Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/16/2018  2:36 PM
Knick fan: Until I see it, it ain't.
Its a New York thing.
I thought I read Frank has grown another inch. He might still have another to go according to the article. They can xray wrist plates.
What do we see? Frank hesitant or still programed to pass first. Funny we blast this kid for passing to much.
+/- nightly is pretty good. Last night he comes out of game and the lead goes away.
Since all teams regret not taking another AFTER it should be interesting to see the next few years.
Remember when we lamented heavy about Brandon Jennings when we passed on him? Think Denver regrets Mudiay? Do knicks fans think we are the only team ever to miss things?
Time does change how the draft should have played out.
As for Frank, I don't get why so many fans think they are qualified to make statements regarding what frank will or not be. Maybe Phil just drafted the player at the 8 that had the highest ceiling and he was planning to dump Melo and rebuild long term?
Its obvious Frank has all the tools for upside potential but was physically under developed. Its why some of us are just simply hopeful he can reach that potential and if it takes a few years so be it. We won't know for some time!!!!
Next year he could be 6-7 with an even bigger wingspan and he might be a "PG13/Pipen" Type player. Scotty Pip was no offensive juggernut his rookie year and he was a few years older for sure!
Frank is 19, that buys a lot of free passes in my book.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/16/2018  2:50 PM
Kemet wrote:Frank Ntilikina reminds me so much of Trevor Ariza rookie season with the Knicks.
A 6.6 pass-first point forward who needs to work on outside scoring skills

Pretty good comparison. Reezy had great instincts on the ball. You could see he was not strong enough for the grind yet but did things in spurts that were indicative. Rookies are rarely consistent so you look for rays of sunshine.
Its easy to punch holes in these kids game and state "Im not convinced that"......
Well, of course your not convinced! Nobody is! We just fans rooting like hell looking for signs of hope.
Others look for signs of despair and point the negative energy at someone to blame.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/16/2018  5:20 PM
Nalod wrote:
Kemet wrote:Frank Ntilikina reminds me so much of Trevor Ariza rookie season with the Knicks.
A 6.6 pass-first point forward who needs to work on outside scoring skills

Pretty good comparison. Reezy had great instincts on the ball. You could see he was not strong enough for the grind yet but did things in spurts that were indicative. Rookies are rarely consistent so you look for rays of sunshine.
Its easy to punch holes in these kids game and state "Im not convinced that"......
Well, of course your not convinced! Nobody is! We just fans rooting like hell looking for signs of hope.
Others look for signs of despair and point the negative energy at someone to blame.

Well hopefully Frank isn't delusional.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/18/2018  3:32 PM
Knicks allow 105 point per 100 possessions with frank on the floor, and 110 points per 100 possessions with him off the floor. Frank is literally a major impact player as a rookie. Forget about the basic stats. He's got big upside.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

3/18/2018  6:31 PM
Knixkik wrote:Knicks allow 105 point per 100 possessions with frank on the floor, and 110 points per 100 possessions with him off the floor. Frank is literally a major impact player as a rookie. Forget about the basic stats. He's got big upside.

Yeahbba Dennis Smith Jr can score. So there.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/18/2018  8:11 PM
Knixkik wrote:Knicks allow 105 point per 100 possessions with frank on the floor, and 110 points per 100 possessions with him off the floor. Frank is literally a major impact player as a rookie. Forget about the basic stats. He's got big upside.

Frank has been doing this with a weak teenage body!!! He’s going to fill out and get stronger. He’s much closer to being a consistent impact player than it often looked this year. He didn’t have the same amount of professional prep time before the season that the NCAA kids had. This summer could be much more beneficial to his growth.

Knixkik
USA
3/19/2018  12:27 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:

Exactly!!!

Of all of the advanced metrics stuff i have looked at, i can confidently say that Frank has had a better rookie year than Smith. There, i said it!!!

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
3/19/2018  3:32 PM
nixluva wrote:

Frank has been doing this with a weak teenage body!!! He’s going to fill out and get stronger. He’s much closer to being a consistent impact player than it often looked this year. He didn’t have the same amount of professional prep time before the season that the NCAA kids had. This summer could be much more beneficial to his growth.

I have been a Frank fan all season except for a few games where he seemed to regress or hit a wall
He has been playing better lately and his Offense is coming along well. He is showing that he not only belongs but WILL be a core player for this team in a year or two.

In general, I think the team has many good parts that can contribute to a good team next year especially when KP gets back.

I would love to see NY get Bridges from Villanova. I hope he will reach them. That type of player will get this team to the next level, which is the playoffs. Add a healthy KP and a more consistent PG situation and the team will be on the right track.

Frank is a key part of it and I am not sure if there is anyone I'd rather have from his draft class. Mitchell? Kuzma? Smith ? No. Ball? No - due to father mostly but player too.

Knixkik
USA
3/19/2018  4:49 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I have been a Frank fan all season except for a few games where he seemed to regress or hit a wall
He has been playing better lately and his Offense is coming along well. He is showing that he not only belongs but WILL be a core player for this team in a year or two.

In general, I think the team has many good parts that can contribute to a good team next year especially when KP gets back.

I would love to see NY get Bridges from Villanova. I hope he will reach them. That type of player will get this team to the next level, which is the playoffs. Add a healthy KP and a more consistent PG situation and the team will be on the right track.

Frank is a key part of it and I am not sure if there is anyone I'd rather have from his draft class. Mitchell? Kuzma? Smith ? No. Ball? No - due to father mostly but player too.

Mitchell is a star, so i think most would prefer him. But no one else drafted behind Frank has proven to be a true impact player to this point. Frank's floor is elite role player i think.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/19/2018  5:03 PM
Knixkik wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Mitchell is a star, so i think most would prefer him. But no one else drafted behind Frank has proven to be a true impact player to this point. Frank's floor is elite role player i think.

if his offense stinks he's not elite anything. Iggy is an elite role player. I have no worries about Frank's shooting eventually being serviceable at least. Remains to see if he's ever an impact scorer. Not saying he wont, just that we havent seen that yet.

Worse case he's Andre Robertson. I think and hope he will be significantly better. Time will tell. Some weights and a year in the NBA under his belt should do wonders for his game. I expect a big step forward next year, but again.. time will tell.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
USA
3/19/2018  9:00 PM
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

if his offense stinks he's not elite anything. Iggy is an elite role player. I have no worries about Frank's shooting eventually being serviceable at least. Remains to see if he's ever an impact scorer. Not saying he wont, just that we havent seen that yet.

Worse case he's Andre Robertson. I think and hope he will be significantly better. Time will tell. Some weights and a year in the NBA under his belt should do wonders for his game. I expect a big step forward next year, but again.. time will tell.

I think he has Iggy potential. That is probably a fair goal in terms of impact. His latter years at least.

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
3/25/2018  1:30 AM
https://youtu.be/JZH12GLPKJQ?list=PLb-SBx4NvVy4nbttlsC4JXX4z1KtW_BTF
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
3/25/2018  1:32 AM
How do you edit/delete posts using the mobile version? :(
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/25/2018  9:28 AM
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

No one here questions whether Frank can be a rotation player. I've questioned his ability to play PG but I never thought he wouldnt be a useful piece. My problem is adding useful pieces like Andre Robertson for 30 wins seasons won't change the Knicks into playoff contenders. So why Frank is a solid piece in building a team where are we getting our engine, how do we get our Harden, Curry, or Westbrook, hell I will even take a Lillard or Wall. where are we getting the piece that pulls us out of the crap hole because the chances of getting that guy at 9 every year is a longshot. We blew our cap space on 6th man Tim Hardaway Jr., Porzingis will be offered a max deal this summer and he will take it because of the injury.In that respect we have dodged a bullet because I believe he was going to walk. However knowing full well his career projection at this point is 50/50 at best at returning he will grab the money. The Knicks have no choice they have to offer the deal. SO can we still offer a max deal to Kyrie in 2 offseasons? Is a team of say

Kyrie
Frank
Mikal Bridges
Porzingis
Next Year Lottery Pick

Burke
Hardaway

Is that team good enough to compete? Doesn't look that bad actually

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

3/25/2018  3:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/25/2018  4:00 PM
Knixkik wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Exactly!!!

Of all of the advanced metrics stuff i have looked at, i can confidently say that Frank has had a better rookie year than Smith. There, i said it!!!

It's fairly obvious, except to people who think a PGs only role is to score because that's all they ever look at.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
reub
Member: #6227

3/25/2018  10:20 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Exactly!!!

It's fairly obvious, except to people who think a PGs only role is to score because that's all they ever look at.

Don't make me bring back my Frank versus DSJr thread again!

knicks1248
Member: #582
3/26/2018  8:22 AM
another 2 point night shooting 16%. He looked better 71 games ago
ES
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

3/26/2018  9:00 AM
knicks1248 wrote:another 2 point night shooting 16%. He looked better 71 games ago

Yea but his defense was top notch/elite... Jeff needs to make frank a bigger part of the offense he just missed his open looks tonight, wish he got the ball more frequently on O so he’s in the flow and not stiffly taking a few jumpers through out a long game, never in rhythm. Coach has to do a better job of getting him involved. He seems like a passive teenager.

Knixkik
USA
3/26/2018  9:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/26/2018  9:18 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:another 2 point night shooting 16%. He looked better 71 games ago

Yea but his defense was top notch/elite... Jeff needs to make frank a bigger part of the offense he just missed his open looks tonight, wish he got the ball more frequently on O so he’s in the flow and not stiffly taking a few jumpers through out a long game, never in rhythm. Coach has to do a better job of getting him involved. He seems like a passive teenager.

Knicks1248 has been a troll about Frank for quite some time, and literally only cares about scoring averages. He ignores any metrics which show his value on the floor, because he's not scoring a ton of points. Don't even bother trying to point these things out to him. When he says he looked better 71 games ago, it shows he has no interest in his defensive ability or any other aspect of his game besides scoring and shooting percentages. Otherwise he would realize what a ridiculous statement he made. Such is life, can't please them all.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/26/2018  9:21 AM
fitzfarm wrote:

I'm so sick of reading posts like this....

Frank played like **** again but we're gonna talk about his "elite defense" and complain that Frank isn't more involved in the offense....

Frank is not the only player in the team! We are not catering to him.... as it is we're forcing him into minutes he doesn't deserve. So now we need to run plays specifically just to get him shots? Gtfoh!

I bet we're gonna say Mudiay was terrible tonight too right? That 11pt, 7 assist, 6 rebound might was terrible... but in the same 21 minutes Frank got 2pts 2 rebounds and 1 assist.... zero steals and blocks.... but Frank is elite right? Gtfoh!

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Frank the Blank

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy