[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank the Blank
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Posts: 31129
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/28/2012
Member: #4451

2/17/2018  4:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/17/2018  4:43 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:this is even more disturbing


After playing Friday in the Rising Stars Challenge, Ntilikina revealed he will spend most of the offseason training in France. It’s a bit of a surprise since his development after a modestly successful rookie season is vital to the organization’s growth.

Most likely the Knicks would send a developmental coach to work with him in France but Ntiliikina indicated the Las Vegas Summer League doesn’t appear in the plans. The Knicks’ brass has yet to talk with Ntilikina about an offseason plan.

Is that what you got out of that statement?

Frank probably hasn't made summer plans yet. Knicks haven't made summer plans with Frank yet.

And then a reporter asks if he plans to play in the Summer League. Frank: "I dunno".

LOL

I am disappointed that he is not going to be in NY for the summer. It sounds like he is pretty homesick in the Popper article. He may need to go home and be with family. I don't think he will benefit as much as he would if he stayed in NY and worked on his game.

Crush, you do this a lot and I am a bit surprised about your assumptions and where they take you. You KNOW that NY reports, both in headlines as well as pure reporting within articles, will say one thing while misleading with another.

You just ASSUMED that Frank will not be in NY for the summer, weather that means days, weeks or the whole summer, I do not know. Maybe he will be in France for the whole summer, half the summer, don't know; pretty sure Frank doesn't either at this point. Reports just shoved a mic in his face and started asking him questions that he probably hasn't spent much time thinking about and we KNOW that he hasn't sat down with the Knicks to go back and forth on it.

He misses home, I'd want to go back for some time too.

Frank demonstrated to us that he played in Melo's pickup games and trained hard in NY after his playoffs. He also came to NY in-between playoff games.

Let's see how this plays out before you get disappointed in something that hasn't even happened.

Actual quotes from Frank:

“I will probably come back home, but I will take care of working on my game,’’ Ntilikina said at Staples Center. “I will make sure I will come back stronger and even better.”

Unlike Kristaps Porzingis, who stayed the entire offseason in Latvia after blowing off his exit meeting, Ntilikina will make a couple of side trips to New York.

“I will come back [to New York] to make sure the team is ready to have a great season next year,’’ Ntilikina said.

He is literally saying that he will PROBABLY go back to France AND come back to NY.

Probably go back?!?! You are disappointed in probably?

Exactly. You cant take what news outlets say as gospel. KP went home last year but still worked on his game just like Frank will do. Im starting to feel like some have an agenda against this kid
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Posts: 57470
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
2/17/2018  6:31 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:this is even more disturbing


After playing Friday in the Rising Stars Challenge, Ntilikina revealed he will spend most of the offseason training in France. It’s a bit of a surprise since his development after a modestly successful rookie season is vital to the organization’s growth.

Most likely the Knicks would send a developmental coach to work with him in France but Ntiliikina indicated the Las Vegas Summer League doesn’t appear in the plans. The Knicks’ brass has yet to talk with Ntilikina about an offseason plan.

Is that what you got out of that statement?

Frank probably hasn't made summer plans yet. Knicks haven't made summer plans with Frank yet.

And then a reporter asks if he plans to play in the Summer League. Frank: "I dunno".

LOL

I am disappointed that he is not going to be in NY for the summer. It sounds like he is pretty homesick in the Popper article. He may need to go home and be with family. I don't think he will benefit as much as he would if he stayed in NY and worked on his game.

Crush, you do this a lot and I am a bit surprised about your assumptions and where they take you. You KNOW that NY reports, both in headlines as well as pure reporting within articles, will say one thing while misleading with another.

You just ASSUMED that Frank will not be in NY for the summer, weather that means days, weeks or the whole summer, I do not know. Maybe he will be in France for the whole summer, half the summer, don't know; pretty sure Frank doesn't either at this point. Reports just shoved a mic in his face and started asking him questions that he probably hasn't spent much time thinking about and we KNOW that he hasn't sat down with the Knicks to go back and forth on it.

He misses home, I'd want to go back for some time too.

Frank demonstrated to us that he played in Melo's pickup games and trained hard in NY after his playoffs. He also came to NY in-between playoff games.

Let's see how this plays out before you get disappointed in something that hasn't even happened.

Actual quotes from Frank:

“I will probably come back home, but I will take care of working on my game,’’ Ntilikina said at Staples Center. “I will make sure I will come back stronger and even better.”

Unlike Kristaps Porzingis, who stayed the entire offseason in Latvia after blowing off his exit meeting, Ntilikina will make a couple of side trips to New York.

“I will come back [to New York] to make sure the team is ready to have a great season next year,’’ Ntilikina said.

He is literally saying that he will PROBABLY go back to France AND come back to NY.

Probably go back?!?! You are disappointed in probably?

Exactly. You cant take what news outlets say as gospel. KP went home last year but still worked on his game just like Frank will do. Im starting to feel like some have an agenda against this kid
Irish it was from a quote what Frank said. Maybe I wasn't clear in my post but I got the impression from Popper's article that Frank is homesick. 'Probably' followed by, "I will make sure I come back stronger and even better' sounds like Frank, not a news outlet, is saying he is going to go home but will still work on his game. I try to go with what I actually hear a guy say because I know things are taken out of context. I can't find this interview but from the quote, Probably go home but will work... is a guy saying his plan at this point is to go home. Let me ask both of you, if someone says they probably are going home and talk about what they are going to work on when they are home do you usually think that they aren't going home?
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
meloshouldgo
Posts: 26128
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

2/17/2018  6:38 PM
This thread is typical of what I have come to expect from some of the posters here. Take every opportunity to dump on a player and then respond with surprise and comments like "I think there isn't a single Knicks fan that doesn't want the best for Frank". Well it's simple, if you want the best for the kid, STFU and support him when he needs it the most. This constant whining and bitching about straight up extrapolation of half assed media reports is why players never even have a shot of growing to their potential on NY. BTW Starksewing1 completely nailed it.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
HofstraBBall
Posts: 22963
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/21/2015
Member: #6192

2/17/2018  6:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/17/2018  7:04 PM
nixluva wrote:
Panos wrote:Frank N. is Michael Sweetney, 2017 edition. He'll be out of the league once his rookie contract is up.

You know NOTHING! Tony Allen made a career Off Defense and he’s not even close to the passer Frank is. Guys like Frank tend to stick in the NBA! Fans are assuming Frank isn’t going to improve his offense but chances are he will.

Sorry but this is where you lose people. You tell a guy that "he knows nothing" because you claim Frank will turn out like Tony Allen? Is that a fact you can prove? How do you come up with Frank will be Tony Allen? Because he plays good PnR D? And btw what has Tony Allen contributed to? And please don't say a 2008 chip. As most of us NBA fans know who was on that Boston team and how much Tony had to do with winning. You make it sound like Tony Allen was an NBA great who brought teams championships. But fair enough, Frank's ceiling in Tony Allen. Great. Can wait for all the chips to come.

Frank has played like a miss at 8. He is now a Knick and we have to hope he elevates his game. That's it. All this... "he will be another TA" is knowing as much as the guy that says he will be another Cleanthony Early.

martin
Posts: 47850
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
2/17/2018  7:06 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Irish it was from a quote what Frank said. Maybe I wasn't clear in my post but I got the impression from Popper's article that Frank is homesick. 'Probably' followed by, "I will make sure I come back stronger and even better' sounds like Frank, not a news outlet, is saying he is going to go home but will still work on his game. I try to go with what I actually hear a guy say because I know things are taken out of context. I can't find this interview but from the quote, Probably go home but will work... is a guy saying his plan at this point is to go home. Let me ask both of you, if someone says they probably are going home and talk about what they are going to work on when they are home do you usually think that they aren't going home?

I think that all rookies go home. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. THEM.

It means NOTHING to what they will actually do during the summer.

Again, do you realistically think ANY of the rookies this year have even come close to solidifying summer plans? Or even started to think about them?

You jumped to a conclusion based off of, well, nothing but a reporter asking a rookie a very leading question.

And it's your right to. Not sure you why you would want to.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
Posts: 57470
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
2/17/2018  7:10 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Irish it was from a quote what Frank said. Maybe I wasn't clear in my post but I got the impression from Popper's article that Frank is homesick. 'Probably' followed by, "I will make sure I come back stronger and even better' sounds like Frank, not a news outlet, is saying he is going to go home but will still work on his game. I try to go with what I actually hear a guy say because I know things are taken out of context. I can't find this interview but from the quote, Probably go home but will work... is a guy saying his plan at this point is to go home. Let me ask both of you, if someone says they probably are going home and talk about what they are going to work on when they are home do you usually think that they aren't going home?

I think that all rookies go home. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. THEM.

It means NOTHING to what they will actually do during the summer.

Again, do you realistically think ANY of the rookies this year have even come close to solidifying summer plans? Or even started to think about them?

You jumped to a conclusion based off of, well, nothing but a reporter asking a rookie a very leading question.

And it's your right to. Not sure you why you would want to.

It was based on his answer. I did not see the interview. There is an interview with Frank on msg's website but it doesn't have that quote. I would love to see the interview. But I am going by what he said. Are you suggesting that his answer was taken out of context? His plans for the summer could change but the words he is saying are not indicating that.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
martin
Posts: 47850
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
2/17/2018  7:16 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Irish it was from a quote what Frank said. Maybe I wasn't clear in my post but I got the impression from Popper's article that Frank is homesick. 'Probably' followed by, "I will make sure I come back stronger and even better' sounds like Frank, not a news outlet, is saying he is going to go home but will still work on his game. I try to go with what I actually hear a guy say because I know things are taken out of context. I can't find this interview but from the quote, Probably go home but will work... is a guy saying his plan at this point is to go home. Let me ask both of you, if someone says they probably are going home and talk about what they are going to work on when they are home do you usually think that they aren't going home?

I think that all rookies go home. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. THEM.

It means NOTHING to what they will actually do during the summer.

Again, do you realistically think ANY of the rookies this year have even come close to solidifying summer plans? Or even started to think about them?

You jumped to a conclusion based off of, well, nothing but a reporter asking a rookie a very leading question.

And it's your right to. Not sure you why you would want to.

It was based on his answer. I did not see the interview. There is an interview with Frank on msg's website but it doesn't have that quote. I would love to see the interview. But I am going by what he said. Are you suggesting that his answer was taken out of context? His plans for the summer could change but the words he is saying are not indicating that.

I am suggesting exactly what I said: An interviewer asked Frank a leading question. You are drawing and making conclusions from those questions and answers and have also mentioned you have not seen the interview.

Why would you go by snippets of what perhaps someone said? This is my underlying: You are relying on NY papers to provide you some solid info when you and everyone else knows that they write headlines, quotes and entire article just for clickbait and whatnot. Some of divisive, some of it gossipy.

Read into it what you will.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler
Posts: 34948
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

2/17/2018  7:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/17/2018  7:31 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:200 post about a kid who is avg 5 points..The bottom line is, if he doesn't show a vast improvement next season he will be traded. Clearly the knicks don't have a lot of faith in him, or else they wouldn't be scouring the nba circut's for cheap pgs to help

“Clearly the knicks don’t have confidence...” Again, your asking. Shit up.
Say “I think the knicks don’t have confidence”, then explain your view.
Otherwise your making things up.

This kid is far from ready and he really hasn't shown much progress, look at his scouting report from a yr ago, and tell me you don't see the same issues now..


again thats your opinion. But saying that the knicks dont have faith in him is inaccurate unless you have some inside info or something which i doubt

Faith in him right now, clearly the kid has potential, and no one is ever going to debate that, but i don't have faith in the knicks current coaching staff to develop him the right way in the right system.

The idea should be to put much better players around him so he can learn and clearly the FO his struggling to do that because of what they have to work with..little to no assets or cap space.

They brought in Sessions and Jack to do just that, they've told everyone who would listen that very fact. You weren't paying attention.

How much better were they?

On court production for the Knicks, not much and zero. But each has had success in the NBA to a degree. Their influence on Frank? TBD

Yup. If Frank wasnt picked in the top ten, I doubt anyone would be antsy about how much of a project he is turning out to be.

Baker was undrafted, his struggles were easier to deal with because we knew he was a low risk project.

I would say then that your expectations are not in line with what Frank is but rather the # he was picked.

Thats fair, dont believe Im alone on that. Most lottery picks are thought to be more NBA ready, faster to step into their role. When I watch Frank play, listen to him, dont be surprised if Frank doesnt show the ability to be a go to scorer because he doesnt feel he needs to be one.

Thats the big question for me. Will Frank be satisfied if his game becomes more efficient but doesnt expand much beyond what we see now? I honestly dont know the answer.

Check out the article on DSJ I posted in the thread about knowing his dribble drive sets up the rest of his game, helps the team. Im not so sure Frank agrees. Havent seen any indication.

As a whole, most lottery picks should be more NBA ready, but we should also know when they are not and adjust accordingly. Was KP ready to start? Should Frank be by way of 8th pick? Do we consider body type, age, and in this particular case, Frank's unique background?

Should Kobe have been picked earlier? Probably. And if so, should we have expected him to start and produce right away or do we set our expectations differently and let the kid marinate?

Mom always said, not to play ball in the house. Sorry, you had that coming. I guess I would be better able to recalibrate my expectations if I believed Frank understood them himself. He said he wanted to "pick the brains" of the talent at All Star weekend. Should be more interested in playing against them this summer. Best way to learn how to challenge them.

CrushAlot
Posts: 57470
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
2/17/2018  7:46 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Irish it was from a quote what Frank said. Maybe I wasn't clear in my post but I got the impression from Popper's article that Frank is homesick. 'Probably' followed by, "I will make sure I come back stronger and even better' sounds like Frank, not a news outlet, is saying he is going to go home but will still work on his game. I try to go with what I actually hear a guy say because I know things are taken out of context. I can't find this interview but from the quote, Probably go home but will work... is a guy saying his plan at this point is to go home. Let me ask both of you, if someone says they probably are going home and talk about what they are going to work on when they are home do you usually think that they aren't going home?

I think that all rookies go home. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. THEM.

It means NOTHING to what they will actually do during the summer.

Again, do you realistically think ANY of the rookies this year have even come close to solidifying summer plans? Or even started to think about them?

You jumped to a conclusion based off of, well, nothing but a reporter asking a rookie a very leading question.

And it's your right to. Not sure you why you would want to.

It was based on his answer. I did not see the interview. There is an interview with Frank on msg's website but it doesn't have that quote. I would love to see the interview. But I am going by what he said. Are you suggesting that his answer was taken out of context? His plans for the summer could change but the words he is saying are not indicating that.

I am suggesting exactly what I said: An interviewer asked Frank a leading question. You are drawing and making conclusions from those questions and answers and have also mentioned you have not seen the interview.

Why would you go by snippets of what perhaps someone said? This is my underlying: You are relying on NY papers to provide you some solid info when you and everyone else knows that they write headlines, quotes and entire article just for clickbait and whatnot. Some of divisive, some of it gossipy.

Read into it what you will.

I have no idea how the topic came up. Frank's family is visiting. I am not going to make an assumption about what question was asked or the context. The only thing we have is the quote unless there is a link to the interview.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
CrushAlot
Posts: 57470
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
2/17/2018  7:50 PM
If I am trying to trick Frank into a sensational quote I would ask him why he thought the Knicks brought in Mudiay and Burke after drafting him last summer.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
martin
Posts: 47850
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
2/17/2018  8:04 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Irish it was from a quote what Frank said. Maybe I wasn't clear in my post but I got the impression from Popper's article that Frank is homesick. 'Probably' followed by, "I will make sure I come back stronger and even better' sounds like Frank, not a news outlet, is saying he is going to go home but will still work on his game. I try to go with what I actually hear a guy say because I know things are taken out of context. I can't find this interview but from the quote, Probably go home but will work... is a guy saying his plan at this point is to go home. Let me ask both of you, if someone says they probably are going home and talk about what they are going to work on when they are home do you usually think that they aren't going home?

I think that all rookies go home. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. THEM.

It means NOTHING to what they will actually do during the summer.

Again, do you realistically think ANY of the rookies this year have even come close to solidifying summer plans? Or even started to think about them?

You jumped to a conclusion based off of, well, nothing but a reporter asking a rookie a very leading question.

And it's your right to. Not sure you why you would want to.

It was based on his answer. I did not see the interview. There is an interview with Frank on msg's website but it doesn't have that quote. I would love to see the interview. But I am going by what he said. Are you suggesting that his answer was taken out of context? His plans for the summer could change but the words he is saying are not indicating that.

I am suggesting exactly what I said: An interviewer asked Frank a leading question. You are drawing and making conclusions from those questions and answers and have also mentioned you have not seen the interview.

Why would you go by snippets of what perhaps someone said? This is my underlying: You are relying on NY papers to provide you some solid info when you and everyone else knows that they write headlines, quotes and entire article just for clickbait and whatnot. Some of divisive, some of it gossipy.

Read into it what you will.

I have no idea how the topic came up. Frank's family is visiting. I am not going to make an assumption about what question was asked or the context. The only thing we have is the quote unless there is a link to the interview.

No, we have a lot more ammunition than just the quote. We have intuition and simple leaps of logic.

Have you EVER heard of another rookie asked what he was going to do or what his plans are regarding the summer during the all-star break? Probably not, only in NY.

Have you ever heard of a 19 year old asked a 1-off question where he says that "I will probably come back home, but I will take care of working on my game" and then saw an article whose title was "Knicks might not love Frank Ntilikina’s offseason plan"? Probably not, only in NY.

Do we know what click-bait is? YES. A lot of it from Isola, Berman and the NY rags.

Read into it what you will.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
Posts: 57470
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
2/17/2018  8:14 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Irish it was from a quote what Frank said. Maybe I wasn't clear in my post but I got the impression from Popper's article that Frank is homesick. 'Probably' followed by, "I will make sure I come back stronger and even better' sounds like Frank, not a news outlet, is saying he is going to go home but will still work on his game. I try to go with what I actually hear a guy say because I know things are taken out of context. I can't find this interview but from the quote, Probably go home but will work... is a guy saying his plan at this point is to go home. Let me ask both of you, if someone says they probably are going home and talk about what they are going to work on when they are home do you usually think that they aren't going home?

I think that all rookies go home. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. THEM.

It means NOTHING to what they will actually do during the summer.

Again, do you realistically think ANY of the rookies this year have even come close to solidifying summer plans? Or even started to think about them?

You jumped to a conclusion based off of, well, nothing but a reporter asking a rookie a very leading question.

And it's your right to. Not sure you why you would want to.

It was based on his answer. I did not see the interview. There is an interview with Frank on msg's website but it doesn't have that quote. I would love to see the interview. But I am going by what he said. Are you suggesting that his answer was taken out of context? His plans for the summer could change but the words he is saying are not indicating that.

I am suggesting exactly what I said: An interviewer asked Frank a leading question. You are drawing and making conclusions from those questions and answers and have also mentioned you have not seen the interview.

Why would you go by snippets of what perhaps someone said? This is my underlying: You are relying on NY papers to provide you some solid info when you and everyone else knows that they write headlines, quotes and entire article just for clickbait and whatnot. Some of divisive, some of it gossipy.

Read into it what you will.

I have no idea how the topic came up. Frank's family is visiting. I am not going to make an assumption about what question was asked or the context. The only thing we have is the quote unless there is a link to the interview.

No, we have a lot more ammunition than just the quote. We have intuition and simple leaps of logic.

Have you EVER heard of another rookie asked what he was going to do or what his plans are regarding the summer during the all-star break? Probably not, only in NY.

Have you ever heard of a 19 year old asked a 1-off question where he says that "I will probably come back home, but I will take care of working on my game" and then saw an article whose title was "Knicks might not love Frank Ntilikina’s offseason plan"? Probably not, only in NY.

Do we know what click-bait is? YES. A lot of it from Isola, Berman and the NY rags.

Read into it what you will.

I must be missing something. There is a quote where Frank said he probably is going home this summer and will work on getting stronger. Not the worst thing in the world. I don't think Willy, Kuz or Sasha stuck around last year. We know KP didn't and unlike the previous year, no Knick coach worked with him.
The NY media is brutal. Berman, Bondy, Isola etc. do exactly what you describe but not a lot that is super sensational in this quote and it is from a quote. A 19 year old kid from another country wanting to go home seems normal especially when his family is visiting. I don't think this is deviousness by the media. I don't think FRank got tricked into saying something he didn't mean. If you believe those things then we disagree. I have a hard time seeing how you would come to that conclusion though in this situation.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
martin
Posts: 47850
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
2/17/2018  8:23 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Irish it was from a quote what Frank said. Maybe I wasn't clear in my post but I got the impression from Popper's article that Frank is homesick. 'Probably' followed by, "I will make sure I come back stronger and even better' sounds like Frank, not a news outlet, is saying he is going to go home but will still work on his game. I try to go with what I actually hear a guy say because I know things are taken out of context. I can't find this interview but from the quote, Probably go home but will work... is a guy saying his plan at this point is to go home. Let me ask both of you, if someone says they probably are going home and talk about what they are going to work on when they are home do you usually think that they aren't going home?

I think that all rookies go home. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. THEM.

It means NOTHING to what they will actually do during the summer.

Again, do you realistically think ANY of the rookies this year have even come close to solidifying summer plans? Or even started to think about them?

You jumped to a conclusion based off of, well, nothing but a reporter asking a rookie a very leading question.

And it's your right to. Not sure you why you would want to.

It was based on his answer. I did not see the interview. There is an interview with Frank on msg's website but it doesn't have that quote. I would love to see the interview. But I am going by what he said. Are you suggesting that his answer was taken out of context? His plans for the summer could change but the words he is saying are not indicating that.

I am suggesting exactly what I said: An interviewer asked Frank a leading question. You are drawing and making conclusions from those questions and answers and have also mentioned you have not seen the interview.

Why would you go by snippets of what perhaps someone said? This is my underlying: You are relying on NY papers to provide you some solid info when you and everyone else knows that they write headlines, quotes and entire article just for clickbait and whatnot. Some of divisive, some of it gossipy.

Read into it what you will.

I have no idea how the topic came up. Frank's family is visiting. I am not going to make an assumption about what question was asked or the context. The only thing we have is the quote unless there is a link to the interview.

No, we have a lot more ammunition than just the quote. We have intuition and simple leaps of logic.

Have you EVER heard of another rookie asked what he was going to do or what his plans are regarding the summer during the all-star break? Probably not, only in NY.

Have you ever heard of a 19 year old asked a 1-off question where he says that "I will probably come back home, but I will take care of working on my game" and then saw an article whose title was "Knicks might not love Frank Ntilikina’s offseason plan"? Probably not, only in NY.

Do we know what click-bait is? YES. A lot of it from Isola, Berman and the NY rags.

Read into it what you will.

I must be missing something. There is a quote where Frank said he probably is going home this summer and will work on getting stronger. Not the worst thing in the world. I don't think Willy, Kuz or Sasha stuck around last year. We know KP didn't and unlike the previous year, no Knick coach worked with him.
The NY media is brutal. Berman, Bondy, Isola etc. do exactly what you describe but not a lot that is super sensational in this quote and it is from a quote. A 19 year old kid from another country wanting to go home seems normal especially when his family is visiting. I don't think this is deviousness by the media. I don't think FRank got tricked into saying something he didn't mean. If you believe those things then we disagree. I have a hard time seeing how you would come to that conclusion though in this situation.

... and yet:

CrushAlot wrote:I am disappointed that he is not going to be in NY for the summer. It sounds like he is pretty homesick in the Popper article. He may need to go home and be with family. I don't think he will benefit as much as he would if he stayed in NY and worked on his game.

You are already disappointed in Frank. You are disappointed because you don't think he will be in NY during the summer.

I can't understand why you would be disappointed given my above.

On a "probably is going home this summer" statement.

You took an offhand comment, asked by an offhand question, replied with a Probably and were disappointed with Frank.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
Posts: 57470
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
2/17/2018  9:36 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Irish it was from a quote what Frank said. Maybe I wasn't clear in my post but I got the impression from Popper's article that Frank is homesick. 'Probably' followed by, "I will make sure I come back stronger and even better' sounds like Frank, not a news outlet, is saying he is going to go home but will still work on his game. I try to go with what I actually hear a guy say because I know things are taken out of context. I can't find this interview but from the quote, Probably go home but will work... is a guy saying his plan at this point is to go home. Let me ask both of you, if someone says they probably are going home and talk about what they are going to work on when they are home do you usually think that they aren't going home?

I think that all rookies go home. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. THEM.

It means NOTHING to what they will actually do during the summer.

Again, do you realistically think ANY of the rookies this year have even come close to solidifying summer plans? Or even started to think about them?

You jumped to a conclusion based off of, well, nothing but a reporter asking a rookie a very leading question.

And it's your right to. Not sure you why you would want to.

It was based on his answer. I did not see the interview. There is an interview with Frank on msg's website but it doesn't have that quote. I would love to see the interview. But I am going by what he said. Are you suggesting that his answer was taken out of context? His plans for the summer could change but the words he is saying are not indicating that.

I am suggesting exactly what I said: An interviewer asked Frank a leading question. You are drawing and making conclusions from those questions and answers and have also mentioned you have not seen the interview.

Why would you go by snippets of what perhaps someone said? This is my underlying: You are relying on NY papers to provide you some solid info when you and everyone else knows that they write headlines, quotes and entire article just for clickbait and whatnot. Some of divisive, some of it gossipy.

Read into it what you will.

I have no idea how the topic came up. Frank's family is visiting. I am not going to make an assumption about what question was asked or the context. The only thing we have is the quote unless there is a link to the interview.

No, we have a lot more ammunition than just the quote. We have intuition and simple leaps of logic.

Have you EVER heard of another rookie asked what he was going to do or what his plans are regarding the summer during the all-star break? Probably not, only in NY.

Have you ever heard of a 19 year old asked a 1-off question where he says that "I will probably come back home, but I will take care of working on my game" and then saw an article whose title was "Knicks might not love Frank Ntilikina’s offseason plan"? Probably not, only in NY.

Do we know what click-bait is? YES. A lot of it from Isola, Berman and the NY rags.

Read into it what you will.

I must be missing something. There is a quote where Frank said he probably is going home this summer and will work on getting stronger. Not the worst thing in the world. I don't think Willy, Kuz or Sasha stuck around last year. We know KP didn't and unlike the previous year, no Knick coach worked with him.
The NY media is brutal. Berman, Bondy, Isola etc. do exactly what you describe but not a lot that is super sensational in this quote and it is from a quote. A 19 year old kid from another country wanting to go home seems normal especially when his family is visiting. I don't think this is deviousness by the media. I don't think FRank got tricked into saying something he didn't mean. If you believe those things then we disagree. I have a hard time seeing how you would come to that conclusion though in this situation.

... and yet:

CrushAlot wrote:I am disappointed that he is not going to be in NY for the summer. It sounds like he is pretty homesick in the Popper article. He may need to go home and be with family. I don't think he will benefit as much as he would if he stayed in NY and worked on his game.

You are already disappointed in Frank. You are disappointed because you don't think he will be in NY during the summer.

I can't understand why you would be disappointed given my above.

On a "probably is going home this summer" statement.

You took an offhand comment, asked by an offhand question, replied with a Probably and were disappointed with Frank.

I didn't realize it was such a sensitive topic for you.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
StarksEwing1
Posts: 31129
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/28/2012
Member: #4451

2/17/2018  10:15 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:This thread is typical of what I have come to expect from some of the posters here. Take every opportunity to dump on a player and then respond with surprise and comments like "I think there isn't a single Knicks fan that doesn't want the best for Frank". Well it's simple, if you want the best for the kid, STFU and support him when he needs it the most. This constant whining and bitching about straight up extrapolation of half assed media reports is why players never even have a shot of growing to their potential on NY. BTW Starksewing1 completely nailed it.
agreed and thanks for the kind words. Look its fine to point out franks weaknesses and what he needs to work on but the kid has also shown some good flashes and has a good mindset which is a good sign for the future
OldFan
Posts: 21422
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2003
Member: #446
2/17/2018  10:57 PM
I have three differences of opinion with many of the posters on this thread:
- The comparison to the players who have the best stats in this draft class, while ignoring all the other rookies that are struggling.
- The philosophy that it's an offensive league so defense is not important and ignoring defense when making comparisons.
- The idea that we should have drafted the most ready players and we shouldn't give allowances because Frank is 19.

Frank is hardly the only 1st round draft pick not putting up big stats.

Even if Franks defense is NBA average that makes him well above average for a rookie. If offense if important than "stopping" offense is important. Just like when the NFL made rules to open up the passing game it made cornerbacks and pass rushers more important. The fact that the NBA is full of guys who can hit the three and get into the lane makes guys who can slow those guys down more important.

And yes it matters that he is 19. It doesn't mean he can't be judged it just means he should be judged on a different curve than older players. Most athletes are better at 20, 21, 22 than they are at 19. As far as picking an NBA ready player - The Knicks aren't ready - there was no reason to focus on the most NBA ready player.

knicks1248
Posts: 38035
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
2/17/2018  11:16 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Irish it was from a quote what Frank said. Maybe I wasn't clear in my post but I got the impression from Popper's article that Frank is homesick. 'Probably' followed by, "I will make sure I come back stronger and even better' sounds like Frank, not a news outlet, is saying he is going to go home but will still work on his game. I try to go with what I actually hear a guy say because I know things are taken out of context. I can't find this interview but from the quote, Probably go home but will work... is a guy saying his plan at this point is to go home. Let me ask both of you, if someone says they probably are going home and talk about what they are going to work on when they are home do you usually think that they aren't going home?

I think that all rookies go home. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. THEM.

It means NOTHING to what they will actually do during the summer.

Again, do you realistically think ANY of the rookies this year have even come close to solidifying summer plans? Or even started to think about them?

You jumped to a conclusion based off of, well, nothing but a reporter asking a rookie a very leading question.

And it's your right to. Not sure you why you would want to.

It was based on his answer. I did not see the interview. There is an interview with Frank on msg's website but it doesn't have that quote. I would love to see the interview. But I am going by what he said. Are you suggesting that his answer was taken out of context? His plans for the summer could change but the words he is saying are not indicating that.

I am suggesting exactly what I said: An interviewer asked Frank a leading question. You are drawing and making conclusions from those questions and answers and have also mentioned you have not seen the interview.

Why would you go by snippets of what perhaps someone said? This is my underlying: You are relying on NY papers to provide you some solid info when you and everyone else knows that they write headlines, quotes and entire article just for clickbait and whatnot. Some of divisive, some of it gossipy.

Read into it what you will.

I have no idea how the topic came up. Frank's family is visiting. I am not going to make an assumption about what question was asked or the context. The only thing we have is the quote unless there is a link to the interview.

No, we have a lot more ammunition than just the quote. We have intuition and simple leaps of logic.

Have you EVER heard of another rookie asked what he was going to do or what his plans are regarding the summer during the all-star break? Probably not, only in NY.

Have you ever heard of a 19 year old asked a 1-off question where he says that "I will probably come back home, but I will take care of working on my game" and then saw an article whose title was "Knicks might not love Frank Ntilikina’s offseason plan"? Probably not, only in NY.

Do we know what click-bait is? YES. A lot of it from Isola, Berman and the NY rags.

Read into it what you will.

I must be missing something. There is a quote where Frank said he probably is going home this summer and will work on getting stronger. Not the worst thing in the world. I don't think Willy, Kuz or Sasha stuck around last year. We know KP didn't and unlike the previous year, no Knick coach worked with him.
The NY media is brutal. Berman, Bondy, Isola etc. do exactly what you describe but not a lot that is super sensational in this quote and it is from a quote. A 19 year old kid from another country wanting to go home seems normal especially when his family is visiting. I don't think this is deviousness by the media. I don't think FRank got tricked into saying something he didn't mean. If you believe those things then we disagree. I have a hard time seeing how you would come to that conclusion though in this situation.

... and yet:

CrushAlot wrote:I am disappointed that he is not going to be in NY for the summer. It sounds like he is pretty homesick in the Popper article. He may need to go home and be with family. I don't think he will benefit as much as he would if he stayed in NY and worked on his game.

You are already disappointed in Frank. You are disappointed because you don't think he will be in NY during the summer.

I can't understand why you would be disappointed given my above.

On a "probably is going home this summer" statement.

You took an offhand comment, asked by an offhand question, replied with a Probably and were disappointed with Frank.

I think there will be a new president and coaching staff this off season

ES
Jmpasq
Posts: 23609
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

2/18/2018  7:27 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:This thread is typical of what I have come to expect from some of the posters here. Take every opportunity to dump on a player and then respond with surprise and comments like "I think there isn't a single Knicks fan that doesn't want the best for Frank". Well it's simple, if you want the best for the kid, STFU and support him when he needs it the most. This constant whining and bitching about straight up extrapolation of half assed media reports is why players never even have a shot of growing to their potential on NY. BTW Starksewing1 completely nailed it.

Says the guy who posts under the name Meloshouldgo
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GustavBahler
Posts: 34948
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

2/18/2018  9:17 AM
An 8th pick who often plays like a second rounder, regardless of his age, is going to hear it from fans.Still, no one expects a fully formed NBA player at 19.

Did expect to see Frank make more of a case to be a future starter by this point, given that his minutes have been consistent.

Still about half a season left. Frank can show the Knicks they made the right call if he plays his role.
Still not convinced he understands it.

Dont believe anyone can make a case that Frank does understand his role as a PG until he expands his game beyond that of a complimentary player.

HofstraBBall
Posts: 22963
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/21/2015
Member: #6192

2/18/2018  9:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/18/2018  9:34 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:this is even more disturbing


After playing Friday in the Rising Stars Challenge, Ntilikina revealed he will spend most of the offseason training in France. It’s a bit of a surprise since his development after a modestly successful rookie season is vital to the organization’s growth.

Most likely the Knicks would send a developmental coach to work with him in France but Ntiliikina indicated the Las Vegas Summer League doesn’t appear in the plans. The Knicks’ brass has yet to talk with Ntilikina about an offseason plan.

Is that what you got out of that statement?

Frank probably hasn't made summer plans yet. Knicks haven't made summer plans with Frank yet.

And then a reporter asks if he plans to play in the Summer League. Frank: "I dunno".

LOL

I am disappointed that he is not going to be in NY for the summer. It sounds like he is pretty homesick in the Popper article. He may need to go home and be with family. I don't think he will benefit as much as he would if he stayed in NY and worked on his game.

Crush, you do this a lot and I am a bit surprised about your assumptions and where they take you. You KNOW that NY reports, both in headlines as well as pure reporting within articles, will say one thing while misleading with another.

You just ASSUMED that Frank will not be in NY for the summer, weather that means days, weeks or the whole summer, I do not know. Maybe he will be in France for the whole summer, half the summer, don't know; pretty sure Frank doesn't either at this point. Reports just shoved a mic in his face and started asking him questions that he probably hasn't spent much time thinking about and we KNOW that he hasn't sat down with the Knicks to go back and forth on it.

He misses home, I'd want to go back for some time too.

Frank demonstrated to us that he played in Melo's pickup games and trained hard in NY after his playoffs. He also came to NY in-between playoff games.

Let's see how this plays out before you get disappointed in something that hasn't even happened.

Actual quotes from Frank:

“I will probably come back home, but I will take care of working on my game,’’ Ntilikina said at Staples Center. “I will make sure I will come back stronger and even better.”

Unlike Kristaps Porzingis, who stayed the entire offseason in Latvia after blowing off his exit meeting, Ntilikina will make a couple of side trips to New York.

“I will come back [to New York] to make sure the team is ready to have a great season next year,’’ Ntilikina said.

He is literally saying that he will PROBABLY go back to France AND come back to NY.

Probably go back?!?! You are disappointed in probably?

Exactly. You cant take what news outlets say as gospel. KP went home last year but still worked on his game just like Frank will do. Im starting to feel like some have an agenda against this kid

Agree this is just the media looking for a story. Don't see every player at the All Star weekend being asked what they are doing for the summer. Let alone making a story about it. Regardless of where people feel the kid is at right now, they should just be looking for the kid to continue working on his game. No matter where he is. I am sure that he will want to have some time, in US, playing against top competition. As he did last year.

Frank the Blank

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.