extend in 2019 even for the 150M and that he puts himself free agent?
AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/14/2018  6:57 AM
i don't believe KP will resign, injury concerns and attitude were the main reasons I wanted to trade him to Boston. I think he bolts the first chance he gets and we will receive a middling young player (someone like Mudiay) and a lottery protected pick in a trade. It will destroy the franchise and set it back another 3-5 years.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
2/14/2018  7:56 AM
Phil was wrong about Noah and jettisoning Jr and Iman sans value, treatment of KP and Melo were lacking but understandable. Picking Frank a mistake probably - yet Dotson a plus, OQuinn a plus, choosing KP a plus, scoring picks a plus, Hernangomez a plus (a mistake to trade him). When he wanted to move KP, he got fired. His instincts
About the other big were solid. KP May indeed walk and hopefully he will return, our pick turn into a top 5, we secure a Young or Begley or Bamba and KP suddenly sees the future.

I’m not a THJr fan not a Mudiay Fan. I’ll be patient with Frank for now but the Gods are speaking.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/14/2018  9:10 AM
He will extend. Has a player ever turned down a max extension after his rookie contract?...Ever?
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/14/2018  9:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2018  9:34 AM
Jmpasq wrote:i don't believe KP will resign, injury concerns and attitude were the main reasons I wanted to trade him to Boston. I think he bolts the first chance he gets and we will receive a middling young player (someone like Mudiay) and a lottery protected pick in a trade. It will destroy the franchise and set it back another 3-5 years.

It was possible before the ACL. Not any more.
He will get maxed out in NY for better or worth.
Only idiots will not cash on this kind of business opportunity.
KP does not looks like idiot.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/14/2018  9:58 AM
Jmpasq wrote:i don't believe KP will resign, injury concerns and attitude were the main reasons I wanted to trade him to Boston. I think he bolts the first chance he gets and we will receive a middling young player (someone like Mudiay) and a lottery protected pick in a trade. It will destroy the franchise and set it back another 3-5 years.
well you are consistent in saying the same thing over and over and over... you get credit for being consistent. Perspective: you are on a Knick message board and literally every one of your posts outlines how phucked we are for the next 5 years. So good to have you.

Every good player resigns after their rookie deal. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Go find me an example of a player that didnt. Greg Monroe is the best you will come up with.

KP is resigning. This isnt fan talk, its how the NBA works.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
USA
2/14/2018  10:04 AM
fishmike wrote:
well you are consistent in saying the same thing over and over and over... you get credit for being consistent. Perspective: you are on a Knick message board and literally every one of your posts outlines how phucked we are for the next 5 years. So good to have you.

Every good player resigns after their rookie deal. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Go find me an example of a player that didnt. Greg Monroe is the best you will come up with.

Exactly right. Players resign and figure out the rest later. He can always re-evaluate his situation in his later 20s. Injury plays a part, he will want security of that first big contract. Delaying his big payday (if offered this summer) up to 2 years is just stupid. He's not stupid. On top of it, other than the Phil incident, there has never been an indication he does not want to continue his career in NY. Every quote from him (and from his brother) has stated that NY is where he wants to be. No reason to think he's lying.

knicks1248
Member: #582
2/14/2018  10:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2018  10:09 AM
Knixkik wrote:He will extend. Has a player ever turned down a max extension after his rookie contract?...Ever?

It's not about turning down money, all he has to do is request a trade. Your not going to keep a disgruntled player in your locker room, I don't care how good he is. what good will it do? your going to hold him hostage and force him to be happy..

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/14/2018  10:14 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:He will extend. Has a player ever turned down a max extension after his rookie contract?...Ever?

It's not about turning down money, all he has to do is request a trade. Your not going to keep a disgruntled player in your locker room, I don't care how good he is. what good will it do? your going to hold him hostage and force him to be happy..

I follow him on instagram and snapper chat. He loves NY and is staying. This is fact. As usual your making up bull**** scenarios and then using them as the foundation of your point.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
USA
2/14/2018  10:47 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

There is no reason to believe he will request a trade. Any assumption would just be you trying to maintain a negative spin. It's a non-issue.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/14/2018  10:59 AM
if he returns to form and wants a trade, we'll get good value.
If not and has problems I doubt he asks for trade.
If he is never the same and asks for trade, might not be many takers. If so, we get lower value.
Life is full of risks. future is never certain. Whining about it never helps.
Whining about the past never helps either.
blkexec
Member: #748
2/14/2018  3:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2018  3:46 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I follow him on instagram and snapper chat. He loves NY and is staying. This is fact. As usual your making up bull**** scenarios and then using them as the foundation of your point.

If Phil was still here, then I can see KP not resigning.

Without Phil, KP's road to king of NY is clear. He want's to finish what Melo couldn't accomplish....

I follow him on instagram as well.....But Kanter is very active and post something all the time. Recently Kanter has been quiet too....

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/14/2018  3:59 PM
Nalod wrote:if he returns to form and wants a trade, we'll get good value.
If not and has problems I doubt he asks for trade.
If he is never the same and asks for trade, might not be many takers. If so, we get lower value.
Life is full of risks. future is never certain. Whining about it never helps.
Whining about the past never helps either.

Past is dead and future is a dream.
There is only current moment that matters.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Knixkik
USA
2/14/2018  4:52 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I agree. He appears to love NY and playing for the Knicks. He seems more focused on breaking the trend here. We all know what type of stratosphere leading NY to winning ways can put him. He clearly sees that.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/14/2018  7:54 PM
fishmike wrote:

So I wrong when I said Frank wasn't a PG and is probably a bench player. I was wrong when I said KP's frame will lead to serious injuries.

Yes my posts are negative because nothing with this franchise goes right. Outside of picking KP what has this franchise done to prove they are headed in the right direction? Maybe when they don't take 19 year old 5 year projects over obvious starting NBA players I won't bad mouth the franchise. Maybe when they don't hand out long-term over priced contracts I won't bad mouth the franchise. Maybe when they don't play 30 something vets 30 minutes while young players languish on the bench I won't bad mouth the franchise. Maybe if we sign or draft a guard that can shoot I won't bad mouth the franchise.I don't know about you but I am sick and tired of watching crap. I loved this franchise in the 90's, I'm dying for meaningful basketball and we are years away. How can anyone look at this roster and paint of positive outlook.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knixkik
USA
2/14/2018  7:57 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
fishmike wrote:

So I wrong when I said Frank wasn't a PG and is probably a bench player. I was wrong when I said KP's frame will lead to serious injuries.

Yes my posts are negative because nothing with this franchise goes right. Outside of picking KP what has this franchise done to prove they are headed in the right direction? Maybe when they don't take 19 year old 5 year projects over obvious starting NBA players I won't bad mouth the franchise. Maybe when they don't hand out long-term over priced contracts I won't bad mouth the franchise. Maybe when they don't play 30 something vets 30 minutes while young players languish on the bench I won't bad mouth the franchise. Maybe if we sign or draft a guard that can shoot I won't bad mouth the franchise.I don't know about you but I am sick and tired of watching crap. I loved this franchise in the 90's, I'm dying for meaningful basketball and we are years away. How can anyone look at this roster and paint of positive outlook.

As far as Frank not being a PG and a bench player, yes you could still be wrong. Can't judge a 19 year olds career in 50 games. Knicks fans...

nyk2017
Member: #7538

2/14/2018  10:20 PM
There is no chance he will not resign. With the ACL tear at this point of the season, next season will likely be a wash. This leaves 2019-20 as his season to shine and hope that another team will sign him to a max contract (which is still less than the knicks can give him). Not going to happen. By 2019-20, hopefully Frank will be much better, Noah, Lee will be coming off the books. Knicks will also have had this years lottery pick and probably next years as well. They may even have a high lottery pick in 2019-2020. This should set up for a potentially very nice core (as long as they develop). He is not going to get a much better set up anywhere else.
Knixkik
USA
2/14/2018  11:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2018  11:00 PM
nyk2017 wrote:There is no chance he will not resign. With the ACL tear at this point of the season, next season will likely be a wash. This leaves 2019-20 as his season to shine and hope that another team will sign him to a max contract (which is still less than the knicks can give him). Not going to happen. By 2019-20, hopefully Frank will be much better, Noah, Lee will be coming off the books. Knicks will also have had this years lottery pick and probably next years as well. They may even have a high lottery pick in 2019-2020. This should set up for a potentially very nice core (as long as they develop). He is not going to get a much better set up anywhere else.

It's true. He will be 24 at that point and could suddenly be surrounded by a nice young core if some of these guys pan out. Frank, mudiay, 2018 pick, 2019 pick. Hopefully a couple of them pop. We can only hope.

knicks1248
Member: #582
2/14/2018  11:01 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

You sound so naive, kp is going to do whatever is brother says, and you already heard what he said...signs of PROGRESS...

You sound like a guy with his head in the clouds singing everything is ok in the middle of a tsunami..

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/14/2018  11:28 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

You sound so naive, kp is going to do whatever is brother says, and you already heard what he said...signs of PROGRESS...

You sound like a guy with his head in the clouds singing everything is ok in the middle of a tsunami..

And your the guy that runs on to the beach when the tide goes out.

And if KP does not extend

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy