[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Who the hell is playing tonight? DJ, did TOR upgrade their roster?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Posts: 44733
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

2/8/2018  9:49 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Frank got off to a great start. Drifts too much.

That's not drifting that's just how he's played all year... he not a NBA basketball player. We have like 60 games worth of proof. He can get better but we have to be realistic here.

You know why I'm here....
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Posts: 34948
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

2/8/2018  9:52 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Kornet had a great first game, at least something positive came out of this game. Looking forward to seeing him get more PT.
He looked great and played with a ton of energy and poise.

Great to see him make the most out of his opportunity. I saw a blurb that Frank said he wasnt worried about Mudiay. He should be because Perry looks worried about him, to sign yet another PG.

GustavBahler
Posts: 34948
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

2/8/2018  9:54 PM
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Frank got off to a great start. Drifts too much.

That's not drifting that's just how he's played all year... he not a NBA basketball player. We have like 60 games worth of proof. He can get better but we have to be realistic here.

Of course it is,its about Frank not being able to stay focused. I agree that its been a problem all season. This was one of his better starts in a while, but didnt last long.

ekstarks94
Posts: 20566
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/5/2015
Member: #6104

2/8/2018  9:58 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Frank got off to a great start. Drifts too much.

That's not drifting that's just how he's played all year... he not a NBA basketball player. We have like 60 games worth of proof. He can get better but we have to be realistic here.

Of course it is,its about Frank not being able to stay focused. I agree that its been a problem all season. This was one of his better starts in a while, but didnt last long.

The kid is 19...he avged 5.2 pets for his team in France...what the hell do you expect....Phil said and I agree you draft a Frank not for today but 3 years from now,,,,why in the hell was everyone asking for Frank in trades...PHX asked for him and Willy in Bledsoe deal...ORL asked for him in exchange for Payton...Frank has the tools but you have to give him a chance to put it all together...

CrushAlot
Posts: 57277
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
2/8/2018  9:59 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Kornet had a great first game, at least something positive came out of this game. Looking forward to seeing him get more PT.
He looked great and played with a ton of energy and poise.

Great to see him make the most out of his opportunity. I saw a blurb that Frank said he wasnt worried about Mudiay. He should be because Perry looks worried about him, to sign yet another PG.

I agree. Perry targeted point guards at the deadline. He went after two young lottery point guards. I don't think he is stock piling talent. He sees the same thing we see.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
nixluva
Posts: 56237
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
2/8/2018  10:00 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Kornet had a great first game, at least something positive came out of this game. Looking forward to seeing him get more PT.
He looked great and played with a ton of energy and poise.

Great to see him make the most out of his opportunity. I saw a blurb that Frank said he wasnt worried about Mudiay. He should be because Perry looks worried about him, to sign yet another PG.


IMO you would be looking to add more PG talent anyway. Frank is as he was when drafted a RAW young player. This was known about him before they drafted him. He was NEVER a Pure PG but rather he played Some PG and SG in France. He was not a Breakdown type and only recent improved his handle to the level it's at now. His handle was even worse just last year. He should be judged on the progress he's made since then to this point. It may not look like it but he has made improvement.

Frank should be in College but since he was a Euro we got him early and he's gonna need time to develop. This is what happened with Mudiay as well. If Donovan Mitchell was a foreign player they might have taken him at 19 when he was still a scrub in College. DM wasn't even draft worthy at 19 but look how much he improved from 19 to 21. PATIENCE is required.

nixluva
Posts: 56237
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
2/8/2018  10:05 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Kornet had a great first game, at least something positive came out of this game. Looking forward to seeing him get more PT.
He looked great and played with a ton of energy and poise.

Great to see him make the most out of his opportunity. I saw a blurb that Frank said he wasnt worried about Mudiay. He should be because Perry looks worried about him, to sign yet another PG.

I agree. Perry targeted point guards at the deadline. He went after two young lottery point guards. I don't think he is stock piling talent. He sees the same thing we see.

Perry is doing his job. You keep adding young talent PERIOD. Of course watching Frank you can tell that he's raw and young. Mudiay is a little older and further along in his development but still struggling as well. The way you're talking is like you know that Frank isn't going to mature and improve as a player when you don't know that. The chances are that like most young players Frank is going to improve and mature physically. How much is the question. Kid has a teenage body and is playing in the NBA. There's a LONG way to go for his development.
reub
Posts: 21800
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

2/8/2018  10:07 PM
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Kornet had a great first game, at least something positive came out of this game. Looking forward to seeing him get more PT.
He looked great and played with a ton of energy and poise.

Great to see him make the most out of his opportunity. I saw a blurb that Frank said he wasnt worried about Mudiay. He should be because Perry looks worried about him, to sign yet another PG.


IMO you would be looking to add more PG talent anyway. Frank is as he was when drafted a RAW young player. This was known about him before they drafted him. He was NEVER a Pure PG but rather he played Some PG and SG in France. He was not a Breakdown type and only recent improved his handle to the level it's at now. His handle was even worse just last year. He should be judged on the progress he's made since then to this point. It may not look like it but he has made improvement.

Frank should be in College but since he was a Euro we got him early and he's gonna need time to develop. This is what happened with Mudiay as well. If Donovan Mitchell was a foreign player they might have taken him at 19 when he was still a scrub in College. DM wasn't even draft worthy at 19 but look how much he improved from 19 to 21. PATIENCE is required.

Frank was good and then bad tonight. He's going to take 2 more seasons to be a starter. In the meantime we should just keep him in his present role of playing 20+ minutes a night and taking the time to find his game. Meanwhile we can play the sh+t out of Mudiay, Burke and even Jack. This is the prudent way to go forward.

Kornet was our best player tonight and it was nice to see a center with that kind of range which opens up the court for our offense. He is our best 3 point shooter btw. His presence and rim protection were nice too. Looks better than Willy.

Hicks was kind of one dimensional out there. He tries to play bully ball but that's not going to work at this level. He made one midrange shot and he needs to shoot more of those.

Burke did some good things but also displayed his defensive liabilities due to his height.

Dotson didn't play as much and did next to nothing.

Our veterans always suck so I won't comment on any of them.

GustavBahler
Posts: 34948
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

2/8/2018  10:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2018  10:11 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Frank got off to a great start. Drifts too much.

That's not drifting that's just how he's played all year... he not a NBA basketball player. We have like 60 games worth of proof. He can get better but we have to be realistic here.

Of course it is,its about Frank not being able to stay focused. I agree that its been a problem all season. This was one of his better starts in a while, but didnt last long.

The kid is 19...he avged 5.2 pets for his team in France...what the hell do you expect....Phil said and I agree you draft a Frank not for today but 3 years from now,,,,why in the hell was everyone asking for Frank in trades...PHX asked for him and Willy in Bledsoe deal...ORL asked for him in exchange for Payton...Frank has the tools but you have to give him a chance to put it all together...

I expect that his age isnt used as a blanket excuse for a lack of aggresiveness. Lots of 19 year olds gone through the NBA who arent afraid of contact. How many times does he get to the line? If the Knicks were so confident in Frank, they wouldnt keep adding PGs in spite of KP going down and the season lost.

CrushAlot
Posts: 57277
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
2/8/2018  10:13 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Kornet had a great first game, at least something positive came out of this game. Looking forward to seeing him get more PT.
He looked great and played with a ton of energy and poise.

Great to see him make the most out of his opportunity. I saw a blurb that Frank said he wasnt worried about Mudiay. He should be because Perry looks worried about him, to sign yet another PG.

I agree. Perry targeted point guards at the deadline. He went after two young lottery point guards. I don't think he is stock piling talent. He sees the same thing we see.

Perry is doing his job. You keep adding young talent PERIOD. Of course watching Frank you can tell that he's raw and young. Mudiay is a little older and further along in his development but still struggling as well. The way you're talking is like you know that Frank isn't going to mature and improve as a player when you don't know that. The chances are that like most young players Frank is going to improve and mature physically. How much is the question. Kid has a teenage body and is playing in the NBA. There's a LONG way to go for his development.
I hope he develops into a fantastic player. But the Knicks have brought in two former lottery pick point guards in the last month. Some of that is being opportunistic but Perry targeted young, lottery point guards at the deadline. The Kings traded George Hill. They didn't try to get Payton or Mudiay.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
WaltLongmire
Posts: 27604
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

2/8/2018  10:18 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Kornet had a great first game, at least something positive came out of this game. Looking forward to seeing him get more PT.
He looked great and played with a ton of energy and poise.

Great to see him make the most out of his opportunity. I saw a blurb that Frank said he wasnt worried about Mudiay. He should be because Perry looks worried about him, to sign yet another PG.

I agree. Perry targeted point guards at the deadline. He went after two young lottery point guards. I don't think he is stock piling talent. He sees the same thing we see.

Ahhh...I think he sees that Frank is 19 and physically immature and not ready yet on the offensive end...if Perry thought he wasn't worth keeping he would have given him up for Payton, which is something Isola said Orlando wanted, but Perry didn't.

Suddenly Mudiay, who was basically traded for Devin Harris is a savior? Guys got to get real.

You should know better...some others, maybe not. Are we in a situation then where we aren't going to give the youngest player in the team time to develop? Is that the thinking process now?

We got Mudiay for virtually nothing because he didn't develop over 3 years in Denver, despite being picked as their franchise savior PG a few years ago, and remember, he got substantial playing time to show whether he was worth keeping.

Hope he does well here, but it would seem that folks aren't willing to let Frank develop, which I find kind of foolish.

Is this an anti-Jackson sentiment in some around here, or simple ignorance about how some players develop. Frank has had some good games, and you should look at those games, not the poor one he has...at least not at this point.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
reub
Posts: 21800
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

2/8/2018  10:21 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Kornet had a great first game, at least something positive came out of this game. Looking forward to seeing him get more PT.
He looked great and played with a ton of energy and poise.

Great to see him make the most out of his opportunity. I saw a blurb that Frank said he wasnt worried about Mudiay. He should be because Perry looks worried about him, to sign yet another PG.

I agree. Perry targeted point guards at the deadline. He went after two young lottery point guards. I don't think he is stock piling talent. He sees the same thing we see.

Ahhh...I think he sees that Frank is 19 and physically immature and not ready yet on the offensive end...if Perry thought he wasn't worth keeping he would have given him up for Payton, which is something Isola said Orlando wanted, but Perry didn't.

Suddenly Mudiay, who was basically traded for Devin Harris is a savior? Guys got to get real.

You should know better...some others, maybe not. Are we in a situation then where we aren't going to give the youngest player in the team time to develop? Is that the thinking process now?

We got Mudiay for virtually nothing because he didn't develop over 3 years in Denver, despite being picked as their franchise savior PG a few years ago, and remember, he got substantial playing time to show whether he was worth keeping.

Hope he does well here, but it would seem that folks aren't willing to let Frank develop, which I find kind of foolish.

Is this an anti-Jackson sentiment in some around here, or simple ignorance about how some players develop. Frank has had some good games, and you should look at those games, not the poor one he has...at least not at this point.


To me, having and playing Mudiay (a lot) takes the spotlight and the pressure off of Frank so that he can develop slowly and with less pressure over the next 2 years. I like the acquisition.
GustavBahler
Posts: 34948
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

2/8/2018  10:24 PM
reub wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Kornet had a great first game, at least something positive came out of this game. Looking forward to seeing him get more PT.
He looked great and played with a ton of energy and poise.

Great to see him make the most out of his opportunity. I saw a blurb that Frank said he wasnt worried about Mudiay. He should be because Perry looks worried about him, to sign yet another PG.

I agree. Perry targeted point guards at the deadline. He went after two young lottery point guards. I don't think he is stock piling talent. He sees the same thing we see.

Ahhh...I think he sees that Frank is 19 and physically immature and not ready yet on the offensive end...if Perry thought he wasn't worth keeping he would have given him up for Payton, which is something Isola said Orlando wanted, but Perry didn't.

Suddenly Mudiay, who was basically traded for Devin Harris is a savior? Guys got to get real.

You should know better...some others, maybe not. Are we in a situation then where we aren't going to give the youngest player in the team time to develop? Is that the thinking process now?

We got Mudiay for virtually nothing because he didn't develop over 3 years in Denver, despite being picked as their franchise savior PG a few years ago, and remember, he got substantial playing time to show whether he was worth keeping.

Hope he does well here, but it would seem that folks aren't willing to let Frank develop, which I find kind of foolish.

Is this an anti-Jackson sentiment in some around here, or simple ignorance about how some players develop. Frank has had some good games, and you should look at those games, not the poor one he has...at least not at this point.


To me, having and playing Mudiay (a lot) takes the spotlight and the pressure off of Frank so that he can develop slowly and with less pressure over the next 2 years. I like the acquisition.

I dont believe thats it because the Knicks arent going to wait years for Frank. The Knicks??? Some folks are still butt hurt over Phil getting the boot.

CrushAlot
Posts: 57277
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
2/8/2018  10:33 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Kornet had a great first game, at least something positive came out of this game. Looking forward to seeing him get more PT.
He looked great and played with a ton of energy and poise.

Great to see him make the most out of his opportunity. I saw a blurb that Frank said he wasnt worried about Mudiay. He should be because Perry looks worried about him, to sign yet another PG.

I agree. Perry targeted point guards at the deadline. He went after two young lottery point guards. I don't think he is stock piling talent. He sees the same thing we see.

Ahhh...I think he sees that Frank is 19 and physically immature and not ready yet on the offensive end...if Perry thought he wasn't worth keeping he would have given him up for Payton, which is something Isola said Orlando wanted, but Perry didn't.

Suddenly Mudiay, who was basically traded for Devin Harris is a savior? Guys got to get real.

You should know better...some others, maybe not. Are we in a situation then where we aren't going to give the youngest player in the team time to develop? Is that the thinking process now?

We got Mudiay for virtually nothing because he didn't develop over 3 years in Denver, despite being picked as their franchise savior PG a few years ago, and remember, he got substantial playing time to show whether he was worth keeping.

Hope he does well here, but it would seem that folks aren't willing to let Frank develop, which I find kind of foolish.

Is this an anti-Jackson sentiment in some around here, or simple ignorance about how some players develop. Frank has had some good games, and you should look at those games, not the poor one he has...at least not at this point.

Not anti-Phil but I am concerned about the motivation to draft Frank with some of the talent still on the board. Good games that I recall for Frank were the Cavs, Lakers, Mavs, Nets. But Perry brought in a fourth point guard. Mudiay is just 21 and was top 3 in his high school class. Perry also was looking at Payton. We're not talking about grizzled vets holding the job down until Frank is ready.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
WaltLongmire
Posts: 27604
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

2/8/2018  10:36 PM
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Frank got off to a great start. Drifts too much.

That's not drifting that's just how he's played all year... he not a NBA basketball player. We have like 60 games worth of proof. He can get better but we have to be realistic here.


Got some issues with the kid...don't you. Honestly...this sounds like something a 12 yr old might say, and hardly realistic, but time will tell.

Broad generalization and premature pronouncements are usually the ones that come back to hit you in the face...and Karma can be embarrassing at times.

Why not let the kid develop...let him work on things in the offseason, get a little stronger through normal growth and weights, and see what happens. You really believe that what you see now is what you are going to get and that he won't improve?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
ekstarks94
Posts: 20566
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/5/2015
Member: #6104

2/8/2018  10:38 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Frank got off to a great start. Drifts too much.

That's not drifting that's just how he's played all year... he not a NBA basketball player. We have like 60 games worth of proof. He can get better but we have to be realistic here.

Of course it is,its about Frank not being able to stay focused. I agree that its been a problem all season. This was one of his better starts in a while, but didnt last long.

The kid is 19...he avged 5.2 pets for his team in France...what the hell do you expect....Phil said and I agree you draft a Frank not for today but 3 years from now,,,,why in the hell was everyone asking for Frank in trades...PHX asked for him and Willy in Bledsoe deal...ORL asked for him in exchange for Payton...Frank has the tools but you have to give him a chance to put it all together...

I expect that his age isnt used as a blanket excuse for a lack of aggresiveness. Lots of 19 year olds gone through the NBA who arent afraid of contact. How many times does he get to the line? If the Knicks were so confident in Frank, they wouldnt keep adding PGs in spite of KP going down and the season lost.

You are talking about 19 yr olds who from 12-18 travel the country playing AAU ball....different culture...They have played thousands of games and are used to getting in the lane and scoring....Frank is still trying to figure it all out

I was listening to a Knicks podcast a couple of weeks ago and they had a caller from France who followed his career...he said this is anew culture he is adapting to...and he call him the French J kidd....now that is a tall order I am just saying give him time

ekstarks94
Posts: 20566
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/5/2015
Member: #6104

2/8/2018  10:39 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Kornet had a great first game, at least something positive came out of this game. Looking forward to seeing him get more PT.
He looked great and played with a ton of energy and poise.

Great to see him make the most out of his opportunity. I saw a blurb that Frank said he wasnt worried about Mudiay. He should be because Perry looks worried about him, to sign yet another PG.

I agree. Perry targeted point guards at the deadline. He went after two young lottery point guards. I don't think he is stock piling talent. He sees the same thing we see.

Ahhh...I think he sees that Frank is 19 and physically immature and not ready yet on the offensive end...if Perry thought he wasn't worth keeping he would have given him up for Payton, which is something Isola said Orlando wanted, but Perry didn't.

Suddenly Mudiay, who was basically traded for Devin Harris is a savior? Guys got to get real.

You should know better...some others, maybe not. Are we in a situation then where we aren't going to give the youngest player in the team time to develop? Is that the thinking process now?

We got Mudiay for virtually nothing because he didn't develop over 3 years in Denver, despite being picked as their franchise savior PG a few years ago, and remember, he got substantial playing time to show whether he was worth keeping.

Hope he does well here, but it would seem that folks aren't willing to let Frank develop, which I find kind of foolish.

Is this an anti-Jackson sentiment in some around here, or simple ignorance about how some players develop. Frank has had some good games, and you should look at those games, not the poor one he has...at least not at this point.

+100

BigRedDog
Posts: 21933
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 1/23/2004
Member: #569
2/8/2018  10:41 PM
nixluva wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
nixluva wrote:
MS wrote:Holding back Beasley makes sense if we want to resign him long term. But agreed, especially when you allow Hardaway to play big minutes while producing nothing.

God, Frank is ****ing terrible. Always picks up his dribble, never gets by anyone and perhaps one of the worst athletes in the league.

Kornet has been very impressive.


I blame the coaching cuz there's no way that Frank keeps doing that if you're coaching him properly. The Plays are actually designed for him to give up the ball early. If you look at the sets that's the actual PLAY. Jeff's gotta stop running that SHYTE and give him permission to look to handle the ball. Frank is picking up the ball because that's the play. Bring it up and pass it to the left or right. Then make a shallow cut and come back to the ball.

Really sad. Frank has made NO progress at all this year. Actually regressing.


I just don't think Jeff has helped him to progress. He looked better and more confident in December. You have to MAKE him keep the ball in his hands by design and allow him to get used to reading the D and making plays. Jeff has TRAINING wheels on Frank with the plays he calls when he's in there. Run some darnd Clear outs with a screen and let him try to make something happen. He'll fail but he'll also learn from it. How's he going to improve if you don't let him try and fail?

agree 100%

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
GustavBahler
Posts: 34948
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

2/8/2018  10:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2018  11:26 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Frank got off to a great start. Drifts too much.

That's not drifting that's just how he's played all year... he not a NBA basketball player. We have like 60 games worth of proof. He can get better but we have to be realistic here.

Of course it is,its about Frank not being able to stay focused. I agree that its been a problem all season. This was one of his better starts in a while, but didnt last long.

The kid is 19...he avged 5.2 pets for his team in France...what the hell do you expect....Phil said and I agree you draft a Frank not for today but 3 years from now,,,,why in the hell was everyone asking for Frank in trades...PHX asked for him and Willy in Bledsoe deal...ORL asked for him in exchange for Payton...Frank has the tools but you have to give him a chance to put it all together...

I expect that his age isnt used as a blanket excuse for a lack of aggresiveness. Lots of 19 year olds gone through the NBA who arent afraid of contact. How many times does he get to the line? If the Knicks were so confident in Frank, they wouldnt keep adding PGs in spite of KP going down and the season lost.

You are talking about 19 yr olds who from 12-18 travel the country playing AAU ball....different culture...They have played thousands of games and are used to getting in the lane and scoring....Frank is still trying to figure it all out

I was listening to a Knicks podcast a couple of weeks ago and they had a caller from France who followed his career...he said this is anew culture he is adapting to...and he call him the French J kidd....now that is a tall order I am just saying give him time

The big selling point I kept hearing that unlike college players, Frank was playing against grown men. Watch the look on his face some time when he takes it to the rim, often you see a look of terror. That isnt going away. This is a contact sport, and Frank is very scared of contact. Guys a lot smaller than Frank come out of college who are fearless about going at anyone who gets in their way, thats not Frank.

If the Knicks draft a PG in the first round, or trade for a legit starter, sure, give him time. No way I want to see Frank penciled in as the starter next season. Not unless he undergoes a Marvel like transformation over the summer. If Frank wasnt being sold as the heir apparent starting PG, I probably would expect less.

WaltLongmire
Posts: 27604
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

2/8/2018  10:55 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Kornet had a great first game, at least something positive came out of this game. Looking forward to seeing him get more PT.
He looked great and played with a ton of energy and poise.

Great to see him make the most out of his opportunity. I saw a blurb that Frank said he wasnt worried about Mudiay. He should be because Perry looks worried about him, to sign yet another PG.

I agree. Perry targeted point guards at the deadline. He went after two young lottery point guards. I don't think he is stock piling talent. He sees the same thing we see.

Perry is doing his job. You keep adding young talent PERIOD. Of course watching Frank you can tell that he's raw and young. Mudiay is a little older and further along in his development but still struggling as well. The way you're talking is like you know that Frank isn't going to mature and improve as a player when you don't know that. The chances are that like most young players Frank is going to improve and mature physically. How much is the question. Kid has a teenage body and is playing in the NBA. There's a LONG way to go for his development.
I hope he develops into a fantastic player. But the Knicks have brought in two former lottery pick point guards in the last month. Some of that is being opportunistic but Perry targeted young, lottery point guards at the deadline. The Kings traded George Hill. They didn't try to get Payton or Mudiay.

Two former lottery picks who were basically cast away by the teams who drafted them...And remember Trey was also a lottery pick...how much did he cost us?

Why wouldn't Orlando keep Payton...pay him what he deserved, if they thought he was the PG answer for them? Hell, they got screwed by Philly and had to pay to get him, but still decided he wasn't worth resigning and dealt him away.

And why was Mudiay available, and why were we able to pick up Burke for nothing.

Maybe Frank becomes the same type of player...maybe we ship him off in a couple of years because Mudiay blossoms somehow, or Frank doesn't develop, but he's had no chance to develop, has he...or even mature as a man.

Again...in Trey and Mudiay we basically got guys who were rejected by the teams which picked them around the same slots we got Frank...and they had enough chances to stick with their respective teams and didn't.

Both pickups...Frank and Trey were good ones, and I was happy to hear that Kornet had a good game. I'm still annoyed that we kept KOQ but gave up Willy, who I think we will someday regret giving up, and I think the same can be true of Frank if we ship him off before giving him a chance to show what he can do, which is something folks are already talking about.

Disappointing...

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
GameThread: Who the hell is playing tonight? DJ, did TOR upgrade their roster?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.