[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Hezonja
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/15/2018  9:12 AM
Paris907 wrote:Q: how’s his defense ?????
He’s ready. Tim should be relegated to the bench. He’s not a poor nba player just lacks the smarts and consistency
Night in and night out. Beal toyed w him in the 3rd, got into his head and extinguished him.

Hes a good ballhandler for his size. Hes untapped and just starting to breakout.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/15/2018  10:24 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
He’s ready. Tim should be relegated to the bench. He’s not a poor nba player just lacks the smarts and consistency
Night in and night out. Beal toyed w him in the 3rd, got into his head and extinguished him.

Hes a good ballhandler for his size. Hes untapped and just starting to breakout.

You guys don't like Hardaway as a starter, but are ready to commit big time to Hezonja? This guy has proven nothing, other than putting up big numbers for a couple of weeks on one of the worst teams in the league. You guys will like him until we maybe sign him, then hate him within a couple months. That's how it works here.
BRIGGS
2/15/2018  10:42 AM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

You guys don't like Hardaway as a starter, but are ready to commit big time to Hezonja? This guy has proven nothing, other than putting up big numbers for a couple of weeks on one of the worst teams in the league. You guys will like him until we maybe sign him, then hate him within a couple months. That's how it works here.

I think a lot of people liked Mario when he came out but he was a bit to young and wild for the NBA. Hes now the Magic best defensive player. Hes almost 6-10 can handle shoot decent passer. Has shown a very comfortable side here--hes a better prospect than Hardaway. He also wont cost 72mm maybe 50-60.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
USA
2/15/2018  10:45 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I think a lot of people liked Mario when he came out but he was a bit to young and wild for the NBA. Hes now the Magic best defensive player. Hes almost 6-10 can handle shoot decent passer. Has shown a very comfortable side here--hes a better prospect than Hardaway. He also wont cost 72mm maybe 50-60.

Maybe he's a better prospect, but there is no way to know how he develops. Hardaway was one of the leading scorers on a playoff team last year. Hezonja is just putting together a stretch of good games on a really bad team. Seems like the grass is always greener theory to me. I am intrigued by him some, but I want to see more.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/15/2018  11:02 AM
Strange obsession with the 2015 draft projects in NY.

We already have KP (#2) and Mudiay (#7), and previously had Jerian Grant (#19) and Willy Hernangomez(#35). JP Totoko (#58) has also spent time with the Knicks Summer league.

Brooklyn has Russell (#2), Okafor (#3), and Hollis-Jefferson (#23).

Folks here have been fawning over Stanley Johnson and now, Hezonja.

And back to Justise Winslow... what happened to him? Wasn't he the next James Harden/Paul Pierce? When did he get stiff and turn into the next Michael Kidd-Gilchrist?!?

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Knixkik
USA
2/15/2018  11:16 AM
technomaster wrote:Strange obsession with the 2015 draft projects in NY.

We already have KP (#2) and Mudiay (#7), and previously had Jerian Grant (#19) and Willy Hernangomez(#35). JP Totoko (#58) has also spent time with the Knicks Summer league.

And back to Justise Winslow... what happened to him? Wasn't he the next James Harden/Paul Pierce? When did he get stiff and turn into the next Michael Kidd-Gilchrist?!?

He got injured and never improved his jumper. Still plenty of time for him though.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/15/2018  11:17 AM
For me, Hezonja is a classic sign him to a 1 year contract guy. Knicks may have a starting spot at SF? Offer him a shot and see how it goes.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
2/15/2018  2:10 PM

Guys come into the league under developed in either body or game(or both) and it takes years to get up to snuff. Walking in at year 4 when they are 22-23 i about right.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
2/15/2018  2:13 PM
martin wrote:For me, Hezonja is a classic sign him to a 1 year contract guy. Knicks may have a starting spot at SF? Offer him a shot and see how it goes.

Im not sure about that--first off if he plays like he is now hes getting paid by someone more than 1 year. If the MLE is 9mm now--than a commitment to 4-5 years at 10-11 mm--say 4 years 44mm -48mm with a team option on 5. 11-12 mm or just above the MLE. We have those funds.

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/15/2018  2:48 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:For me, Hezonja is a classic sign him to a 1 year contract guy. Knicks may have a starting spot at SF? Offer him a shot and see how it goes.

Im not sure about that--first off if he plays like he is now hes getting paid by someone more than 1 year. If the MLE is 9mm now--than a commitment to 4-5 years at 10-11 mm--say 4 years 44mm -48mm with a team option on 5. 11-12 mm or just above the MLE. We have those funds.

you are only thinking about a 1 year plan, not long term.

Hezonja just had a couple of good months over the past 3 years? And if he falls back to bust mode, you just created more dead weight cap space.

Overpay him for 1 year or whatever and then team option after that.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
2/15/2018  3:31 PM
Knixkik wrote:

He got injured and never improved his jumper. Still plenty of time for him though.

Winslow’s jumper is finally improving.

Skudra
Member: #6210
Latvia
2/15/2018  5:23 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

He's 6-8 and is league-below average in every defensive metrics for his position. Even Magic have better +/- when he's off the floor. Only for last two months he averages 10 ppg. 50-60 for that?

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/15/2018  9:01 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Hezonja just had a couple of good months over the past 3 years? And if he falls back to bust mode, you just created more dead weight cap space.

Yep I like your plan it would be insane to give him 4 years
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
TLover
Member: #381
USA
2/15/2018  9:16 PM
NYC is a city that European players like to play in bc they will find many people from their respective countries here. Money eventually talks but a player like Hezenja can come here and play on a prove it contract. Playing the 3 here offers a unique opportunity for him.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/15/2018  10:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/15/2018  10:46 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Yep I like your plan it would be insane to give him 4 years

I kind of agree with Briggs but not at the figures he put up. There is always a team willing to throw money at potential. I think Mario's agent will hold a good amount of leverage since almost every team can at least offer the mid level.

Though after not playing for these 2.5 yrs. I think he will value PT over salary. But his agent will have the leverage for a player option over a team. He either really believes in himself and takes a 2 yr deal with PO for the 2nd yr. Or he takes a 3 yr deal with a PO in the 3rd. We are a favorable location due to need, diversity, and influx of euros already on the roster.

I like the fact that when the play him at PF to cover for Gordan. He snags 10 rebounds. And he seems to routinely get 2 stls a game A team like Houston though will crave him. Would have to sell him on the open opportunity to be a feature in NY.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knixkik
USA
2/16/2018  9:31 AM
Seems like Orlando can only offer him up to $5 mil a year because they lost his rights. They are likely to lose him this summer. Might be a good opportunity here to get him without committing big.
Knixkik
USA
2/20/2018  8:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/20/2018  8:17 PM
The more i think about it, the more it seems likely that Perry will grab Hezonja this summer. The contract will be the question. But I am sure Perry was heavily involved in the draft/scouting process that brought him to Orlando, and probably developed a good relationship with him. The SF slot will be wide open, so i am sure Perry will sell him on that opportunity. Seems to fit the mold of young, athletic shooter. I just wonder if he will commit a long-term contract with summer 2019 on the horizon.
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/22/2018  2:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/22/2018  2:27 PM
I liked this kid Kevon Looney. Warriors didn’t pick up his option so he is a FA this summer. Could be had cheap and would bring athletecism at a position of need. He’s 22 years old and unless I just saw him on a good night, has some hops
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/22/2018  4:18 PM
Be nice if Troy Williams can rise to these guys level and be a low cost home grown player!
He next up.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/23/2018  12:28 AM
Hezonja thoughts after tonite game?
Hezonja

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy