[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank the Blank
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/4/2018  3:53 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:Hey... Frank's offense is bad. He's just now starting to shoot more and its not going in. Kid is going to be fine. He's got game. Once puberty sets in and hits the weight room he's a player. Hopefully its only a year or two and not 5

Lets pretend he's Dennis Smith, ignore the losing, the score and just focus on a fun play

https://www.msgnetworks.com/videos/highlight-frank-razzle-dazzle/

Smith had 18, 8 and 8 last night and his team beat the Blazers. The Knicks never sent Frank down to Westchester but the squad that got the majority of the minutes last night for the Magic isn't that different from a g league squad.

What about that time Frank outplayed DSJ earlier in the year? Or Lonzo? And those games meant more at the timr. None of this really matters because all teams involved suck. If you want to drive yourself crazy every time another rookie has a hood game, go ahead. But this is a fairly long process.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/4/2018  3:53 PM
martin wrote:Was pretty surprised by this when it went down. Same for block on Biyombo at the rim.

Im sorry is this an important part of basketball? Its not a steal or block or an assist so some here cant quantify it but it just as impressive as dunk in traffic or a big shot. It doesnt mean Frank doesnt suck on offense, but its the kind of play people see and understand that it shows the potential to be one of the best defenders in the league. Most certainly worth pick 8
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/4/2018  3:56 PM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:Was pretty surprised by this when it went down. Same for block on Biyombo at the rim.

Im sorry is this an important part of basketball? Its not a steal or block or an assist so some here cant quantify it but it just as impressive as dunk in traffic or a big shot. It doesnt mean Frank doesnt suck on offense, but its the kind of play people see and understand that it shows the potential to be one of the best defenders in the league. Most certainly worth pick 8

Illustrates what happens when you have smart defenders. I give KOQ credit for that play as well.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/4/2018  4:02 PM
fishmike wrote:

This is why people have to watch games to understand value vs. just looking at the box score.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/4/2018  4:18 PM
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:

This is why people have to watch games to understand value vs. just looking at the box score.

Well... if we are gonna be fair the box score said 1-8 and there is no way to dress that up. Its a **** night at the office for Frank. The point is its NOT all bad, and even though we keep running Frank out there through these 1-8 nights he's making plays on the other side of the ball that remind us why we drafted him. He's taking his lumps.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/4/2018  4:24 PM
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Well... if we are gonna be fair the box score said 1-8 and there is no way to dress that up. Its a **** night at the office for Frank. The point is its NOT all bad, and even though we keep running Frank out there through these 1-8 nights he's making plays on the other side of the ball that remind us why we drafted him. He's taking his lumps.

not knicks1248, nope, he a basking in his own glory and his little GM typing fingers wants to dump frank.

knicks1248
Member: #582
4/4/2018  7:01 PM
Nalod wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:

not knicks1248, nope, he a basking in his own glory and his little GM typing fingers wants to dump frank.

Yep, your so use to seeing the the KNICKS lose in every trade that you can't even fathom them making a trade to get better.

Your so use to seeing the knicks (or this FO) dump players as oppose making a good trade that helps the team now and in the future.
Never once in any post have i said the words DUMPing frank, I said trading him, there's a big difference.

You just prove to me that you really have no faith in this FO to make good trades, or you feel that frank has no value. I'm not opposed to trading anybody on this roster if it makes us better now and in the near future.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/5/2018  12:23 AM
knicks1248 wrote:2 points on 1-8 from the kid again, but some of you are going to rave about his 2 blocks.

They need to shop this kid, and at this point his value is lower than willie.

Frank needs to be on a team with some really good player

Implied
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/5/2018  12:38 AM

Beck was referring to Jason Kidd in the above

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
4/5/2018  12:47 AM
And for the record: I am super bullish on Frank. His ceiling for defense is All-Defense first team IMHO. His scoring sucks but his shot is not broken and just needs reps and confidence. Passing and awareness of player movement and space is excellent. Frank MUST play at a higher speed at all times (ala Nash or Kidd) and constantly force the issue with defenses. I think he'll be able to run a team quite nicely in 2 years. He will be able to guard 1-4 and blanket guys in a couple of year, something that wings just don't/can't do today. Once he gets strength, he'll be able to post up and shoot over most all PGs.

Feel like he will still come off bench next year. Watch out in 3rd year though.

Feel like he is on the same path as KP was when he first came into league but he didn't have the same pedigree and coaching so he is waaaayyy behind the curve. Doesn't have explosion but is sneaky quick with very good footwork and lateral movement. Doesn't have strength (yet) but knows how to leverage his body.

martin
USA
4/5/2018  1:27 AM
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/5/2018  9:41 AM
martin wrote:And for the record: I am super bullish on Frank. His ceiling for defense is All-Defense first team IMHO. His scoring sucks but his shot is not broken and just needs reps and confidence. Passing and awareness of player movement and space is excellent. Frank MUST play at a higher speed at all times (ala Nash or Kidd) and constantly force the issue with defenses. I think he'll be able to run a team quite nicely in 2 years. He will be able to guard 1-4 and blanket guys in a couple of year, something that wings just don't/can't do today. Once he gets strength, he'll be able to post up and shoot over most all PGs.

Feel like he is on the same path as KP was when he first came into league but he didn't have the same pedigree and coaching so he is waaaayyy behind the curve. Doesn't have explosion but is sneaky quick with very good footwork and lateral movement. Doesn't have strength (yet) but knows how to leverage his body.

Remember watching clips of Frank playing in France. Showed a nice stutter step. Saw some of it when he first got to the league, not much since. Guessing that it was hard to use effectively against faster NBA defenders.

If Frank can improve his conditioning over the summer, we should see him expand his repetoire. If Frank is serious about taking his game to the next level, hes got to get in much better shape.

Knixkik
USA
4/5/2018  9:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/5/2018  9:53 AM
martin wrote:And for the record: I am super bullish on Frank. His ceiling for defense is All-Defense first team IMHO. His scoring sucks but his shot is not broken and just needs reps and confidence. Passing and awareness of player movement and space is excellent. Frank MUST play at a higher speed at all times (ala Nash or Kidd) and constantly force the issue with defenses. I think he'll be able to run a team quite nicely in 2 years. He will be able to guard 1-4 and blanket guys in a couple of year, something that wings just don't/can't do today. Once he gets strength, he'll be able to post up and shoot over most all PGs.

I can't wait to see what he looks like in a couple of years. He's really one of a kind for PG. He has the size and length to guard anyone. If he develops even an ounce of offense, he will be so tough. Like a guard version of Draymond. He has DPOY potential at either position. I really believe Ntilikina, Burke, and Hardaway make an excellent guard rotation moving forward. Which ones start is up in the air, but long-term, Frank is going to be really good. Guys who don't watch closely and just follow stats don't have a clue. Just need patience with him.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/5/2018  9:53 AM
martin wrote:

The conversation on Araton's twitter is awesome. I follow him and have had conversations with him before. Both he and Isola respond to you if you tweet them. Also, that Macri guy from The Knicks Wall is worth a follow. Glad guys are still high on Frank. In regards to Kidd, he endorsed another Knick point guard a few years back. Hope he is more accurate with his endorsement this time.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
4/5/2018  10:45 AM
all of this seem like we just went through it with shumpert. He was regarded as one of the top defensive guards in the league..

Mean while I just had to check to see if he was still in the league

ES
martin
USA
4/5/2018  10:52 AM
knicks1248 wrote:all of this seem like we just went through it with shumpert. He was regarded as one of the top defensive guards in the league..

Shumpert literally can't make a layup or shot and his shot seems broken. His passing and court awareness as a PG are really bad, and if you need to stick him at the SG spot, his flaws as a scorer become more pronounced.

He is a very good physical defender but I can't remember if I watched enough to see how he was as a team defender.

martin
USA
4/5/2018  10:53 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:

The conversation on Araton's twitter is awesome. I follow him and have had conversations with him before. Both he and Isola respond to you if you tweet them. Also, that Macri guy from The Knicks Wall is worth a follow. Glad guys are still high on Frank. In regards to Kidd, he endorsed another Knick point guard a few years back. Hope he is more accurate with his endorsement this time.

I like Macri a lot. No idea why you would EVER follow Isola

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/5/2018  12:33 PM
I think frank has ahd a relatively underwhelming first year

that said, you don't need to look much farther than Burke to know you shouldn't give up on a PG so early in his career. that's just straight up foolish

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Knixkik
USA
4/5/2018  12:38 PM
knicks1248 wrote:all of this seem like we just went through it with shumpert. He was regarded as one of the top defensive guards in the league..

A lot of differences between them. Other than defensive reputations, they came into the league with 2 difference styles of play.

knicks1248
4/5/2018  1:18 PM
martin wrote:

Shumpert literally can't make a layup or shot and his shot seems broken. His passing and court awareness as a PG are really bad, and if you need to stick him at the SG spot, his flaws as a scorer become more pronounced.

He is a very good physical defender but I can't remember if I watched enough to see how he was as a team defender.

I never considered shump to be a PG, it was silly if the knicks thought that was going to happen(similar to frank.

I'm sure you remember shumpert running full speed down court only to stop just above the 3 point line and defer (sounds familiar).

This is why I say most players game does not change much from when they 1st enter the league.

Some of you literally sound like you wouldn't trade frank unless it was for labron...really insane

ES
Frank the Blank

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy