USA
2/12/2018  11:49 PM
martin wrote:
Finestrg wrote:
arkrud wrote:
GrandDesign wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

You've added immature to stupid! Good job

Well seeing as how I'm twice your size if you catch my drift......and that I'm incredibly mature AND have a genius level IQ (no bragging necessary) whereas you've already proven yourself to be insanely immature, illiterate, drunk, impotent, rageful, and borderline retarded, I'd say you're utilizing that ol' pathetic reverse psychology again. See, I'm going to ruin your shadow life on here.

OR - we can meet in real life. I'm upstate. We can meet at 40 yards, or 4 feet. I'm good either way.

I scouted this site before joining. You're the idiot no one likes here. Good job!

WOW.. BRIGGS getting famous. Like Trump...

See, I love how our illustrious moderator lets this crap go...but if it were done to one of "his guys," he'd address it. But me or Briggs.. Nah, not worth addressing, right? I love it--a good 15 mins after this stupidity, dude's lecturing Eny about Frank and let's some punk outta nowhere with 17 posts talk to Briggs like that. Great job!! Marty the moderator. Yeah!!!

I didn't let it go, closed it down in fact. Thanks for this BTW, your level of character really shines through.

In fact, Finestrg, I am goin to address this one time to you very directly: I don't have time for middle school level posts that you put out above; it's a waste of your time and mine and I don't want to deal with it. If you'd like to help Andrew and I with new posters who get out of line, I'd appreciate the assist. If the above is all you can offer this site under this type of circumstance, I'd ask that you find a new site to post in. Thanks.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

2/12/2018  11:51 PM
martin wrote:
Finestrg wrote:
arkrud wrote:
GrandDesign wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Well seeing as how I'm twice your size if you catch my drift......and that I'm incredibly mature AND have a genius level IQ (no bragging necessary) whereas you've already proven yourself to be insanely immature, illiterate, drunk, impotent, rageful, and borderline retarded, I'd say you're utilizing that ol' pathetic reverse psychology again. See, I'm going to ruin your shadow life on here.

OR - we can meet in real life. I'm upstate. We can meet at 40 yards, or 4 feet. I'm good either way.

I scouted this site before joining. You're the idiot no one likes here. Good job!

WOW.. BRIGGS getting famous. Like Trump...

See, I love how our illustrious moderator lets this crap go...but if it were done to one of "his guys," he'd address it. But me or Briggs.. Nah, not worth addressing, right? I love it--a good 15 mins after this stupidity, dude's lecturing Eny about Frank and let's some punk outta nowhere with 17 posts talk to Briggs like that. Great job!! Marty the moderator. Yeah!!!

I didn't let it go, closed it down in fact. Thanks for this BTW, your level of character really shines through.

What'd ya close down, bud?!? And you're welcome. As does your level of character, every time you jump all over me like I'm some moron for just talkin' hoops. Cheers!

reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

2/13/2018  1:13 AM
If Frank played in the States he'd be a freshman in college right now. Please give the kid a break people.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/13/2018  1:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/13/2018  1:21 AM
reub wrote:If Frank played in the States he'd be a freshman in college right now. Please give the kid a break people.

Id like to see Frank play "harder". Is that asking too much? I dont see him flying all over the place--something a player deficient in skill should be doing--age not important?
Theres a freshmen PG on Kentucky who reminds me a bit of Frank. Not overly athletic or super skilled but he has more guts than Frank.

RIP Crushalot😞
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/13/2018  7:08 AM
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GrandDesign wrote:19 year olds, dude.

If he's 19 and can't play then he belongs back in France on the bench just like he was last year

Eny, this is what a rebuild with a very young player looks like. Get used to it. Sometimes they have great games, lots of times they stink.

this
blkexec
Member: #748
2/13/2018  7:22 AM
Martin......sounds like you could use some help policing. Might not be a bad idea to have your vets help police new posters. I'm assuming your not getting paid for this.....we appreciate your time.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
2/13/2018  8:07 AM
GrandDesign wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

You just got here and your contribution is trolling people who have been here for years?
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
2/13/2018  8:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/13/2018  8:27 AM
I'm not sure what Frank is developing right now. He doesn't really seem to be trying anything. To everyone who thinks he needs to get more minutes that just isn't the way it works. If u play people who are performing worse over better it creates a lot of locker room discord. Everyone wants minutes. If you have a bad atmosphere development for anyone is impossible. A coach can't do that losing games and losing the locker room gets u fired and makes u unhireable. Frank already gets far more minutes than is warranted and I'm sure that is causing friction already.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/13/2018  9:20 AM
blkexec wrote:Martin......sounds like you could use some help policing. Might not be a bad idea to have your vets help police new posters. I'm assuming your not getting paid for this.....we appreciate your time.

That dude that flamed on Briggs big time was "shocking" in his delivery. Very un UK like.
We mostly address posts, not the person. Eg: "that point was dumb"....Vs...."your dumb to post that".
Martin can't monitor 24/7 and I doubt the time line was very long until he addressed that dude.
It usually best that Martin and Andrew exercise that power but no doubt we need to look out for each other.
While we don't always agree we are all knicks fans and this is OUR PLACE to talk it out. Sometimes argue, sometimes sarcastic, but have to have rules otherwise it falls apart.

Its pretty easy, if you make claims back it up. Facts matter.
If you have an opinion with no facts, say it as such. Don't make shyt up.
If your wrong, and we all are, admit it. We all get things wrong.
Apologize when wrong or out of line. We all lose our minds.
Don't take yourself too seriously. None of us are really that important in the scheme of things. We have no real voice and our choices are not relevant to the knicks.
I have broken about ever rule in my long tenure here, and Martin years ago asked me to stop once or twice a dialog. Basically he will give you a choice, either adhere to the protocals or in effect your choosing to leave. The first amendment is not in question here, its just the rules of engagement.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/13/2018  9:25 AM
nykshaknbake wrote:I'm not sure what Frank is developing right now. He doesn't really seem to be trying anything. To everyone who thinks he needs to get more minutes that just isn't the way it works. If u play people who are performing worse over better it creates a lot of locker room discord. Everyone wants minutes. If you have a bad atmosphere development for anyone is impossible. A coach can't do that losing games and losing the locker room gets u fired and makes u unhireable. Frank already gets far more minutes than is warranted and I'm sure that is causing friction already.

Frank needs to play much much harder--thats step 1. He was billed as a "greek" freak 2 but the only thing I see is a passive player running around with no clue. Go get me 8 rebounds go stick like glue on your man--dive for some balls take it to the basket hard. He does NOTHING like that--he plays passively and hes scared to shoot. NO DOUBT in my mind that he should be G league for many games practice. Let Mudiay and Burke play up here.

RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/13/2018  9:28 AM
There seemed to be a brief momentary spike In Frank's performance right after a PG was added to the roster. It briefly got his attention.

Remember the first time Burke came off the floor, after putting up good numbers in short order. They cut to the bench at the first stoppage in play, and everyone was off the bench cheering, lots of smiles, except for Frank who just stood there looking at Burke with a scowl on his face.

I believe these examples show that Frank has a competitive streak in him that has yet to be tapped into, from what we've seen on the court. Frank's on court performance can be best described as passive, IMO.

How do the Knicks tap into that competitive streak? Do something that will get Frank's attention like stop giving him minutes, if he isnt aggressive.

I keep hearing "he's only 19". Well, this 19 year old sees that his minutes are unaffected by his play. The incentive to do what is neccessary to grow as a player isnt there. Let Frank watch Burke and Mudiay from the bench, and see how he responds. The other way hasnt worked, if anything its made Frank complacent. Which you might expect from a 19 year old.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/13/2018  9:30 AM
nykshaknbake wrote:I'm not sure what Frank is developing right now. He doesn't really seem to be trying anything. To everyone who thinks he needs to get more minutes that just isn't the way it works. If u play people who are performing worse over better it creates a lot of locker room discord. Everyone wants minutes. If you have a bad atmosphere development for anyone is impossible. A coach can't do that losing games and losing the locker room gets u fired and makes u unhireable. Frank already gets far more minutes than is warranted and I'm sure that is causing friction already.

we are focused on Frank more than others and we are so not used to rookie seasons as a knick fan!
WE have witnessed some very good things from frank so its not like he can't perform at this level.
He is a young man and not been exposed to as many minutes playing and certainly at this level. WE have to go on that he was drafted on future potential and he has hit a wall. Might be mental, might be physical, might be both. Kid is not lazy, stupid, or lacking talent.
I dont' think he needs "Motivation", to be humiliated or "Humbled", or do I feel regret based on 50 games.
Is it ok for fans to question the faith of the franchise? Of course it is.

Chandler
Member: #6197

2/13/2018  9:39 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

Frank needs to play much much harder--thats step 1. He was billed as a "greek" freak 2 but the only thing I see is a passive player running around with no clue. Go get me 8 rebounds go stick like glue on your man--dive for some balls take it to the basket hard. He does NOTHING like that--he plays passively and hes scared to shoot. NO DOUBT in my mind that he should be G league for many games practice. Let Mudiay and Burke play up here.

I think you're being too critical. He is clearly thinking too much right now about everything. He wasn't passive going up for that block on Simmons

Having said that, i'm clearly worried about his recent development as so much seems off at the moment. I've heard about a quad strain but who knows.

(5)(5)
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/13/2018  11:00 AM
this is why you send him to the d-league. his conditioning is not up to snuff. his confidence could get shattered. let him get 35 mpg in Westchester, let him shoot 20 spg, and let him get ready for next year because he ain't ready now
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/13/2018  11:12 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GrandDesign wrote:19 year olds, dude.

If he's 19 and can't play then he belongs back in France on the bench just like he was last year

Eny, this is what a rebuild with a very young player looks like. Get used to it. Sometimes they have great games, lots of times they stink.

this

He's had far too many games were his line reads...0 pts -0 rebounds- 2ast 5 turnovers. Some of you turn a blind eye to all the negatives and focus on the one good pass, or that one steal/deflection, or that one lay up or the great form on the 1 or 2 the 3 pointers he hit.

Right now frank is a really bad player, and the fact that we now have nothing to play for, your going to develop him in a losing culture..NOT GOOD

ES
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/13/2018  11:15 AM
I think Frank is right where he needs to be. Kids are going to struggle and Frank is a very young kid. Only one other kid is younger and he’s not in any rotation. Frank has some paralysis from overthinking and a lack of confidence. He clearly has the talent but it’s all mental.

The NBA season is long and comes at you rapidly. It’s understandable that Frank has some mental fatigue that manifests in some lazy passes. If he’s not going well he’ll sit. I see no reason to panic. Kid just played well the previous game. Oh and even in this last game he was a +4 and Mudiay a -18. Sometimes it’s hard to tell what impact a player is having if you only look at scoring.

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
2/13/2018  11:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/13/2018  11:37 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

He plays plenty hard, but it’s just misdirected. His defense has definitely suffered since he’s been trying to get more aggressive offensively. It’s a lot to ask a rookie who gives 100% on D to be explosive and aggressive on offense too. He’s kinda burning the candle at both ends in his first season vs the big boys. I see him try and make a play get all the way to the rim and then turn around head down and chug back on D as hard as he can. Not sure how people can question how hard he’s playing, just needs to find his way and use his energy the right way for him. I think the coaching staff is still figuring out where and how to best use him.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/13/2018  11:59 AM
Zebo13 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

He plays plenty hard, but it’s just misdirected. His defense has definitely suffered since he’s been trying to get more aggressive offensively. It’s a lot to ask a rookie who gives 100% on D to be explosive and aggressive on offense too. He’s kinda burning the candle at both ends in his first season vs the big boys. I see him try and make a play get all the way to the rim and then turn around head down and chug back on D as hard as he can. Not sure how people can question how hard he’s playing, just needs to find his way and use his energy the right way for him. I think the coaching staff is still figuring out where and how to best use him.

and so is he. Its his first taste of NBA anything. I want to see him play better also, but I am not put off by anything. He's a hard worker
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/13/2018  12:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/13/2018  1:35 PM
GrandDesign wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Huh? What are you 12? Nothing wrong with a couple of jabs but its all just opinions on here. So defend yours or move on with the tough talk.

As far as Frank is concerned. Hey, some on here thought he was the wrong pick, too young and unproven and not as good as others that were still on the board.(ME) And yea I will be happy to remind those who argued with me amd thought it was crazy for me to want Mitchell or Smith over him.

With that said, he is a Knick. If we look at what should be done from here, then you have to stay put and hope he developes.. Give him Some time to improve and work on his weaknesses. The kid has a good build, decent shooting form and can defend. Yes it may turn out to be a bad 8th pick but it's not like we are spending close to 20 mil on a guy with no future here or not on the team.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/13/2018  12:45 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
GrandDesign wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Huh? What are you 12? Nothing wrong with a couple of jabs but its all opinuos on here. Dedend yours or mobe on with tough talk.

As far as Frank is concerned. Hey, some on here tho k he was the wrong pick, too young and unproven and not as good as others still on board. And yea I will be happy to remind those wgobthought 8 was crazy to want Mitchell or Smith over him.

With that said, he is a Knick. If we look at what should be done from here then you have to stay put. Hope he devwlopea. Give him time to improve and work on his weaknesses. The kid has a good team, decent shooting form and can defend. Yes it may turn out to be not the best 8th pick but it's not like we are spending close to 20 mil on a guy with no future here or not on the team.

Correct me if I am wrong here but I believe this started when Briggs said Moody and Peyton suck. For the most part, this is true but Briggs got attacked by the newbie. While Briggs should have easily known better and ignored the newbie who thinks he’s above BleacherReport, apparently, the newbie could have easily shown more proper etiquette, especially if he wants more eyes on his “product.”

As for everybody not liking Briggs: Incorrect. I’ve known him since 2002 on the MSG boards and like him plenty even though he gets out of line at times.... then again, so do I. He’s still a good poster and good guy.

To the newbie: I don’t know you and I have no clue what your purpose is. You sound like a 12 year old though so I suggest you think before you send.

The sad thing is that I’ve seen Mark Berman and Frank Isola act this same exact way on Twitter. Dumb.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Frank the Blank

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy