[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank the Blank
Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

4/11/2018  11:04 PM
I can see Frank becoming our starting SF down the line when he get stronger. He's probably still growing. I'm hoping that we can draft Wendell Carter and have a lineup of KP, Carter, Frank, THJr, and Burke soon. Plus whatever high pick we get next season. We have a future.
AUTOADVERT
ccinflushing
Member: #6061

4/12/2018  6:30 AM
One of the best things about Frank is that he gives you such great flexibility in constructing a roster over time. I think he can play 1-3 reasonably well in time and the 4 in a pinch as well.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

4/12/2018  7:41 AM
ccinflushing wrote:One of the best things about Frank is that he gives you such great flexibility in constructing a roster over time. I think he can play 1-3 reasonably well in time and the 4 in a pinch as well.

If these guys were healthy, I'd love to have seen a lineup of

Kornet/Porzingis/Hardaway/Ntilikina/Burke

Think we would have lots of versatility and flexibility on both ends.

While Kornet is a project, I like how he can shoot the 3 has immense size and blocks shots inside. This allows KP to be more aggressive as a man defender and not worry about the paint all the time. Frank can switch from 1-3 on both ends of the court.

We should seriously try not to make any big free agent moves and bring the above mentioned players back. plus our lottery pick and other young talent like Mudiay, Dotson.

Next year's team

Kornet/Porzingis/Veteran 5
Porzingis/Thomas
Hardaway/Bridges
Ntilikina/Dotson
Burke/Mudiay

I actually like Mikal Bridges as a lottery pick. Will be able to play right away. and a versatile player that can play some 4 and 3.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/12/2018  7:49 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:
ccinflushing wrote:One of the best things about Frank is that he gives you such great flexibility in constructing a roster over time. I think he can play 1-3 reasonably well in time and the 4 in a pinch as well.

While Kornet is a project, I like how he can shoot the 3 has immense size and blocks shots inside. This allows KP to be more aggressive as a man defender and not worry about the paint all the time. Frank can switch from 1-3 on both ends of the court.

We should seriously try not to make any big free agent moves and bring the above mentioned players back. plus our lottery pick and other young talent like Mudiay, Dotson.

Next year's team

Porzingis/Thomas
Hardaway/Bridges
Ntilikina/Dotson
Burke/Mudiay

I actually like Mikal Bridges as a lottery pick. Will be able to play right away. and a versatile player that can play some 4 and 3.

Looks like another lotto team to me...

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
4/12/2018  8:00 AM
Frank has shown he can play and excel at this level, imo. He needs to improve his shot consistency and keep on working on hi aggressiveness to the rim. Otherwise, he passes well, has good form on his shot and defends well. Each of these will get better.

I think he is a PG ultimately but can defend 1-3 well.

Frank
Thjr
Bridges
KP
Kanter

thats the lineup next year when KP gets back.

Burke
Dotson
Kornet
Oquinn
etc..

off the bench.

I'd like them to add a veteran 3-D guy to support Bridges.

Mudiay can be traded - if Oquinn goes then they need a new PF/C to help out. Kanter is staying. He as much as said so. Will only opt out to sign a longer term deal. Maybe NY can sign him for 4/60 and save some cap room for next year.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/12/2018  8:16 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Frank has shown he can play and excel at this level, imo. He needs to improve his shot consistency and keep on working on hi aggressiveness to the rim. Otherwise, he passes well, has good form on his shot and defends well. Each of these will get better.

Frank
Thjr
Bridges
KP
Kanter

Burke
Dotson
Kornet
Oquinn
etc..

off the bench.

Mudiay can be traded - if Oquinn goes then they need a new PF/C to help out. Kanter is staying. He as much as said so. Will only opt out to sign a longer term deal. Maybe NY can sign him for 4/60 and save some cap room for next year.

Very reasonable assumptions before trades and other ramifications occur. I think the future is Frank and THjr with Burke the first guard off the bench if I had to guess. THjr has to learn how to pace himself better. He needs to even out his production and take care of those legs.
Trades and draft will determine the team.
I have no idea how Dotson, Baker and Mudiay will factor in to the team next year. Dotson does not have guaranteed money.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/12/2018  8:46 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Frank has shown he can play and excel at this level, imo. He needs to improve his shot consistency and keep on working on hi aggressiveness to the rim. Otherwise, he passes well, has good form on his shot and defends well. Each of these will get better.

Frank
Thjr
Bridges
KP
Kanter

Burke
Dotson
Kornet
Oquinn
etc..

off the bench.

Frank fits position-less basketball. He's going to be great. He's a real building block. KP, Frank, Hardaway, Burke, and our 2018 pick give us a real foundation. Dotson will be a nice role player too. The last couple wins can be frustrating but some of these guys are very encouraging.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/12/2018  9:01 AM
Knixkik wrote:

Frank
Thjr
Bridges
KP
Kanter

Burke
Dotson
Kornet
Oquinn
etc..

off the bench.

Frank fits position-less basketball. He's going to be great. He's a real building block. KP, Frank, Hardaway, Burke, and our 2018 pick give us a real foundation. Dotson will be a nice role player too. The last couple wins can be frustrating but some of these guys are very encouraging.

100% and we may not even be good... but this is a very good direction. Better player and guys in their young 20s who we can start building a culture and continuity with. I would not be suprised if Frank is the key guy in a culture turn around. Its also why I keep harping on Mikal Bridges.. another top flight defensive player, dead eye shooter TEAM FIRST guy.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
USA
4/12/2018  9:10 AM
Bridges pedigree is 2 chips in three years with some nice awards along the way.
Guys from successful programs have the experience of winning expectations and sometimes blossom as professionals as the sacrifice for the good of the team.
Curious how Brunson fairs as a pro.
GoNyGoNyGo
USA
4/12/2018  9:33 AM
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Frank
Thjr
Bridges
KP
Kanter

Burke
Dotson
Kornet
Oquinn
etc..

off the bench.

100% and we may not even be good... but this is a very good direction. Better player and guys in their young 20s who we can start building a culture and continuity with. I would not be suprised if Frank is the key guy in a culture turn around. Its also why I keep harping on Mikal Bridges.. another top flight defensive player, dead eye shooter TEAM FIRST guy.

I am high on Bridges too. I wanted Tatum in the worst way. I am not sure Bridges will be as good year 1 but solid career is likely.
GoNyGoNyGo
USA
4/12/2018  9:48 AM
Knixkik wrote:

Frank
Thjr
Bridges
KP
Kanter

Burke
Dotson
Kornet
Oquinn
etc..

off the bench.

Agreed. Foundation is getting there. Frank showed a lot towards the end.

Dotson is going to be good, imo. Solid backup for sure. Defends, rebounds and can shoot it. I hope he works hard this summer and is resigned for multiple years. Need to add more pieces at the wing this summer and another young Front court guy.

Nalod
USA
4/12/2018  10:00 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Frank
Thjr
Bridges
KP
Kanter

Burke
Dotson
Kornet
Oquinn
etc..

off the bench.

I am high on Bridges too. I wanted Tatum in the worst way. I am not sure Bridges will be as good year 1 but solid career is likely.

Tatums pedigree and walking into a great infrastructure was paramount to his successful rookie campaign.
I doubt he would have succeeded as well in ours.
One can hope Bridges if he is our guy can be impactful like Tatum was. Ainge got his guy.
Fultz seems to be coming around.
Its crazy we were up a few games up on philly after 30 games!!!

fishmike
USA
4/12/2018  11:27 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Frank
Thjr
Bridges
KP
Kanter

Burke
Dotson
Kornet
Oquinn
etc..

off the bench.

Agreed. Foundation is getting there. Frank showed a lot towards the end.

Dotson is going to be good, imo. Solid backup for sure. Defends, rebounds and can shoot it. I hope he works hard this summer and is resigned for multiple years. Need to add more pieces at the wing this summer and another young Front court guy.

He looked like Jalen Brown. Obviously at this point he's a VERY poor man's Jalen Brown but thats the player he looks like when he's got it going. Nice jumper, great slasher, either finishes strong or uses his athleticism to get off a crafty shot. Attacks glass, fights on D... Remember Dotson was once regarded as first round or possibly lottery talent. He had that sex assault charge dropped, switched schools, got a 2nd chance and has made the most. Gotta see more but we saw very promising stuff late. He had a great year in the G league as well.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/12/2018  12:24 PM
fishmike wrote:He looked like Jalen Brown. Obviously at this point he's a VERY poor man's Jalen Brown but thats the player he looks like when he's got it going. Nice jumper, great slasher, either finishes strong or uses his athleticism to get off a crafty shot. Attacks glass, fights on D... Remember Dotson was once regarded as first round or possibly lottery talent. He had that sex assault charge dropped, switched schools, got a 2nd chance and has made the most. Gotta see more but we saw very promising stuff late. He had a great year in the G league as well.

I don't see Jaylen Brown, but I do see a guy who is an ready made three and D guy in this league. Remember when there were teams reportedly trying to hustle him away from us? And that was before he got playing time. Phil and Gains with another solid pick. I'd say they broke even in terms of scouting talent. Hopefully we can start trimming the fat on this shooting guard glut and give Dotson more playing time. Yes, that means Ron better start shooting at league average next year. Hopefully we can find a decent landing spot for Cortney Lee and get two second rounders for him.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
USA
4/12/2018  4:50 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:He looked like Jalen Brown. Obviously at this point he's a VERY poor man's Jalen Brown but thats the player he looks like when he's got it going. Nice jumper, great slasher, either finishes strong or uses his athleticism to get off a crafty shot. Attacks glass, fights on D... Remember Dotson was once regarded as first round or possibly lottery talent. He had that sex assault charge dropped, switched schools, got a 2nd chance and has made the most. Gotta see more but we saw very promising stuff late. He had a great year in the G league as well.

I don't see Jaylen Brown, but I do see a guy who is an ready made three and D guy in this league. Remember when there were teams reportedly trying to hustle him away from us? And that was before he got playing time. Phil and Gains with another solid pick. I'd say they broke even in terms of scouting talent. Hopefully we can start trimming the fat on this shooting guard glut and give Dotson more playing time. Yes, that means Ron better start shooting at league average next year. Hopefully we can find a decent landing spot for Cortney Lee and get two second rounders for him.
that would be perfect. Dotson/Frank/Timmy/Baker can all play 2, some 3 also and some 1 also... that is a good group to have some healthy competition interally and let the coach push the "who wants to work hardest" buttons. Add Bridges to that group and we have some nice athletic 2 way guys around Burke who is showing he can really run an offense.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/12/2018  6:06 PM
Hopefully Frank has a terrific summer and builds on his end of the season success. From the espn article on the homepage,
Ntilikina, whose first NBA campaign produced mixed results. He finished a league-worst 3.1 wins worse than replacement level by my metric, registering the worst true shooting percentage (.437) for any player who saw more than 1,000 minutes of action. On the plus side, Ntilikina was solid at the defensive end of the court, ranking 34th among point guards in defense, according to ESPN's real plus-minus (RPM). He also showed more advanced playmaking than expected, encouraging given the tendency for point guards to develop later than players at other positions.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23137298/how-far-new-york-knicks-playoffs-nba
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
reub
Member: #6227

4/12/2018  7:46 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Hopefully Frank has a terrific summer and builds on his end of the season success. From the espn article on the homepage,
Ntilikina, whose first NBA campaign produced mixed results. He finished a league-worst 3.1 wins worse than replacement level by my metric, registering the worst true shooting percentage (.437) for any player who saw more than 1,000 minutes of action. On the plus side, Ntilikina was solid at the defensive end of the court, ranking 34th among point guards in defense, according to ESPN's real plus-minus (RPM). He also showed more advanced playmaking than expected, encouraging given the tendency for point guards to develop later than players at other positions.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23137298/how-far-new-york-knicks-playoffs-nba

34th among point guards on defense? These stats are plain wrong.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/12/2018  8:13 PM
reub wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Hopefully Frank has a terrific summer and builds on his end of the season success. From the espn article on the homepage,

Pelton has his own formula and ESPN DRPM is iffy. I mean, it has Ramon Sessions as 27.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
USA
4/13/2018  11:59 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
reub wrote:

Pelton has his own formula and ESPN DRPM is iffy. I mean, it has Ramon Sessions as 27.
doesnt matter. What do we see? Look at his last few games, look at how he's playing better, not just that he is.

Frank played 78 games and 22mpg. He managed the gain 8lbs of muscle over the season. He has gotten better and shown the reasons he was deserving to be picked in the lottery. Over all it was a not a good year by NBA standards but for a 19 year old breaking into the league this is what taking lumps looks like and this was a good year to do it.

Still happy we have this kid and I consider him an important core piece moving forward.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/13/2018  9:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/13/2018  9:09 PM
Uptown wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Next year's team

Porzingis/Thomas
Hardaway/Bridges
Ntilikina/Dotson
Burke/Mudiay

Looks like another lotto team to me...

Lotto? That team has a great shot at picking 1st
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Frank the Blank

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy