[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank the Blank
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

2/18/2018  10:05 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:This thread is typical of what I have come to expect from some of the posters here. Take every opportunity to dump on a player and then respond with surprise and comments like "I think there isn't a single Knicks fan that doesn't want the best for Frank". Well it's simple, if you want the best for the kid, STFU and support him when he needs it the most. This constant whining and bitching about straight up extrapolation of half assed media reports is why players never even have a shot of growing to their potential on NY. BTW Starksewing1 completely nailed it.

Says the guy who posts under the name Meloshouldgo

And your point is?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/18/2018  2:03 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Irish it was from a quote what Frank said. Maybe I wasn't clear in my post but I got the impression from Popper's article that Frank is homesick. 'Probably' followed by, "I will make sure I come back stronger and even better' sounds like Frank, not a news outlet, is saying he is going to go home but will still work on his game. I try to go with what I actually hear a guy say because I know things are taken out of context. I can't find this interview but from the quote, Probably go home but will work... is a guy saying his plan at this point is to go home. Let me ask both of you, if someone says they probably are going home and talk about what they are going to work on when they are home do you usually think that they aren't going home?

I think that all rookies go home. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. THEM.

It means NOTHING to what they will actually do during the summer.

Again, do you realistically think ANY of the rookies this year have even come close to solidifying summer plans? Or even started to think about them?

You jumped to a conclusion based off of, well, nothing but a reporter asking a rookie a very leading question.

And it's your right to. Not sure you why you would want to.

It was based on his answer. I did not see the interview. There is an interview with Frank on msg's website but it doesn't have that quote. I would love to see the interview. But I am going by what he said. Are you suggesting that his answer was taken out of context? His plans for the summer could change but the words he is saying are not indicating that.

I am suggesting exactly what I said: An interviewer asked Frank a leading question. You are drawing and making conclusions from those questions and answers and have also mentioned you have not seen the interview.

Why would you go by snippets of what perhaps someone said? This is my underlying: You are relying on NY papers to provide you some solid info when you and everyone else knows that they write headlines, quotes and entire article just for clickbait and whatnot. Some of divisive, some of it gossipy.

Read into it what you will.

I have no idea how the topic came up. Frank's family is visiting. I am not going to make an assumption about what question was asked or the context. The only thing we have is the quote unless there is a link to the interview.

No, we have a lot more ammunition than just the quote. We have intuition and simple leaps of logic.

Have you EVER heard of another rookie asked what he was going to do or what his plans are regarding the summer during the all-star break? Probably not, only in NY.

Have you ever heard of a 19 year old asked a 1-off question where he says that "I will probably come back home, but I will take care of working on my game" and then saw an article whose title was "Knicks might not love Frank Ntilikina’s offseason plan"? Probably not, only in NY.

Do we know what click-bait is? YES. A lot of it from Isola, Berman and the NY rags.

Read into it what you will.

I must be missing something. There is a quote where Frank said he probably is going home this summer and will work on getting stronger. Not the worst thing in the world. I don't think Willy, Kuz or Sasha stuck around last year. We know KP didn't and unlike the previous year, no Knick coach worked with him.
The NY media is brutal. Berman, Bondy, Isola etc. do exactly what you describe but not a lot that is super sensational in this quote and it is from a quote. A 19 year old kid from another country wanting to go home seems normal especially when his family is visiting. I don't think this is deviousness by the media. I don't think FRank got tricked into saying something he didn't mean. If you believe those things then we disagree. I have a hard time seeing how you would come to that conclusion though in this situation.

... and yet:

CrushAlot wrote:I am disappointed that he is not going to be in NY for the summer. It sounds like he is pretty homesick in the Popper article. He may need to go home and be with family. I don't think he will benefit as much as he would if he stayed in NY and worked on his game.

You are already disappointed in Frank. You are disappointed because you don't think he will be in NY during the summer.

I can't understand why you would be disappointed given my above.

On a "probably is going home this summer" statement.

You took an offhand comment, asked by an offhand question, replied with a Probably and were disappointed with Frank.

I didn't realize it was such a sensitive topic for you.

It isn't. I started the response by saying that I was surprised you would respond the way you did with such lack of info. IDK Crush, I just expected more?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
2/18/2018  2:04 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I think there will be a new president and coaching staff this off season

Sounds about right, the way you think.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/18/2018  3:30 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:This thread is typical of what I have come to expect from some of the posters here. Take every opportunity to dump on a player and then respond with surprise and comments like "I think there isn't a single Knicks fan that doesn't want the best for Frank". Well it's simple, if you want the best for the kid, STFU and support him when he needs it the most. This constant whining and bitching about straight up extrapolation of half assed media reports is why players never even have a shot of growing to their potential on NY. BTW Starksewing1 completely nailed it.

And your point is?

A poster with the handle that insinuates a former All NBA player should get off the roster instructing others to support players is rather ironic to me.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/18/2018  3:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/18/2018  3:46 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

And your point is?

A poster with the handle that insinuates a former All NBA player should get off the roster instructing others to support players is rather ironic to me.

The instruction was for other posters who professes to want that specific player to succeed. Unless you can point out where I said I wanted Melo to succeed there's no irony at all. There's a ton of hypocrisy from the people who criticized everything a 19 year old says and then act like they have nothing but his best interests in heart.

Other questions?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
martin
USA
2/18/2018  3:50 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I didn't realize it was such a sensitive topic for you.

It isn't. I started the response by saying that I was surprised you would respond the way you did with such lack of info. IDK Crush, I just expected more?

Hmm let me say this differently, didn't come across very well. You are a prolific reader and podcast listener, probably one of the more wide gatherers of Knicks info (if not The most on this site IMHO). Tweets, podcasts, articles, videos, lots and lots of info. I love that, especially when you post them and let us know what you are reading/hearing. I am also interested in how people like you process the information you gather because you come across a TON of it and also because you pass it along, both of which I appreciate. Gathering, passing along and also processing that info is not an easy thing and I'm always interested in how people go through those steps; the processing part is probably the most valuable and influential.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/18/2018  9:14 PM
martin wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I didn't realize it was such a sensitive topic for you.

Hmm let me say this differently, didn't come across very well. You are a prolific reader and podcast listener, probably one of the more wide gatherers of Knicks info (if not The most on this site IMHO). Tweets, podcasts, articles, videos, lots and lots of info. I love that, especially when you post them and let us know what you are reading/hearing. I am also interested in how people like you process the information you gather because you come across a TON of it and also because you pass it along, both of which I appreciate. Gathering, passing along and also processing that info is not an easy thing and I'm always interested in how people go through those steps; the processing part is probably the most valuable and influential.

Thanks Martin. I love the forum and think the posters here are very informed. I am in my car 80-90 minutes a day for my commute and listen to podcasts then. I also listen to them if I am doing stuff around home. I think you guys have set up a great community of Knick fans here. Maybe I am not filtering stuff as much as normal. I read the Popper story and it really highlighted how young Frank is. It maybe the best thing for him to be home with his family.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
2/19/2018  10:13 AM
Can't find a translation but saw this on reddit.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/19/2018  11:02 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Can't find a translation but saw this on reddit.

Here:

announcer: HEy Frank, how are you feeling!
Frank: tired!
Announcer: COngradulations on being selected to the rookie/Soph game! How do you feel about it?
Frank: Actually pretty good, my fans think I should be more aggressive and play in teh Gleague!
Announcer: WOW. Thought crowd!
Frank: Yeah, they think I’m not trying hard enough, Need to be “Humbled”!
Announcer: Why is that?
Frank: I speak 4 languages, I’m 19, make a lot of money, and being French means I dress better.
Announcer: are they upset your not playing as well as Dennis smith or Donovan Mitchell?
Frank: Yeah, Dennis is a real good player, but he would not eat Squid. Phil Jax and his scout Gaines think I can be special. Could of internet fans think otherwise.
Announcer: These HOF internet thread makers?
Frank: Of course they are!!!! LOL!
Announcer: Donovan Mitchell?
Frank: I pass “Too much”, Donovan is a great player, good scorer. WE are very different?
Announcer: How so?
Frank: You know Fred Weis? Well, I’m not him. Get it? Don’t worry.
Announcer: They got Mudiay and Burke, was that to “Motivate your?”
Frank: Yeah, I was already sized for my HOF jacket and eating Bon-Bons getting fat. It never dawned on me until the guys on UK suggested it.
announcer: But Clyde said competition was good for you!
Frank: We all love Clyde, and he is right but also he says things the audience wants to hear. Think about it, fans think “why doesn’’t knicks talk to frank”? You think I don’t know Trey is here?

Juliano
Member: #7589

2/19/2018  12:01 PM
Not much to say, he's just politely answering platitudes to usual journos questions, most of which are about the all star weekend experience. The only funny moment is in the end, they ask him what's going on with the Knicks now that KP's out. The guy on the right flat out asks "are you tanking?" and Franks laughs if off in a little uneasy way, says that players are competitive and try and win on the court, but between the lines it is implied that indeed the coaching staff isn't going all out to win games.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/20/2018  2:17 PM
i think as long as Frank exhibits the same type of maturity/fire/hunger that KP has with taking his game to another level, he will be fine. he already showed it against cavs and lakers.

i was dead against starting him or being in the rotation if the true goal to appease KP was to get to playoffs. With KP out for season...no reason to not play frank 30 mins a night and ditto for mudiay...jack and lee and thjr should sit most mins and let us lose games while the kids frank, mudiay, dotson develop

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/20/2018  8:59 PM
Cartman718 wrote:i think as long as Frank exhibits the same type of maturity/fire/hunger that KP has with taking his game to another level, he will be fine. he already showed it against cavs and lakers.

i was dead against starting him or being in the rotation if the true goal to appease KP was to get to playoffs. With KP out for season...no reason to not play frank 30 mins a night and ditto for mudiay...jack and lee and thjr should sit most mins and let us lose games while the kids frank, mudiay, dotson develop

I completely agree. The Porzingis injury gives this team a year to use to develop the young talent on the roster, plus 2018 picks. The hope is when Porzingis comes back healthy, this is a significantly better team ready to compete for the playoffs and our young guys are more NBA ready.

Nalod
USA
2/23/2018  12:29 AM
Who had the second most minutes tonite?
Who was on the floor when the game ended?
CrushAlot
USA
2/23/2018  12:37 AM
Nalod wrote:Who had the second most minutes tonite?

http://www.nba.com/games/20180222/NYKORL#/boxscore
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
2/23/2018  6:08 AM

Not exactly a showcase performance. But I guess we can shift our standards to minutes forcedfed as a proxy to actual good play. So in keeping with that frank was amazing.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/23/2018  7:51 AM

Ummmm....Trey Burke?! and to add to that...who had the most pts? Who had the most assist? Who had the most rbds for the Knick guards?

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/23/2018  9:47 AM
nykshaknbake wrote:

Not exactly a showcase performance. But I guess we can shift our standards to minutes forcedfed as a proxy to actual good play. So in keeping with that frank was amazing.

Because defense doesn't matter at all right?

CrushAlot
USA
2/23/2018  9:51 AM
Knixkik wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:

He looked great on d. Is it me or is his d better when he is relieved of full time ball handling duties? Not sure and it is a small sample size at this point.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/23/2018  10:02 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:

He looked great on d. Is it me or is his d better when he is relieved of full time ball handling duties? Not sure and it is a small sample size at this point.

He shows flashes all the time, but then again so has besely his whole career.

ES
Nalod
USA
2/23/2018  11:14 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:

He shows flashes all the time, but then again so has besely his whole career.

He was off the ball a lot last nite.
“His whole career? Not even a full season at age 19.
Knicks1248 I posted his minutes last nite because you seem to have felt that since he was not starting his minutes would be cut with Mudiay. You thought Jack would be still playing.
Knick won. THat is never a bad thing. Even in a tank.
Road game also.

Frank the Blank

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy